Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8792188 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8410) (8411) (8412) (8413) (8414) (8415) (8416) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2020
CapitalCee:
I know its getting boring now. Lol. But this person just took this off from my mouth.

Rashford dey bench this guy for England.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
CapitalCee:

Nitrogen will blame Ole for including him in his transfer list. Lol.

Thanks. Sancho is too expensive, we must win the EPL after paying 100m for that guy, otherwise OGS go enter wahala o.

I don't have issues with our players, na OGS be the problem, if after signing his players, we don't win a trophy (FA cup, or EPL or UCL) and/or make top 4, he will be in serious trouble.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
CapitalCee:

Greenwood is not a winger. He will excel as a SS or a CF. and he is 18. He needs someone to take pressure off him for now until like 2 years when he will go full trottle
I don't want to hold this notion. He is 18 years and can still develop into any position. For now, he plays RWF and does not feel awkward there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2020
patrickmuf:
Weedtaker, I think that guy was only trying to highlight the fact that we pay ridiculous wages and trust me, even though his Romero example didn't suite the narrative since Romero was signed on the free, you just have to look at the wages of Martial, Rashford, Henderson and most of our players to see that he was/is right on point...
he had no point really.
will you expect an accountant in Okomu Oil to be in same salary bracket as an accountant in ExxonMobil? they are both accountants and working in the oil and gas sector.

there are levels to everything.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
Expert17:

Rashford dey bench this guy for England.

I know say people no go gree. But Sancho is not benching Rashford in England ooo. His advantage is that he seem to be the only person that is comfortable in the RW.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2020
ChristineC:
he had no point really.
will you expect an accountant in Okomu Oil to be in same salary bracket as an accountant in ExxonMobil? they are both accountants and working in the oil and gas sector.

there are levels to everything.
Henderson just singed a new deal where he is paid over 100k weekly...Isn't this bogus weekly wage compared to Allison, Brazil's first choice goalie?

Will Madrid pay Martial and Rashford 250k and 200k respectively?

It looks even worse when you look at how much Lingard and Jones are earning...

Henderson hasn't even played a game for us at the top level yet he is offered a bumper pay rise.

I'm sure if we compare what Mane and Salah earns, they'd not be much difference compared to our forwards. In no time, Greenwood will join the 100k or more club just because it's Manchester United...

I sincerely doubt City, Liverpool and Chelsea pay their players as much as we do...For our wage structure, you'd be forgiven for thinking we have the best team in the league...

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2020
patrickmuf:
Henderson just singed a new deal where he is paid over 100k weekly...Isn't this bogus weekly wage compared to Allison, Brazil's first choice goalie?

Henderson hasn't even played a game for us at the top level yet he is offered a bumper pay rise.

I'm sure if we compare what Mane and Salah earns, they'd not be much difference compared to our forwards. In no time, Greenwood will join the 100k or more club just because it's Manchester United...

I sincerely doubt City, Liverpool and Chelsea pay their players as much as we do...For our wage structure, you'd be forgiven for thinking we have the best team in the league...

Spending over half a million on just GKs every week.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2020
Expert17:

Spending over half a million on just GKs every week.

At most clubs, you have to earn a new deal off the back of a spectacular season or two but here, the board rewards players with new deals coupled with increased wages when they haven't earned it...

It's this ridiculous wages that makes it almost impossible for us to offload players deemed surplus to requirement by the coach because nobody is going to accept to pay them such wages.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:46pm On Sep 06, 2020
patrickmuf:

if the wages were not attainable, they'd not be offered. I personally don't see why fans are bothered by what the club offers the players.
Manchester United earns the money and do the salary payments. these clubs you mentioned don't generate such income, ignore the business shenanigans and proxies, and some barely do because of the inequalities in revenue sharing in their countries and direct government injections.
was it not too long ago Liverpool wanted to furlough staff? wasn't Arsenal saying they'd be displacing 50 ground staff?
the business is big enough to take care of itself and still service debts laden on it by some nincompoop business family. I see no problems at all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
ChristineC:
if the wages were not attainable, they'd not be offered. I personally don't see why fans are bothered by what the club offers the players.
Manchester United earns the money and do the salary payments. these clubs you mentioned don't generate such income, ignore the business shenanigans and proxies, and some barely do because of the inequalities in revenue sharing in their countries.
was it not too long ago Liverpool wanted to furlough staff? wasn't Arsenal saying they'd be displacing 50 ground staff?
the business is big enough to take care of itself and still service debts laden on it by some nincompoop business family. I see no problems at all.
No problems including paying players like Jones, Lingard, Pereira and many others hefty weekly wages such that no other club can afford them?

The big question is; for how long?

Take away the weekly wages of Jones, Lingard, Pereira, Mata and the likes and you'd easily be in a position to sign a world beater...

I'm sure they existed fans of other clubs who are today bankrupt who thought it wasn't their business even when in all honesty, the fans contribute a lot to the success of a club financially and otherwise...

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
nitrogen:

Haha, lock up next season? I bet you will still come back here to say Ed is a tool, the Glazers are sh1t, they haven't spent their cash on the club, we need to spend another 200m next transfer window.

