Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,397 members, 7,861,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:54 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8863473 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8732) (8733) (8734) (8735) (8736) (8737) (8738) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 1:56pm On Oct 06, 2020
Oh so now you see. When i mentioned sometime earlier that the "shut up" thing was a joke, some said it doesn't matter. It's not right to say that. but you can subtly tell some fans that they are 'up manu' fans- which subtly means they are not smart, and do not know how business works- and call it a joke. grin. you see that's kind of pretentious. And don't worry i won't shut you up. grin. As i understand there are a lot of leders here. grin
Now, the bolded is probably true. That's a better argument. But not necessarily. But Van Der Sar wasn't quite experience when he was made a technical director at Ajax. Some people would even go as far as saying that, 'No, don't make him the technicla directorm he was the goal keeper'. The last i checked he's done quite well. Stop tacking on 'sabotage' as a reason, cheesy cos it will most likely bite him in the ass. The job of a technical director is different from that of a coach. It will be obvious if all he does is sabotage the manager.
nitrogen:

Bro, I am not ready to type a long story jare. I know what I am saying. Just calm down, the ‘up manu’ thing is a joke, before you tell me to shut up tongue

Anyway, OGS as a director will be a big mistake due to reasons such as inexperience, sabotage etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
weedtaker:
he’s a Legend, I still think he should leave if things don’t turn around before January.

Abeg make I port go ashawo thread, be like na international week we de enter so.

Haha, this international break na die. Enjoy the erotic stories jare.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

I am not sure. Of course he scored a lot of goals and helped us win the UCL in 1999.

You know what, maybe the word ‘Legend’ has been bastardized sha.

He is a United legend. His coaching failures can't take away from his legacy as a striker. he scored loads of goals on limited minutes, playing as a sub for several years without causing trouble.

He scored the single most important goal in our history IMO.

He is and has always been listed amongst the legends in the official website.

Quite disrespectful to question his legendary status IMO.

Solskjaer's goals for those that have forgotten, and for the indomie generation. Sorry it is so long. Took 30 minutes to fit in all his goals.
Great United striker. Average United manager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3eVIJ9dAN8

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:00pm On Oct 06, 2020
benji93:
Oh so now you see. When i mentioned sometime earlier that the "shut up" thing was a joke, some said it doesn't matter. It's not right to say that. but you can subtly tell some fans that they are 'up manu' fans- which subtly means they are not smart, and do not know how business works- and call it a joke. grin. you see that's kind of pretentious. And don't worry i won't shut you up. grin. As i understand there are a lot of leders here. grin
Now, the bolded is probably true. That's a better argument. Stop tacking on 'sabotage' as a reason, cheesy cos it will most likely bite him in the ass. The job of a technical director is different from that of a coach. It will be obvious if all he does is sabotage the manager.

Lol, don’t you think he can do it and get away with it? Most times, managers get sacked not directors, also, he is a utd ‘legend’.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 2:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

Tell them o. Our ex-players also believe he is a legend, reason they keep defending him.

But, you get bad mouth sha
is nt really issue of bad mouth. I v been a fan since early nineties. Whenever I travel to dat part I normally go there to watch dem live.I can still vividly remember d tingling when David Beckham played his first match for us.Dis was a legend in making.Ole was never really fergie first eleven
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

Was Pep available or not at the time he announced his retirement? Not sure it was a selfish stuff, it was to hurt dem Glazers because no one ever liked them since they took over ownership.

Don’t mind me, I just did not like what Fergie did to us, he messed up!

Stop spreading misinformation even if you are joking. More ignorant people would take it as gospel.

Fergie visited Pep in New York around Christmas 2012 in order to convince him to take over in 2013. Pep said no that he already had an agreement with Bayern.

Bobby Charlton who hated JM blocked Mourinho who was Ferguson's 2nd choice.

It was after this that Moyes name up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:04pm On Oct 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

He is a United legend. His coaching failures can't take away from his legacy as a striker. he scored loads of goals on limited minutes, playing as a sub for several years without causing trouble.

