Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,966 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:59 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7868) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8862150 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7865) (7866) (7867) (7868) (7869) (7870) (7871) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
GloryIsaac:

That they compete doesn’t mean they’ll win it.. just saying how good the quality of their bench is.

Good on paper, yes. Actually competing? No.

To compete, you must have a realistic chance of winning the trophy. They’re 20+ points behind for crying out loud.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:46pm On Jun 22, 2020
The only positive here is for OGS to see how to kill teams that play deeper.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:46pm On Jun 22, 2020
kifeyous:
Ex.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11785279_screenshot20200622210721_png8697b0d08ba30cd2d09eb5a6aae2a5a3

Now this is what you call tactics. Not park the bus and insha allah

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:47pm On Jun 22, 2020
Leyqute:

This is what you call tactics. Not park the bus and insha allah

cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:49pm On Jun 22, 2020
adebayo201:
The only positive here is for OGS to see how to kill teams that play deeper.

That’s the problem o. Been saying this since last year.

Bruno + Pogba combo may be the solution.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Leyqute:

we also need players that can dribble pass two or three opponents. These kinds of players will always open up spaces for others to penetate and score.

I'm still looking at Pep's statement about this United current team. I hope it's what it's because this team should/can go far with the right mentality.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
adebayo201:
we also need players that can dribble pass two or three opponents. These kinds of players will always open up spaces for others to penetate and score.

I'm still looking at Pep's statement about this United current team. I hope it's what it's because this team should/can go far with the right mentality.

By even taking on the defender and pulling him out of position, players can create space for their team mates. We have few of those kinda players.

By the end of the season we will know where we are.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:40am On Jun 23, 2020
OpTop4

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:41am On Jun 23, 2020
More......

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:48am On Jun 23, 2020
Awon odale

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 7:51am On Jun 23, 2020
Leyqute:

City's wingplay is insane. They just carve teams open at will. I hope we'd find our own pattern but we should demand more from our full backs and wingers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 8:52am On Jun 23, 2020
I don't know ooo

But something is telling me that if Ole should start Lingard tomorrow

He'll score cheesy cheesy

But when is Lingard leaving Utd angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:16am On Jun 23, 2020
Khaytunechi:

City's wingplay is insane. They just carve teams open at will. I hope we'd find our own pattern but we should demand more from our full backs and wingers.

We have 2 fullbacks and 0 wingers.

And of the 2 fullbacks, one is inefficient attack wise while the other is gbas gbos.

You no see say water pass garri small?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:41am On Jun 23, 2020
BREAKING: Scott McTominay has signed a new contract at Manchester United to June 2025 with option of extra year.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:56am On Jun 23, 2020
Ole has big decisions to make. Personally, I'll drop Wan-Bissaka for Dalot against Sheffield United as I expect them to sit deep. I'll also opt for Williams rather than Shaw as he offers more in attack.

In midfield, Matic should play in a double pivot with Pogba who should have more license to roam with Bruno as the AMF.

In attack, I'll be able start Martial flanked by Rashford and Greenwood. If Martial doesn't impose himself on the game, replace him with Ighalo at the start of the second half. We should go all out to attack teams that sit back. Against the top teams, we can go conservative with the likes of McSauce, Wan-Bissaka, Fred etc...

If we fail to take advantage of Chelsea's potential loss or draw vs City, we should forfeit about top 4.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:57am On Jun 23, 2020
McTominay: “All I have ever known is Manchester United and I hope that my passion for the club shows every time I go onto the pitch. I’ll continue to give everything for this club whenever I pull on the shirt."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:58am On Jun 23, 2020
McTominay: "I want to thank the manager for the faith he has shown in me and everyone at the club that has helped me to get where I am today. I’m looking forward to finishing this season on a high and hopefully achieving our aims."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:58am On Jun 23, 2020
Solskjær: "Scott [McTominay] has done tremendously well since I joined and has been a vital part of our midfield. He brings determination, tenacity and skill to the game and we know that Scott’s attributes will be a major asset to the squad over the coming years."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:59am On Jun 23, 2020
Solskjær: "As we always say the Academy is the bedrock of the club and having come through the system everyone knows that Scott has shown the exact mentality that you need to succeed at Manchester United. I look forward to seeing his continued improvement in the years to come."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:03am On Jun 23, 2020
Leyqute:

We have 2 fullbacks and 0 wingers.

And of the 2 fullbacks, one is inefficient attack wise while the other is gbas gbos.

