Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,789 members, 7,862,611 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:46 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8869863 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8551) (8552) (8553) (8554) (8555) (8556) (8557) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
raumdeuter:

When you watch Pulisic, Aubameyang what are you able to deduce?
Their style of play is more direct, perfect fit for the EPL...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
Leyqute:

You get time.

One loss on opening day and everyone is having a meltdown. What were you expecting ?

A week ago these same people were the ones lamenting about the lack of transfer activity as other teams were strengthening considerably.

You want to win the league but you don’t want to buy players.

The Liverpools and Man Citys who are way ahead of us and have a better squad are strengthening. Everton, Chelsea, Wolves, etc are also strengthening.

But no, your starting XI is the second best 21-man squad in the league.

Same players who are known to drop disasterclasses from time to time irrespective of their managers - LvG, Mourinho, OGS.

The manager is the easy target.

I’m not going to hold brief for OGS - he Dey Bleep up well well, but if you think replacing United’s coach with Naggelsmann or Pochetrino or any other shiny thing will bring success after one season, you are a joker. They may have a good first season and then they will be hung out to dry.

The United manager is bleeped, irrespective of who he is with that board and owner.

Last season was the second best league campaign we’ve had post-Fergie. This TW should be a very busy one. But they are monitoring players up and down like Lizard.

It’s Deja Vu all over.

Mourinho’s eighty-something points 2nd position is the best league campaign we’ve had post Fergie. The next season things crumbled. Why?

I’m not supporting Mourinho or his style of play here but the fact is that this same board refused to buy him players. They were too expensive, innit?

Okay.

Give Olé 10 games and sack him. Then bring in your preferred coach. After having a good first season, you think this board will back him and buy his players? You think some fans won’t say he didnt submit a transfer list?

For sure, this situation will repeat itself!

Why does United take 2 steps backwards whenever it seems like they’ve taken a step forward? Think about it.

———-

My point? This problem doesn’t have a single solution. You can blame the coach all you want - there’s actually a lot of blames to go around- but the only constant thing at the club post SAF are the Glazers, Ed and the board. Maybe they are the reason SAF retired sef.

Make of that what you want.

And then you people need to cool down your pants whenever United lose a match. Your club’s investment in its team is not proportional to how much money it makes. It’s the opposite. So what were you expecting ??

How go take dash this post 1million likes na wetin I still dey reason, Abi na to create 1 million moniker ??

You say the whole thing, most people no go still understand Sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 3:43pm On Sep 21, 2020
� — A source close to Manchester United's market activity said there has been a 'shift' in their movement over the weekend. United accept the need for a new left-back has become more pressing & are receptive to recruiting a centre half before deadline day #mufc #mujournal

[MEN]

Guys this one is new
'Shift FC' cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
eph12:

Playing well and losing is a different thing. They played exactly how they played most of last season which was bad. No creativity, no ideas, poor movement, no aggressiveness, poor attitude, poor mentality, and so on. We have shown on many occasions that we can play much better than that, so excuse me if I tell you that I want a manager that will demand their blood anytime they step onto the field. A manager that will be passionate about their displays on the field. Even baba Fergie was always animated on the touchline when things are not going to plan from the first few minutes or so. But our SAF + Pep + Mourinho + Klopp 4 in 1 will be sat down there because he has all the best players in the world and he trusts them to kill every match. I tell you that what this guy needs are the best players in every position to get anything consistent from his team.

Towards the end of last season, we were blaming Rashford's style on the field on the injury. I guess the injury is still there

Through out last season mention one game we played this poorly where all our attackers got zero shots on target and I will wait. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 3:51pm On Sep 21, 2020
Joezinho:
Evra: "Some people say because Ole doesn't have a big CV that he's not the man. Ole is the man, he is the man right now! He brings back our philosophy."

Smh. Which yeye philosophy?Our philosophy of fighting for top 4 and being 33 points behind our rivals whilst they walk away with a league title?

Who decided to start James ahead of Greenwood if not Ole? Who shockingly started Mensah instead of AWB if not Ole? Who left Pogba on the pitch for so long when he was busy all night giving the ball away with useless dribbles when there's De Beek on the bench!

All these oldies should respect themselves abeg.

#OleOut!!

