Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,550 members, 7,847,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:51 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6978) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8827500 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6975) (6976) (6977) (6978) (6979) (6980) (6981) ... (14205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TLona1: 12:26am On Aug 26, 2019
eph12:

Pep is the best around no doubt, but there's a reason he made a lot of changes. He could have gone to the academy to bring players that he will train to be this good yeah?

Over the years, Man U has bought Pogba, Fred, Lindelof, Lukaku, Martial, Bissaka, Slab Head, Luke Shaw etc yet all we see is boring and unattractive football.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 12:55am On Aug 26, 2019
Leyqute:

Not newsworthy.

The same Poch Na him lose at home to a lesser team so. If na Utd now, Christopher go don dey type epistles.

You see ehhn, this is the standard that makes us okay with mediocrity. Tottenham lost this weekend, you'll say Pochetinho lost as well and try to turn it to an excuse. Next week if City lose to Brighton, and we lose to Southampton, you'll turn city losing to an excuse. Naso we go continue to do till we dey 8th position by December, far away from big teams like us.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:00am On Aug 26, 2019
weedtaker:
Una the complain about set piece when we no even sabi throw ball.

we shouldn't have signed AWB, considering the style ole says he wants to play, dalot should have been giving a chance or better still sign a proven attacking RB. and smalling should be the one paired with slab head.
I said it at the start of the season when peeps here were busy creaming their pants bcuz of lindelof and slab head [ two ball playing CB's they say ]

Smalling and maguire will compliment each other very well.

When I saw people putting Lindelof and maguire as their first choice pair, na dia i know say many people here no sabi ball.

Lindelof is our worst CB alongside Baily. lindelof is not fast and terrible in the air,

as in, if you no fast and no good for air wetin come make you defender??

Fred should be in the team

and finally if we don't drop de gea, then we are not even serious.

If you manage Man Utd for two years, we'll land in league one.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:10am On Aug 26, 2019
dubylhover:
Poch lost the game with his starting lineup,imagine dropping ericksen against a team that would sit back and defend..

Lamela did his best,but he rarely positioned himself in the hole behind the first line of defense,that's where brilliance is,spurs also have bang shiity midfield..is there any diff BTW winks and tonimay? The intensity of their passing was too slow...mehn God bless guardiola,seems to be the only gaffer who really understands modern day football,well he is the architect of modern day football...

So as confirmed,its going to be a 2 horse race BTW pool and city with city lifting the title again...

I honestly have no complaints about our own club because honestly I didn't expect anything other from what we are seeing now..

Eriksen didn't play because Real are still trying to get him. He complained about this. Eriksen is not 100% focused at the moment. About your other points, Spurs got two midfielders, Ndobele and Lo celso. Both didn't really play today's match. Ndobele is injured and Lo Celso has had about only one or two weeks of training.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:11am On Aug 26, 2019
chidexxy007:
See wailing name grin grin
Una dey try o..

This team should just learn to pass the ball quicker and more vertically with incisive passes between the lines and Martial/Rashford shouldn't be dropping into midfield same time it clogs up that space making it easy for the opponents to defend as nobody is trying to make a run behind.

In the past 2 games, the only times the boys passed the ball with urgency was what brought about the goals and penarities and yes, OGS doesn't have a plan B, atleast for now.

you no Sabi pass under mourinho, you no Sabi pass under Ole.

Abeg, who con teach dem passing now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:22am On Aug 26, 2019
Lana1:
That Newcastle win sweet my bele die. At White Hart Lane no less.

The same people that will come here and type epistles on Ole's head after every point United drops will form unlooking for Poch.

Abeg epp me ask them what 'Tatiks' Poch played today. Abi how will the almighty, flawless, UCL finalist Poch lose at home to Newcastle?

NB: Spurs had 2 shots on target with 70% possession. Similar stats to United yesterday. But we didn't hear the end of it.

Lmao you guys are damn funny I swear. You use any loss by pochetinho to create an excuse for Ole. You created a rilvary between Ole and Poch. I still remember when Tottenham were winning on their way to the UCL final, there was no mention of Poch on this thread. All of a sudden, Ajax defeated Spurs in the First leg and y'all came out to drag him. Second leg came, Spurs won and you guys tried to downplay Poch's influence..

