Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,220 members, 7,860,396 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:27 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8859763 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7229) (7230) (7231) (7232) (7233) (7234) (7235) ... (14214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 12:41am On Nov 06, 2019
elampiro:

Is there a Whatsapp group now?
Yes epa.

Larride And leyqute are the admins.

Don’t know why they haven’t added you yet. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 12:41am On Nov 06, 2019
jargooflife912:
Please add me to the WhatsApp group 09075585631 cc Larride
cc Larride
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:25am On Nov 06, 2019
BikeMan:
You can't compare their quality. Plus Pep was overhauling the defence and Stones was one of the best defenders in the land then. Who can Rashford and Martial bench in the City attack now?
Stones was the best defender in which land? Abeg if na play, just stopppppit

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 1:33am On Nov 06, 2019
patrickmuf:
Stones was the best defender in which land? Abeg if na play, just stopppppit
What you quoted says "one of the best in the land THEN" but suddenly you can't read.

Even Mourinho went after him with 40M

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:06am On Nov 06, 2019
chrisley024:
Ya, from 4-1. Was the red and penalty not due to pressure?
At 4-1, you should be in control of the game.

The first half ended 3-1. Ajax extended their lead in the 2nd half. They’d have scored more if not for that referee. His decisions were wrong and harsh on them. 2 red cards, 2 penalties and an offside goal. Only Barcelona bribe refs this much.

He tried to atone for his errors by ruling out Chelsea’s fifth goal and blowing the final whistle before additional time was fully elapsed.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:48am On Nov 06, 2019
Leyqute:

The first half ended 3-1. Ajax extended their lead in the 2nd half. They’d have scored more if not for that referee. His decisions were wrong and harsh on them. 2 red cards, 2 penalties and an offside goal. Only Barcelona bribe refs this much.

He tried to atone for his errors by ruling out Chelsea’s fifth goal and blowing the final whistle before additional time was fully elapsed.

I’m not even sure VAR reviewed that Azpi goal because they didn’t show anything to the viewers. I think the lineman told him it wasn’t off and that was it.

Anyway remember I said that Ten Haag seems to be a purist like Pep, even at 4-4 with 2 red cards they were still trying to play out from the back. I felt like slapping them through the TV last night grin

That Ajax team can’t win UCL though, they are too fragile.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Segedinho(m): 8:16am On Nov 06, 2019
maik99:

Too much inconsistency in that game from the referee
Azpi's goal was offside...VAR reviewed it but refused to show viewers the review
2 red cards and 2 penalties?

Without those Ajax would've scored more cos they were obviously the better side
Were to 2 reds' worth it??

Just a simple question
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:34am On Nov 06, 2019
BikeMan:
What you quoted says "one of the best in the land THEN" but suddenly you can't read.

Even Mourinho went after him with 40M
I do not entertain jokes...John Stones has never been among the best defenders in the league. His only strength is his perceived ability on the ball which in itself is overrated. I once fell for the hype, now I can see, I pray you make it through too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 8:44am On Nov 06, 2019
patrickmuf:
I do not entertain jokes...John Stones has never been among the best defenders in the league. He only strength is his perceived ability on the ball which in itself is overrated. I once fell for the hype, now I can see, I pray you make it through too.
hahaha. Pastor Pato grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:45am On Nov 06, 2019
SkimpleD:

hahaha. Pastor Pato grin
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 8:59am On Nov 06, 2019
larride:

They were in control of the game then an Azpi goal that should have being ruled out for offside was given and minutes later 2 red card and a penalty. There’s so much you can do when these things happen.

grin

You are just pained, Ajax foolishness made them to lose the lead. Those 2 red cards were deserved and the Azpi's goal was legit. Come on, you are lucky you didnt lose that bet as Batshuayi and Tammy played for you. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:23am On Nov 06, 2019
larride:

I’m not even sure VAR reviewed that Azpi goal because they didn’t show anything to the viewers. I think the lineman told him it wasn’t off and that was it.

Anyway remember I said that Ten Haag seems to be a purist like Pep, even at 4-4 with 2 red cards they were still trying to play out from the back. I felt like slapping them through the TV last night grin

That Ajax team can’t win UCL though, they are too fragile.

They’re fragile, agreed; but they’re stronger mentally than last season. Else they’d have conceded a 6th goal with the way Chelsea poured forward. I think they’ll get far though.

Ten Haag is truly a purist but he sets up his team well. Imagine if they’d nicked a fifth goal with that shot in extra time!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2019
I think Gianluca Rocchi should be scrutinized for that performance. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that match was fixed for a draw.