You no see say water pass garri small?

We play 2 defensive full backs and 1 wing-forward. It is what it is.
Even if Sancho comes he just might find it difficult. There is a world of a difference between playing with Hakimi and playing with AWB.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:39am On Jun 23, 2020
patrickmuf:
Ole has big decisions to make. Personally, I'll drop Wan-Bissaka for Dalot against Sheffield United as I expect them to sit deep. I'll also opt for Williams rather than Shaw as he offers more in attack.

In midfield, Matic should play in a double pivot with Pogba who should have more license to roam with Bruno as the AMF.

In attack, I'll be able start Martial flanked by Rashford and Greenwood. If Martial doesn't impose himself on the game, replace him with Ighalo at the start of the second half. We should go all out to attack teams that sit back. Against the top teams, we can go conservative with the likes of McSauce, Wan-Bissaka, Fred etc...

If we fail to take advantage of Chelsea's potential loss or draw vs City, we should forfeit about top 4.

Williams is better than Shaw offensively and also offers more defensively.

I think people have a wrong perception about Dalot. He is not that good offensively and his defensive abilities are suspect.

Also, we can’t go gung ho in the first half against a team like Sheffield United. They will punish you.

With Matic and Pogba shielding Dalot and Maguire, their counter attacks will be catastrophic. Those demons are fit and agile.

I agree about Greenwood starting at RW though. And we should be also more offensive than against Tottenham.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:41am On Jun 23, 2020
afrodoc2:

We play 2 defensive full backs and 1 wing-forward. It is what it is.
Even if Sancho comes he just might find it difficult. There is a world of a difference between playing with Hakimi and playing with AWB.

Rashford is not a winger or a striker. It would have been okay if his decision making and teamplay isn’t shit.

Maybe Sancho might help AWB improve his game as well. I hope and pray.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:42am On Jun 23, 2020
Ole on DeGea: "David is the best goalkeeper in the world. He's only conceded two goals in his last seven games for us.

"He still makes match-winning saves, he's been consistently working hard in training and he's mentally strong — I'm really happy with his work."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2020
Solskjær: "He’s [Dean Henderson] learning all the time, he’s a passionate keeper, he’s developing, he’s had good coaching there [Sheffield] - I think one day he’ll be England No.1 and Manchester United No.1 and he needs to keep developing."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2020
Solskjær on Angel Gomes' contract: "For me, I've not spoken to anyone last night or in the morning. The admin, the meetings going on, I can't really update you on that one."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayromWrites: 10:44am On Jun 23, 2020
Away from man united for a while

I don't seem to find anything wrong with someone saying White lives matter

I know the timing and preceding events might not really be right but then how ia he racist?

I want to learn, no insults please

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:44am On Jun 23, 2020
Ole on McTominay: "He's been part of the club for so long so we're delighted he sees his long-term future here, as he's developed so much over the past few years.

"He's such a humble, hard-working boy with the Manchester United DNA, and he's a leader on the pitch."

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 23, 2020
JayromWrites:
Away from man united for a while

I don't seem to find anything wrong with someone saying White lives matter

I know the timing and preceding events might not really be right but then how ia he racist?

I want to learn, no insults please
maybe this might help

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayromWrites: 11:05am On Jun 23, 2020
numberonecytyzen:

maybe this might help

Wow

Thanks for the enlightenment
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:25am On Jun 23, 2020
Leyqute:

Rashford is not a winger or a striker. It would have been okay if his decision making and teamplay isn’t shit.

Maybe Sancho might help AWB improve his game as well. I hope and pray.

Yeah Rashford is a hybrid (and so is Martial as well). Neither is a pure wide man or center-forward. Both would be better in a 2 man strike partnership with a more traditional 9, however that is not in vogue anymore.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:30am On Jun 23, 2020
patrickmuf:

I won't go all out that way. I would go with Williams at RB and Shaw at LB. Dalot's positioning, defensive tenacity and awareness are all suspect.

Greenwood, Martial, Rashford in attack is not a bad idea. Pogba, Bruno, and Matic/McTominay also would be good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:36am On Jun 23, 2020
Oasis007:
Ole on DeGea: "[s]David is the best goalkeeper in the world[/s]. He's only conceded two goals in his last seven games for us.

"He still makes match-winning saves, he's been consistently working hard in training and he's mentally strong — I'm really happy with his work."

Fixed.

He's not the best in Manchester

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7865) (7866) (7867) (7868) (7869) (7870) (7871) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.