Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,816 members, 7,813,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6971) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8693847 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6968) (6969) (6970) (6971) (6972) (6973) (6974) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:48am On Aug 25, 2019
engrelvis:
l v never believe in ole so d issue of me getting work up can never arise.is only a daft coach dat will depend on inconsistent rashford n martial to give him goals.martial dat cannot make a decent dribble.am nt even cing d attacking football he is talking about.for now I will even prefer Sanchez, greenwood n Gomez.To think we r paying all these overhyped players millions of dollars is even more annoying. If ole stays till dec I will b surprise.
The field is always green on the other side.

The same Sanchez that was finding it hard to trap last season

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:
Without players that can beat their man, it will be difficult for this team to play against teams that sit back. We need dribblers
You need shaku shaku cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 25, 2019
Blame fc
So una won blame James for celebrating na WA oooo grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:00am On Aug 25, 2019
we never even hear wetin dey do martial.
make don stop that sanchez to inter rumour we no get anybody for bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:02am On Aug 25, 2019
diggz:

How will james not be your problem, and the problem here? When he's solely responsible for DDGs form, Rashford, lingard and Martials useless. Your coaches decisions and that of wood?

You're looking for a scapegoat in the wrong place. You can't be serious moaning over the celebration of an inexperienced lad. You're one of the many hypocrites supporting ManU.

No wonder you're Mr bassey ogbeni rauf aregbesola leyqute legbegbe cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ogbeni shut up your mouth ojare. I criticized all of them in that same post you quoted.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:05am On Aug 25, 2019
larride:

What is he trying to implement? Ole is a counter attack merchant. If there’s no space for counter attack, we are fûcked. Very simple.

Don’t even mention Ole in the same sentence with Pep.

Don’t forget that this same Pep chop 4-0 for Everton hand before he got it right.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2019
chrisley024:
The field is always green on the other side.

The same Sanchez that was finding it hard to trap last season
if u read my past post u will know I dnt like Sanchez but with what I v seen so far he can't do worse.let try him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Captprodigy(m): 9:26am On Aug 25, 2019
Lana1:
Ayam fine undecided

Ayew still hurt?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2019
Leyqute:

I’m guessing they will have to learn from yesterday. The only player with balls on the pitch yesterday was POgba. He wanted to make things happen-create chances and score goals. The others were just playing it safely.

Just look at that stvpid Martial. He was immobile and played for himself until the 80th minute or so. Rashford kept disappointing his generation and James, who was mobile enough had little expectation of himself.

How can you score an equalizer and celebrate like King Kong? We don’t care about your stvpid goal, we only care about the 3 points!
Left to me, Pogba has no business playing from deep. He's our most creative player, probably the only one. In France there's grizzy, Mbappe etc that can create something out of nothing. We don't have that here. He should be part of the front 3 or just behind them, not from deep
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:33am On Aug 25, 2019
Leyqute:

He was anonymous. Full stop.
Use greenwood use greenwood.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:34am On Aug 25, 2019
engrelvis:
if u read my past post u will know I dnt like Sanchez but with what I v seen so far he can't do worse.let try him.

Sanchez can’t do worse? All the worse that he’s been doing for the past 18 months nko? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:35am On Aug 25, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Must everything be violent for you? That's how you wanted to lay hands on somebody the other day.

As the football no dey work, na MMA sure pass.

Na kuku mUFC be una name anyway
What's MMA?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:37am On Aug 25, 2019
Sniper4real:

Sanchez the dribbler that we bought is letting us down

Pogba the dribbler is playing far from the post
Sanchez that can't dribble a shadow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2019
larride:

What is he trying to implement? Ole is a counter attack merchant. If there’s no space for counter attack, we are fûcked. Very simple.

Don’t even mention Ole in the same sentence with Pep.
You have a beef with OGS as the manager, I'm not willing to go down that road
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2019
Myllz:

You need shaku shaku cheesy
We already have one that we hate, lingard
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:41am On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

Use greenwood use greenwood.