We definitely need Sean Dyche angry angry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
engrelvis:
y d f...vk is ole still allowing him to play?Either there is an English agenda or ole doesn't d balls to bench non performing players
Who replaces him ?

Headless James ??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2020
MY VIEW SHA

Last season ole sorted out our defense by buying wan bissaka and Maguire, guess he never knew Lindelof will become headless now I see why Mourinho started benching him.

This transfer window wetin I think dey ole mind na attack but our yeye board no wan back am

So if rashford chop injury na headless James we go dey see so lord have mercy. angry

Someone said we should get Sean Dyche Sha that he will win us the league, but I prefer Graham potter cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
patrickmuf:
Their style of play is more direct, perfect fit for the EPL...

Suddenly its no longer about the space they are afforded?
you just realize the space they give attackers in the EPL to operate. nobody affords you that much space in the Buli.
Even Pulisic that was a Buli benchwarmer became one of the best players in Chelsea last season its no longer about space afforded

Anyway agenda must agend

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2020
DeadPresidents:

grin Rashford has not dribbled past a single defender in a while.

That's not ordinary.

Doesn't mean I don't agree that we're pretty shït at the moment.
Rashford needs space to play, he can't have that space anymore, opponents close him down too fast than he likes. What should the coach do? Why not move around and play quick passes with others instead of trying to drimble? Why not create spaces with fast movements instead?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2020
KingAlabi:

How go take dash this post 1million likes na wetin I still dey reason, Abi na to create 1 million moniker ??

You say the whole thing, most people no go still understand Sha.

That is the koko. The manager is the easiest target.

Rashford is not performing. Bench him for James. Abi?
Martial is not performing. Bench him for Ighalo. Right?

Lindelof nko? Dr. Bailly?
Bruno ‘Penandes’? Lingard and Perreira?

Bbbbbut bbbut ‘we have the second best squad in the league’. Players wey Dey disappear anytime they like.

I’m not saying all of these players are total wastepipes but 90% of them are not at the level where we want them to be in terms of consistency and maturity.

There was an instance on Saturday (we were trailing by 2 goals) where Bruno passed to Pogba and he made a wrong pass. Bruno chased the opponent vigorously, got the ball back, passed to Pogba again and what did he do? The fool made another wrong pass. Rashford nko? He has turned to Willian with those sharaka dribbles that doesn’t advance the ball at all.

A lot of thing can affect a team. The squad that showed up on Saturday were lackadaisical and looked fatigued. But options no Dey. OGS was furious on the sidelines but Wetin e wan do?

It’s not as if they are not good but they are not playing in the right conditions. There is no quality competition for places and they are being paid well.

Have you seen the video Evra released today? That’s how bad things are. Matt Judge and Ed Woodward send lawyers to negotiate deals. People who know nothing about football. What are they gonna discuss apart from money?

That’s even part of the problem, not everything.

Like I said earlier, the United manager is fvcked, whoever he is because of the owners and the board.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
Panther7:
� — A source close to Manchester United's market activity said there has been a 'shift' in their movement over the weekend. United accept the need for a new left-back has become more pressing & are receptive to recruiting a centre half before deadline day #mufc #mujournal

[MEN]

Guys this one is new
'Shift FC' cheesy cheesy

That’s what they do. They distribute rumors with nothing to show for it.

If we didn’t qualify for UCL now they’d have sacked the coach and spent another 200-300m on new players for the new coach. Useless management.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:17pm On Sep 21, 2020
eph12:

Rashford needs space to play, he can't have that space anymore, opponents close him down too fast than he likes. What should the coach do? Why not move around and play quick passes with others instead of trying to drimble? Why not create spaces with fast movements instead?

You do know that injuries have made footballers retire before?

The other time you people were blaming his poor form on being unserious. Someone who has been our hardest worker for years.

You see Rashford refusing to sprint and take on defenders in 1v1 situations and you think it is normal.

The same player that we used to criticize for running and sprinting at defenders too much now almost never does it even when the opportunity presents itself, and you think there is nothing wrong.

