Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,118 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8790898 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7228) (7229) (7230) (7231) (7232) (7233) (7234) ... (14181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 7:09am On Nov 05, 2019
elampiro:

All these are pure lies. Chelses played one formation that season. I remember very well. We were all talking about it.

Below another match when Chelsea beat United late in the season. That was when Zouma marked Fellani
Do you also remember you once watched a match that was yet to be played? cool

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 9:26am On Nov 05, 2019
patrickmuf:
Martial is not a poor finisher in my opinion. I am certain Rashford and Martial will do well if placed in that City team.
With the way pep play they will be benched or sold. Those guys have potential and they are still yet to unlock it fully. Man U need a quality CM that can hold the ball, spot runs, spread passes and can mark too, they need quality wingers and a number 9 that can actually score. Rashford and martial are substitution players at best for a club like Man U.

Pogba mc and that quality midfielder will be deadly in your midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:58am On Nov 05, 2019
hensben:
With the way pep play they will be benched or sold. Those guys have potential and they are still yet to unlock it fully. Man U need a quality CM that can hold the ball, spot runs, spread passes and can mark too, they need quality wingers and a number 9 that can actually score. Rashford and martial are substitution players at best for a club like Man U.

Pogba mc and that quality midfielder will be deadly in your midfield.
Sterling and Walker are a huge pointer to the fact that Pep can actually coach players to be better. When you watch Manchester City, do you see Walker always trying to use his pace to go past defenders when a simple pass should do? No. At Spurs, Walker was all about pace but at City, he has learnt to play with his head.

Sterling instead of hugging the wings and trying to run at defenders now using that energy to run into space intelligently. That Pep's coaching.

If Pep has Rashford, the first thing he'll do is advise him to play more with his head, all those kick and run will stop instead you'll see a more calculated striker who rather than run all over the pitch let's the ball do the running...

Martial is even easier as he is already very good all the ball. All Pep will do is improve his work rate and movement and then you have a deadly forward. Ole is clueless, I don't see any player improving under him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
Was Sterling different from Martial and Rashford before playing under Pep?

Now he is almost a certain double digit scorer every season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2019
raumdeuter:
Was Sterling different from Martial and Rashford before playing under Pep?

Now he is almost a certain double digit scorer every season

Who were the midfielders playing behind Sterling at Liverpool, supplying him multiple great passes?

Players mature with time, especially when they play regularly among great players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
airmark:
Who were the midfielders playing behind Sterling at Liverpool, supplying him multiple great passes?
Players mature with time, especially when they play regularly among great players.

Pogba Mata are at Man Utd who can do what KdB and Silva are doing

So when is Hidden going to mature?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
raumdeuter:

Pogba Mata are at Man Utd who can do what KdB and Silva are doing

So when is Hidden going to mature?

cheesy cheesy

You are confused
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
Neil Wood is doing a fantastic Job with the U23. Those Lads are playing good football.... More like Professionals than the first Team.

Cc Afrodoc2
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
Ibime:

This is what happens when you give too much data to a baboon. How do your people stomach you on this thread?

Let me help you. You said Fabregas made so many assists cos he was in the hole.

A case of an over-opinionated eediot typing nonsense without watching matches.

Below are all Fabregas assists in EPL that season. Can you count for me how many assists while nominally marked down as an AM compared to CM?

Of 19 assists detailed there, 14 of them came in the pivot. 2nd half of the season when he started nominally playing AM, his assists dried up (like I told you). Instead of learning from witnesses to the fact, you open your baboon lips to form agidi with confidence.

Have you not confirmed now that I was right from the very begining ? I said his CC went up because of set plays and he also used in the AM along with Oscar. But even you a Chelsea fan didnt believe he played in the hole even for one match.

Now we have many of them, even the Everton match is not in your screenshot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
See Slavia Prague playing a very high line, making the pitch compact thereby limiting the space for Barcelona...I'm impressed...

Valverde is a big fool sha he has reduce Barca to a level where even Slavia Prague isn't scared of the Camp Nou.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
patrickmuf:
See Slavia Prague playing a very high line, making the pitch compact thereby limiting the space for Barcelona...I'm impressed...

Valverde is a big fool sha he has reduce Barca to a level where even Slavia Prague isn't scared of the Camp Nou.

It’s a shame. Barca should’ve ripped them apart by now with that high line.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
Even in one of the interviews I read last night, Fabregas said Oscar liked to drop dreep. When they start together, Fagregas said he has plenty of freedom to move into attacking zone because Oscar drops deep.

Argument is lost of man hour. I have to face other things. I believe I have made my point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mhoyorsawreh1(f): 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
I am learning a lot from the analysis so far, thanks a bunch.