He’s not all that bad. OLE should’ve started him instead of bringing him into a disjointed team. He gave McTom the pass that lead to the penalty.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:46am On Aug 25, 2019
Leyqute:

Don’t forget that this same Pep chop 4-0 for Everton hand before he got it right.
I just don't get it. When pep came to England, his team will pass and pass and dominate games but will find it difficult to score. He even had to buy Jesus to replace a whole Aguero. This was a team that just won the league a year or so ago.

Pep won't do shit with the current players we have, especially in midfield and attack, but if the club can't go all out to get those players, there's nothing he can do. I'd he had remain in Bayern, he won't do more than winning the league every year which is a given for every Bayern coach. And that's because Bayern transfer policy is very strange. You don't see them going after expensive targets. He's having it good at City. He is probably the best coach right now, but he won't do shiit with some of the players some top teams parade

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:48am On Aug 25, 2019
Leyqute:

Mancini City beat SAF 6 - 1. Does that mean Mancini is better than SAF.

Even that year when Pep went trophyless, you could clearly see the way they were playing. They were not struggling to create chances, they create bucket load of chances, scored goals and concede as much as they scored. It was obvious the defense was the issue and the next season, he fixed that up. Now he has won the league back to back and will prolly do the 3 peat.

Ole style of play is counter attacking, there’s no point trying to lie to ourselves that it isn’t. Go look at all the match we won under him and see how the goals came by.

Counter attacking is not a bad style of play, but you must get the necessary players to execute the style of play and this is where the blame is on Ole.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:48am On Aug 25, 2019
Leyqute:

He’s not all that bad. OLE should’ve started him instead of bringing him into a disjointed team. He gave McTom the pass that lead to the penalty.
What wing/role is he going to play? A creator?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nihilistjnr: 9:50am On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

What's MMA?

Manyoo Martial Arts

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:51am On Aug 25, 2019
larride:

Mancini City beat SAF 6 - 1. Does that mean Mancini is better than SAF.

Even that year when Pep went trophyless, you could clearly see the way they were playing. They were not struggling to create chances, they create bucket load of chances, scored goals and concede as much as they scored. It was obvious the defense was the issue and the next season, he fixed that up. Now he has won the league back to back and will prolly do the 3 peat.

Ole style of play is counter attacking, there’s no point trying to lie to ourselves that it isn’t. Go look at all the match we won under him and see how the goals came by.

Counter attacking is not a bad style of play, but you must get the necessary players to execute the style of play and this is where the blame is on Ole.
Counter attack style has 70+ possession? This is new. The current players are suited for which style sef?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:52am On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

I just don't get it. When pep came to England, his team will pass and pass and dominate games but will find it difficult to score. He even had to buy Jesus to replace a whole Aguero. This was a team that just won the league a year or so ago.

Pep won't do shit with the current players we have, especially in midfield and attack, but if the club can't go all out to get those players, there's nothing he can do. I'd he had remain in Bayern, he won't do more than winning the league every year which is a given for every Bayern coach. And that's because Bayern transfer policy is very strange. You don't see them going after expensive targets. He's having it good at City. He is probably the best coach right now, but he won't do shiit with some of the players some top teams parade

The same City that scored 80 goals? One of the highest in the league that season?

Say another lie please.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:53am On Aug 25, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Manyoo Martial Arts
Hahaha very funny

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nihilistjnr: 9:54am On Aug 25, 2019
Leyqute:

Ogbeni shut up your mouth ojare. I criticized all of them in that same post you quoted.
omo see salt crystals on my phone sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

Counter attack style has 70+ possession? This is new. The current players are suited for which style sef?

There are games under Mou we had 70+ possession, it doesn’t mean Mou doesn’t love counter attacking.

When you play bottom table teams, you are going to have lots of possession because they will cede possession to you, what you do with that possession is the thrust of the matter.

Today is not the first time I have been lamenting about the players so I don’t know what you are saying. Maybe you should go and read my other posts and see where I’m coming from.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:00am On Aug 25, 2019
larride:

The same City that scored 80 goals? One of the highest in the league that season?

Say another lie please.
Same City that lost out on all the competitions, not because they were not playing well but they couldn't score and were shipping in goals? Was that not the season they lost out to Monaco in the champions league?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:04am On Aug 25, 2019
larride:

There are games under Mou we had 70+ possession, it doesn’t mean Mou doesn’t love counter attacking.

