Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,412 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:24 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8864309 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8408) (8409) (8410) (8411) (8412) (8413) (8414) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
eph12:

We're already asking the club to get another CB to replace Maguire that we bought for 80m

I think say na him partners we wan replace undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
larride:

Does Southgate even strike you like a manager that knows what he’s doing?

I see names that someone dropped as possible alternative and I laugh. Neres of Ajax, Leon Bailey of Leverkusen (from the same league that Sancho is tearing apart) over Sancho? grin
Quote me so we can debate...Sancho is not the beginning and ending of the world...

Mhkitaryan, Kagawa and Sahin have looked the part in the Bundesliga but when they moved, they were exposed. I don't even want to start with the fact that Sancho seems better on the left lest some of you miscontrue my point to mean I hate him...

The likes of Neres I mentioned will easily share game time with Greenwood thus will not stall his development however, with Sancho and for the amount quoted, he'd command an automatic starting spot and if Rashford and Martial keep producing, Greenwood will find game time hard to come by...I think the board is looking at Greenwood and asking themselves why they need to overpay for Sancho...

Let me categorically state it here that rather than sign Sancho for 120m, I'd rather we sign Upamecano, Reguillon and Tiago all for a combined fee of 120m...

Tiago - 27m
Reguillon - 27m
Upamecano - 60-65m

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

We should avoid making Sancho a 100m pound player. 90m max.

We already messed up by paying 80m for Maguire and 50m for AWB.
They are the ones calling the shots though. 100mil or you go one side..na we de busy the practice economics.

Runs girl don tell you say till day break na 15k last, you tell her 10k she say make you lock up... You the form strong head like small gen.. the tell am “Can I give 10,500” undecided

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2020
patrickmuf:
Quote me so we can debate...Sancho is not the beginning and ending of the world...

Mhkitaryan, Kagawa and Sahin have looked the part in the Bundesliga but when they moved, they were exposed. I don't even want to start with the fact that Sancho seems better on the left lest some of you miscontrue my point to mean I hate him...

The likes of Neres I mentioned will easily share game time with Greenwood thus will not stall his development however, with Sancho and for the amount quoted, he'd command an automatic starting spot and if Rashford and Martial keep producing, Greenwood will find game time hard to come by...I think the board is looking at Greenwood and asking themselves why they need to overpay for Sancho...

Let me categorically state it here that rather than sign Sancho for 120m, I'd rather we signed Upamecano, Reguillon and Tiago all for a combined fee of 120m...

Tiago - 27m
Reguillon - 27m
Upamecano - 60-65m

No RW in ya spending spree, we don't even have enough cover for that.

Besides Upamecano shouldn't be over 50m quids grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2020
eph12:

Athletico won't even splash half of that

People doesn't know that a new trend will evolve now.

In the last 3-4 years 80% of record signings flopped or are totally average at best especially those around the 100m bracket. Clubs will be very very careful spending 100m+ for any player that is not Certain will hit the ground running. Eg. Mbappe, Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo. Because if you sign 2 of those kind of players and they flop, it will be hard to recover.

Barca has learnt their bitter lesson. Dembele, Griezmann and Coutinho. Now they are going for depay and wijnaldum.
Even madrid are gathering money for Mbappe. I hear people saying they will buy Salah or Mane. Lol Madrid will never try that after their hazard escapade.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2020
elrony:

Everything na still speculation sha, I think we are all going overboard.

Both parties haven't even arrived at a concrete figure except the imaginary numbers being thrown about.

You are correct. Sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
patrickmuf:

Let me categorically state it here that rather than sign Sancho for 120m, I'd rather we signed Upamecano, Reguillon and Tiago all for a combined fee of 120m...

Tiago - 27m
Reguillon - 27m
Upamecano - 60-65m
Spot on

I can remember before the lockdown when I said the incoming of Sancho will stall Greenwood development cos he'll have to start every game considering the amount we want to splash on him

Sancho is a quality player but the fee is too much

Players from Dortmund haven't really impressed me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2020
elrony:

No RW in ya spending spree, we don't even have enough cover for that.

Besides Upamecano shouldn't be over 50m quids grin
Last season, our forward line which didn't even start the season together posed similar stat to that of Liverpool meaning that if our defense hold their own and our midfield chip in with a few goals, we'd be right up there...

With a CB and LB (our most vulnerable position last season) in addition to VDB and possibly Tiago, we'd have plugged the gaping issues in defense and lack of quality bench to replace Pogba and Bruno...

I agree we need another attacker preferably a RWF but if it means signing one will see us close shop for the window, I suggest we bolster other areas of the team with the same amount or even less...

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2020
elrony:

Maturity and handling pressure no be by age (Rashford and Lingard 2019 cheesy), we don't know how Sancho will fare , everything I don read here na assumptions.

Rashford never had a long off form period. Go and check his 2019, he was scoring almost every match when Ole came in, have you forgotten PSG? Last season (2019 leg) Rashford scored 19 goals before January this year. So he was never trolled. Unlike Lingard.
Moreover, in terms of Maturity it's very hard to get a player of Rashford age as mature as he is. In that aspect he is far better than Sancho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2020
eph12:

If he can deliver the crosses, and has the fitness to run down that side for 90 minutes, we should go for him

Gladly he does that perfectly. He will be a steal for the quoted amount
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

I am happy this is coming from you who have pushed that we sign him up...

