Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,359 members, 7,860,957 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:47 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8862094 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8411) (8412) (8413) (8414) (8415) (8416) (8417) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
Panther7:
That's why you need to support him now with transfers if things goes south it will be easy to blame him, If United don't sign players now when it goes south it will be difficult to analyse and make a decision cos you don't know if it's OGS or lack of depth.
He has bought 5 players already
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
lekkie073:
you might have a point there. But I believe he will get better.
I hope so
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
Panther7:
Did I say they aren't? If the man has targets get him his targets simple.
Ok they should pay 700m for Messi because our man has targets. Na so
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
patrickmuf:
Grant earns 30k weekly? OMG!

Make una calm down na. cheesy

30k is not outrageous. He is an EPL player. The average EPL salary is 60k plus weekly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 4:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

The problems start when we want to offload players and no other club is able to afford their wages. The major reason we have been struggling to offload under-performing players is their ridiculous wages.
the main reason is that those guys are not ambitious and it's a personality problem.

Philippe Coutinho is on 250k per week and could have chosen to lie down on the bed or play golf and take the money when things were not working out for his ass in Catalonia. Gareth Bale is doing it, Mesut Ozil is doing it, Alexis Sanchez could have chosen to do it.

Chris Smalling and Marcos Rojo were able to find clubs and they were not earning peanuts.
a guy like Sergio Romero will be able to find a club if he so wishes or choose to sit down and flex.

these guys that are not performing are not eager to move and it's not because of the contracts they are on.
if Phil Jones wants to move on this summer, his agent will find him a club. people need to do something and take responsibility for their actions, this is where I give kudos to Gareth Bale. he's sat there as some form of retribution and he owns up to it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:12pm On Sep 06, 2020
ChristineC:
the main reason is that those guys are not ambitious and it's a personality problem.

Chris Smalling and Marcos Rojo were able to find clubs and they were not earning peanuts.
a guy like Sergio Romero will be able to find a club if he so wishes or choose to sit down and flex.

these guys that are not performing are not eager to move and it's not because of the contracts they are on.
if Phil Jones wants to move on this summer, his agent will find him a club. people need to do something and take responsibility for their actions, this is where I give kudos to Gareth Bale. he's sat there as some form of retribution and he owns up to it.

The difference is quality. Smalling can defend and has no injury problems and his wages of 70-80k are reasonable.

FYI Rojo is back in England. His 6 month loan ended in June with him playing only 1 game. Nobody wants to pay his wages especially with his injury record. Same with Jones.

Overpaying for mediocrity is never good business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
eph12:

Ok they should pay 700m for Messi because our man has targets. Na so
why do you guys like spinning different narratives? Is Messi our target? Is united interested in signing Messi?
I give up undecided undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

Make una calm down na. cheesy

30k is not outrageous. He is an EPL player. The average EPL salary is 60k plus weekly.
Doc, it's Lee Grant o! Not Romero...Instead of paying Grant 30k, wetin our U23 goalie dey do wey we no just keep am for bench for Caraboa Cup games?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
eph12:

He has bought 5 players already
Please don't complain about lack of depth when the season starts, seems you are ok with the squad.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2020
ChristineC:

Philippe Coutinho is on 250k per week and could have chosen to lie down on the bed or play golf and take the money when things were not working out for his ass in Catalonia. Gareth Bale is doing it, Mesut Ozil is doing it, Alexis Sanchez could have chosen to do it.

You do realize that in most cases when they go out on loan, the parent club is saddled with the responsibility of paying at least half of their wages? That was the same case for Coutinho at Bayern...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

The difference is quality. Smalling can defend and has no injury problems and his wages of 70-80k are reasonable.

FYI Rojo is back in England. His 6 month loan ended in June with him playing only 1 game. Nobody wants to pay his wages especially with his injury record. Same with Jones.

Overpaying for mediocrity is never good business.

Phil Jones was given a new contract in Feb 2019. that's preposterous. he's been finished since 2016 and everyone knows that. now that's not explicably and I'm not going to even try and make any sense about it because there is non. only the people who offered him that know what's up.

I know Marcos Rojo is back, and whether he's back to take money or work out terms of a transfer is again down to his personality.
what I'm saying is that you'd not expect Manchester United players to earn like Rangers FC.
if you earn #10m monthly living in Nigeria, you'd not want your driver to look like a danfo driver. you should have him appear like a pilot, except of course you are a sadist. it's just basic.