Solskjaer's goals for those that have forgotten, and for the indomie generation. Sorry it is so long. Took 30 minutes to fit in all his goals.

But, how come he was only a sub almost throughout his time at Utd? Manager’s strategy/tactic?

He became really popular because of 1999. If Hanandez had stayed for like 10 years as a sub striker, would you have called him a legend as well? Don’t forget he scored lots of goals + he scored crucial goals on UCL nights.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

Was Pep available or not at the time he announced his retirement? Not sure it was a selfish stuff, it was to hurt dem Glazers because no one ever liked them since they took over ownership.

Don’t mind me, I just did not like what Fergie did to us, he messed up!
Well David Moyes was never his first choice as to who will replace him, Pep had already decided to go to Bayern, Klopp was contacted and he turned us down, so Fergie settled for Moyes and asked the fans to back him... the rest as they say is history.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 2:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
Good question again. cheesy. And that's correct. mostly, managers get the sack, but it may because the job of a technical director is not as difficult as that of the manager. Also the success of a team depends mostly on the manager According to history, between the two, who is the success of the team attributed to? You rarely hear the name of the director, unless he comes in and revolutionizes the system.
nitrogen:

Lol, don’t you think he can do it and get away with it? Most times, managers get sacked not directors, also, he is a utd ‘legend’.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

Stop spreading misinformation even if you are joking. More ignorant people would take it as gospel.

Fergie visited Pep in New York around Christmas 2012 in order to convince him to take over in 2013. Pep said no that he already had an agreement with Bayern.

Bobby Charlton who hated JM blocked Mourinho who was Ferguson's 2nd choice.

It was after this that Moyes name up.

Pep did not tell him no, in fact Pep said that Fergie did not mention it to him, reason he took the Bayern offer.

Quite possible that Fergie was too proud/big to ask him directly sha.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:11pm On Oct 06, 2020
benji93:
Good question again. cheesy. And that's correct. mostly, managers get the sack, but it may because the job of a technical director is not as difficult as that of the manager. Also the success of a team depends mostly on the manager According to history, between the two, who is the success of the team attributed to? You rarely hear the name of the director, unless he comes in and revolutionizes the system.
So what makes you think that a TD cannot sabotage the activities of a manager without any impact on his own career?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

But, how come he was only a sub almost throughout his time at Utd? Manager’s strategy/tactic?

He became really popular because of 1999. If Hanandez has stayed for like 10 years as a sub striker, would you have called him a legend as well? Don’t forget he scored lots of goals + he scored crucial goals on UCL nights.

The simple answer was that in the mid to late 90s he was bought for little money and was an unknown Norwegian, Andy Cole was bought for big money, had been top scorer with Newcastle with 34 goals and was English. Cantona was obviously untouchable.

By the time Cantona left Dwight Yorke another big money signing came in, and Yorke/Cole had the best combination i ever saw in English football.

After that Fergie got Ruud who he used mainly as a lone striker. The only season Ole played up front with Ruud for an extended period he got 17 league goals.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 2:15pm On Oct 06, 2020
I never said he cannot. Or that wasn't what i meant. But can you guarantee it won't impact his career? Your point depends on that premise. And if that premise were true, i would have to agree with you. But neither you or I is sure it is.
nitrogen:

So what makes you think that a TD cannot sabotage the activities of a manager without any impact on his own career?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

Pep did not tell him no, in fact Pep said that Fergie did not mention it to him, reason he took the Bayern offer.

Quite possible that Fergie was too proud/big to ask him directly sha.

We have different sources then. I can remember that there were rumors of Pep already having a job at that time even while he was in New York and if you recall Pep was announced as Bayern Manager in January which was only a couple of weeks after Fergie visited him.

You can be sure that he was already in negotiations long before he was announced so i call B.S on Pep's claim.

