Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,808 members, 7,844,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7817) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8817537 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7814) (7815) (7816) (7817) (7818) (7819) (7820) ... (14201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:05am On Jun 11, 2020
ChristineC:
many fans were swayed by opposition and media trolling because of his price tag, I wasn't one of them. that's not to say he game is flawless, yet he's been better than most and the facts don't agree with you still.
Swayed by opposition and media? We watch these matches with our eyes na. The goals and assists are what he's about. He's not the Kroos, Scholes kind of player to play in the center and keep the ball moving as swift as possible. He's better as the attacking midfielder. He should be having two other hard working midfielders behind him. Maybe he's changed but if not, the third midfielder, who ever it is, will have to put in much extra shift. There's more to a CM than goals and assists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 11, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Give us clue na cool cool

Silent observer. Just felt like deactivating
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:24am On Jun 11, 2020
adebayo201:
IMO, I won't start the better players at once. You can surprises on the bench to twerk the match at about 65 to 70 mins to give your opponents something to get confused on.

I won't like seeing Bruno and Pogba start yet. Occasionally, Pogba can come in for the second half just to replace Fred. Having better options on the bench too can give you how to dictate play at any time.

I'm happy that the squad if fit and I hope this will be till the season ends.
On the bench, we'd have Ighalo, Greenwood, James/McSause depending on Ole's selection. That's enough fire power.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 11, 2020
patrickmuf:
On the bench, we'd have Ighalo, Greenwood, James/McSause depending on Ole's selection. That's enough fire power.
This so called firepower won't strlke fear in the hearts of the opponents imo... we can do better
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 10:35am On Jun 11, 2020
numberonecytyzen:

Silent observer. Just felt like deactivating
Okay undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 11, 2020
Double header friendly against Westbrom tomorrow by 1pm and 3pm respectively. Let's see how it goes, meanwhile just 8 more days to our match against Spurs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:46am On Jun 11, 2020
handelex:
This so called firepower won't strlke fear in the hearts of the opponents imo... we can do better
Abeg who would rather have on the bench for the remainder of the season? Will you bench Martial and Rashford just so you can talk about fire power on the bench?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:49am On Jun 11, 2020
The whole argument here is totally unnecessary. If we had a very good option for our RW, I'd join the argument but for now, James hasn't done enough to hold a starting spot for the remainder of the season thus our best bet going forward is a diamond midfield that will have Fred, McTonimay, Pogba and Bruno all starting together and against the small teams, we can drop either of Fred or McSauce for Greenwood.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:49am On Jun 11, 2020
patrickmuf:
Abeg who would rather have on the bench for the remainder of the season? Will you bench Martial and Rashford just so you can talk about fire power on the bench?

LOL. That is a very good question.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:51am On Jun 11, 2020
We need Thomas Partey

45M release clause.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 11, 2020
patrickmuf:
Lol, what I meant was that with time we can increase the overall quality of the squad so that our bench won't be a whole level down from the first eleven if we really want to compete at the highest level. Take nothing away from ighalo and co, I absolutely love them and what they are bringing to the team right now but we can do better maybe not immediately but in the nearest future.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:06am On Jun 11, 2020
Expert17:
We need Thomas Partey

45M release clause.

Nah. Woodward prefers to make risky moves that might end up wasting money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2020
Expert17:
We need Thomas Partey

45M release clause.
I really don't know why we are not after this guy.. maybe cos of Scot, Garner, Levitt.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:12am On Jun 11, 2020
eph12:

Swayed by opposition and media? We watch these matches with our eyes na. The goals and assists are what he's about. He's not the Kroos, Scholes kind of player to play in the center and keep the ball moving as swift as possible. He's better as the attacking midfielder. He should be having two other hard working midfielders behind him. Maybe he's changed but if not, the third midfielder, who ever it is, will have to put in much extra shift. There's more to a CM than goals and assists.
if I'm reading your texts clearly enough, the point you are trying to make is Pogba should be doing everything. is that it?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:15am On Jun 11, 2020
handelex:
Lol, what I meant was that with time we can increase the overall quality of the squad so that our bench won't be a whole level down from the first eleven if we really want to compete at the highest level. Take nothing away from ighalo and co, I absolutely love them and what they are bringing to the team right now but we can do better maybe not immediately but in the nearest future.
your bench must be a level down from your first eleven either by ability or form. that's why it's a bench in the first place. no team even has a first 11 of world class players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:26am On Jun 11, 2020
ChristineC:
if I'm reading your texts clearly enough, the point you are trying to make is Pogba should be doing everything. is that it?
No
Pogba has played in various capacities in the midfield. He did well in some, while frustrating in others
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 11, 2020
ChristineC:
your bench must be a level down from your first eleven either by ability or form. that's why it's a bench in the first place. no team even has a first 11 of world class players.
Very well then,maybe our club can be the first to have such a team, what do you think or is it not possible?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:43am On Jun 11, 2020
handelex:
Very well then,maybe our club can be the first to have such a team, what do you think or is it not possible?

Is your name Joseph?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 11, 2020
odizeey:

Is your name Joseph?
You never know
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:53am On Jun 11, 2020
handelex:
Then you should have at least read the post I replied to before responding. Going forward I agree we need to improve a couple of positions (RW, DM, RCB? and to a lesser extent, LB depending on how Williams improves)

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
patrickmuf:
Then you should have at least read the post I replied to before responding. Going forward I agree we need to improve a couple of positions (RW, DM, RCB? and to a lesser extent, LB depending on how Williams improves)
An oversight from me... glad we are on the same page.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
afrodoc2:

Stupid Ed woodward,

The guy is ready to leave Ath.madrid.

Arsenal might sign him soon
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
handelex:
I really don't know why we are not after this guy.. maybe cos of Scot, Garner, Levitt.

Maybe.

Partey can play different positions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2020
Expert17:

Stupid Ed woodward,

Arsenal? Those ones are even worse just Gbenga pray Jose or Pep does not look his way to replace Fernandinho...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:28pm On Jun 11, 2020
patrickmuf:
Arsenal? Those ones are even worse just Gbenga pray Jose or Pep does not look his way to replace Fernandinho...

Arsenal will start the bidding process with 10M... cheesy cheesy

Guardiola signing Partey, big problem......... imagine Bernando Silva, Partey and De bruyne playing together.

I have seen Partey playing as CB,CM,RB and winger
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
handelex:

None of these guys are natural DMs(Except Garner maybe)

We should be all over Partey really... It’s a no-brainer

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2020
Expert17:

Arsenal will start the bidding process with 10M... cheesy cheesy

Guardiola signing Partey, big problem......... imagine Bernando Silva, Partey and De bruyne playing together.

I have seen Partey playing as CB,CM,RB and winger

They have Rodri
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
Eric Castagnino (Corentin Tolisso’s agent): "I'm not talking to Manchester United . Corentin is currently injured and his return to the pitch is currently a top priority."

- Sky Germany

Thank God for this..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 1:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
afrodoc2:

Naaa!! Ole chooses the players he wants. Then Ed negotiates for the acquisition of the player[s]. I thought this has been flogged off already.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 1:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
Expert17:

Stupid Ed woodward,

Fabrizio Romano reported recently that Partey is signing a new contract with Athletico Madrid. So where's the Arsenal link?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
Dele Alli misses one match (against) Manchester United after getting one match ban and £50k fine for mocking COVID-19 in Feb. Has to go on an education course.

- Simone Stone (BBC)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2020
Chrisus:

They have Rodri

Rodri and who??

They might need another DM, and Partey is not restricted to just DM

(1) (2) (3) ... (7814) (7815) (7816) (7817) (7818) (7819) (7820) ... (14201) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.