If you can remember back injuries was the beginning of the end for Rio as his acceleration dropped suddenly. I am really worried about Rashford because without his acceleration and speed he is just an average player.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:17pm On Sep 21, 2020
raumdeuter:

Suddenly its no longer about the space they are afforded?
you just realize the space they give attackers in the EPL to operate. nobody affords you that much space in the Buli.
Even Pulisic that was a Buli benchwarmer became one of the best players in Chelsea last season its no longer about space afforded

Anyway agenda must agend
Well, my argument was not a dig at the Bundesliga if that's what you deduced.

We all know that different leagues have their own characteristic way of playing, for instance the Italian league is slower and I don't expect a Serie A fan to go defensive if someone mentions that.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:18pm On Sep 21, 2020
eph12:

Have you seen Rashford try to make intelligent passes recently?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2020
afrodoc2:

You do know that injuries have made footballers retire before?

The other time you people were blaming his poor form on being unserious. Someone who has been our hardest worker for years.

You see Rashford refusing to sprint and take on defenders in 1v1 situations and you think it is normal.

The same player that we used to criticize for running and sprinting at defenders too much now almost never does it even when the opportunity presents itself, and you think there is nothing wrong.

If you can remember back injuries was the beginning of the end for Rio as his acceleration dropped suddenly. I am really worried about Rashford because without his acceleration and speed he is just an average player.

Maybe they should lessen the workload on Rashford. It’s too much. And it’s the cause of his injury.

He had to opt out of national duty due to this reason.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 4:25pm On Sep 21, 2020
KingAlabi:

We definitely need Sean Dyche angry angry

We need poch grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
Hahahh. Ole fan boys sha. cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2020
I don't understand some of the points I see guys drop here. Are you guys saying that with our present team we can't at least finish in the top four whilst winning one cup competition?

Manchester City have signed a back up winger and Ake who is expected to deputize for Laporte.

Liverpool have signed Tiago who is expected to replace Wjinaldum who looks on his way out and Jota as a back up for their wingers since Shaqiri is always injured.

Chelsea are spending that much because they were banned last summer and have made huge profits in sales over the past 2-3 years.

Leicester City have not really strengthened bar replacing players that have left.

The other teams will flatter to deceive...

We have signed VDB to step in for or play alongside Pogba and Bruno...

In all, whilst we need new reinforcements to challenge for the title, our present team is good enough to make top 4 whilst making a strong run in the cup competition. If Rashford is off form, Ole should tweak the formation to have Rashford on the bench and VDB starting in a 4-4-2 diamond or play 3-5-2 as he did sometimes last season. We mustn't play 4-3-3 all the time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2020
KingAlabi:
MY VIEW SHA

Last season ole sorted out our defense by buying wan bissaka and Maguire, guess he never knew Lindelof will become headless now I see why Mourinho started benching him.

This transfer window wetin I think dey ole mind na attack but our yeye board no wan back am

So if rashford chop injury na headless James we go dey see so lord have mercy. angry

Someone said we should get Sean Dyche Sha that he will win us the league, but I prefer Graham potter cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy You guys are funny aswearugod.

He never knew? I guess he's a national team coach that doesn't train with His players daily.

The same lindelof that has never dropped a masterclass?

No one suggested we should sign Dyche. I only mentioned coaches better than your MCM..

Wit this same united players at his disposal, he might do better than ole. Afterall he never led an epl team to the championship.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
Transfers per season before SAF left.

City were spending massively during this period to build a top team.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
Joezinho:

He never knew? I guess he's a national team coach that doesn't train with His players daily.

No one suggested we should sign Dyche. I only mentioned coaches better than your MCM..

Wit this same united players at his disposal, he might do better than ole. Afterall he never led an epl team to the championship.

Since Dyche is better than Ole why not sign him for United? He’s clearly better so he will do a better job.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2020
Joezinho:

cheesy cheesy You guys are funny I aswearugod.

I saw your list and to be honest, I don't think you're spot on. I will pick Rodgers, Arteta and Nuno ahead of Ole.

Potters and Wilder will be judged at end of the season.

Pep, Klopp, Mou and Ancelotti are levels ahead of Ole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:43pm On Sep 21, 2020
Yet Mou was sacked after a torrid time at United.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 4:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
Well, whether Olè or whatever, the players are too slow in transition. They pass pass and pass spending more time in the half instead of running and playing fast football.

