Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,550 members, 7,847,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:50 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6977) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8827492 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6974) (6975) (6976) (6977) (6978) (6979) (6980) ... (14205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

City players have the quality to be unpredictable, you don't know if it will be a high cross, low cross or no cross at all. We don't have that quality of players here, we can't demand that from them. We are just giving ourselves headache wishing our team plays like that. I think the coach is trying to play short quick passes until a player is put through on goal but the quality of the final passes is still a work in progress
Abeg stop jor! We can't demand our players improve but the players themselves will hold the board to a ransom for increment in their wages.
For the amount Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Pogba, De Gea and Co get paid weekly, they should be delivering Manchester City-level performances week in, week out.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Martial occasionally tries to play as a target man, but there are things that just can't happen, he's better as an Inside Forward (Thanks to FM 11).

They need to train set-pieces and crossing from open play, because it's very poor and that's James style of play.
James should be on the left if the coach wants him to cross always but he plays him on the right.

I hope they can make good use of set pieces. The threats we have in the team when it comes to set pieces are Pogba, Maguire and Smalling. I can't think of any other. Only two out of those three starts. That's too poor
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 10:25pm On Aug 25, 2019
airmark:

God go punish devil before cheesy
Mr airmark wee you keep quiet
and stop masturbating over my post angry

with all due respect
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:25pm On Aug 25, 2019
patrickmuf:
Abeg stop jor! We can't demand our players improve but the players themselves will hold the board to a ransom for increment in their wages.
For the amount Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Pogba, De Gea and Co get paid weekly, they should be delivering Manchester City-level performances week in, week out.
Na headache you wan give yourself. You go tire
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

James should be on the left if the coach wants him to cross always but he plays him on the right.

I hope they can make good use of set pieces. The threats we have in the team when it comes to set pieces are Pogba, Maguire and Smalling. I can't think of any other. Only two out of those three starts. That's too poor
Man City have just 2 also, Otamendi and Laporte but they're a threat from set play and score more than a fair number of teams from set plays.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
Leyqute:

And our players didn’t fight till the end yesterday?

Tottenham were just doing cross and nod. They didn’t even try to break Newcastle down.

About Lampard, we shall wait and see what happens.
LMFAO! From he's a rookie coach to we shall see. Just let the guy start buying, una go hear wein.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:32pm On Aug 25, 2019
patrickmuf:
Man City have just 2 also, Otamendi and Laporte but they're a threat from set play and score more than a fair number of teams from set plays.
Where do you put Aguero, Fernadinho, Walker?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 10:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

I didn't make the statement to you. Answer the one I made to you
What happened to the Pogba Lukaku Maguire LamBissaka you people are breaking the bank to buy? You people would keep crying about Pep buying but you spend more than him. Pep is not the cause of your misfortune abeg, face your team. This season you bought one slab head wey Jimenez dey take wipe floor for 80M, do you know how much you spent on one season Bissaka? How much did Pep spend this season? You're now HistoryFC, the earlier you accept that, the quicker you ease your sorrows grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:41pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

Where do you put Aguero, Fernadinho, Walker?
Those ones profit from the quality of the deliveries and not necessarily their height advantage. Mctominay and Lindelof will win most aerial balls against Aguero, Walker and Fernandinho but the problem is they won't even bother trying most times.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 10:41pm On Aug 25, 2019
Leyqute:
Chic2pimp Udinese waya you small this evening. E kpele o grin

We are kuku in the same boat this weekend so no wahala grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
weedtaker:
Fred Pereira Mata Rashford young and even martial are good to decent crossers of the ball. just be say if you cross who go head am?

you go give rashford chance to cross, baba go want score from there, weda e think say na ps2 e de play i no know.

When was the last time Mata, Rashford, Martial and Fred get an assist via an across? Even Young sef crosses rubbish. Only Perreira can hold his head high in that department and he’s still got some ways to go.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 10:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
Are we still wailing?

The children of Isreal didn't wail this much when they were slaves in Egypt... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2019
GloryIsaac:

He's the only one who's style of play is mainly to cross from the byline, which is why i called him a prime Valencia some days back.

Martial doesn't cross, Same with Rashford who's more about running and cutting in/shooting from range. Even Shaw cuts in, AWB too....

I'm just saying that since run and cross is his preferred style of play, he should improve on it because it's below par.

And it seems Pereira is our best set-piece taker, but he's not in the first team.

Agreed. But then attackers in the box have to make themselves available for the pass. We currently lack that intelligence. Everyone is always rushing to one single spot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:47pm On Aug 25, 2019
BikeMan:
What happened to the Pogba Lukaku Maguire LamBissaka you people are breaking the bank to buy? You people would keep crying about Pep buying but you spend more than him. Pep is not the cause of your misfortune abeg, face your team. This season you bought one slab head wey Jimenez dey take wipe floor for 80M, do you know how much you spent on one season Bissaka? How much did Pep spend this season? You're now HistoryFC, the earlier you accept that, the quicker you ease your sorrows grin
Another epistle again oh God
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:50pm On Aug 25, 2019
weedtaker:
Pereira should be starting ahead of lingard for his set piece ability alone.

