Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,465 members, 7,861,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:13 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8865445 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7480) (7481) (7482) (7483) (7484) (7485) (7486) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

Pep is smart..... So he won't bench POGBA..............

Do u see Michael Carrick, Busquet, Pirlo, Matic,, Fabinho running up and down in midfied like Mc tominay.......
because u wanna be using Stupid counter attack dat can't break down more Dan 12 teams in EPL.....

Pep dat plays Tiki taka will now bench POGBA, d best passer in Man Utd??..... Tink am well next time

Fernadinho is everywhere

Kante, Edgar Davis are midfilders you saw everywhere on the field. Michael Essien, Oliseh,

Players are different.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
eph12:

It keeps getting worse everyday

You've never been a bright person! You should stop trying too hard cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

Pep is smart..... So he won't bench POGBA..............

Do u see Michael Carrick, Busquet, Pirlo, Matic,, Fabinho running up and down in midfied like Mc tominay.......
because u wanna be using Stupid counter attack dat can't break down more Dan 12 teams in EPL.....

Pep dat plays Tiki taka will now bench POGBA, d best passer in Man Utd??..... Tink am well next time

Paul Pogba gives the ball away far too much in dangerous position, he doesn't take care of the ball well, that's not Pep ideal player. I am sorry,he will not get into Pep team.

De Bruyne, their most creative player, works his socks off for the team, he can press, track back and play a pass first time and not dilly-dallying with the ball.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
footiemaniac:
I just hope the board can give us an attacking midfielder like prime Modric, that can drop his shoulder on the half turn and see a pass immediately. Could that be Madison? .

We also need a proper No 9 that is very clinical in front of goal and that can hold up play and bringing in the other attacking players. I like Martial, but he tends to get bullied off the ball by defenders when he is playing with his back to goal, and the ball bounces off him too much in that position.

Martial already does those pretty well.

I'd say we get a striker that is willing to sub Martial for suspensions and injuries. Preferably someone experienced who can step in for a season or two while Mason develops further.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 1:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
elampiro:
For the record, this argument came when some implied Pogna would give 20 goals if played regularly. But stats dont in anyway support that. MrTA7 wants to change the arguement to McTominay and Fred vs Pogna.

I never said those guys will score 20

Ok. I never said anyone would score 20.

First you said our midfielders were doing fine that the attackers were the ones who weren't good enough. You maintained this position for a few weeks that McT and Fred's passes would equal more goals for better strikers like those at Liverpool. But that argument doesn't sem to extend to when Pogba is in the team.

Secondly you in talking about Pogba's contribution you omitted assists and when it was brought up you didn't compare it to Fred and McT who you said were doing better than Pogba but you compared to di Maria, Rooney etc. Just seems very convenient.

You definitely shift arguement and stats to suit your point of view.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 1:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
footiemaniac:

Paul Pogba gives the ball away far too much in dangerous position, he doesn't take care of the ball well, that's not Pep ideal player. I am sorry,he will not get into Pep team.

De Bruyne, their most creative player, works his socks off for the team, he can press, track back and play a pass first time and not dilly-dallying with the ball.

This is a much better line of argument against Pogba. DeBruyne is definitely better than Pogba as his contribution shows. My main issue with Pogba is not his lack of quality but his lack of intensity. When I see DeBruyne play I always wish Pogba could do the same.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 1:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
Leyqute:

I tells ye.

Ekpa diggz is almost sounding like a horrny he-goat.

It’s an eyesore

I'm not surprised you know all about how he-goats feel horrny because you're one yourself! You're the delusional moribund cvnt who've been craving for my attention all day cheesy cheesy

Mr bassey leyqute legbegbe you're a fvcking disgrace! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
footiemaniac:

But he's d No 1 midfield player in France team...(world cup winners)......

Barcelona 2nd leg last season, Everton, and more Dan 5 games last season..... Fred lost d ball dat lead to goals.......

Even bfor signing a Goal keeper,. Pep must be assured u are comfortable with the ball at ur feet.......which POGBA is more Dan comfortable........

Which of Man Utd player can open up defence with through pass like pogba.......

Like it or not..... POGBA is the NO 1 star at Man utd

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:54pm On Jan 12, 2020
The hatred for Pogba in here is getting to another level. I am not happy that he has not been available this season, but I won't let that become a reason for me to say that McTom is better or Pep won't have Pogba in his first eleven.

When Pogba is fit, only De Bruyne can try to beat him in terms of performance in the league. Elampiro, can you include number of chances created in your analysis, check chances created by Pogba last season and two seasons ago. On the 4th of sept 2019, Pogba had created 11 chances in 2 epl games, only De Bruyne created more (at 13).

