Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8796091 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7554) (7555) (7556) (7557) (7558) (7559) (7560) ... (14183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:47am On Jan 30, 2020
footiemaniac:
Not just 3 good games bro, he has deputize well for the injured midfielders. Give credit where it is due.

And once he gets the contract extension he’ll go back to being shiite.

You have no idea how these guys strategize.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:55am On Jan 30, 2020
chrisley024:
I think he should start scoring in the training 1st. He has been good so far but not with set pieces.
What if he's been scoring free kick in training?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:03am On Jan 30, 2020
A midfield 3 of Fred, Bruno, Pogba, Tom and Matic should be very solid enough to dominate a lot of teams and contribute to the goals. It's left for the coach to make it work. Not too confident there but we'll see how it goes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:03am On Jan 30, 2020
Leyqute:

Shey na here we go gather dey.

One thing I like about my friend footiemaniac is that you won’t see him online whenever the team is in crisis. Just win one match and he will show his face. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 30, 2020
elampiro:

Mata missed from same position like two matches ago

It's not from the same position. The free kick Mata missed was a lot closer to the box and will always be difficult to execute.

The one Fred hit against the wall was from a very sweet spot. I also think Mata would have done better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:47am On Jan 30, 2020
grin

It's not PK, but FK ffs! Even it's not guaranteed to score PKs these Days - as far as United Players are concerned. At times I do take off my Eyes, only listening, to avoid feeding both Organs - Bitterness simultaneously.

When was the last time Mata scored from set piece?! Someone even suggested Perreirinho?! LMAO!

Perhaps he's practicing it at the Training, and has been consistently hitting the Net?! Let's cut him some slack pls! He's improving, he's gaining back his Confidence, maybe he's gonna be a beast at set pieces taking soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:08am On Jan 30, 2020
ChristineC:
someone was making similar contribution on USA Soccer some days back. it's like the board is trying to shed that desperation tag which agents have fed off on recently. they have my support if that really is the case, it will cost them a few players but it will ultimately give us better footings in future negotiations and eliminate laxity amongst players.

detail say Bruno will earn £70,000 a week. if that's true then the negotiating team probably struck a hard bargain, however we can't have Lingard and Jones earning higher wages from the bench. that will be ludicrous. a wage bill restructure perhaps, starting from terminating Alexis Sanchez.

As for Lingard and Jones, wages depends on mostly how much a club desires to keep a player visavis other clubs transfer package for that player. I believe these guys were needed by some EPL teams in the past which made United fix a higher wage bill.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:09am On Jan 30, 2020
chrisley024:
Doesn't mean, Mata has higher probability of scoring than him.

Correct
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:11am On Jan 30, 2020
timay:

So?

Going by your Logic, it's just like saying that the fact that Messi missed two previous set piece from similar spot, then he shouldn't take the next one that comes after it, and meanwhile he is still the best person with the highest probability to score from such position. Mata has scored from there time and time again , and he's probably in the top 3 best free kick taker from such positions in the EPL. So I don't know why Ole didn't intervene and make Mata take the freekick instead of a rookie freekick taker

True

But we don't know what has been happening in training. I was also surprised Fred took it. Why I replied is that he said Mata would have scored. Like he was 100% certain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:14am On Jan 30, 2020
rationalmind:

It's not from the same position. The free kick Mata missed was a lot closer to the box and will always be difficult to execute.

The one Fred hit against the wall was from a very sweet spot. I also think Mata would have done better.

The closer to the box the better for Mata.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:39am On Jan 30, 2020
eph12:

Well, that's possible. But from I've seen he play on the pitch, either the ball doesn't go pass the 1st man or it goes to the fans, he should keep practicing and allow Mata or Rashford to take them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 9:40am On Jan 30, 2020
chrisley024:
Well, that's possible. But from I've seen he play on the pitch, either the ball doesn't go pass the 1st man or it goes to the fans, he should keep practicing and allow Mata or Rashford to take them.

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:01am On Jan 30, 2020

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:06am On Jan 30, 2020
Expert17:

Rite now Romero is a better option to De Gea,....

As a goal keeper, 2 tins are very important Confidence and Command,.... De Gea lacks both......
If De Gea plays against Man city on Wednesday, we will surely conceed from 85% percent of shot on goal....
Dean Henderson should be the future keeper....( From next season).

This aged well.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:10am On Jan 30, 2020
larride:

One thing I like about my friend footiemaniac is that you won’t see him online whenever the team is in crisis. Just win one match and he will show his face. cheesy

He’s an optimist grin

Else he’d have seen Nemanja for the bag of beans that he is.

I think there should be terms in these contracts basing players’ pays on appearances and performances.