I'm not saying anybody should overpay for mediocrity. when these contracts were handed out, terms were adequate and nobody knows how they'd turn out.. you can argue that contract extensions are poorly thought and you'd find no opposition from my end.
case study is Matic's three years, even me already know it's a send off gift.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 4:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
patrickmuf:
You do realize that in most cases when they go out on loan, the parent club is saddled with the responsibility of paying at least half of their wages? That was the same case for Coutinho at Bayern...
yes but there is career ambition and that's why they are not sat on it. if you make a loan move and all turns out good, then options open up for all involved parties. that's my point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Prectega(m): 4:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
Please vote GREENWOOD

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
Ab0bi:
Januzaj was a beast in Manure some yrs ago, u guys hyped him..the rest is history.

Greenwood or Blackwood is another fraud in the making..imagine one nigga comparing Greenwood to Mason Mount! Aru...
disappear to the abiss, mount can't lace Greenwood boots.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
ChristineC:
yes but there is career ambition and that's why they are not sat on it. if you make a loan move and all turns out good, then options open up for all involved parties. that's my point.
It depends if the other club is willing to take you on and pay your wages or if your parent club accepts to pay part of the wages.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2020
KingAlabi:

disappear to the abiss, mount can't lace Greenwood boots.
Greenwood dare not rate himself above Mount...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 06, 2020
Prectega:
Please vote GREENWOOD
Who is greenwood?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 5:07pm On Sep 06, 2020
Ab0bi:
Greenwood dare not rate himself above Mount...
how old is mount.?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2020
KingAlabi:
how old is mount.?
How old is martial?
i heard greenwood came off bench yesterday..is that true?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2020
Ab0bi:
How old is martial?

I heard mount was on the u21 bench sad

and Lampard has replaced him with harvetz someone he is older than. E be things

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
Ab0bi:
How old is martial?

I heard Mount was on the bench for England U-21.
How true might that be?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2020
KingAlabi:

I heard mount was on the u21 bench sad

and Lampard has replaced him with harvetz someone he is older than. E be things
i am sure you get your news from roadside sport analyst, weldone sir.

Mount has 6 caps and a goal and he was unfit but was on bench yesterday..

Be updated bro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
numberonecytyzen:

I heard Mount was on the bench for England U-21.
How true might that be?
Manure fans and fake village news..mount was on bench yesterday, your greenwood was brought in @70mins.

mount is a snr england player (6caps and 1goal)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
Ab0bi:
i am sure you get your news from roadside sport analyst, weldone sir.

Mount has 6 caps and a goal and he was unfit but was on bench yesterday..

Be updated bro.

cheesy unfit, cry me a River an unfit rashford was called up before he declined.

for harvetz replacing mount, what position did harvetz play in Bayer 04.,??

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2020
Varchester Utd always displaying their ignorance, no wondey they bought magwaya for £80m and dabba for £105m
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2020
KingAlabi:

cheesy unfit, cry me a River an unfit rashford was called up before he declined.

for harvetz replacing mount, what position did harvetz play in Bayer 04.,??

it seems u don't have access to verified news..mount was injured 8 days ago, southgate trusted him and decided to put him on bench incase he needs his magic.

harvetz plays am/ss...and mount didn't grumble..check ur source, mount dad denied such fake accusation by tweeting "bullshit"

scummies try harder!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2020
Ab0bi:
Manure fans and fake village news..mount was on bench yesterday, your greenwood was brought in @70mins.

mount is a snr england player (6caps and 1goal)
Unfit players don't make squad list.
Learn son.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 5:40pm On Sep 06, 2020
FG should open schools so we can be seeing less of this angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 06, 2020
numberonecytyzen:

Unfit players don't make squad list.
Learn son.
what happen to painkillers? Or u have forgotten players that played with pains..don't tell me ignorance is akin to manure fans.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
patrickmuf:
Doc, it's Lee Grant o! Not Romero...Instead of paying Grant 30k, wetin our U23 goalie dey do wey we no just keep am for bench for Caraboa Cup games?

If your argument is that we shouldn’t have signed Lee Grant that is one thing. But how much do you think Lee Grant a senior Man Utd player should be earning?

His salary is half of the premier league average. His salary is less than the average in 17 of the 20 clubs from last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 5:45pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nezzjnr:
FG should open schools so we can be seeing less of this angry
Schools should resume middle of the month cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:46pm On Sep 06, 2020
You guys have no self control. A guy will just enter in a ragamuffin way and you guys will start engaging him in back and forth.

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (8411) (8412) (8413) (8414) (8415) (8416) (8417) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: odizeey(m), BARAJ92(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.