Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,049 members, 7,849,242 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:02 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8833089 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7481) (7482) (7483) (7484) (7485) (7486) (7487) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 2:40pm On Jan 12, 2020
footiemaniac:

When we finished 2nd it was under the same Mourhino bus parking team, why didn't he replicate it the next season. NO credit to Mourinho instead it is Pogba that made us finished 2nd. That's hypocrisy.

But when you credited your finishing sixth twice to Pogba's presence, it wasn't hypocrisy.

Na people wey follow una dey argue I dey laugh grin

footiemaniac:
With Paul Pogba in this team and with a better squad then we have finished 6th twice in space of 3 seasons.

Without him so far, we are sitting pretty nicely in 5th and we could still finish 4th. Pogba output to this team is grossly overrated.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
MRTA7:

Ok. I never said anyone would score 20. .

This was the genesis of the current argument.

MRTA7:

First you said our midfielders were doing fine that the attackers were the ones who weren't good enough. You maintained this position for a few weeks that McT and Fred's passes would equal more goals for better strikers like those at Liverpool. But that argument doesn't sem to extend to when Pogba is in the team.

The arguement did not begin with 'Pogba will score 20 goals for Liverpool strikers'. The hypothesis submitted by two guys here was that Pogba will score 20 goals for United with the current striker. So I had to prove with his previous records that he doesn't have that ability. But you jumped in and changed the argument.

MRTA7:

Secondly you in talking about Pogba's contribution you omitted assists and when it was brought up you didn't compare it to Fred and McT who you said were doing better than Pogba but you compared to di Maria, Rooney etc. Just seems very convenient.

I added Pogba's assists to my comment. Go and check. Secondly, you still missed the genesis of the argument. The argument was not Pogba vs McTominay. It was an argument about Pogba's productivity in the current team. This is the problem, some people don't understand the basis of an argument before jumping in. The question is, with Pogba in the current team, will his contribution make us compete for the title? He has actually been here for about four years and he keeps getting worse from his first season.

MRTA7:

You definitely shift arguement and stats to suit your point of view.

No, you misunderstood the purpose of the stats
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
izzou:

But when you credited your finishing sixth twice to Pogba's presence, it wasn't hypocrisy.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

But in France team, sissoko and Matuidi bench Kante sometimes...... Euro 2016, he was always on the bench......
He shud try and bench POGBA in France team first......

D only thing Kante does better Dan POGBA is marking....... Nothing more on this Earth....... So DNT go dere

In the current Europe nations league, Kante has the highest appearance along side Varane and Pavert who are defenders. These are the only three players who have played all the minutes.

But these are chicken stats. The real deal is that Edgar Davis has featured as world cup best midfielder. Kante consistently beat Busquet in FIFApro XI placing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 2:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
nitrogen:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

A lot of people here need to open canteens that focuses mainly on swallows(eba, amala and Fufu)

Their turning rate is just so high.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 2:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
izzou:

We finished 6th under 2 different coaches, Mourinho and Ole. The common denominator there is Paul Pogba who is supposed to be our messiah. Now that he his not in the team, we are doing pretty well, so it is not so difficult to know where the problem is. Paul Pogba contributions to the success of this team is very minimal.

Even Rashford has more leadership quality than him right now.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
elampiro:

In the current Europe nations league, Kante has the highest appearance along side Varane and Pavert who are defenders. These are the only three players who have played all the minutes.

But these are chicken stats. The real deal is that Edgar Davis has featured as world cup best midfielder. Kante consistently beat Busquet in FIFApro XI placing.

Busquet hv been in dat FIFA 11 more Dan 5 times........ UEFA 11 more Dan 5 times.......

Please don't ever compare dat Davies or Kante to Busquet agn.........

Once agn POGBA is the Number 1 in France Midfied
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

Busquet hv been in dat FIFA 11 more Dan 5 times........ UEFA 11 more Dan 5 times.......

Please don't ever compare dat Davies or Kante to Busquet agn.........

Once agn POGBA is the Number 1 in France Midfied

like being in FIFA XI team C you mean?

Edgar Davis is one of the best midfielders ever. Busquet is a ball boy when Davis is. Kante still greater than Busquet currently.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
elampiro:

like being in FIFA XI team C you mean?

Edgar Davis is one of the best midfielders ever. Busquet is a ball boy when Davis is. Kante still greater than Busquet currently.

Edgar davies dat cudnt help Bolton from relegation??

What do u wanna compare Kante and Busquet with Trophies or statistics......

Ur rilly funny.
Kante can boost of just 2 league titles, Europa league and world cup...... Busquet is more Dan 20 titles and still counting....... Busquet dat turn yaya toure to defender instead of midfieder at Barcelona....

