Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8727802 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7516) (7517) (7518) (7519) (7520) (7521) (7522) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2020
nitrogen:
I will continue to say that this team can make too 4, we need a better manager, OGS has nothing to offer, absolutely nothing!
And we'll continue to ask you to remind us how many times this team has made top 4 in the last 5 years under 3 different managers.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
izzou:

You have been shouting Fred Fred Fred

What about your other midfielders. Wetin dey play? Abi na only Fred dey midfield today?

Liverpool's pattern of play may not show the creativity of their midfield, but those guys were awesome. Gini, Henderson and Oxlade played well

My opinion sha. You can keep using stats to console us. No wahala

We played only two CMs and Matic was still one of our better players today.

Remember, my argument was that our midfielders rated higher than Liverpool on individual basis. I put McTomonay as the best in the two teams (excluding Keita who has played too few minutes). Fred still one of the best in the combined midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
BikeMan:
Other Scummies dragging Oasis007 and Chrisus

"But you said we're winning this"

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2020
grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
izzou:

You have been shouting Fred Fred Fred

What about your other midfielders. Wetin dey play? Abi na only Fred dey midfield today?

Liverpool's pattern of play may not show the creativity of their midfield, but those guys were awesome. Gini, Henderson and Oxlade played well

My opinion sha. You can keep using stats to console us. No wahala

Also, without stats, Fred was the best midfielder in the two teams today. He was even playing in an inferior team with two man midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 8:11pm On Jan 19, 2020
elampiro:

We played only two CMs and Matic was still one of our better players today.

Remember, my argument was that our midfielders rated higher than Liverpool on individual basis. I put McTomonay as the best in the two teams (excluding Keita who has played too few minutes). Fred still one of the best in the combined midfield.

Nobody disputed the stats you quoted. I can remember patrickmuf was trying to tell you that their pattern of play limits their creativity but they are better than United midfielders. You refused

Today, TAA will push for attack, get there and lose the ball, but he will still remain there because he knows Henderson is covering for him

You can't watch today's match and choose United midfield over theirs.But you can sha grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spiritualizt: 8:11pm On Jan 19, 2020
Evra: “When Pogba is playing, people blame Paul. When Pogba isn’t playing, people blame Paul. Right now, maybe it will be time for Paul to leave. Whenever there is a big game people still talk about him.” cry cry cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
Let me Digress.

So Allison Becker now has more assist than Our Lord Lingard for the 2019/2020 season grin

But seriously, hw Lingard is still a Man utd player is still a mystery that needs to be researched in a University

We needed attacking options today but Ole couldn't even muster the courage to bring him in and even preferred to bring in a defender to play as a winger than him, just to show you how useless he is.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2020
elampiro:

Also, without stats, Fred was the best midfielder in the two teams today. He was even playing in an inferior team with two man midfield.

With stats? Yes

But my midfielder for tonight was Wijnaldum
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:24pm On Jan 19, 2020
izzou:

Nobody disputed the stats you quoted. I can remember patrickmuf was trying to tell you that their pattern of play limits their creativity but they are better than United midfielders. You refused

They are simply not creative. No coach would have given Xavi or Lampard defensive duties. Our midfield is better. Push Fred and McTominay to play behind Mane, Salah, Ferminho and protected by the Liverpool defence and you would see real midfield.

izzou:

Today, TAA will push for attack, get there and lose the ball, but he will still remain there because he knows Henderson is covering for him

That is because they play three in the middle.

izzou:

You can't watch today's match and choose United midfield over theirs.But you can sha grin[/color]

You are only trying to justify your stance only because Liverpool won. If we converted our chances, you will not be praising Hendenson and co for being backmen. They were lucky we didnt have Rashford
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
This is not about stats, everyone saw what Fred played.

This is same Izzou who was trying to put the blame of our defeat on midfield. The blame was defence and formation. Our central midfielders can be exonerated for today's loss because our forward players missed chances. We had the first opportunity to create a big chance and score. We had more chances to equalize.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
elampiro:

They are simply not creative. No coach would have given Xavi or Lampard defensive duties. Our midfield is better. Push Fred and McTominay to play behind Mane, Salah, Ferminho and protected by the Liverpool defence and you would see real midfield.