Pep also did not want to come over to an ageing team like United when Bayern had a team better poised to dominate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 2:21pm On Oct 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

l dnt really understand u bro.is it d number of goals ( whether vital or nt) dat make u legend at a club?cannavaro ,d great Azzuri centre back is a legend at his club.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:22pm On Oct 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

The simple answer was that in the mid to late 90s he was bought for little money and was an unknown Norwegian, Andy Cole was bought for big money, had been top scorer with Newcastle with 34 goals and was English. Cantona was obviously untouchable.

By the time Cantona left Dwight Yorke another big money signing came in, and Yorke/Cole had the best combination i ever saw in English football.

After that Fergie got Ruud who he used mainly as a lone striker. The only season Ole played up front with Ruud for an extended period he got 17 league goals.

Thanks. Fergie never regarded him as a Starting 11 player, reason for the big signings.

What about Hernandez? He was a good sub player like Ole, only difference is he didn’t score UCL final goals. But he scored great quarterfinals and I think semifinals goals. Also, he scored 58 goals in 5 seasons, Ole scored 126 in 11 seasons.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2020
benji93:
I never said he cannot. Or that wasn't what i meant. But can you guarantee it won't impact his career? Your point depends on that premise. And if that premise were true, i would have to agree with you. But neither you or I is sure it is.

Lol, let’s stop running around like bush gods. OGS likes the managerial role, he wants to be a football manager, if you give him the TD role, and then appoint another manager, you won’t like the outcome. It’s a huge conflict.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
Transfer window don close. Everybody don go house.

Those wen spend billions don spend. Those wen make stand don make. Those wen dey regret dey regret.

Let the game begin. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

Thanks. Fergie never regarded him as a Starting 11 player, reason for the big signings.

What about Hernandez? He was a good sub player like Ole, only difference is he didn’t score UCL final goals. But he scored great quarterfinals and I think semifinals goals. Also, he scored 58 goals in 5 seasons, Ole scored 126 in 11 seasons.

I hope you are aware that Solskjaer lost 2 seasons to injury so he actually played 9 seasons in reality.

What point are you trying to make by bringing Chicharito into this?

Solskjaer played more games, spent more years, scored more goals, and scored probably the most important goal in club history. What does Chicharito have to do with it?

Being a club legend is not even about quality but about what you meant to the club and the fans. Raul is a bigger Madrid legend than Brazilian Ronaldo.

Duncan Ferguson is a bigger Everton legend than Rooney. Drogba is a bigger Chelshit legend than Shevchenko.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:36pm On Oct 06, 2020
engrelvis:
l dnt really understand u bro.is it d number of goals ( whether vital or nt) dat make u legend at a club?cannavaro ,d great Azzuri centre back is a legend at his club.

Whoever said only attackers can be legends? You don't truly understand.

Or do you want me to support my opinion that Solskjaer is a United legend by posting his tackles and interceptions? cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
melodyogonna:

You deviated from the question sha. I asked what taktiks the team was playing last season when Bruno was balling and what changed?
Maybe whatever taktiks used last season has changed. Now care to explain why all our players including Bruno are putting in rubbish performance this season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2020
engrelvis:

Its clear you never watched Ole at man utd.

We can have a conversation about Ole not being good enough to manage man utd. But as a player, he was termed 20Legend before he even left the club for a reason. Dont forget he finished his career as a right sided attacker. If not for several major injuries he's output who have been even higher. Of course the Cl final goal endeared him mostly to fans but even before then, he scored 4 goals off the bench in a match and also several big game goals. He had a career most would dream of as a united player. So keep that separate from Ole the manager.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

I hope you are aware that Solskjaer lost 2 seasons to injury so he actually played 9 seasons in reality.

What point are you trying to make by bringing Chicharito into this?

Solskjaer played more games, spent more years, scored more goals, and scored probably the most important goal in club history. What does Chicharito have to do with it?

Being a club legend is not even about quality but about what you meant to the club and the fans. Raul is a bigger Madrid legend than Brazilian Ronaldo.

