Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,904 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:28 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8734) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8861704 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8731) (8732) (8733) (8734) (8735) (8736) (8737) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2020
odizeey:

Them go soon nab in 6months time. cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2020
Leyqute:

Okay chief.

You want to enter long thing. LOL

Someone whose arguments about Pogba are emotive rather than analytical.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

There is a reason Pep sold Navas and could not get him to perform like Sterling or the Silvas. There is a reason Pep has been recycling left backs like a Green Party member.

You can't give what you don't have. No coach can infuse a player with talent. it is God given.

The AWB i saw at Crystal Palace was too poor technically and nothing any human can do can really change it. He has actually improved a bit but he is coming from such a low level that it is still pointless.

Solskjaer's mistake was going for him in the first place. He will never be good going forward. No be curse. It is what it is.

Hmmmm, so AWB wants to be useless and unfortunate sha. Do you think Fergie can do something to improve the guy?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:21pm On Oct 06, 2020
odizeey:

Them go soon nab in 6months time. cheesy

As in, better nabbing grin grin

Is this you things grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:22pm On Oct 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

Forget sabotage sef. Why would Ole be a good technical director?

Some people think these jobs are so easy you can just walk into the office and start doing them with neither experience nor aptitude.

Because he is a Utd legend, reason some people in here still believe that he is the right manager for the team. We just need to get him 11 players, so he can perform. We are almost there sha (signing 11 new players) cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:26pm On Oct 06, 2020
BlueAngel444:
why Na, just look ur first XI smile cheesy

Rashford Greenwood Cavani
Pogba Bruno VDB
Telles, Baily, Maguire, AWB
De Gea

just make sure u forget Ole is d manager grin
undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2020
eph12:

Telles has not even played yet o

So you want him to flop? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

Facts though, himself know, no worry I go find the stats.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:31pm On Oct 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

LooL. Weedtaker js a huge fan of Pogba. Arguing with him about Dablord is futile. It’s like getting Patrick to agree that Martial has been crap for Utd as a striker. He no go gree tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:31pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

Hmmmm, so AWB wants to be useless and unfortunate sha. Do you think Fergie can do something to improve the guy?

Not enough to play the role of a modern day fullback. His football technique is worse than any fullback that i can recall playing for us during Fergie's era, and this was an era in which fullbacks didn't require excellent technique.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:32pm On Oct 06, 2020
Leyqute:

LooL. Weedtaker js a huge fan of Pogba. Arguing with him about Dablord is futile. It’s like getting Patrick to agree that Martial he been crap for Utd as a forward. tongue
I’m his Fan, he’s been pants this past few games, that I agree, but let’s not act like he hasn’t performed well for Manchester United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:32pm On Oct 06, 2020
Expert17:

As in, better nabbing grin grin

Is this you things grin

Omo. Some people no get joy.

Just go back some pages, you go see things wen go shock you.

No one knows tomorrow.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 1:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
Starkizito:

He's a club legend and his influence can be used to close off deals in the future.
Not only him(Ole) the likes of 'dem Beckham,Evra.etc can hold that down,imagine a club as big as united sends out lawyers to go seal transfer deals.

Now imagine if you are sancho and Beckham comes calling you won't you force a move by all means sir?
How many good close off deals has his influence help us with? Is ole really legend at man utd? With exceptions of last minutes goal he scored against Bayern in 1999 ueafa championsfinal finals,what really made him a legend? Because he was a part of d treble winning team?He was more or less a fringe player.He is nt a legend

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

See you, it's a corporate/business world. Forget passion and love for the club.

Why did Fergie leave without a plan for the club, why did Gill decide to follow him? Better just keep to your 'up manu' chants.

Lukatew!
I consider this your take on Fergie a conspiracy theory. So you honestly believe Fergie will sabotage the future success of the club just to preserve his god status? If anything sef, that's a dent on his legacy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

So, who should be sealing transfer deals? You think OGS can negotiate and finalise transfers, siddon there.

The best a football director with no business or negotiation experience can do is identify and recommend players, you need negotiators and lawyers to close the deal.

You think say Evra get sense?

����
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
handelex:
I consider this your take on Fergie a conspiracy theory. So you honestly believe Fergie will sabotage the future success of the club just to preserve his god status? If anything sef, that's a dent on his legacy.

Why did he recommend us David Moyes? Why did Gill follow him?

Fergie brought us to where we are today (the top), but he should have helped develop a succession plan, he was with Utd for how many decades?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
engrelvis:
How many good close off deals has his influence help us with? Is ole really legend at man utd? With exceptions of last minutes goal he scored against Bayern in 1999 ueafa championsfinal finals,what really made him a legend? Because he was a part of d treble winning team?He was more or less a fringe player.He is nt a legend

��Ole has suffered on NL

He should just calmly resign but he tried tho at the beginning.
He's only defect is the fact that he can't adapt quickly if his tactics are discovered,he can't tweak it. C'mon look at the way we flogged teams during Project Restart na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:40pm On Oct 06, 2020
engrelvis:

Tell them o. Our ex-players also believe he is a legend, reason they keep defending him.

