Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,144 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7881) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8791095 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7878) (7879) (7880) (7881) (7882) (7883) (7884) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 6:58am On Jun 25, 2020
Prectega:
Don’t ever in ur life compare Pogba to Bruno again

Pogba no b anybody mate abeg

The negatives from today’s match are Bruno and rashford

What is this one saying? Which game are u watching? Yes bruno gives away a good number of unsuccessful passes, but what is because he is the person making by far the most adventurous forward passes, which defenders desperately try to intercept or it will lead to a goal. Bruno received balls in very tight corner and doesn't lose balls on his feet easily and has great awareness. Give him to city and watch what Pep will use him to do.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:10am On Jun 25, 2020
grin

For the Martial FC.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:19am On Jun 25, 2020
onyeomaonyeoma:
but that Bruno no dey calm down play pass at all..

he's always wanna play through pass not minding if there is a player or not

But baba is a baller though.

Apostle Paul be giving me Joy

Nemanja Matic our surest DM for now not those activities formers

Shout out to Martial for those hattrick it's has been a while since a United player scored one .

overall the team played well and won .... GGMU

No mind Fred grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:21am On Jun 25, 2020
CapitalCee:

To be fair to matic, he has been fantastic twice against City and against Chelsea. The match we played Spurs, Ole would have started him. The trick with matic is he can't sustain his energy and form for the entire season. It's either you utilise fully for half season and use him very very sparingly in the second half of the season or the other way round.

This is the gospel about him. Probably because he's aging. That's why I know that Matic, McTominay and Fred will all have games for themselves. They should just put in their best whenever they are called upon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:22am On Jun 25, 2020
raumdeuter:

Against Sheffield? When you go give us update about the Serie A title race and how Inter Milan is doing

Go and watch our games against top 6 opponent

Focus on Matic's performance against Liverpool @ Anfield
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:31am On Jun 25, 2020
grin

Matic did well, he's exceptional Yesterday, but I believe Fred would do better as well. He's not rated yet, by some Fans, but with time and consistency, he's gonna win many Fans over..... Soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:34am On Jun 25, 2020
patrickmuf:
When Pogba keeps it simple, no midfielder in the world comes close.

Manchester City to win today.

If City win its 2 points between us and Chelsea. God please let it happen.

Chelsea will play west ham(A), Watford (H), Palace(A), Sheffield (A), Norwich (H), then Liverpool (A) and Wolves (H).

West Ham, Palace and Sheffield united, should Knock points off Chelsea.
My problem with that liverpool match is Klopp will likely not play his full strength team after they win the title, except if they really want to chase record points. Wolves should also give them problems, but if they dont, wolves is also our rivals too and they need points, either way we gain.

After City game. I see chelsea getting 11-12 points from the remaining available 21.

LEICESTER CITY is 6 points ahead of us, I am even more optimistic about them. Look at there fixtures.

Everton (A), Palace(H), Arsenal (A), Bournemouth (A), Sheffield (H), Spurs(A). They finish with a possible decider with Us at their home.
All teams here will possible take points off them, they need to win both Palace and Sheffield at home or it may get bad for them, because Bournemouth and Arsenal needs points desperately, Spurs also and all are at home. And Ancelotti will be baying for blood at Goodison park, this isn't a good time to play Everton, they are on form.
Leicester may come out with 8-10 points from their remaining fixtures.

On our own fixtures.
Brighton (A), Bournemouth (H), Aston Villa(A), Southampton (H), Palace(A) West Ham(H), Leicester (A).
This is on paper an easy run-in, but these teams will like to sit back and counter us, and all these teams except Palace are in need of any sort of points and this could be dangerous. I would have been afraid of Palace away, but they are safe already from relegation, I am more weary of Villa and Brighton. I want a situation where we will just need a point versus Liecester on the final day to clinch top 4, yes dropped points but if we are ahead of Leicester at that time, it will do because Chelsea is playing Wolves same day, both or either of them will drop points.

I predict we will get 16-18 points from the remaining 21.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 25, 2020
CapitalCee:

Chelsea will play west ham(A), Watford (H), Palace(A), Sheffield (A), Norwich (H), then Liverpool (A) and Wolves (H).

My problem with that liverpool match is Klopp will likely not play his full strength team after they win the title, except if they really want to chase record points. Wolves should also give them problems, but if they dont, wolves is also our rivals too and they need points, either way we gain.