Na una na, we know una.

Which kain wahala be this? angry angry angry

If we are able to get quality 4 additions to the team for the positions we need covers for I think we have certainly built a 90% complete team...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
ChristineC:
Manchester United earns the money and do the salary payments. these clubs you mentioned don't generate such income, ignore the business shenanigans and proxies, and some barely do because of the inequalities in revenue sharing in their countries and direct government injections.

The problems start when we want to offload players and no other club is able to afford their wages. The major reason we have been struggling to offload under-performing players is their ridiculous wages.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:53pm On Sep 06, 2020
nitrogen:

Haha, that nani guy is a robot Na.........

Spambot grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:54pm On Sep 06, 2020
patrickmuf:
No problems including paying players like Jones, Lingard, Pereira and many others hefty weekly wages such that no other club can afford them?

The big question is; for how long?

Take away the weekly wages of Jones, Lingard, Pereira, Mata and the likes and you'd easily be in a position to sign a world beater...

We saved up to 60M (weekly wages) from Alexis Sanchez move to Inter Milan.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

The problems start when we want to offload players and no other club is able to afford their wages. The major reason we have been struggling to offload under-performing players is their ridiculous wages.
Gbam!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
Expert17:

You can imagine...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
Ravioli:
Update: Sergio Reguilon Final fee and personal terms no problem. Club has communicated incremental game time basis performance along with minimum participation. Both side working to find out right arrangement(loan or permanent transfer with player, clauses with club).

Ah let it happen o, Roberto Carlos Shaw loading, he won't file sickbay application next season if he finally has a competition..

AWB vs Williams.

Love to see it grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
Ravioli:
Update: Sergio Reguilon Final fee and personal terms no problem. Club has communicated incremental game time basis performance along with minimum participation. Both side working to find out right arrangement(loan or permanent transfer with player,clauses with club).

Erhmmm..hope no be the "we have the right to buy him for 15m" clause, when such a player is worth thrice in the future? angry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2020
De Gea will be here on 350k per week till 2023, while second gk will earn over 100k for sitting on the bench. Ridiculous!

Our negotiators and scouts should just leave, dem no get sense at all. They want to pay 100m for Sancho, and give him 350k per week. Very soon, Pogba, Martial will demand for improved contracts, we will still give them, because if we don't, they will leave for free to earn 300k at other clubs.

Nawa o....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2020
lekkie073:
I don't want to hold this notion. He is 18 years and can still develop into any position. For now, he plays RWF and does not feel awkward there.
Uhm he does not beat his man enough for me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:22pm On Sep 06, 2020
nitrogen:
De Gea will be here on 350k per week till 2023, while second gk will earn over 100k for sitting on the bench. Ridiculous!

Our negotiators and scouts should just leave, dem no get sense at all. They want to pay 100m for Sancho, and give him 350k per week. Very soon, Pogba, Martial will demand for improved contracts, we will still give them, because if we don't, they will leave for free to earn 300k at other clubs.

Nawa o....

Degea 375K

Henderson 120K
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 3:22pm On Sep 06, 2020
nitrogen:

Thanks. Sancho is too expensive, we must win the EPL after paying 100m for that guy, otherwise OGS go enter wahala o.

I don't have issues with our players, na OGS be the problem, if after signing his players, we don't win a trophy (FA cup, or EPL or UCL) and/or make top 4, he will be in serious trouble.
That's why you need to support him now with transfers if things goes south it will be easy to blame him, If United don't sign players now when it goes south it will be difficult to analyse and make a decision cos you don't know if it's OGS or lack of depth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2020
Expert17:

Oshey Accountant.

60m from Alexis Sanchez alone. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2020
eph12:

Uhm he does not beat his man enough for me.
you might have a point there. But I believe he will get better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
Panther7:
That's why you need to support him now with transfers if things goes south it will be easy to blame him, If United don't sign players now when it goes south it will be difficult to analyse and make a decision cos you don't know if it's OGS or lack of depth.

Are they not supporting him?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
larride:

Oshey Accountant.

60m from Alexis Sanchez alone. grin

grin

So you never hear?

560K per week/ 2-3 years left on his deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:30pm On Sep 06, 2020
Panther7:

Well, he don dey sign players Na, hopefully, things improve ASAP.

I just don't trust OGS sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2020
Expert17:

Degea 375K

Henderson 120K

Sh1t, about 500k per week paid to our keepers. Rubbish!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2020
nitrogen:

Sh1t, about 500k per week paid to our keepers. Rubbish!

Yes.

DDG 375K
Henderson 120K
Romero 70K
Grant 30K

595K per week for GKs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2020
larride:

Are they not supporting him?
Did I say they aren't? If the man has targets get him his targets simple.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 3:37pm On Sep 06, 2020
nitrogen:

Well, he don dey sign players Na, hopefully, things improve ASAP.

I just don't trust OGS sha.
Nobody trust him either cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
Expert17:

Yes.

DDG 375K
Henderson 120K
Romero 70K
Grant 30K

595K per week for GKs.

Grant earns 30k weekly? OMG!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8410) (8411) (8412) (8413) (8414) (8415) (8416) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: swiz123(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.