Duncan Ferguson is a bigger Everton legend than Rooney. Drogba is a bigger Chelshit legend than Shevchenko.

Well, my point is, I am trying to understand why you think OGS is a legend? Because of goals e.g Rooney, etc? Don’t forget you posted a video of all his goals. Or because he was with the first team for a very long time e.g. Scholes, Giggs, etc. Or because he was always coming in as a sub player to help change games? e.g Hernandez, or because of 1999? Finally, because he is among the legends on Utd’s website?

Why and how is he a legend? It’s a tricky one sha.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

Well, my point is, I am trying to understand why you think OGS is a legend? Because of goals e.g Rooney, etc? Don’t forget you posted a video of all his goals. Or because he was with the first team for a very long time e.g. Scholes, Giggs, etc. Or because he was always coming in as a sub player to help change games? e.g Hernandez, or because of 1999? Finally, because he is among the legends on Utd’s website?

Why and how is he a legend? It’s a tricky one sha.

Because of all of the above.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2020
MRTA7:

We can have a conversation about Ole not being good enough to manage man utd. But as a player, he was termed 20Legend before he even left the club for a reason. Dont forget he finished his career as a right sided attacker. If not for several major injuries he's output who have been even higher. Of course the Cl final goal endeared him mostly to fans but even before then, he scored 4 goals off the bench in a match and also several big game goals. He had a career most would dream of as a united player. So keep that separate from Ole the manager.

Like I said, it’s quite tricky. Those things are nothing jare. It was just 1999 if I may say.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Maybe whatever taktiks used last season has changed. Now care to explain why all our players including Bruno are putting in rubbish performance this season?
I could say fatigue, but really I think it's Pogba and Matic playing the midfield together, they don't cover enough ground.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

Because of all of the above.

cheesy cheesy Okay, makes sense!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 2:54pm On Oct 06, 2020
Melvyn11:

Which Gnabry are you talking about. Since when do people start rating Gnabry this high?
Since he started posting good numbers in the Champions League. Sancho can only be compared to Gnabry when he too start posting better numbers in the Champions League...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:57pm On Oct 06, 2020
MRTA7:

Even if he watched Ole his hatred for Ole because his idol JM was sacked won't allow him accept the truth. It is unfortunate that people always lean on their agenda here instead of being fair and balanced.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:57pm On Oct 06, 2020
nitrogen:

I like OGS o, he was great (not very great) as a player for Utd. He became really popular after 1999. He was not here for a very long time, he was not a starter, he was not a major game changer, he was not as influential both off and on the pitch as other players.

He was just there!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 2:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

Or do you want me to support my opinion that Solskjaer is a United legend by posting his tackles and interceptions? cheesy
l want to believe what makes u a club legend is yr overall contributions ,individual n unique gift.I think d treble success of man UTD in 1999 is what is ole d legend tag.let me digress.look at d GIBBS n Jackson five musical group. All three members of Gibbs r all regarded as a legend today because d main guy( Barry) didn't leave. He was d live wire.D golden voice. But Michael Jackson left n d rest dey say is history. I dnt think d media will regard other Jackson five( maybe with d exception of janet) as legend today. If Michael didn't leave all Jackson 5 wud v been called legend today. U get it.d success of 1999 is what is covering ole.individually he is nothing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 2:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
afrodoc2:

l want to believe what makes u a club legend is yr overall contributions ,individual n unique gift.I think d treble success of man UTD in 1999 is what is given ole d legend tag.let me digress.look at d GIBBS n Jackson five musical group. All three members of Gibbs r all regarded as a legend today because d main guy( Barry) didn't leave. He was d live wire.D golden voice. But Michael Jackson left n d rest dey say is history. I dnt think d media will regard other Jackson five( maybe with d exception of janet) as legend today. If Michael didn't leave all Jackson 5 wud v been called legend today. U get it.d success of 1999 is what is covering ole.individually he is nothing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8732) (8733) (8734) (8735) (8736) (8737) (8738) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: larride(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.