It's funny seeing other fans here asking that we pay up whatever it takes...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
weedtaker:
They are the ones calling the shots though. 100mil or you go one side..na we de busy the practice economics.

Runs girl don tell you say till day break na 15k last, you tell her 10k she say make you lock up... You the form strong head like small gen.. the tell am “Can I give 10,500” undecided

I will kick her out. Na you runs girl fit bully. LOL

I am possibly the biggest Sancho fan here but that does not mean we should just pay WHATEVER Dortmund want.

If Man Utd had endless funds like PSG and Man City maybe, but from what Woodward said and from our transfer window so far funds are limited SO the money should be spent wisely.

Paying too much for Sancho means possibly not strengthening elsewhere. With the way other clubs have gone about their transfer window this off season Sancho and VDB alone won't be enough.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2020
afrodoc2:
[/b]

I am possibly the biggest Sancho fan here but that does not mean we should just pay WHATEVER Dortmund want.

If Man Utd had endless funds like PSG and Man City maybe, but from what Woodward said and from our transfer window so far funds are limited SO the money should be spent wisely.

Paying too much for Sancho means possibly not strengthening elsewhere. With the way other clubs have gone about their transfer window this off season Sancho and VDB alone won't be enough.
Where is the lie? I see only truth...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

That was the reason Chelsea announced Havertz as 72m pounds even when Leverkusen are insisting they sold him for €100m. They refuse to give that tag "record signing" that tag brings too much scrutiny for any EPL team, let alone a global behemoth like United. 90m is ok for Sancho. We can even do a Chelsea and lower the price during Announcement. Without pressure I am certain Sancho will succeed, but with pressure hmmm. I am afraid.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Spot on

I can remember before the lockdown when I said the incoming of Sancho will stall Greenwood development cos he'll have to start every game considering the amount we want to splash on him

Sancho is a quality player but the fee is too much

Players from Dortmund haven't really impressed me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Apart from Auba and One American guy in blue Jersey. Lol

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2020
afrodoc2:
[/b]

but we aren’t doing that, we still the chook head put..Dortmund wants to sell for a prize we don’t agree with, the logical thing to do is to look else where.. but we still the form agidi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
patrickmuf:
I am happy this is coming from you who have pushed that we sign him up...

It's funny seeing other fans here asking that we pay up whatever it takes...

Other fans are waiting for us to enter the gbege, so that epic memes will emerge. Even if we buy him that amount, we should just say, undisclosed fee.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
elrony:

And stay relatively injury free cheesy
Very important
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
CapitalCee:

Apart from Auba and One American guy in blue Jersey. Lol
Only Auba has impressed me so far

The other one that got benched because main man Sancho was in the team cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
weedtaker:
but we aren’t doing that, we still the chook head put..Dortmund wants to sell for a prize we don’t agree with, the logical thing to do is to look else where.. but we still the form agidi.

Well i agree with you that there is the option of looking elsewhere. I think what is happening is Woodward and Dortmund are waiting to see who blinks first.
My suspicion is that we will get him late in the transfer window for just less than 100m pounds. I don't want that 100m pound tag.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
elrony:

I think say na him partners we wan replace undecided
Ahh some are asking for his head o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Only Auba has impressed me so far

The other one that got benched because main man Sancho was in the team cheesy

He has been good at Chelsea though so far.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
CapitalCee:

You are correct. Sha

Issa simpu sturvs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
patrickmuf:
Last season, our forward line which didn't even start the season together posed similar stat to that of Liverpool meaning that if our defense hold their own and our midfield chip in with a few goals, we'd be right up there...

With a CB and LB (our most vulnerable position last season) in addition to VDB and possibly Tiago, we'd have plugged the gaping issues in defense and lack of quality bench to replace Pogba and Bruno...

I agree we need another attacker preferably a RWF but if it means signing one will see close shop for the window, I suggest we bolster other areas of the team with the same amount or even less...

Fair point...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
eph12:

Ahh some are asking for his head o

Not some. Many. Some are even saying Lindelof is better than him. When clearly Maguire is head and shoulders above him. Na that 80m cause the wahala

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
weedtaker:

Dem dey beat market come down 4k sef
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
CapitalCee:

Rashford never had a long off form period. Go and check his 2019, he was scoring almost every match when Ole came in, have you forgotten PSG? Last season (2019 leg) Rashford scored 19 goals before January this year. So he was never trolled. Unlike Lingard.
Moreover, in terms of Maturity it's very hard to get a player of Rashford age as mature as he is. In that aspect he is far better than Sancho

You missed the point sha, was pointing out that maturity has nothing to do with age, Rashy embodies maturity than Lingard who's older
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
CapitalCee:

He has been good at Chelsea though so far.
Yeah he has tried... No doubt

But out of all the Dortmund sales... Auba seems to be the only one performing well

Dembele would have been better but injury
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
eph12:

LOL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
eph12:

Deacon o!!! sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
#OleOUT
#OleOUT

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

LOL.

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8408) (8409) (8410) (8411) (8412) (8413) (8414) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.