That way Shaw will sit up cos he knows he won’t get paid if he’s shi.t. Same with others who disappear from time to time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 10:12am On Jan 30, 2020
Leyqute:

In football, once you are given a chance to reinvent or prove yourself, you have to take it. Matic has surely taken his chances very well despite his age. Unlike Lingard, Perreira, Jones who has been given several opportunities to fight for their future and they have been piss poor in my opinion, you don't see me clamoring for contract review for these ones.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:15am On Jan 30, 2020
chrisley024:
You're doing the same thing that happened early this season when Pogba lost a penalty. Everyone was shouting that he should have left it for Rashy. The very next game, Rashy lost his own penalty
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:18am On Jan 30, 2020
Leyqute:

This aged well.

yhh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:19am On Jan 30, 2020
eph12:

I just watched the post match interview,when ogs was asked about the freekick,he said mata is the best taker but in training yesterday Fred scored like 7 times. Even mata suggested that Fred should take it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 10:21am On Jan 30, 2020
larride:

I have posted a few times after we lost a game. But, the band boys/rival fans makes it very hard to have a decent conversation after any defeat. Also, the overriding emotion of loosing a football match is so difficult for some people to take, all you hear is OLE out and that is tiring for me, instead of analyzing the actual game of football.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:26am On Jan 30, 2020
dubylhover:

I just watched the post match interview,when ogs was asked about the freekick,he said mata is the best taker but in training yesterday Fred scored like 7 times. Even mata suggested that Fred should take it
Scored like 7 times? This OGS can lie o shocked shocked
All in a bid to protect Fred
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:39am On Jan 30, 2020
dubylhover:

This is what I was saying earlier. As if I knew.

We don't know what is happening in training. Also, Mata's free-kicks are becoming weak but he still has the accuracy. The Fred's kick was travelling fast that had it gone above the wall, the keeper would not be any where near it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:48am On Jan 30, 2020
Been watching Bruno's highlight on YouTube. He'll need a lot of movement from his teammates. I hope they don't let him down especially the full backs and strikers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:11am On Jan 30, 2020
eph12:

Scored like 7 times? This OGS can lie o shocked shocked
All in a bid to protect Fred

Lmao..do you know many times they practice..lol grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by donstan18: 11:11am On Jan 30, 2020
eph12:
Been watching Bruno's highlight on YouTube. He'll need a lot of movement from his teammates. I hope they don't let him down especially the full backs and strikers
The same way I watched Bakayoko's highlights then and was fvckin happy. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:19am On Jan 30, 2020
footiemaniac:
In football, once you are given a chance to reinvent or prove yourself, you have to take it. Matic has surely taken his chances very well despite his age. Unlike Lingard, Perreira, Jones who has been given several opportunities to fight for their future and they have been piss poor in my opinion, you don't see me clamoring for contract review for these ones.

Sanchez was a 'god' at Arsenal. Once he secured the bag at Man Utd, he turned to rubbish.

Shaw looked like a fantastic talent- until he got that salary bump.

Once their contract is about to expire and they don't have many options, it's not uncommon for players to start putting in a good shift so as to get a good contract at their current place or elsewhere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:28am On Jan 30, 2020
Leyqute:

Sanchez was a 'god' at Arsenal. Once he secured the bag at Man Utd, he turned to rubbish.

Once their contract is about to expire and they don't have many options, it's not uncommon for players to start putting in a good shift so as to get a good contract at their current place or elsewhere.

Sanchez game already dropped at Arsenal. He lost some pace too which mainly affected his swift attacking play.

It looks like some forward players start losing pace at 28.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:44am On Jan 30, 2020
Leyqute:

Sanchez had turned to otu in his last 6-12 months in Arsenal. My friend who is an Arsenal fan used to complain about his diminishing pace and touch as well as his inability to combine well with team mates.

Shaw does not have the discipline or drive needed to be a great success as a footballer. It has little or nothing to do with his salary bump.
It's just that the things he could get away with as a teenager (in terms of poor diet and lack of exercise) he can't get away with now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:55am On Jan 30, 2020
afrodoc2:

Sanchez had turned to otu in his last 6-12 months in Arsenal. My friend who is an Arsenal fan used to complain about his diminishing pace and touch as well as his inability to combine well with team mates.

Shaw does not have the discipline or drive needed to be a great success as a footballer. It has little or nothing to do with his salary bump.
It's just that the things he could get away with as a teenager (in terms of poor diet and lack of exercise) he can't get away with now.

Shaw did put in some decent performances before he got his contract renewed. And this wasn’t when he was a youth footballer.

Doesn’t negate the fact that his drive to succeed is low. The problem with Shaw is that he can’t maintain good performances. His return from a timeout can be fantastic but he eventually loses it all in subsequent matches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
Leyqute:

Shaw did put in some decent performances before he got his contract renewed. And this wasn’t when he was a youth footballer.

Doesn’t negate the fact that his drive to succeed is low. The problem with Shaw is that he can’t maintain good performances. His return from a timeout can be fantastic but he eventually loses it all in subsequent matches.

We are saying the same thing. He lacks the drive or discipline needed.
His body type means he can’t get away with what a Giggs or Vardy will get away with. He needs a C.Ronaldo like level of discipline just to maintain decent fitness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:45pm On Jan 30, 2020
dubylhover:

Lmao..do you know many times they practice..lol grin
Abi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2020
footiemaniac:

I have posted a few times after we lost a game. But, the band boys/rival fans makes it very hard to have a decent conversation after any defeat. Also, the overriding emotion of loosing a football match is so difficult for some people to take, all you hear is OLE out and that is tiring for me, instead of analyzing the actual game of football.

Leave those band boys, we will always reciprocate on their threads.

Remember the discussion we had beginning of the season when I said the squad is worse than it was when compared to the one that started the 18/19 season. Do you still disagree?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7554) (7555) (7556) (7557) (7558) (7559) (7560) ... (14183) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Wealth1105 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.