When you play bottom table teams, you are going to have lots of possession because they will cede possession to you, what you do with that possession is the thrust of the matter.

Today is not the first time I have been lamenting about the players so I don’t know what you are saying. Maybe you should go and read my other posts and see where I’m coming from.
I said it here many times that Mourinho didn't play counter attacking style at United. He dominated games but lacked the players to break down defenses. I watched a lot of our matches to know that what we played wasn't counter attack.

That he loved counter attack is not entirely true. Against stronger teams, yeah, but then in a season, how many times do you play against stronger teams in the league? We never did under Mourinho, because 2-3 matches doesn't count for counter attacking
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:08am On Aug 25, 2019
larride:

Mourinho had issues getting some players he wanted, is it OGS that you think is going to bring in everybody? Because he does not throw jabs and snide remarks during press conferences? Really?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:18am On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

Same City that lost out on all the competitions, not because they were not playing well but they couldn't score and were shipping in goals? Was that not the season they lost out to Monaco in the champions league?

City were shipping in goals not that they were finding it hard to score. They lost out to Monaco on away goal rule. City scored more than 100 goals in all competition that season. Shipping in goals was their issue and Pep fixed that the following season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:24am On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

Mourinho had issues getting some players he wanted, is it OGS that you think is going to bring in everybody? Because he does not throw jabs and snide remarks during press conferences? Really?

Almost all our fan base were saying Mou was the one holding the players back last season before he was sacked. During the closing stages of last season, it was clear these players are not going to change their shitty play, what should a reasonable coach do? Still trust the same set of players?

Some were calling Ed out (which I agree because he’s incompetent) but Ole himself came out to say money is not the issue, we didn’t find the right kind of players we want in the TW. He believed in these players and he will be judged with what he does with them.

I said he was a Yes man here and you guys almost lynch me. We’ll see how he will transform these players he so much believed him into world beaters.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by metodman(m): 10:27am On Aug 25, 2019
The kind of faith people on this thread were having and still having amazes me and I really respect you guys for the faith. Not everyone can exercise that level of faith (I cant). You are hoping both Martial and Rashford score lots of goals, you hope Lingard becomes Messi or someone close overnight, you hope Pogba comes to the party, you hope Shaw stays fit and plays good, you hope that OLE gets it right... you hope...you hope...you hope... it's a season of hoping.

I hate to say this but we should get ready for similar outcomes this season. The way you lay your bed is the way you will lie on it. The Board are knowedgeable set of people and they know what our problems are. As far as I'm concerned they are not ready to solve the problems. They are still cutting corners, unfortunately at the detriment of the fans.

We knew we had issues last season... lot's of it. I understand we can not sort out all in one transfer period but there has to be some decisiveness. We signed two players not three. We signed 2 first team players and one talent/prospect. We knew we had issues and still have issues with that Lingard role (number 10) and we did nothing but expects miracle. It's as if our board is led by Nigerian politicians. Most of our first team players are meant to be on the bench but no we did nothing. The transfer window was a disaster. We took almost 4 weeks to sign each player that we signed.

As far as I'm concerned, OLE is a motivational speaker and he's no different from Lindgard. You can't give what you do not have.

Me I just dey observe.... and hoping...

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

I said it here many times that Mourinho didn't play counter attacking style at United. He dominated games but lacked the players to break down defenses. I watched a lot of our matches to know that what we played wasn't counter attack.

That he loved counter attack is not entirely true. Against stronger teams, yeah, but then in a season, how many times do you play against stronger teams in the league? We never did under Mourinho, because 2-3 matches doesn't count for counter attacking

Have you forgotten the arguments we had concerning this last season?

The words we were hearing last season was “Mou is holding them back” “Mou is too defensive minded” “Mou is not allowing them to enjoy themselves”. It’s very painful I’m not too good with digging out post. Even the Maguire we bought this season, I remember Mou going for him and the wailing that accompany it. grin

Maybe postdigger can help.

Any manager that look at that midfield and attack and feels comfortable deserve the sack.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6968) (6969) (6970) (6971) (6972) (6973) (6974) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: TrebleChamp(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.