Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6974) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8788712 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6971) (6972) (6973) (6974) (6975) (6976) (6977) ... (14181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 1:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

Same City that lost out on all the competitions, not because they were not playing well but they couldn't score and were shipping in goals? Was that not the season they lost out to Monaco in the champions league?
They couldn't score but the aggregate of that Monaco duel was 6:6. Joker cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2019
Leyqute:

You are minding nitrogen.

Everything na coach fault alone

No doubt, he is trying to get them to be fit, run more etc. Style and philosophy matter o. Those things he has done will only make them form 'activity' on the pitch, work harder to achieve nothing. You need to be strategic and also be flexible with your style every match day. OGS is just making them work hard and fail at the same time.

Running around won't make you win games, you need positioning, tactical running tongue, etc. I don't see those things when we play, and you said the manager is working.

Hehe, I laugh at you guys.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:22pm On Aug 25, 2019
BikeMan:
This is a lie, he never had issues with scoring, don't even compare your team or manager to Pep, Pep finished 3rd in that supposedly shitty season.
Your team beat city home and away that season even though they had 90% possession
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
Lol. When i was saying we need to offload 80% of our squad people here are laughing at me, some were shouting me down, look at it now. I maintained that apart from lack of quality, the main problem we have is discipline and commitment. Some of us here have piled the blame to Mctoms and James because they are not the fancy prima donas earning 300k per week. Yesterday James was the only attacker that is really pushing the opposition defence with speed determination and strenght, Likewise Mctoms who was everywhere, he even won the penalty the stupid Rashford threw away.
Fergie used Valencia, Cleverly, Nani, Anderson and Welbeck, Oshea and Brown to win titles, these people are not too much quality but they have grit, urgency, fighting spirit, discipline and determination. Pogba, Martial, Rashford and Lingard lack all of this. But they are spared criticism. Someone even said DDG is not to be blamed, for someone who has at least 1 howler in 2 matches, and he has been consistent with it now for over 1 year now. We left the main issue and be criticising the only player who bothered to play because he celebrated. Thats hypocrisy. Analyse whatever yoy want, once the players keep jogging around the pitch as if nothing is at stake, it will still be lamentation every day

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
odizeey:
if things change bfr then be bold to show face o.
Cos I don't see how ole will say he is satisfied with 2 defenders, and on championship winger. Even pep Wen good dey buy up and down.

Chris appears mostly when the team is losing with his long chapters of complaints and I-told-you-so-hahas
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
Leyqute:

You are minding nitrogen.

Everything na coach fault alone
I have decided to ignore him and that christo guy. I have no business discussing football with people that don't understand the game. Some just want to be shouting up manu
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
nitrogen:

No doubt, he is trying to get them to be fit, run more etc. Style and philosophy matter o. Those things he has done will only make them form 'activity' on the pitch, work harder to achieve nothing. You need to be strategic and also be flexible with your style every match day. OGS is just making them work hard and fail at the same time.

Running around won't make you win games, you need positioning, tactical running tongue, etc. I don't see those things when we play, and you said the manager is working.

Hehe, I laugh at you guys.

Potassium
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 1:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

Your team beat city home and away that season even though they had 90% possession
90% possession, Oga abegii, una go pray for that kind season as you dey now. Larride has told you the amount of goals you said that struggling team scored, call me when next you score that amount of goals. Dey compare Ole to Pep, yeye!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
Capitalcee. What we need is stiff competition for places and a coach who won’t have favorites. Or at least have favorites that perform.

When Jesus arrived Aguero became even better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2019
Don't know why I see things in a different way sha, OGS is not doing anything o.

Anybody can improve players' fitness level. Managers handle things like:

-how do we play each opponent?
-what tweak do we make today against this team?
-positioning of the players (need to ensure your style matches abilities of the players)
-who plays in the hole today? Pogba, Lingard, Peirrera, Mata etc.depending on the opposition
-If I am not sure we will buy another striker, we don't need to sell yet
-compact football or we expand play?
-who takes penalties and freekicks? Not either Pogba or Rashford can play. Doesn't make sense.
-etc.

There are several things a manager does. Not to have baby face and be looking like 'oyinbo witch' every match day.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
Leyqute:

Potassium

Okay. All the best o!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
nitrogen:
Don't know why I see things in a different way sha, OGS is not doing anything o.

Anybody can improve players' fitness level. Managers handle things like:

-how do we play each opponent?
-what tweak do we make today against this team?
-positioning of the players (need to ensure your style matches abilities of the players)
-who plays in the hole today? Pogba, Lingard, Peirrera, Mata etc.depending on the opposition
-If I am not sure we will buy another striker, we don't need to sell yet
-compact football or we expand play?
-who takes penalties and freekicks? Not either Pogba or Rashford can play. Doesn't make sense.
-etc.

There are several things a manager does. Not to have baby face and be looking like 'oyinbo witch' every match day.

HOLE FC grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:38pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

I have decided to ignore him and that christo guy. I have no business discussing football with people that don't understand the game. Some just want to be shouting up manu

Hehe, football manager, what do you know about football? Your own is to keep shouting 'buy more players' everytime.

You don't understand football, you don't know business, infact, you know nothing!

