Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,224 members, 7,867,585 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:01 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8884936 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7830) (7831) (7832) (7833) (7834) (7835) (7836) ... (14220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
raumdeuter:

Why are you suddenly sounding like a Republican capitalist?

I'm a fiscal conservative and a social liberal, hence I'm centrist.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2020
MRTA7:

You mean his experience of the system he was raised in.
a woman was provoked into throwing down stuff from the racks because she was denied using voucher for Benson. like ibime said, many parents will rather spend on "merriment" than their children's welfare. it's a waste of tax payers money if we put aside the 'human' sentiment.

not everyone raised in Nigeria know a practical solution to the power issue.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 6:40pm On Jun 17, 2020
MRTA7:

You mean his experience of the system he was raised in.

Food security is not a problem in the West and I don't see why it needs Govt financial intervention rather than education on healthy eating.

It makes assumption that the kids parents can't afford healthy food, meanwhile people who are not informed and eat poorly will still use the money to buy crisps and chocolate. Some poor people eat very healthy and some rich people eat very unhealthy. For £2, one can buy a months supply of vitamins that will cover all daily recommended vitamin intake for a month for example. Anybody that says they are going hungry, their parents must be gamblers or drug addicts and should be in care system.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 7:19pm On Jun 17, 2020
Ibime:

Food security is not a problem in the West and I don't see why it needs Govt financial intervention rather than education on healthy eating.

It makes assumption that the kids parents can't afford healthy food, meanwhile people who are not informed and eat poorly will still use the money to buy crisps and chocolate. Some poor people eat very healthy and some rich people eat very unhealthy. For £2, one can buy a months supply of vitamins that will cover all daily recommended vitamin intake for a month for example. Anybody that says they are going hungry, their parents must be gamblers or drug addicts and should be in care system.

That's a different conversation that should be in a separate thread and I don't really have the time or energy for. My point is that Rashford was raised in that environment of food insecurity where he had to go to bed hungry or dependent on friends for certain meals. So this campaign was born of his experience.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:23pm On Jun 17, 2020
And we are saying that this Henderson is not ready?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 7:30pm On Jun 17, 2020
MRTA7:

That's a different conversation that should be in a separate thread and I don't really have the time or energy for. My point is that Rashford was raised in that environment of food insecurity where he had to go to bed hungry or dependent on friends for certain meals. So this campaign was born of his experience.

In which country did he go hungry, in a country where you can buy 8 sausage rolls for £1 that would feed like 4 people. Maybe he meant that his mum didn't always have home cooked meals on the table. Understandable since she was a single mum holding a full time job with 5 kids. I can drive to Wythenshawe town centre in 10 minutes (where Rashford grew up and where claimants for free school meals are twice the National average) and I assure you the level of obesity in that town centre is also twice the National average, and the number of smokers in that town centre is also twice the average. I do most of my weekly shopping there, so I know.

The point of free school meals was to combat obesity as children from poorer backgrounds are more often obese due to eating junk. This is an education issue not the false hunger story Rashidi is selling. It is not Government job to mollycoddle children away from obesity in their summer holidays. Rashford mum should sue for defamation that this fresh boy is claiming he went hungry. Nonsense and ingredients.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:31pm On Jun 17, 2020
CapitalCee:
And we are saying that this Henderson is not ready?
Nobody said he isn't ready, the big problem now is what do we do with De Gea?

Personally, I think we should loan Henderson to Sheffield for one more season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2020
patrickmuf:
Nobody said he isn't ready, the big problem now is what do we do with De Gea?

Personally, I think we should loan Henderson to Sheffield for one more season.

How many years does Henderson got on his contact? Let's not continue loaning him until he is out of contract
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 7:46pm On Jun 17, 2020
CapitalCee:

How many years does Henderson got on his contact? Let's not continue loaning him until he is out of contract

i think his contract was renewed in the beginning of the season before he was loaned back to Sheffield
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:52pm On Jun 17, 2020
timay:

i think his contract was renewed in the beginning of the season before he was loaned back to Sheffield

Ok thanks bro. He should be readied for a starting place very soon, the boy is good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
Dean Henderson records his 11th clean sheet of the Premier League season, putting him joint-first in the race for the Golden Glove.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 8:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
At least the atmosphere at the Etihad is the same as it always has been

grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:32pm On Jun 17, 2020
FOOTBALL IS BACK grin grin

Take me home, United Road,

To the place I belong,

To Old Trafford,

To see United,

Take me home, United Road.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
Arsenal signed David Luiz ahead of Gary Cahill

Nicolas Pepe ahead of Zaha

I can't still believe it

Stupid club

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 9:23pm On Jun 17, 2020
grin

Before Luiz entered, the commentator mentioned that the last time he was on the pitch at Etihad, was when Chelsea collected 6-0 last February.

David Luiz has continued from where he stopped.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:26pm On Jun 17, 2020
Lol. Luiz was on a mission
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:28pm On Jun 17, 2020
Luiz is just useless!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2020
nitrogen:
Luiz is just useless!

I disagree. He's a blessing. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2020
Mhen...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 17, 2020
Luiz is an agent of uselessness grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2020
Phil Jones don find calamity wey pass am. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:39pm On Jun 17, 2020
I think JONES, MUSTAFI and DAVID LUIZ will form a great back 3.

Jones should join Arsenal

grin grin grin grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2020
MRTA7:

I disagree. He's a blessing. cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy True sha. Top 4 things

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 18, 2020
Expert17:
I think JONES, MUSTAFI and DAVID LUIZ will form a great back 3.

Jones should join Arsenal

grin grin grin grin
Guy why?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:08am On Jun 18, 2020

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 8:55am On Jun 18, 2020
Jack Grealish is expected to leave Aston Villa at the end of the season in search of a brighter and bigger future at the top end of the Premier League. Manchester United leading the race to sign him.

- Gregg Evans [Athletic]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 9:43am On Jun 18, 2020
"Man City started playing well the moment David Luiz came on."
- Gary Neville
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 9:46am On Jun 18, 2020
Pharod cool cool cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:00am On Jun 18, 2020
Countdown....... Spurs vs Man utd

Morning prayer:
Say father, deliver me from enemies ( David Luiz) disguised as friends

ArsenalLivesMatter (ALM).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:10am On Jun 18, 2020
Best Goalkeeping Department in the World

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eyezik3(m): 10:45am On Jun 18, 2020
We must win our game against Tottenham tommorow, I can't wait to see the combination of Bruno and Pogba in Mid field.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 10:52am On Jun 18, 2020
eyezik3:
We must win our game against Tottenham tommorow, I can't wait to see the combination of Bruno and Pogba in Mid field.
Pogba isn't starting

(1) (2) (3) ... (7830) (7831) (7832) (7833) (7834) (7835) (7836) ... (14220) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2, Ijustwantto and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.