After City game. I see chelsea getting 11-12 points from the remaining available 21.

LEICESTER CITY is 6 points ahead of us, I am even more optimistic about them. Look at there fixtures.

Everton (A), Palace(H), Arsenal (A), Bournemouth (A), Sheffield (H), Spurs(A). They finish with a possible decider with Us at their home.
All teams here will possible take points off them, they need to win both Palace and Sheffield at home or it may get bad for them, because Bournemouth and Arsenal needs points desperately, Spurs also and all are at home. And Ancelotti will be baying for blood at Goodison park, this isn't a good time to play Everton, they are on form.

On our own fixtures.
Brighton (A), Bournemouth (H), Aston Villa(A), Southampton (H), Palace(A) West Ham(H), Leicester (A).
This is on paper an easy run-in, but these teams will like to sit back and counter us, and all these teams except Palace are in need of any sort of points and this could be dangerous. I would have been afraid of Palace away, but they are safe already from relegation, I am more weary of Villa and Brighton. I want a situation where we will just need a point versus Liecester on the final day to clinch top 4, yes dropped points but if we are ahead of Leicester at that time, it will do because Chelsea is playing Wolves same day, both or either of them will drop points.

Yes oo, and were hoping the lines keep falling in pleasant places for us.... Good morning every one and GGMU.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 7:44am On Jun 25, 2020
sylvalord:
Some of y'all just post for posting sake, it is obvious you do not watch football matches

undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:45am On Jun 25, 2020
grin

See Permutations tori Olohun..... Chei.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 25, 2020
CapitalCee:

On our own fixtures.

Based on the fixtures, I already predicted that we’ll win 7 and draw 2.. those 2 are Spurs and Crystal Palace (because they’re stubborn). Will take 8 wins though

Based on how United attacks now, I don’t think any of Brighton, Bournemouth, Villa, Saints, West Ham or even Leicester can stop the goals from flowing.

Any seeming gaps in goal will be down to us misfiring, and I’m very optimistic that we might actually make 3rd place based on Chelsea and Leicester’s fixtures.

We just need to be very clinical, if chances are hard to come by, try getting penalties (any way na way).

The fact that Chelsea still has Wolves, while Leicester has Spurs gives me so much hope.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 25, 2020
Oasis007:
grin

As a Nigerian, things like this are normal cheesy

Watch out for the next AFCON and World Cup/ qualifiers. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 25, 2020
I love how the defense restricted Sheffield from shooting at the goal.. to avoid stories that touch.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:00am On Jun 25, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Based on the fixtures, I already predicted that we’ll win 7 and draw 2.. those 2 are Spurs and Crystal Palace (because they’re stubborn). Will take 8 wins though

Based on how United attacks now, I don’t think any of Brighton, Bournemouth, Villa, Saints, West Ham or even Leicester can stop the goals from flowing.

Any seeming gaps in goal will be down to us misfiring, and I’m very optimistic that we might actually make 3rd place based on Chelsea and Leicester’s fixtures.

We just need to be very clinical, if chances are hard to come by, try getting penalties (any way na way).

The fact that Chelsea still has Wolves, while Leicester has Spurs gives me so much hope.

I am just being conservative. But I can guarantee you that if we win those number of fixtures you said up there, we might just need a point against Leicester. I dont want us to require a win versus Liecester it will put us in tight conditions. Not just spurs for Liecester, they also have Bournemouth, Arsenal and Everton Away, I dont see them winning those matches. If we sweep all our matches and may be draw just 1, we will be in top 4. And not as if those matches are too hard. If Ole squander this opportunity na Ogun go punish am

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 8:01am On Jun 25, 2020
GloryIsaac:
I love how the defense restricted Sheffield from shooting at the goal.. to avoid stories that touch.
De Gea don suffer sha grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:01am On Jun 25, 2020
As the permutation is going on,.........

- we pray Martial continue scoring this way

- and the defense restrict opponent from taking shot (just like yesterday), to help our error-prone goalkeeper

- and also we continue with midfield 3 of Pogba/Fred - Matic/Mc tominay -Bruno/Mata
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:08am On Jun 25, 2020
Expert17:
As the permutation is going on,.........