Why do I say that? Well, let's head back to the first half closing moments. Ajax were in a threatening position with a 3 - 1 lead and Mr. Rocchi decides to end the half at 44:50 to prevent Ajax from possibly topping up their advantage fully knowing that a 4 - 1 lead at half time is virtually unassailable.

Heading to the second half, the controversial decisions were made with about 18m left to play which would help level up the score and then the Azpi goal (which was cancelled) should have stood. And what's with the ref being conveniently ignorant of the length of a football game?

I can picture some Italian syndicates with cronies scattered around Sardinia placing small irregular bets on a Chelsea draw at half time with stupendously fantastic odds.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 10:24am On Nov 06, 2019
Leyqute:

They’re fragile, agreed; but they’re stronger mentally than last season. Else they’d have conceded a 6th goal with the way Chelsea poured forward. I think they’ll get far though.

Ten Haag is truly a purist but he sets up his team well. Imagine if they’d nicked a fifth goal with that shot in extra time!

I love the fact Ajax was still trying to win the game with 9 men. I Love watching them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 10:34am On Nov 06, 2019
DeadPresidents:
I think Gianluca Rocchi should be scrutinized for that performance. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that match was fixed for a draw.

Why do I say that? Well, let's head back to the first half closing moments. Ajax were in a threatening position with a 3 - 1 lead and Mr. Rocchi decides to end the half at 44:50 to prevent Ajax from possibly topping up their advantage fully knowing that a 4 - 1 lead at half time is virtually unassailable.

Heading to the second half, the controversial decisions were made with about 18m left to play which would help level up the score and then the Azpi goal (which was cancelled) should have stood. And what's with the ref being conveniently ignorant of the length of a football game?

I can picture some Italian syndicates with cronies scattered around Sardinia placing small irregular bets on a Chelsea draw at half time with stupendously fantastic odds.

Gianluca Rocchi is fucking terrible referee.

He had reffed six games in Seria A this season and they involved 34 Yellows and 2 red cards.

He lost control of the game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:47am On Nov 06, 2019
airmark:

grin

You are just pained, Ajax foolishness made them to lose the lead. Those 2 red cards were deserved and the Azpi's goal was legit. Come on, you are lucky you didnt lose that bet as Batshuayi and Tammy played for you. grin

grin

Of course I was pained but that’s by the way. VAR didn’t show us any angle before concluding it’s a goal. It’s the same way Promes scored against you guys in the first leg but it was reviewed and reviewed by VAR and it was ruled out as offside.

The 2 red cards and penalty was too harsh. Blind red was a definite red but Veltman red was unnecessary. The funniest thing is we didn’t see Var review that’s Veltman red or penalty. The only thing the ref got correct was that’s Azpi goal that was ruled off.

The ref was horrible. EOD
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2019
larride:

grin

Of course I was pained but that’s by the way. VAR didn’t show us any angle before concluding it’s a goal. It’s the same way Promes scored against you guys in the first leg but it was reviewed and reviewed by VAR and it was ruled out as offside.

Why would they show you any angle, when the ref, linesman and VAR were in unison that the goal wasn't offside, unlike in Promes case?

larride:

The 2 red cards and penalty was too harsh. Blind red was a definite red but Veltman red was unnecessary. The funniest thing is we didn’t see Var review that’s Veltman red or penalty. The only thing the ref got correct was that’s Azpi goal that was ruled off.

The ref was horrible. EOD

Nothing harsh, Blind was stupid, he was on 1 yellow card and tackling recklessly. He first shoved Pulisic before catching Abraham's foot with his studs. Nothing harsh there.

Veltman also received his second booking for dissent and he was also foolish for that.

If we want VAR to be reviewing everything, then no need for linesmen for offside and pk incidents.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2019
Pained scummies. If Ajax got two red cards against your team, you would stop the game abi?

Is Blind's foul not a yellow card? Didn't Veltman handle the ball in the box? And I think the ref booked him for arguing

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 12:43pm On Nov 06, 2019
Reece James already got assist and goals but Wan-Bissaka? Different kinds of assorted slide tackles cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2019
airmark:

Why would they show you any angle, when the ref, linesman and VAR were in unison that the goal wasn't offside, unlike in Promes case?

Nothing harsh, Blind was stupid, he was on 1 yellow card and tackling recklessly. He first shoved Pulisic before catching Abraham's foot with his studs. Nothing harsh there.