But, you get bad mouth sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2020
engrelvis:
Lol... Engr this your take is very funny.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

Fergie brought us to where we are today (the top), but he should have helped develop a succession plan, he was with Utd for how many decades?
l totally agree with u on dis.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2020
Oh so all companies in the corporate world are run the same way? If he becomes the director and the manager fails, will he not receive some of the blame as well and probably get fired. you have a very narrow view on these issues, and you do not consider that other arguments based on perspectives different from yours may be more likely. You are are talking as if you are a CEO of a company, and are well versed in such matters, but you are not, obviously. Quite ocndescending honestly, to think some are just 'up manu' fans and you belong to the class of men with such big business minds. cheesy
The last questions you asked are good questions. But do not presume you know why they happened. Maybe they didn't have a plan. Maybe they were out of touch with the new age. Maybe if Fergie had coached for one more year, we would be talking about a terrible ending to Fergie's Career. Maybe he saw that much. Just maybe.
nitrogen:

See you, it's a corporate/business world. Forget passion and love for the club.

Why did Fergie leave without a plan for the club, why did Gill decide to follow him? Better just keep to your 'up manu' chants.

Lukatew!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

Tell them o. Our ex-players also believe he is a legend, reason they keep defending him.

But, you get bad mouth sha
you think OGS is not a Man United legend?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
BlueAngel444:
why Na, just look ur first XI smile cheesy

Rashford Greenwood Cavani
Pogba Bruno VDB
Telles, Baily, Maguire, AWB
De Gea

just make sure u forget Ole is d manager grin

No DM at all!

If we lose the ball in transition do you expect Pogboom to mark? A good line-up but no protection for slabhead?��For Maguire's sake drop one attacking midfielder for a defensive one then maybe just maybe when leading remove the DM to kill off the game.

4 2-1 3 OR 4-1-2-3 (433)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

I agree with you except on the fact that he purposely sabotaged our future success. He failed in that aspect no doubt but it was not to preserve his status as a legend, that will be so insecure of him cos no manager can achieve what he achieved in terms of longevity and building team after team while remaining very successful and winning trophies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2020
benji93:
Oh so all companies in the corporate world are run the same way? If he becomes the director and the manager fails, will he not receive some of the blame as well and probably get fired. you have a very narrow view on these issues, and you do not consider that other arguments based on perspectives different from yours may be more likely. You are are talking as if you are a CEO of a company, and are well versed in such matters, but you are not, obviously. Quite ocndescending honestly, to think some are just 'up manu' fans and you belong to the class of men with such big business minds. cheesy
The last questions you asked are good questions. But do not presume you know why they happened. Maybe they didn't have a plan.

Bro, I am not ready to type a long story jare. I know what I am saying. Just calm down, the ‘up manu’ thing is a joke, before you tell me to shut up tongue

Anyway, OGS as a director will be a big mistake due to reasons such as inexperience, sabotage etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2020
weedtaker:
Very funny take I tell you... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2020
weedtaker:
I’m his Fan, he’s been pants this past few games, that I agree, but let’s not act like he hasn’t performed well for Manchester United.

Not really. He’s been a disappointment this season. He was a disappointment last season and the season before that he was another disappointment. That was when, after Utd pandered to his whims, he announced publicly that he wanted to leave. And his agent is always yapping.

I’d say he played for United from his heart in his first year and maybe second. After then, na gbas gbos e Dey do. The talent is there no doubt but the mind and mentality are gone with Soukouss and the barber shop .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2020
weedtaker:

I am not sure. Of course he scored a lot of goals and helped us win the UCL in 1999.

You know what, maybe the word ‘Legend’ has been bastardized sha.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
Leyqute:

Not really. He’s been a disappointment this season. He was a disappointment last season and the season before that he was another disappointment. That was when, after Utd pandered to his whims, he announced publicly that he wanted to leave. And his agent is always yapping.

I’d say he played for United from his heart in his first year and maybe second. After then, na gbas gbos e Dey do. The talent is there no doubt but the mind and mentality are gone with Soukouss.
okay, I don’t agree with some of your views sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:53pm On Oct 06, 2020
weedtaker:
okay, I don’t agree with some of your views sha.

Alright chief
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:53pm On Oct 06, 2020
handelex:
I agree with you except on the fact that he purposely sabotaged our future success. He failed in that aspect no doubt but it was not to preserve his status as a legend, that will be so insecure of him cos no manager can achieve what he achieved in terms of longevity and building team after team while remaining very successful and winning trophies.

Was Pep available or not at the time he announced his retirement? Not sure it was a selfish stuff, it was to hurt dem Glazers because no one ever liked them since they took over ownership.

Don’t mind me, I just did not like what Fergie did to us, he messed up!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

I am not sure. Of course he scored a lot of goals and helped us win the UCL in 1999.

You know what, maybe the word ‘Legend’ has been bastardized sha.
he’s a Legend, I still think he should leave if things don’t turn around before January.

Abeg make I port go ashawo thread, be like na international week we de enter so.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8731) (8732) (8733) (8734) (8735) (8736) (8737) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: kizolo(m), toluxe0075, CrystalTiger(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.