Agreed 101%
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TLona1: 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

City players have the quality to be unpredictable, you don't know if it will be a high cross, low cross or no cross at all. We don't have that quality of players here, we can't demand that from them. We are just giving ourselves headache wishing our team plays like that. I think the coach is trying to play short quick passes until a player is put through on goal but the quality of the final passes is still a work in progress

Kudos to their coach.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
patrickmuf:
Those ones profit from the quality of the deliveries and not necessarily their height advantage. Mctominay and Lindelof will win most aerial balls against Aguero, Walker and Fernandinho but the problem is they won't even bother trying most times.
You are not considering if these players can be easily displaced or pushed away during set pieces.

If you're going toe to toe against Aguero and co when contesting for aerial balls, then you have to be at an advantage or stronger. Is it Tom and Lindelof you want to bet on? What you call quality deliveries can be relative, but the attacker ability to stand his ground and not be displaced during the tussle for the ball is key.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 10:55pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

But, James is a right footer. Crossing from the left won't be easy for him.

Playing on the left for right footers is for those that can cut in and shoot at goal very well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:57pm On Aug 25, 2019
TLona1:

Kudos to their coach.
Pep is the best around no doubt, but there's a reason he made a lot of changes. He could have gone to the academy to bring players that he will train to be this good yeah?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
Chrisus:

Playing on the left for right footers is for those that can cut in and shoot at goal very well
Now I'm confused. He plays mainly on the left but he's known for his crossing and uses a right foot?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:02pm On Aug 25, 2019
chic2pimp:

We are kuku in the same boat this weekend so no wahala grin

Football will come home next weekend insha allah grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:04pm On Aug 25, 2019
Chrisus:

Ronaldo, Nani can play from the left and cross accurately with their left foot. Young used to be able to do this before but i haven’t seen him cross with his left foot in a while.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 11:17pm On Aug 25, 2019
Leyqute:

Ronaldo, Nani can play from the left and cross accurately with their left foot. Young used to be able to do this before but i haven’t seen him cross with his left foot in a while.

Well, Ronaldo and Nani(he's still playing) were and are still highly technical players, hence playing and crossing from the left with their weaker left feet doesn't give them as much problem as it'd give less technical players.

As for Young :

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 11:20pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

Now I'm confused. He plays mainly on the left but he's known for his crossing and uses a right foot?

No o. James is known for his speed and not his crossing.

He plays on the left as a right footer because it'll be easier for him to use his speed to drive at goal while carrying the ball on his favoured right foot and probably because he's weak at crossing.

Do you play football? cheesy These things would be easy to understand if you play
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
Chrisus:

Well we shouldn't expect crossing then, especially as that's not the style the coach wants to play
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2019
Chrisus:

He plays on the left as a right footer because it'll be easier for him to use his speed to drive at goal while carrying the ball on his favoured right foot and probably because he's weak at crossing.

Do you play football? cheesy These things would be easy to understand if you play
Some claimed that crossing is one of his main attribute and so we should expect better deliveries from him. You should follow the conversation
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:57pm On Aug 25, 2019
pharod:
Are we still wailing?

The children of Isreal didn't wail this much when they were slaves in Egypt... grin
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 11:57pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

Well we shouldn't expect crossing then, especially as that's not the style the coach wants to play

So far all I've seen from him is run, run and more running.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 11:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
eph12:

Some claimed that crossing is one of his main attribute and so we should expect better deliveries from him. You should follow the conversation

Crossing is one of his main attributes yet majority of his crosses have failed to beat the first man, so far.

Sorry if it seemed I was digressing. Was just trying to explain in a way you'd understand
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 12:13am On Aug 26, 2019
See wailing name grin grin
Una dey try o..

This team should just learn to pass the ball quicker and more vertically with incisive passes between the lines and Martial/Rashford shouldn't be dropping into midfield same time it clogs up that space making it easy for the opponents to defend as nobody is trying to make a run behind.

In the past 2 games, the only times the boys passed the ball with urgency was what brought about the goals and penarities and yes, OGS doesn't have a plan B, atleast for now.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:13am On Aug 26, 2019
Chrisus:

How do we reconcile these two statements now? On one hand, you are saying one of his main attribute is crossing, on the other hand you are saying crossing from the left is not easy for him. Was this James this good?
Chrisus:

Crossing is one of his main attributes yet majority of his crosses have failed to beat the first man, so far.

Sorry if it seemed I was digressing. Was just trying to explain in a way you'd understand
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 12:20am On Aug 26, 2019
^^^ see confusion grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6974) (6975) (6976) (6977) (6978) (6979) (6980) ... (14205) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Trevor012(m), Mrviktor(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.