This is how you guy's mitigated Ole's winless run last season because Poch was also losing. We all know the result.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 2:06am On Aug 26, 2019
Itsmedozie:

Mr airmark wee you keep quiet
and stop masturbating over my post angry

with all due respect

Ayew pained?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:30am On Aug 26, 2019
ChristoBam:

If you manage Man Utd for two years, we'll land in league one.
undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nihilistjnr: 2:36am On Aug 26, 2019
Leyqute:

It was so obvious and annoying. It’s like everyone else in the team is headless.

Our forwards- Rashy, Martialy, Lingardy, Jamesy hardly score from crosses.

I know rashford is tall, but even Michael Jordan no fit nod this pullout

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:29am On Aug 26, 2019
grin

Thank God I'm in the spirit of elronism.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:31am On Aug 26, 2019
cool

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 4:31am On Aug 26, 2019
Anytime I remember rashford’s freekikcs,I honestly get angry from within. It ruins my mood
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:40am On Aug 26, 2019
TLona1:

Over the years, Man U has bought Pogba, Fred, Lindelof, Lukaku, Martial, Bissaka, Slab Head, Luke Shaw etc yet all we see is boring and unattractive football.
Before Pep came and changed almost all the players, the place was empty abi? City didn't buy any players abi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:07am On Aug 26, 2019
ChristoBam:

You see ehhn, this is the standard that makes us okay with mediocrity. Tottenham lost this weekend, you'll say Pochetinho lost as well and try to turn it to an excuse. Next week if City lose to Brighton, and we lose to Southampton, you'll turn city losing to an excuse. Naso we go continue to do till we dey 8th position by December, far away from big teams like us.

As usual you got it wrong.

Your lord and savior Poch lost a match he should be winning at home with a superior squad but we didn’t hear pim from you. If na Ole now you go dey pour epistles on the thread.

Your hypocrisy is top notch.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:10am On Aug 26, 2019
ChristoBam:

Lmao you guys are damn funny I swear. You use any loss by pochetinho to create an excuse for Ole. You created a rilvary between Ole and Poch. I still remember when Tottenham were winning on their way to the UCL final, there was no mention of Poch on this thread. All of a sudden, Ajax defeated Spurs in the First leg and y'all came out to drag him. Second leg came, Spurs won and you guys tried to downplay Poch's influence..

This is how you guy's mitigated Ole's winless run last season because Poch was also losing. We all know the result.

We know. To you Poch is the best thing since sliced bread.

When Ole went on a winning run and overturned the 2-0 defeat at PSG where were you?

But whenever things go wrong you’ll start your epistles of lamentation

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:14am On Aug 26, 2019
It’s okay to criticize someone but unnecessary bashing your team’s manager so that the club can sack him and sign your favorite manager (who isn’t really an upgrade) is just...unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 7:28am On Aug 26, 2019
eph12:

How do we reconcile these two statements now? On one hand, you are saying one of his main attribute is crossing, on the other hand you are saying crossing from the left is not easy for him. Was this James this good?

I was trying to reply sarcastically to that statement you made that some claimed crossing was one of his main attributes. It was a grammatical error, I should have used quotation marks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:42am On Aug 26, 2019
I want to know that scout that gave report that Bruno loses possession a lot. Fans need to find that scout and beat the hell out of him. angry

Or maybe, just maybe the report is from the stables of Ed? undecided

1 goal and 4 assist in 3 games. Thunder fire Ed, Matt Judge and that scout. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:47am On Aug 26, 2019
larride:
I want to know that scout that gave report that Bruno loses possession a lot. Fans need to find that scout and beat the hell out of him. angry

1 goal and 4 assist in 3 games. Thunder fire Ed, Matt Judge and that scout. angry

Bruno had 3 assists yesterday. The first 2 came under 2 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8CpHIlR5A0&feature=onebox
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:03am On Aug 26, 2019
larride:

His pass accuracy is even 80+ on the average, just 70+ on some few occasions. His number will even be better in a team like united. Is there a conspiracy to keep using Lingard? Someone that was on the pitch for almost one hour and attempted only 17 passes against a team that sat back. This is someone that is supposed to be the connection between the midfield and attack. How can the other two members of the midfield be averaging 50+ passes every match day and he is struggling to maintain 40+. Shame

Finally OGS is to be blamed jare for this nonsense jare
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:06am On Aug 26, 2019
Leyqute:
It’s okay to criticize someone but unnecessary bashing your team’s manager so that the club can sack him and sign your favorite manager (who isn’t really an upgrade) is just...unnecessary.