- we pray Martial continue scoring this way

- and the defense restrict opponent from taking shot (just like yesterday), to help our error-prone goalkeeper

- and also we continue with midfield 3 of Pogba/Fred - Matic/Mc tominay -Bruno/Mata

Imagine we moved away from Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial/Rashford, Pereira, Lingard and Fred to Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, Pogba, Bruno and Matic.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:10am On Jun 25, 2020
GloryIsaac:

As a Nigerian, things like this are normal cheesy

Watch out for the next AFCON and World Cup/ qualifiers. grin

grin

Shekpites dey permutate as well. Desperately hoping we drop points. LMAO!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayromWrites: 8:15am On Jun 25, 2020
CapitalCee:

Imagine we moved away from Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial/Rashford, Pereira, Lingard and Fred to Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, Pogba, Bruno and Matic.

The gap in quality

Lingard can't even make team squad anymore
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:17am On Jun 25, 2020
Leyqute:

I think the reason OGS keeps playing L. Shaw is because he’s a leftie. B. Williams offers more.

Tired of Luke mehn angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:18am On Jun 25, 2020
Oasis007:
grin

Matic did well, he's exceptional Yesterday, but I believe Fred would do better as well. He's not rated yet, by some Fans, but with time and consistency, he's gonna win many Fans over..... Soon.

Fred can’t play that Matic role. If you play Fred as the sole DM you defence will suffer.

He is the least press resistant of the 3.
He is the shortest of the 3.
He is the weakest of the 3.
He is the most dribbled player in the team.
He is slow for his size (which is why i called him Mata’s brother).

He is an energetic CM/box to box midfielder NOT a CDM.

He has a decent passing range and can pass relatively well in between the lines, and has loads of energy to cover space.

You can play him with a Matic or a McTom, but playing him with Pogba and Bruno both of whom will travel is dangerous.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:20am On Jun 25, 2020
Oasis007:
grin

I had to use my abacus to follow the guy’s calculations. Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 8:20am On Jun 25, 2020
elrony:

Tired of Luke mehn angry
Your brother scored PK yesterday

Romeluchukwu Jambody
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:22am On Jun 25, 2020
CapitalCee:

OLE is working

If we can find a way to beat clubs who sit-deep and defend..........contesting for EPL title will be a reality come next season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 8:23am On Jun 25, 2020
CapitalCee:

Sanchez is still coming back cheesy cheesy

No club is coming for him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 8:24am On Jun 25, 2020
So Messi Lingard no even dey see Space for Bench shocked shocked shocked

Even Perreira his partner in crime made the team list yesterday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:26am On Jun 25, 2020
afrodoc:

Fred can’t play that Matic role. If you play Fred as the sole DM you defence will suffer.

He is the least press resistant of the 3.
He is the shortest of the 3.
He is the weakest of the 3.
He is the most dribbled player in the team.
He is slow for his size (which is why i called him Mata’s brother).

He is an energetic CM/box to box midfielder NOT a CDM.

He has a decent passing range and can pass relatively well in between the lines, and has loads of energy to cover space.

You can play him with a Matic or a McTom, but playing him with Pogba and Bruno both of whom will travel is dangerous

Playing Fred with Bruno and Pogba is suicide...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:26am On Jun 25, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Your brother scored PK yesterday

Romeluchukwu Jambody

He can't stop scoring grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 8:27am On Jun 25, 2020
elrony:

He can't stop scoring grin
I hope he has learnt a lot about 1st touch tho cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:31am On Jun 25, 2020
Nezzjnr:

I hope he has learnt a lot about 1st touch tho cheesy

tongue tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 8:32am On Jun 25, 2020
raumdeuter:

Nigerian Olofinjana will not have problems with Sheffield

Did Nigerian Olofinjana also win epl twice like Serbian Olofinjana and did he make team of the season like Serbian Olofinjana? grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:42am On Jun 25, 2020
elampiro:

How does this connect with the argument about Tottenham vs United?

Today's game is a different thing, same with Spurs Westham when Mourinho dominated possession in a different tactics.

In the time of Nigeria quest for world cup qualification and Tunidia 1994, Ivory Coast had the best midfield build up play in Africa. What Westerhof did was to wait for them at the back, then we we had the ball, we send a long pass to the strikers cutting off the midfield we were inferior.

Another tactics was Ferguson chocking the midfield against Arsenal and thereby preventing their build up play. So we hit them mostly on the counter.

These are tactics that not everyone can understand

not everyone can understand you. How will you compare yourself watching and analysing football since the early 90s to people whose knowledge of football is limited to a little over a decade ago.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7878) (7879) (7880) (7881) (7882) (7883) (7884) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.