Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7882) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8793286 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7879) (7880) (7881) (7882) (7883) (7884) (7885) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:52am On Jun 25, 2020
You first start no mean say you sabi pass

cool cool cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:52am On Jun 25, 2020
raumdeuter:

vs Cotedvoire, Nigeria was having more shots on goal same thing Ferguson vs Arsenal
The tactics no one can understand is to deliberately allow your opponent to have numerous shots on your goal and plan with their attackers to be missing it like vs Tottenham
always talking rubbish to win an argument. You no dey tire for this kind of attitude?

FYI, what you said up here is rubbish to the ears of intelligent people. I can't say the same for the unintelligent ones, though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:55am On Jun 25, 2020
afrodoc:

Fred can’t play that Matic role. If you play Fred as the sole DM you defence will suffer.

He is the least press resistant of the 3.
He is the shortest of the 3.
He is the weakest of the 3.
He is the most dribbled player in the team.
He is slow for his size (which is why i called him Mata’s brother).

He is an energetic CM/box to box midfielder NOT a CDM.

He has a decent passing range and can pass relatively well in between the lines, and has loads of energy to cover space.

You can play him with a Matic or a McTom, but playing him with Pogba and Bruno both of whom will travel is dangerous.

cheesy

See Surgery...... You be real Doc sir.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:58am On Jun 25, 2020
Oasis007:

cheesy

See Surgery...... You be real Doc sir.

Otem be praised.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:59am On Jun 25, 2020
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:01am On Jun 25, 2020
Up man U
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 9:13am On Jun 25, 2020
With all the permutations, at different times over the course of the season, we've had more than enough opportunities to go past Chelsea and we failed every single time. If I was at Manchester right now, the only message would be- focus on the next match and win it, idc if Chelsea and Leicester are facing aliens for the remainder of the season, it really isn't about them anymore, it's simply about us. The teams above and around us will surely drop points, it's inevitable going by their fixtures on paper, but what we can't guarantee is the United that would turn up on each match day. Towards the end of last season, we were posed to finish in Top 4 but we ended up losing ridiculous points. It's never about our opponents, we've held our own against the best clubs in the league this year and lost stupeedly to lower teams. So, it's about us. If we no make top 4, it won't be because Chelsea and Leicester didn't drop points, it'll be because we sef follow drop points despite having a better fixture.

17 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FBS: 9:21am On Jun 25, 2020
Ayinde Martial. Respect.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 25, 2020
Oasis007:

grin

Shekpites dey permutate as well. Desperately hoping we drop points. LMAO!

They should start by making sacrifices, because only Fenibeso can save them from Pep’s army today cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 25, 2020
ovoP:
De Gea don suffer sha grin

It’s sad but it is what it is.. De Gea has regressed, the defense shouldn’t let shots get to him much.

Hope he picks up from yesterday’s clean sheet though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 25, 2020
CapitalCee:

Imagine we moved away from Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial/Rashford, Pereira, Lingard and Fred to Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, Pogba, Bruno and Matic.

Reminds me of the first time Greenwood’s name was mentioned here grin, a lot of folk were rightly skeptical except Leqyute & Doc.. even the name “Greenwood” sounded somehow and ofcourse OGS getting the stick for it.

Lingard hasn’t even made matchday squad despite the increase to 9 subs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:10am On Jun 25, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Reminds me of the first time Greenwood’s name was mentioned here grin, a lot of folk were rightly skeptical except Leqyute & Doc.. even the name “Greenwood” sounded somehow and ofcourse OGS getting the stick for it.

I think the battle is between Mata, Lingard and Perreira. If you noticed, Pereira missed match day squad against Spurs. Yesterday, it's Lingard.

I'm certain the three will be available against Norwich. But who will start is on OGS.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 25, 2020
adebayo201:

I think the battle is between Mata, Lingard and Perreira. If you noticed, Pereira missed match day squad against Spurs. Yesterday, it's Lingard.

I'm certain the three will be available against Norwich. But who will start is on OGS.

None will start grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:25am On Jun 25, 2020
GloryIsaac:

None will start grin grin

cheesy them still be United properties oh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 11:03am On Jun 25, 2020
Expert17:

No mind Fred grin grin
bro am not trying to diss Fred but Matic is very calm and I love his movement..

