Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8734960 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8452) (8453) (8454) (8455) (8456) (8457) (8458) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ennyjay72(m): 9:26am On Sep 14, 2020
chidexxy007:
But you bought the one he benched for more than half his quoted sum..

Sense too far from una
Did I insult you?
why is ur brain malfunctioning?
can't you just talk without insulting people
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ennyjay72(m): 9:26am On Sep 14, 2020
chidexxy007:
But you bought the one he benched for more than half his quoted sum..

Sense too far from una
Did I insult you?
why is ur brain malfunctioning?
can't you just talk without insulting people
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 9:47am On Sep 14, 2020
spillo1:

LMFAO......Luiz adriano once scored 9 champions league goals and he was an average player. Your point is mute. Now the question remains " how is Sancho overrated but haaland is not?
Who cares about Sancho, tell us why you think a young striker with 10 UCL goals in a season is overrated, he didn't even cross RO16 o. Yoonited people, tueeh! I guess Martial is the real striker cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:49am On Sep 14, 2020
engrelvis:
there seems to b no understanding BTW Alli,Kane n son.
Alli is bang average...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 9:53am On Sep 14, 2020
BikeMan:
Who cares about Sancho, tell us why you think a young striker with 10 UCL goals in a season is overrated, he didn't even cross RO16 o. Yoonited people, tueeh! I guess Martial is the real striker cheesy
Wtf are you even typing. This is the initial post you quoted. Now tell me anything sensible you have written in relation to it.

spillo1:

LMFAO...... What makes you think spending 130million on haaland is a better deal than spending 108million on Sancho and how is Sancho overrated but haaland is not?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 9:54am On Sep 14, 2020
OGS is furious over the lack of signings.
Before the window started, OGS told Woodward that United must do their business fast and expect all signings to be done before training resumed. He was very adamant about this, since this is the shortest preseason ever.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 9:54am On Sep 14, 2020
OGS have spoken to Woodward again. He have made it clear to Woodward that United will not compete with Liverpool, City and Chelsea this season with the current squad. OGS is stunned over the lack of ambition and was very direct in conversations with Ed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 9:55am On Sep 14, 2020
He hopes that this conversation will speed up the process.
United can bring in Sancho and Regulión fast if spending is approved. All aspects of both of deals are agreed (no medical), so United just need to pay the money.

Real (Regulión) and Porto (Telles) is pushing for decision
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:56am On Sep 14, 2020
BikeMan:
Shut up dude. When you cannot back your false claims up, you resort to this. Let's know the number of Academy products you've integrated into your first team in the last century, since you are now Ajax.

Can't believe i am breaking the golden rule, but.......................................

Players who were Manchester United academy graduates this century and were integrated into the team well enough to have at least 50 league appearances for the club.

1) Darren Fletcher 223

2) Marcus Rashford 142

3) Jesse Lingard 133

4) Jonny Evans 131

5) Paul Pogba 111

6) Danny Welbeck 92

7) Scott McTominay 58

8 ) Tom Cleverley 55

9) Adnan Januzaj 50

Players who were Chelshit academy graduates this century and were integrated into the team well enough to have at least 50 league appearances for the club.

1) Andreas Christensen 57

2) Ruben Loftus-Cheek 53

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 14, 2020
I laugh in OGS is not serious... What is the problem with this our board sef, they really want us to play catch up again and blame it on Ole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 14, 2020
I'll still say it again, if not for Van de Sar, maybe we won't still have signed anyone by now. Bunch of incompetent twats.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 14, 2020
afrodoc2:

Can't believe i am breaking the golden rule, but.......................................

He finally got to you grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 10:21am On Sep 14, 2020
Ravioli:
OGS is furious over the lack of signings.
Before the window started, OGS told Woodward that United must do their business fast and expect all signings to be done before training resumed. He was very adamant about this, since this is the shortest preseason ever.
"OGS is not complaining"
"OGS is too quiet"
"OGS should come out and talk"
"OGS is comfortable with the squad"
Yen yen yen yen yen undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 14, 2020
handelex:
I'll still say it again, if not for Van de Sar, maybe we won't still have signed anyone by now. Bunch of incompetent twats.