Ejoor, kindly add me on the whatsapp group 07067125125
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2019
Leyqute:

It’s a shame. Barca should’ve ripped them apart by now with that high line.
A simple up through should do...Slavia are playing an incredibly high line, a good run and pass to match will break them down...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:58pm On Nov 05, 2019
patrickmuf:
A simple up through should do...Slavia are playing an incredibly high line, a good run and pass to match will break them down...

They are pushing Barca back into their own half. They’re very bold.

Semedo and the other guy should push upwards and Messi should drop deep. One defense splitting pass and it’s over.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
Leyqute:

They are pushing Barca back into their own half. They’re very bold.

Semedo and the other guy should push upwards and Messi should drop deep. One defense splitting pass and it’s over.
Barcelona are trying to force them back at the start of the 2nd half...Interesting game for a neutral...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 8:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
patrickmuf:
Sterling and Walker are a huge pointer to the fact that Pep can actually coach players to be better. When you watch Manchester City, do you see Walker always trying to use his pace to go past defenders when a simple pass should do? No. At Spurs, Walker was all about pace but at City, he has learnt to play with his head.

Sterling instead of hugging the wings and trying to run at defenders now using that energy to run into space intelligently. That Pep's coaching.

If Pep has Rashford, the first thing he'll do is advise him to play more with his head, all those kick and run will stop instead you'll see a more calculated striker who rather than run all over the pitch let's the ball do the running...

Martial is even easier as he is already very good all the ball. All Pep will do is improve his work rate and movement and then you have a deadly forward. Ole is clueless, I don't see any player improving under him.
Pep won't buy Rashford or Martial in the first place. If he believed in potential, he would have kept Sancho and Iheanacho.

People like Mahrez, Gundogan are on the bench, na Rashford Pep go con dey groom
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
patrickmuf:
Barcelona are trying to force them back at the start of the 2nd half...Interesting game for a neutral...

Yup.

Really interesting.

Barca just scored. Ruled out for offside.

It’s only a matter of time before they score though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2019
BikeMan:
Pep won't buy Rashford or Martial in the first place. If he believed in potential, he would have kept Sancho and Iheanacho.

People like Mahrez, Gundogan are on the bench, na Rashford Pep go con dey groom
Pep bought Stones, no?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 8:58pm On Nov 05, 2019
Mhoyorsawreh1:

Larride is the admin. He will add you up. Mention him.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jargooflife912(m): 9:32pm On Nov 05, 2019
Please add me to the WhatsApp group 09075585631 cc Larride
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
Mhoyorsawreh1:

Is there a Whatsapp group now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:08pm On Nov 05, 2019
Oasis007:
Neil Wood is doing a fantastic Job with the U23. Those Lads are playing good football.... More like Professionals than the first Team.

Cc Afrodoc2

This current under 23 side started playing great football at under 18 under our current coach Kieran McKenna.
That was actually the major reason he was promoted to the senior team while Sbragia the former under 23 manager was sacked for his diabolical football.
And this Under 23 are actually playing lower division of under 23 thanks to relegation under Sbragia.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:34pm On Nov 05, 2019
This Ten Hag looks like another Wenger.
Bottlers just like last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:56pm On Nov 05, 2019
chrisley024:

2 red card and a penalty to make it 4-3 and the game ended 4-4 but no he’s a bottler. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
larride:

2 red card and a penalty to make it 4-3 and the game ended 4-4 but no he’s a bottler. undecided
Ya, from 4-1. Was the red and penalty not due to pressure?
At 4-1, you should be in control of the game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:07pm On Nov 05, 2019
chrisley024:
I really don't fancy the guy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:33pm On Nov 05, 2019
chrisley024:

They were in control of the game then an Azpi goal that should have being ruled out for offside was given and minutes later 2 red card and a penalty. There’s so much you can do when these things happen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 11:33pm On Nov 05, 2019
patrickmuf:
Pep bought Stones, no?
You can't compare their quality. Plus Pep was overhauling the defence and Stones was one of the best defenders in the land then. Who can Rashford and Martial bench in the City attack now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 11:38pm On Nov 05, 2019
larride:

They were in control of the game then an Azpi goal that should have being ruled out for offside was given and minutes later 2 red card and a penalty. There’s so much you can do when these things happen.
Which Azpi's goal was offside? You better fear God

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:46pm On Nov 05, 2019
BikeMan:
Which Azpi's goal was offside? You better fear God

You were on your bike then, you didn’t see the goal.

VAR should have ruled it off the same way Promes goal was ruled off in the first leg. No consistency in the usage of this Var.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 11:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
chrisley024:

Too much inconsistency in that game from the referee
Azpi's goal was offside...VAR reviewed it but refused to show viewers the review
2 red cards and 2 penalties?

Without those Ajax would've scored more cos they were obviously the better side

(1) (2) (3) ... (7228) (7229) (7230) (7231) (7232) (7233) (7234) ... (14181) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Trevor012(m), afrodoc2, Jodera and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.