Find below an interesting picture that tells what Pogba can do. So y'all should stop saying Pogba is lazy, bla bla bla, Pogba bested all man Utd midfielders in everything despite playing in a deeper role. Don't forget that this guy played under Mou, a defensive fuvker, and is playing under OGS, a counter attacker motherfuvker.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:57pm On Jan 12, 2020
elampiro:

Fernadinho is everywhere

Kante, Edgar Davis are midfilders you saw everywhere on the field. Michael Essien, Oliseh,

Players are different.

Busquet and Pirlo is better Dan all dose people u are mentioning,......

Wen u know ur work, u DNT HV to be running up n down the field.

Dats why Maguire has more tackles, Interception and recovery more Dan Van Dirk last season and also dis season........
But Van Dirk makes sure Liverpool defenders operate on keeping Off- side line, staying higher on the field,...thereby increasing dier efficiency and making dier defending more easy and smart......

So it's not by Hard work, it's by Smart work

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
elampiro:

What you spoke about diesn't make sense. Rashford has 9 goals from open play and it is a fact that cannot be disputed. That is a a fact of its own which doesn't affect Pogba
So, you don't see how ridiculous it sound when you want to minus penalties from Pogba's efforts?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by VicThory(m): 2:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
patrickmuf:
Rashford minus penalties in the league is 9 goals.

What of Harry Kane who is a better striker than rashidi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 2:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

But he's d No 1 midfield player in France team...(world cup winners)......

Barcelona 2nd leg last season, Everton, and more Dan 5 games last season..... Fred lost d ball dat lead to goals.......

Even bfor signing a Goal keeper,. Pep must be assured u are comfortable with the ball at ur feet.......which POGBA is more Dan comfortable........

Which of Man Utd player can open up defence with through pass like pogba.......

Like it or not..... POGBA is the NO 1 star at Man utd

Paul Pogba can afford such laxity with France and get away with it because they have a certain Ngolo Kante that can cover every blade of grass. And intelligent players like Mbappe and Griezman .

Fred confidence was rock bottom last season, so you could understand why he was nervous with the ball at his feet, and slow to sort his feet out.

Paul Pogba might be comfortable with the ball, but his he INTELLIGENT with the ball? that is the million dollar question. What of his spatial awareness in midfield? he doesn't read the game enough to be able to control it, he doesn't sense danger, that's why he gets swallowed in midfield when we play against a better opposition.

We need a better team player than Paul Pogba.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I hope I am awake, or am I still sleeping? Pogba is not intelligent, doesn't read the game and has no spatial awareness?? Wow! This sh1t is agenda driven.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 2:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
His Paul Pogba now a defensive midfielder that we now compare him with Busquet, Fernandinho, Carrick , Fabinho and Pirlo? If he his, then we should start comparing his defensive stats with these players and you we see how useless Paul Pogba his.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
patrickmuf:
So, you don't see how ridiculous it sound when you want to minus penalties from Pogba's efforts?

Is this the first time you see penalties being deducted when professional analysts want to assess a player's productivity? You must be new to football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 2:20pm On Jan 12, 2020
I have read so many senseless arguments here, so saying Fred and McTom are better than Pogba wouldn't be surprising

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
nitrogen:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I hope I am awake, or am I still sleeping? Pogba is not intelligent, doesn't read the game and has no spatial awareness?? Wow! This sh1t is agenda driven.

As in ehnnn........

POGBA is not intelligent cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Fred and Mc tominay are intelligent........

I expect Dem to complain abt Pogba's
1. Lack of passion for Man Utd
2. Desire to leave d club
3. His agent.... Raiola

Not his footballing brain.... because he his d best in terms of dat at Man Utd.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

Busquet and Pirlo is better Dan all dose people u are mentioning,......

Wen u know ur work, u DNT HV to be running up n down the field.

Dats why Maguire has more tackles, Interception and recovery more Dan Van Dirk last season and also dis season........
But Van Dirk makes sure Liverpool defenders operate on keeping Off- side line, staying higher on the field,...thereby increasing dier efficiency and making dier defending more easy and smart......

So it's not by Hard work, it's by Smart work

Edgar Davis and Kante are better than Busquet. Davis especially. He is one of the greatest midfielders ever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
izzou:
I have read so many senseless arguments here, so saying Fred and McTom are better than Pogba wouldn't be surprising

Am still in SHOCK ooooo......

POGBA left foot can play better pass Dan both Fred and Mc tominay combined.......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
nitrogen:
The hatred for Pogba in here is getting to another level. I am not happy that he has not been available this season, but I won't let that become a reason for me to say that McTom is better or Pep won't have Pogba in his first eleven.