Or u wanna go to Statistics......

Please just stop ur baseless arguments

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 3:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
footiemaniac:

We finished 6th under 2 different coaches, Mourinho and Ole. The common denominator there is Paul Pogba who is supposed to be our messiah. Now that he his not in the team, we are doing pretty well, so it is not so difficult to know where the problem is. Paul Pogba contributions to the success of this team is very minimal.

Absolutely right

Even the Europa league you won in 2017, Pogba contributed nothing to it. A walking pile of shiit.... That's what he is

He's supposed to be the Messiah? I quite agree with that

When Rashford,Lingard,Martial misses goals, Pogba should be blamed. He is supposed to show up mysteriously and fix it. Even those childish blunders from Degea would have been averted if Pogba didn't play. And even if he didn't play, it wouldn't have happened if he wasn't in the stadium

Pogba has cost United a lot. Finishing sixth twice is all his fault. He's supposed to create chances for himself, and still score all by himself. At the same time, he's supposed to defend and take the gloves once in a while from David. Pogba isn't worth it in my opinion

Leadership qualities? Don't go there Abeg.

He doesn't even have any. I'll prefer AWB to captain United than that slowpoke...

I agree with you footie. Pogba is so so overrated.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
footiemaniac:

Lol, it's now leadership, you started from performance to intelligence, now leadership. Keep running around like a headless chicken.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 3:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
izzou:

Absolutely right

Even the Europa league you won in 2017, Pogba contributed nothing to it. A walking pile of shiit.... That's what he is

He's supposed to be the Messiah? I quite agree with that

When Rashford,Lingard,Martial misses goals, Pogba should be blamed. He is supposed to show up mysteriously and fix it. Even those childish blunders from Degea would have been averted if Pogba didn't play. And even if he didn't play, it wouldn't have happened if he wasn't in the stadium

Pogba has cost United a lot. Finishing sixth twice is all his fault. He's supposed to create chances for himself, and still score all by himself. At the same time, he's supposed to defend and take the gloves once in a while from David. Pogba isn't worth it in my opinion

Leadership qualities? Don't go there Abeg.

He doesn't even have any. I'll prefer AWB to captain United than that slowpoke...

I agree with you footie. Pogba is so so overrated.

I understand your response laced with alot of sarcasm. The bottom line is, we can do without Paul Pogba, so he can feck off to Real Madrid or Juventus, he won't be missed. We need dedicated players that are ready to play for the badge , as we go through this transition period. GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 3:20pm On Jan 12, 2020
nitrogen:

Lol, it's now leadership, you started from performance to intelligence, now leadership. Keep running around like a headless chicken.

Nitrogen , why are we always on the other side of every argument? lol. Which day u go ever join my campaign?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
Mc tominay dat was scared of bn unused by England national team,...

He cudnt challenge England low budget midfielders, Barkley, Rice, Henderson, Dier, Mount, Madison, Dele,,... He prefer to play for Scotland...

Let Mc tominay try n go to France national team, he won't smell d Bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
elampiro:

However, goals from open play are the best to rate a player's goal scoring ability. Anyone taking penalties would always have stats in his favour.

This is true and what I have always said about penalties not being a true test of scoring ability

Patrickmuf is Milivojevic a good scorer. Will you advise a team looking for scorer to buy him.

Last season he scored double digits

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
footiemaniac:

He his just a flat track bully that disappears in big games. We still don't know his best position, we don't need such headache at the moment.

The 3-2 win at Etihad where he scored 2 was that a big game?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 3:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
elampiro:

This was the genesis of the current argument.

The arguement did not begin with 'Pogba will score 20 goals for Liverpool strikers'. The hypothesis submitted by two guys here was that Pogba will score 20 goals for United with the current striker. So I had to prove with his previous records that he doesn't have that ability. But you jumped in and changed the argument.

I didn't change the argument. Are you denying you said man utd's midfielders were better than Liverpool's if not due to the poor output of the utd attackers? So why is Pogba not considered in that group of midfielders?

I added Pogba's assists to my comment. Go and check. Secondly, you still missed the genesis of the argument. The argument was not Pogba vs McTominay. It was an argument about Pogba's productivity in the current team. This is the problem, some people don't understand the basis of an argument before jumping in. The question is, with Pogba in the current team, will his contribution make us compete for the title? He has actually been here for about four years and he keeps getting worse from his first season.

If you were talking about the current team you should not have mentioned di maria, Rooney etc.

No, you misunderstood the purpose of the stats

Thats the problem with watching football through the prism of stats. Anyone can use whichever stays suits your point of view which you do a lot. Doesn't make you right though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
footiemaniac:

Nitrogen , why are we always on the other side of every argument? lol. Which day u go ever join my campaign?