This is the truth.

VDS just decided to help us out of love grin

Maybe by now, those who were defending the board might begin to see what the complaint is about. Except ofcourse, you decide to remain headstrong in your perspective.

After all that happened last season, United has signed just one player. And the new season has already started.

Na here we dey grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:23am On Sep 14, 2020
GloryIsaac:

He finally got to you grin

Mea Culpa. Just when i thought i was out, they pull me back in!

I just could not sit and watch one person exude so much ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:25am On Sep 14, 2020
spillo1:

LMFAO......Luiz adriano once scored 9 champions league goals and he was an average player. Your point is mute. Now the question remains " how is Sancho overrated but haaland is not?
Adriano was not average, he wasn't disciplined enough and that cost him his career...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 14, 2020
afrodoc2:

Mea Culpa. Just when i thought i was out, they pull me back in!

I just could not sit and watch one person exude so much ignorance.

cheesy grin grin Don’t stress it.. let him continue grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:27am On Sep 14, 2020
patrickmuf:
Adriano was not average, he wasn't disciplined enough and that cost him his career...

Luiz Adriano of Shakhtar NOT Adriano The Emperor.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 10:28am On Sep 14, 2020
ennyjay72:
130m to test? dfkm
Haaland is not in the market for all we know, testing them with £130m might change tinz...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 14, 2020
Ferguson is the reason these guys on top were not discovered early.. he was an excellent coach.

I hope in spite of their gross incompetence, that OGS can miraculously pull a Ferguson for us.

EOD.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 10:30am On Sep 14, 2020
patrickmuf:
I am not referring to the main Brazilian Adriano. Luiz Adriano played for Shakhtar Donetsk.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:32am On Sep 14, 2020
GloryIsaac:
Ferguson is the reason these guys on top were not discovered early.. he was an excellent coach.

I hope in spite of their gross incompetence, that OGS can miraculously pull a Ferguson for us.

EOD.

Ferguson/Gill combination was so good. Worst mistake made was the 2 leaving at the same time.

I have been on Woodward's case since 2013/2014. The very first transfer window told me all i needed to know about the guy.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:33am On Sep 14, 2020
afrodoc2:

Luiz Adraino of Shakhtar NOT Adriano The Emperor.
Okay, 8 thought it was the Brazilian Adriano.
spillo1:

I am not referring to the main Brazilian Adriano. Luiz Adriano played for Shakhtar Donetsk.
Okay...I rate Haaland highly because I have seen him doing it at Salzburg and when he joined Dortmund he continued and now he is doing it for the Norwegian national team...That guy is not overrated, not at all...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:39am On Sep 14, 2020
CapitalCee:

Bros nobody is saying dont spend on Sancho. If you are going buy him, buy him and let everyone rest. If not use the money and buy where we need covers. As it is now. We need a fast and competent CB, we need an attacking LB, our fullback positions are dead attackwise, then a RW.

We have gotten VDB, even if we sign Sancho for €120m, are we ok? Will Sancho give us the league? Many people have said it here especially Patrickmuff, we need quality options across the pitch, blowing 120m on Sancho alone is insane, where we need to cover other areas of the pitch. Nobody is saying don't sign Sancho. No matter how you will want to put it, Sancho is another quality forward player like Martial, Rashford etc and nothing more.

No one is saying that buying only Sancho would solve our problems,I'm not really confident in ogs,but he at least deserves to get his targets and show what he can do..Sancho is his first choice,besides I don't really think the cb position is as pressing as that,priority should be Sancho and reguillion,ffs we claim we are the biggest club in the world,then they should act like it..our front line is just one injury away from James returning to the starting 11
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 10:41am On Sep 14, 2020
Lordfranklin:

How Dortmund were able to get Haaland that cheap still surprises me till this moment.
Their were report that we were interested in 16 years old Jude Bellingham and it was said that Birmingham city was asking for £50m. Guess how much Dortmund signed him eventually, the people incharge of transfer had turned Utd to a Maga club until the Bruno deal apparently...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:45am On Sep 14, 2020
Mourinho has openly come out to say that he expects Spurs to sign a striker...That's an indirect way of pressuring the board.