The only manager still active that I believe can make sense of some of these players is Klopp. Pep will need major investments
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 8:09am On Aug 26, 2019
Sholaani:
The Big Question

What exactly is wrong with Manchester United?
its a phase, it will pass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:10am On Aug 26, 2019
Leyqute:

Bruno had 3 assists yesterday. The first 2 came under 2 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8CpHIlR5A0&feature=onebox

Just look at the run for the second assist and weighted pass for the third assist.

Just imagine and we stuck with Lingard. angry

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:14am On Aug 26, 2019
eph12:

His pass accuracy is even 80+ on the average, just 70+ on some few occasions. His number will even be better in a team like united. Is there a conspiracy to keep using Lingard? Someone that was on the pitch for almost one hour and attempted only 17 passes against a team that sat back. This is someone that is supposed to be the connection between the midfield and attack. How can the other two members of the midfield be averaging 50+ passes every match day and he is struggling to maintain 40+. Shame

Finally OGS is to be blamed jare for this nonsense jare

I don’t even want to think about Lingard pls.

I have been thinking about that possession report (whether it’s a rumor or it’s true) that made them not to bid for him and I just felt like hitting the scout head. I just remembered there’s nothing Ed cannot do, that man has strong PR working for him. I’m sure he was the one that push that useless report to the media to justify not signing him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:16am On Aug 26, 2019
eph12:

The only manager still active that I believe can make sense of some of these players is Klopp. Pep will need major investments

Anyone who think otherwise is just deluded.

That we have spent before and they ended up bad doesn’t mean we will not keep spending till we get it right. It’s the fans that are coughing out most of these money sef, it’s not like the Glazers are bringing money from their pocket to finance the club. angry

I sha don’t want to be hearing Young British talent please. That phrase irks me a lot.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 8:49am On Aug 26, 2019
On today's episode of the curious case of Jessie Lingard, it's shocking how his better qualities have fallen through.

The work-rate he was lauded for. . . . has since gone underground like Chilean Miners, his instinct for movement has vanished like the fårt of a leprous witch, he now possesses the first touch of a pedöphile and less assists than an incarcerated one.

Adam Johnson has more Premier League assists (11) than Jesse Lingard (10) in the last 6 years.

Adam Johnson has been in jail for the last 3 years.

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 8:59am On Aug 26, 2019
KingTom:

Dem don knack us curse say the club no go get sense. But we must break that yoke!!!! angry
The curse stands Doc, it stands. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LMDyaya(m): 9:00am On Aug 26, 2019
Adam Johnson has more Premier League assists (11) than Jesse Lingard (10) in the last 6 years.

Adam Johnson has been in jail for the last 3 years.

This thing can just spoil someones mood this morning....OMG!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 9:00am On Aug 26, 2019
Oasis007:
cool

My man is preparing excuse to leave. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 9:01am On Aug 26, 2019
Sholaani:
The Big Question

What exactly is wrong with Manchester United?
It is annoying even as a fan.

Don’t you think we should loan Pogba and sack Ole?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamharkinwaley: 9:25am On Aug 26, 2019
SkimpleD:

It is a annoying even as a fan

Don’t you think we should loan Pogba and sack Ole?

He be like say Skimple dey troll o sad

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tenmariner: 9:26am On Aug 26, 2019
Leyqute:

It was so obvious and annoying. It’s like everyone else in the team is headless.

Our forwards- Rashy, Martialy, Lingardy, Jamesy hardly score from crosses.
needed
This is where the manager's tactical prowess is much needed. Immediately ur opponent are expecting you to loop the ball to Maguire, u change it right on spot and your opponent is caught napping. Liverpool's goal against arsenal, the defenders targeted VVD. Two defenders were on him, but the ball was looped to Matip.

I feel so scared that for more than 4 years, we have not designed any tactics for corner. Just same kick and follow.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6975) (6976) (6977) (6978) (6979) (6980) (6981) ... (14205) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Trevor012(m), Mrviktor(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.