Lol, it's not fair Na. We are angry with the guy cos he has not been available for months now. But it doesn't mean that the guy no sabi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eleshin(m): 3:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
raumdeuter:

The 3-2 win at Etihad where he scored 2 was that a big game?

I'm here thinking of a bigger game than World Cup final.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
footiemaniac:

When we finished 2nd it was under the same Mourhino bus parking team, why didn't he replicate it the next season. NO credit to Mourinho instead it is Pogba that made us finished 2nd. That's hypocrisy.
Under Mourinho how did KdB fare?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
The argument is not really making sense since everyone seem to be tilting to positions that would support their points.

I thought the argument was about whether Pogba is creative or not?

Why use scoring goals to berate a guy based on his creativity when we know he can create and same chance can be missed by strikers.

Is Fred and Mctom better than Pogba in creativity or better that him in all round play THIS SEASON mainly because of their availability?

Pogba hasn't played much this season so to start comparing him with Fred and Mctom who have played quite a lot and have improved doesn't make sense at all, and how much has Mctom and Fred created since they have been playing, mostly in front of the back four?

Pogba might be lazy and lackadaisical in his approach but to say he ain't creative enough is quite unfair.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
raumdeuter:

This is true and what I have always said about penalties not being a true test of scoring ability

Patrickmuf is Milivojevic a good scorer. Will you advise a team looking for scorer to buy him.

Last season he scored double digits
Why should you judge a midfielder with goals scored? I brought in Rashford into the argument just so he sees that for all the praises Rashford has been getting, he has 9 goals from open play. When talking about Rashford, he doesn't remember that of the 14 goals, 6 are PKs but in a bid to discredit, Pogba, he is here talking about open play goals when Pogba isn't a striker...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2020
elampiro:

Goals before Assists. Assists before chances created in the order of importance.
how is this logic if you are arguing a player's creativity? lmao

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2020
raumdeuter:

Under Mourinho how did KdB fare?

Thank you .

Let me add Mo Salah, Juan Mata

Let dat POGBA go to Man city, Liverpool or Barcelona....u wud see a different baller

For me both Juventus and Man Utd are defensive minded teams,....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:57pm On Jan 12, 2020
codedguy1:
The argument is not really making sense since everyone seem to be tilting to positions that would support their points.

I thought the argument was about whether Pogba is creative or not?

Why use scoring goals to berate a guy based on his creativity when we know he can create and same chance can be missed by strikers.

Is Fred and Mctom better than Pogba in creativity or better that him in all round play THIS SEASON mainly because of their availability?

Pogba hasn't played much this season so to start comparing him with Fred and Mctom who have played quite a lot and have improved doesn't make sense at all, and how much has Mctom and Fred created since they have been playing, mostly in front of the back four?

Pogba might be lazy and lackadaisical in his approach but to say he ain't creative enough is quite unfair.

Thank you...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:
Mc tominay dat was scared of bn unused by England national team,...

He cudnt challenge England low budget midfielders, Barkley, Rice, Henderson, Dier, Mount, Madison, Dele,,... He prefer to play for Scotland...

Let Mc tominay try n go to France national team, he won't smell d Bench.
dnt go there bro.Mc tominay is improving n getting better every day.we missed him in Arsenal match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pogba has been the one holding the team back. grin grin

Nothing you will not read from this thread .

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
ChristineC:
how is this logic if you are arguing a player's creativity? lmao

grin grin grin

To elampiro the goals are actually the creativity a player should have and not actually creating enabling or assisting another player to score.

Even when a player creates and the chance is missed by the striker it cancels the creativity of the player because it wasn't converted grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
My only annoyance with Pogba is that he loses the ball too frequently and when he's playing close to his defense, it creates problem whenever he loses the ball

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
eph12:
My only annoyance with Pogba is that he loses the ball too frequently and when he's playing close to his defense, it creates problem whenever he loses the ball

My problem with him is that his attitude stinks and he lacks intensity.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
grin

Some Argument na to read, lol and pass.... Wetin Pogba's Eyes no dey see for Carrington.

Fred is now better than Pogba?! LMAO! To some extent I do feel like McTom is overrated by so many Dudes here.

The Dude ain't creative in any sense, but he's giving it all anytime he's on the Pitch - I give that to him.

However, comparing him or rating him ahead of Pogba is probably the first X-rated Gibberish of 2020 on this Thread.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2020
grin

Meanwhile, I'm very convinced that United will END Liverpool unbeaten Runs.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7481) (7482) (7483) (7484) (7485) (7486) (7487) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.