Fred will have his day
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 11:09am On Jun 25, 2020
Most Shots this Season with goals scored

Jimenez 104 shots (15) goals
Salah 103 (17)
Firmino 89 (cool
Auba 74 (17)
Martial 64 (14)

Look at what Martial is doing with the least service! 100 shots and he'd have 21 goals
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 11:11am On Jun 25, 2020
Nezzjnr:
So Messi Lingard no even dey see Space for Bench shocked shocked shocked

Even Perreira his partner in crime made the team list yesterday

Ole is alternating between Messi Lingard and Lord Perreira in the match day squad... against Spur Lingard was on the bench why Perreira didn't make the squad

Our squad has really improve in quality kudos to OGS
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 11:27am On Jun 25, 2020
adebayo201:

This is the gospel about him. Probably because he's aging. That's why I know that Matic, McTominay and Fred will all have games for themselves. They should just put in their best whenever they are called upon.
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 11:53am On Jun 25, 2020
engrelvis:
gdmorni bro
How's work going sa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 12:06pm On Jun 25, 2020
Khaytunechi:
With all the permutations, at different times over the course of the season, we've had more than enough opportunities to go past Chelsea and we failed every single time. If I was at Manchester right now, the only message would be- focus on the next match and win it, idc if Chelsea and Leicester are facing aliens for the remainder of the season, it really isn't about them anymore, it's simply about us. The teams above and around us will surely drop points, it's inevitable going by their fixtures on paper, but what we can't guarantee is the United that would turn up on each match day. Towards the end of last season, we were posed to finish in Top 4 but we ended up losing ridiculous points. It's never about our opponents, we've held our own against the best clubs in the league this year and lost stupeedly to lower teams. So, it's about us. If we no make top 4, it won't be because Chelsea and Leicester didn't drop points, it'll be because we sef follow drop points despite having a better fixture.
You made a lot of sense grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 12:09pm On Jun 25, 2020
Ravioli:
Firmino?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 1:02pm On Jun 25, 2020
KingTom:
Firmino?
8 goals
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 1:12pm On Jun 25, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Afrodoc will not take this. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 2:32pm On Jun 25, 2020
Ravioli:

8 goals
thank you grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
Solskjær: "Paul [Pogba] could tell you more than most about our evolution, because the team he’s rejoining now is a different team to the one that started the season. Our development is there for all to see."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2020
RVP: "It took a while.. but happy that someone has taken the baton after 7 years. Congratulations on the hat-trick Anthony Martial
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2020
Expert17:
As the permutation is going on,.........

- we pray Martial continue scoring this way

- and the defense restrict opponent from taking shot (just like yesterday), to help our error-prone goalkeeper

- and also we continue with midfield 3 of Pogba/Fred - Matic/Mc tominay -Bruno/Mata

The team was able to keep the ball away from Sheffield, not necessarily the defense that restricted them. Holding on to the ball restricts the opposing team from creating meaningful chances
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2020
afrodoc:

Fred can’t play that Matic role. If you play Fred as the sole DM you defence will suffer.

He is the least press resistant of the 3.
He is the shortest of the 3.
He is the weakest of the 3.
He is the most dribbled player in the team.
He is slow for his size (which is why i called him Mata’s brother).

He is an energetic CM/box to box midfielder NOT a CDM.

He has a decent passing range and can pass relatively well in between the lines, and has loads of energy to cover space.

You can play him with a Matic or a McTom, but playing him with Pogba and Bruno both of whom will travel is dangerous.
Said this multiple times. Fred without Tom or Matic is a recipe for wailing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2020
Nezzjnr:

How's work going sa
work is good doc.man UTD is giving me joy.for once I v some confidence in ole!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
grin

Future is bright.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2020
engrelvis:
work is good doc.man UTD is giving me joy.for once I v some confidence in ole!
You no dey reach here like that

Seeing your work in the property section cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
Man Utd release 9 players:::

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson
Demetri Mitchell
Ethan Hamilton
Dion McGhee
George Tanner
Aidan Barlow
Kieran O’Hara
Alex Fojticek
Largie Ramazani

-Cameron Borthwick- Jackson suffered from Van Gaal's sacking

- Ethan Hamilton and Demetri Mitchell were highly rated

- where is Lingard and Perriera?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7879) (7880) (7881) (7882) (7883) (7884) (7885) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.