If you check our few matches when Bruno came, we upped our games with fast football but suddenly, everything went south.

I'm afraid of the next few matches... Because we've lazy players.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 4:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
Leyqute:

That is the koko. The manager is the easiest target.

Rashford is not performing. Bench him for James. Abi?
Martial is not performing. Bench him for Ighalo. Right?

Lindelof nko? Dr. Bailly?
Bruno ‘Penandes’? Lingard and Perreira?

Bbbbbut bbbut ‘we have the second best squad in the league’. Players wey Dey disappear anytime they like.

I’m not saying all of these players are total wastepipes but 90% of them are not at the level where we want them to be in terms of consistency and maturity.

There was an instance on Saturday (we were trailing by 2 goals) where Bruno passed to Pogba and he made a wrong pass. Bruno chased the opponent vigorously, got the ball back, passed to Pogba again and what did he do? The fool made another wrong pass. Rashford nko? He has turned to Willian with those sharaka dribbles that doesn’t advance the ball at all.

A lot of thing can affect a team. The squad that showed up on Saturday were lackadaisical and looked fatigued. But options no Dey. OGS was furious on the sidelines but Wetin e wan do?

It’s not as if they are not good but they are not playing in the right conditions. There is no quality competition for places and they are being paid well.

Have you seen the video Evra released today? That’s how bad things are. Matt Judge and Ed Woodward send lawyers to negotiate deals. People who know nothing about football. What are they gonna discuss apart from money?

That’s even part of the problem, not everything.

Like I said earlier, the United manager is fvcked, whoever he is because of the owners and the board.

I certainly gonna creat that 1 million moniker cheesy

You made my day man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 4:49pm On Sep 21, 2020
patrickmuf:
I saw your list and to be honest, I don't think you're spot on. I will pick Rodgers, Arteta and Nuno ahead of Ole.

Potters and Wilder will be judged at end of the season.

Pep, Klopp, Mou and Ancelotti are levels ahead of Ole.

Alright sir. But don't you think taking a club from league one to the epl in the space of three seasons and establishing the club as one of the top 8 clubs in the league is a feat ole can't even dream of trying? Wilder did it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 4:49pm On Sep 21, 2020
Joezinho:

Even Pereira do drop masterclass

We need consistency

Out of 10 matches how many matches does Lindelof makes an error?

Is poch better than van gaal and Mourinho
I need your answer

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2020
Joezinho:

Alright sir. But don't you think taking a club from league one to the epl in the space of three seasons and establishing the club as one of the top 8 clubs in the league is a feat ole can't even dream of trying? Wilder did it.
guess who else did that

Southampton's current coach cheesy

I guess we should employ him also

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2020
This.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2020
KingAlabi:

Even Pereira do drop masterclass

We need consistency

Out of 10 matches how many matches does Lindelof makes an error?

Is poch better than van gaal and Mourinho
I need your answer

Bros Lindelof lacks that physicality and knowing when to go for the tackle...

Attackers know that and that's why they always make a go at him.
AWB wasn't on the pitch to help him out. Baba
Na d weakest link..

First goal against Sevilla and Palace wouldn't have happened if he stood his ground.

He's Scandinavian just like the Ladan bosso we have as coach thats why he is evn playing.

Poch isn't better than mou and LVG but he's better than what we have atm...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
KingAlabi:
guess who else did that

Southampton's current coach cheesy

I guess we should employ him also

Employ him? Hell no!! I am not rooting for just any coach. Poch is my only candidate.

I was just tryna explain to doc when he said no coach amongst the top 5 is better than ole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2020
Joezinho:

Bros Lindelof lacks that physicality and knowing when to go for the tackle...

Attackers know that and that's why they always make a go at him.
AWB wasn't on the pitch to help him out. Baba
Na d weakest link..

First goal against Sevilla and Palace wouldn't have happened if he stood his ground.

He's Scandinavian just like the Ladan bosso we have as coach thats why he is evn playing.

Poch isn't better than mou and LVG but he's better than what we have atm...

Mou and LVG didn't take us to the top what makes you think poch will

(1) (2) (3) ... (8551) (8552) (8553) (8554) (8555) (8556) (8557) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Lana1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.