As much as I don't like Mourinho's approach most times, I love him for his frankness...Ole should come out and demand for new additions to the squad just so the fans know who to blame at the end of the day. I am waiting for his press conference before our game this weekend and I hope he'll be asked if he is okay with the squad at his disposal heading into the new season. If he defends the board by saying he can prosecute the season with the players at his disposal then he should be ready to get the stick if things go south.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KaiHavertz: 10:48am On Sep 14, 2020
grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 10:54am On Sep 14, 2020
Who have seen this, interesting read. EPL clubs and their financing

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1305397873803177984

cc afrodoc2
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:01am On Sep 14, 2020
dubylhover:

No one is saying that buying only Sancho would solve our problems,I'm not really confident in ogs,but he at least deserves to get his targets and show what he can do..Sancho is his first choice,besides I don't really think the cb position is as pressing as that,priority should be Sancho and reguillion,ffs we claim we are the biggest club in the world,then they should act like it..our front line is just one injury away from James returning to the starting 11
Please let's look at things from another perspective, Lampard and Chelsea have signed Ziyech, Werner, Havertz, Chiwell for the same amount we used to sign Maguire, Wan-Bissaka, Dan James and Bruno. Chelsea even got two CBs on a free with Silva taking a huge pay cut to sign for them...

I know it's early days but you can't look past the signings Chelsea have made with a similar outlay to ours last season. Now we are chasing another expensive player that won't plug all the holes in our team. Pep spends a lot of money but most times he signs plahers around the 50m mark. For 108m, Pep will most likely get 2-3 very good players but no, we should spend same amount on just one player.

Maguire we signed for 80m hasn't proven to be twice the player Smalling is individually nor has he showned that he is twice the player Lindelof is. We are stuck with him now. Imagine looking for another CB a season after signing one for 80m. Do you think Joe Gomez is better than Lindelof? If Joe Gomez plays alongside Maguire, we will be quick to throw him under the bus but at Liverpool, with Van Dijk beside him, he looks good...

For 108m, we will get Neres, Reguilon, Tiago (Not a necessity), Upamecano or any other CB etc. Or we can get Neres and Douglas Costa in hope that one of them blossoms. If you sign Neres for 30-40m and he flops, we can quietly lick our wounds and move on but for 108m, I tell you it will be painful. I don't even want to talk about the added pressure that comes with such amount.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:01am On Sep 14, 2020
chidexxy007:

cc afrodoc2

LMAO. This is what we were saying but our shareholders and financial experts here have a different opinion.

#Glazersaretrying.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:03am On Sep 14, 2020
chidexxy007:

cc afrodoc2
This pretty much explains in details the earlier argument.

Imagine, Chelsea have £440m funding from their owners in the last 5 years, followed by Everton at £299m, Villa at £193m, Fulham at £186m, Brighton at £160m & City at £142m.

But the opposite is ManUtd's case.. Na God go epp the club las las cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 14, 2020
afrodoc2:

Ferguson/Gill combination was so good. Worst mistake made was the 2 leaving at the same time.

I have been on Woodward's case since 2013/2014. The very first transfer window told me all i needed to know about the guy.

It’s so disappointing.

After all the talk about revamping the squad and improving depth ahead of the new season, this is what we’re being served.

One would naturally think that United will go out to build on last season, but new season has already started, and we have only VDB. A player given to us on a platter.

This means that if Ajax decided to really play the negotiation game, United will not have signed any player by now.

OGS just has to pull a Fergie, there’s no other way round it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8452) (8453) (8454) (8455) (8456) (8457) (8458) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.