That is because they play three in the middle.

You are only trying to justify your stance only because Liverpool won. If we converted our chances, you will not be praising Hendenson and co for being backmen. They were lucky we didnt have Rashford
Converted which chances? Did you see how chances Liverpool missed? If they too had converted their chances, it'd have been an embarrassing scoreline.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
footiemaniac:
IN OLE I TRUST. It is a rebuilding process, we will come through this. Bring on Burnley

I endorse this statement grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2020
patrickmuf:
Converted which chances? Did you see how chances Liverpool missed? If they too had converted their chances, it'd have been an embarrassing scoreline.

You mean those offisides and foul on DDG?

The chances missed by Perreira and Martial were the clearest chances in the match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
elampiro:

The chances missed by Perreira and Martial were the clearest chances in the match
The ones Salah missed, the one De Gea saved is not clear cut abi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 8:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
Fred balled today abeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
elampiro:

Mane, Salah?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:43pm On Jan 19, 2020
patrickmuf:
What about mane.
I don't know why people still belittle Liverpool's midfield. Non of our midfielder is better than Gigi. No be say.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:43pm On Jan 19, 2020
patrickmuf:

It was a normal ball to save jor. DDG suppose to even save the first goal. I am sure Romero would have punched the ball over the bar.

But we missed what is called a big chance and then an empty net.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
Lana1:
And we'll continue to ask you to remind us how many times this team has made top 4 in the last 5 years under 3 different managers.

Under Mou, we came second, also, under Van Gaal, fourth. Twice in the last five years, never mind that Mou has really declined. Meanwhile, the team that was second to City 2 years ago, how many are still around? Your messiah sold the good players and gave us 'white Ahmed Musa' to come and be helping with his stwpid counter-attacking style.

Anyway, what I know is this, we will make top 4 with this depleted side........we could have beaten Liverpool today if your white Onigbinde had not chosen to be conservative in the first half.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
obainojazz:
Fred balled today abeg
We don hear.

No mean say we go dey cap shite.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
elampiro:

It was a normal ball to save jor. DDG suppose to even save the first goal. I am sure Romero would have punched the ball over the bar.

You're just impossible.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZUgUihx39I

Omo ko ma....give it to scummies now cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 8:48pm On Jan 19, 2020
elampiro:
This is not about stats, everyone saw what Fred played.

This is same Izzou who was trying to put the blame of our defeat on midfield. The blame was defence and formation. Our central midfielders can be exonerated for today's loss because our forward players missed chances. We had the first opportunity to create a big chance and score. We had more chances to equalize.

I agree with you. I thought that our midfield did very well today, particularly in the second half, when your white Onigbinde stepped up his taktic. I dont know why OGS is useless!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LMDyaya(m): 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2020
Ole in! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ManBeast: 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2020
50 million doing stretch. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2020
There was a time Greenwood and AWB were free with acres of space on the right wing and the ball was on our left flank. It took Fred, Matic and i believe it was Maguire about 20 touches and 5 passes to get it to the right side, and of course by that time the space had been closed down.

Anybody hoping for Top 4 is building castles in the air.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:51pm On Jan 19, 2020
elampiro:

Lol. Romero told you so grin

No need for all these if statements. grin
We lost to the best team in EPL with those clueless players in attack called Perreira and James
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spiritualizt: 8:52pm On Jan 19, 2020
Alisson now has more assists than that break dancer in this season's Premier League. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
afrodoc2:
There was a time Greenwood and AWB were free with acres of space on the right wing and the ball was on our left flank. It took Fred, Matic and i believe it was Maguire about 20 touches and 5 passes to get it to the right side, and of course by that time the space had been closed down.

Anybody hoping for Top 4 is building castles in the air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHda6a_m1Cg

Enjoy grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 8:58pm On Jan 19, 2020
Lana1:
James wey dey mark Pereira for Liverpool's box. Lol. That boy suppose dey bench

Haha........I feel for the poor boy, OGS bought him cos of his speed and pace. Unfortunately, football is way beyond speed and pace, you need power and sense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7516) (7517) (7518) (7519) (7520) (7521) (7522) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Uniquisite, stephennel(m), MRTA7, adebayo201, Englishisamust and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.