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:40pm On Aug 25, 2019
thorrvik55:

HOLE FC grin

Better go and face your own, you too have a rookie manager o, I am sure we would invade your thread very soon.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:40pm On Aug 25, 2019
BikeMan:
90% possession, Oga abegii, una go pray for that kind season as you dey now. Larride has told you the amount of goals you said that struggling team scored, call me when next you score that amount of goals. Dey compare Ole to Pep, yeye!
Which school you go sef?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 1:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
nitrogen:

Better go and face your own, you too have a rookie manager o, I am sure we would invade your thread very soon.

At least my own rookie manager has a clear pattern he wants his player to play cool

After being at the club for close to two seasons now and getting his transfer targets, your own is still trying to figure which pattern of play to implement and who to play in the hole grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
thorrvik55:

At least my own rookie manager has a clear pattern he wants his player to play cool

After being at the club for close to two seasons now and getting his transfer targets, your own is still trying to figure which pattern of play to implement and who to play in the hole grin grin grin

Well, things may not work out for your club na. Life is messier than you think.

That said, your observations about us are correct, but a lot in here think some of us are just being pessimistic. They said he needs to buy more as if the board hasn't sanctioned many buys in the last 4-5 years with no fuvking result, they said he has a pattern of play, but yeah, maybe if you guys can help us tell them, maybe they will see the light.

Chelsea has won the league twice or so in the last five years spending less, but we must spend $2 billion before we get it right, as if money grows on trees. I don tire.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 2:10pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

Which school you go sef?
You spewed trash man. Statements that are not factual. Don't try to belittle Pep in a desperate attempt to save your rookie of a coach's face

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:16pm On Aug 25, 2019
BikeMan:
You spewed trash man. Statements that are not factual. Don't try to belittle Pep in a desperate attempt to save your rookie of a coach's face
What do you think would have happened if Pep wasn't able to change his entire back line plus keeper? And if he didn't bring in those additions to the attack like Bernardo, Mahrez, Jesus?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TLona1: 2:18pm On Aug 25, 2019
spillo1:
This coach deceived Us.

Ole as a permanent Manchester United manager

3 wins 3 draws 7 defeats

23% win rate.

Ole, take the wheeeeeel
Take it from their hands
'Cause they can't do this on their own
They're letting go
So give them one more chance
And save them from this road they're on.

Ole, take the wheeeeeel

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 2:22pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

What do you think would have happened if Pep wasn't able to change his entire back line plus keeper? And if he didn't bring in those additions to the attack like Bernardo, Mahrez, Jesus?
In your attempt to cover the Ls babyface is receiving left and right, you compared your useless style of play to Pep's and said he found it hard to score. How does a team that scored over 100 goals find it hard to score, na 200 goals them go score? Like Larride corrected you, they were scoring as they like, they just had issues conceding and he fixed that. You spend annually than this guy, this season alone you have spent twice on defenders, Pep has never spent that amount on a defender. Yet you're still getting fvcked by Palace at home. Next Transfer Window FC. JUST DON'T PUT OLE AND PEP IN THE SAME SENTENCE AGAIN. Thank You

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 2:33pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

Which school you go sef?
Igbinedion university, Okada Edo state.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

And then you said?
You need shaku shaku cos na wetin Una dy call hazard as na dribbler undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
BikeMan:
In your attempt to cover the Ls babyface is receiving left and right, you compared your useless style of play to Pep's and said he found it hard to score. How does a team that scored over 100 goals find it hard to score, na 200 goals them go score? Like Larride corrected you, they were scoring as they like, they just had issues conceding and he fixed that. You spend annually than this guy, this season alone you have spent twice on defenders, Pep has never spent that amount on a defender. Yet you're still getting fvcked by Palace at home. Next Transfer Window FC. JUST DON'T PUT OLE AND PEP IN THE SAME SENTENCE AGAIN. Thank You

Succinctly put. Well done!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Victornezzar: 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2019
obainojazz:
mumu

I saw what you did there cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
BikeMan:
See epistle o. Just 2 questions I asked, you couldn't answer. You should have just said you didn't understand the questions sis
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
obainojazz:
Sandwich student abi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
Our adversaries are picking maximum points. But at this age and time, we still believe that the premier league race is not to the swift nor the battle for top 4 is for the strong.

Safe journey!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
Leyqute:

Chris appears mostly when the team is losing with his long chapters of complaints and I-told-you-so-hahas

I started commenting on this thread right after Ole was appointed cuz it got be so pissed. It was supposed to be the time we got it right finally and stopped the dwindling fortunes of the club but we ended up making the most stupid decision ever.

Since then I've been commenting regularly on this thread when we've won and when we've lost. I was here when United defeated Chelsea 4_0. So I don't know what you're talking about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
And to think that Ole came out numerous times to say he's satisfied with this squad and the players. At the end of the window he said there was money to buy players but he didn't see the right players for Man Utd.( After searching for more than 6 months). At the transfer deadline show on Sky Sports, it was confirmed Ole was not keen on bringing in new players cuz he thinks he can work on what he has for this season.

But these Ole fans will still tell you Ole wanted more signings but the board didn't get it for him. Shay this thing na jazz ni? Cuz I don't understand.

To think that all these trusts in Ole and believing that he'll build Man Utd is based on that winning run we had initially, nothing else. It's sad.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 4:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
Leyqute:

EPA diggz leave me alone I still dey mourn
Thanda Fire you there cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 4:38pm On Aug 25, 2019
Happy Sunday Gloryisaac angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (6971) (6972) (6973) (6974) (6975) (6976) (6977) ... (14181) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: larride(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.