When Pogba is fit, only De Bruyne can try to beat him in terms of performance in the league. Elampiro, can you include number of chances created in your analysis, check chances created by Pogba last season and two seasons ago. On the 4th of sept 2019, Pogba had created 11 chances in 2 epl games, only De Bruyne created more (at 13).

Find below an interesting picture that tells what Pogba can do. So y'all should stop saying Pogba is lazy, bla bla bla, Pogba bested all man Utd midfielders in everything despite playing in a deeper role. Don't forget that this guy played under Mou, a defensive fuvker, and is playing under OGS, a counter attacker motherfuvker.

How many assists and goals from open play?

Goals before Assists. Assists before chances created in the order of importance.

Those stats were also helped by the high number of games he played. If you reduce your stats to minutes played per stats, he would fall.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 2:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
With Paul Pogba in this team and with a better squad then we have finished 6th twice in space of 3 seasons.

Without him so far, we are sitting pretty nicely in 5th and we could still finish 4th. Pogba output to this team is grossly overrated.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
elampiro:

Edgar Davis and Kante are better than Busquet. Davis especially. He is one of the greatest midfielders ever.

Haaaaaa

Haaaaaaaa

Another one agn ooooo

Edgar Davis and Kante are better Dan Busquet........ Haaaaaaaa

How do u watch football ......

Even Kante can't say he's better Dan Busquet,.... Not to talk of Edgar davies grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

U are very funny ooo

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:28pm On Jan 12, 2020
footiemaniac:
With Paul Pogba in this team and with a better squad then we have finished 6th twice in space of 3 seasons.

Without him so far, we are sitting pretty nicely in 5th and we could still finish 4th. Pogba output to this team is grossly overrated.

It's easy...

Pogba can't play Mourinho and Ole parking of bus / counter attack style...

U didn't finish 2nd in d league with POGBA.

U dint win Europa league with POGBA And he was d competition best player....

Oga keep ur hate towards him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
footiemaniac:

Leave them. They will say I hate Pogba. But I know I have praised him in the past. In his first season I even argued he was the best midfielder in EPL until Kante use am rub ground.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 2:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
footiemaniac:

Paul Pogba gives the ball away far too much in dangerous position, he doesn't take care of the ball well, that's not Pep ideal player. I am sorry,he will not get into Pep team. Pogba gives the ball away in dangerous areas will any 'smart manager' play him in deep positions?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 2:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Paul Pogba Premier league goal stats last season: Scoring 13 Premier league goals with 7 Penalties against(Brighton,Everton,Burnley,Fulham) and 6 Open play goals against (Fulham , Bournemouth and Everton). And this is his best season in Manchester united after spending world record fee, that is not good enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
elampiro:

Leave them. They will say I hate Pogba. But I know I have praised him in the past. In his first season I even argued he was the best midfielder in EPL until Kante use am rub ground.

But in France team, sissoko and Matuidi bench Kante sometimes...... Euro 2016, he was always on the bench......
He shud try and bench POGBA in France team first......

D only thing Kante does better Dan POGBA is marking....... Nothing more on this Earth....... So DNT go dere

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
elampiro:

What's your definition of 'a good midfielder'? Maybe we don't have the same understanding of the roles of midfielders. How did Kante rub Pogba for ground?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

Haaaaaa

Haaaaaaaa

Another one agn ooooo

Edgar Davis and Kante are better Dan Busquet........ Haaaaaaaa

How do u watch football ......

Even Kante can't say he's better Dan Busquet,.... Not to talk of Edgar davies grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

U are very funny ooo

Let Busquet feature in FIFA world cup all star team, then we can begin to talk. Davis featured in 1998 world cup.

Kante keeps beating Busquet in FIFApro XI selections
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 2:35pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

It's easy...

Pogba can't play Mourinho and Ole parking of bus / counter attack style...

U didn't finish 2nd in d league with POGBA.

U dint win Europa league with POGBA And he was d competition best player....

Oga keep ur hate towards him

When we finished 2nd it was under the same Mourhino bus parking team, why didn't he replicate it the next season. NO credit to Mourinho instead it is Pogba that made us finished 2nd. That's hypocrisy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
footiemaniac:
Paul Pogba Premier league goal stats last season: Scoring 13 Premier league goals with 7 Penalties against(Brighton,Everton,Burnley,Fulham) and 6 Open play goals against (Fulham , Bournemouth and Everton). And this is his best season in Manchester united after spending world record fee, that is not good enough.

Mention other midfielders, playing same position with Pogba that scored more than 13 goals and had more than 9 assists last season. Please note that Pogba was a deep lying midfielder for most part of last season. Tell me!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7480) (7481) (7482) (7483) (7484) (7485) (7486) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ellexy and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.