Veltman also received his second booking for dissent and he was also foolish for that.

If we want VAR to be reviewing everything, then no need for linesmen for offside and pk incidents.

I’m not arguing Blind red, it’s a correct decision. Veltman red was harsh. Yellow card for dissent when you know he was already on a yellow and you just gave them red few seconds earlier is unbelieveable.

It doesn’t matter whether ref n lineman believe it wasn’t off, at least they should have showed different angles like they did with Promes before allowing the goal to stand.

Don’t worry, VAR inconsistency will reach una side soon. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 12:50pm On Nov 06, 2019
patrickmuf:
I do not entertain jokes...John Stones has never been among the best defenders in the league. His only strength is his perceived ability on the ball which in itself is overrated. I once fell for the hype, now I can see, I pray you make it through too.
He can't make it through, he's a vegetable for life

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2019
larride:

I’m not arguing Blind red, it’s a correct decision. Veltman red was harsh. Yellow card for dissent when you know he was already on a yellow and you just gave them red few seconds earlier is unbelieveable.

It doesn’t matter whether ref n lineman believe it wasn’t off, at least they should have showed different angles like they did with Promes before allowing the goal to stand.

If the Shekpites were on the receiving end of most of these decisions they wouldn't be giving these excuses. They are the ones who complained the most about UEFAlona during those years so we know how much they can cry.

The ref was very poor in terms of his cards, application of common sense and even ordinary time management. Most of his poor decisions favored Chelsea but his poor time management in the second half actually favored Ajax. It was a horrendous display by the man marring an exciting game between 2 good teams.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 1:13pm On Nov 06, 2019
larride:

That should have been the reason Veltman was supposed to be cool, and not embark on shouting at the Italian referee. You don't even know what he said before concluding. I hope you never ordered stuff when game was 1-4. grin grin grin

Why showing VAR angles, for something they knew was on-side?. Even Ajax last man knew it.

It's painful for you, i understand.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:25pm On Nov 06, 2019
BikeMan:
Reece James already got assist and goals but Wan-Bissaka? Different kinds of assorted slide tackles cheesy

undecided

So the primary jobs of a FB are scoring Goals and making Assist?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 1:27pm On Nov 06, 2019
Oasis007:

undecided

Reece seems to be ticking the boxes, AWB? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2019
airmark:

Reece seems to be ticking the boxes, AWB? grin

undecided

AWB is doing excellently as a Defender.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:37pm On Nov 06, 2019
afrodoc2:

If the Shekpites were on the receiving end of most of these decisions they wouldn't be giving these excuses. They are the ones who complained the most about UEFAlona during those years so we know how much they can cry.

The ref was very poor in terms of his cards, application of common sense and even ordinary time management. Most of his poor decisions favored Chelsea but his poor time management in the second half actually favored Ajax. It was a horrendous display by the man marring an exciting game between 2 good teams.

The same thing he did in the extra time was the same thing he did in the first half. Blowing the whistle before time elapse.

The ref was just horrible yesterday jare. It happens though, that’s why it’s football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 1:41pm On Nov 06, 2019
airmark:

That should have been the reason Veltman was supposed to be cool, and not embark on shouting at the Italian referee. You don't even know what he said before concluding. I hope you never ordered stuff when game was 1-4. grin grin grin

Why showing VAR angles, for something they knew was on-side?. Even Ajax last man knew it.

It's painful for you, i understand.

grin

I actually bet on them on win either half with Dortmund, Liverpool, Valencia n benfica to score so it was actually a good night bet-wise. cool

I left work late so I couldn’t play Barca, I for don go lament for their thread last night. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 3:07pm On Nov 06, 2019
larride:

grin

I actually bet on them on win either half with Dortmund, Liverpool, Valencia n benfica to score so it was actually a good night bet-wise. cool

I left work late so I couldn’t play Barca, I for don go lament for their thread last night. grin
Believe me there was weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2019
Oasis007:

undecided

No wonder your fellow scummies are lamenting about his zero involvement in the final third na cheesy

And they told you our Reece James can't tackle? How many times do you see people breeze past him. Man now has goal involvement added to the package. Ayiiiiii

Una go blow money and slide tackler, something Uncle Valencia would have done for you at no cost grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2019
larride:

grin

VAR saved your 20k sha. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:51pm On Nov 06, 2019
BikeMan:
If only Reece can borrow hidden some goals and assists

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7229) (7230) (7231) (7232) (7233) (7234) (7235) ... (14214) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: stulp16, VicThory(m), Jamiuokolla and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.