Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,297 members, 7,850,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:30 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8835247 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9516) (9517) (9518) (9519) (9520) (9521) (9522) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:38am On Feb 06, 2021
afrodoc2:

That looks like an old Shoretire pic. He still looks young though.

The boy fresh Sha

Na Nigeria boy bah?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 10:38am On Feb 06, 2021
This thread is a good example of Nigerians. Everyone is just angry lmao be grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:39am On Feb 06, 2021
afrodoc2:
I heard that United bought a house for Shoretire's parents in order to convince him to sign for us.

The coaches really really rate the boy but i don't think they helped him by consistently playing him 2-3 age grades ahead. Now that he has just started to show glimpses that he is now conditioned to play under-23 football i hope they don't jump the gun and loan him out for senior football immediately.
What is his natural position doc?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:49am On Feb 06, 2021
KingAlabi:

What is his natural position doc?

He has played all over the attack but he is best as an attacking midfielder.

He has good ball control, can run with the ball and can pick a pass. They have tried him in the flanks but he sometimes gets marginalised from the game when out wide.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 10:54am On Feb 06, 2021
afrodoc2:

Person wey una dey hail say he finish KingAlabi.

Remain small una for remove nitrogen from seat give the new guy title as Sarkin OleOut.
grin grin grin

Undiluted Facts!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:58am On Feb 06, 2021
afrodoc2:

He has played all over the attack but he is best as an attacking midfielder.

He has good ball control, can run with the ball and can pick a pass. They have tried him in the flanks but he sometimes gets marginalised from the game when out wide.

So do we have a future Bruno ?
Abi he is more like a lingard at the AM position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:03am On Feb 06, 2021
Jodera:
grin grin grin

Undiluted Facts!!!
cheesy cheesy
Inside life

I hope I don't get an early party today cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eleshin(m): 11:04am On Feb 06, 2021
KingAlabi:

The boy fresh Sha

Na Nigeria boy bah?
Ofcos, his name is Shola Shoretire but na England he dey rep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:05am On Feb 06, 2021
KingAlabi:

So do we have a future Bruno ?
Abi he is more like a lingard at the AM position.

Too early to tell but he definitely has better technique and vision than Jesse and potentially a better runner than Bruno.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:09am On Feb 06, 2021
I was more impressed with Hannibal in that game. His movement, ball control and vision is good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:19am On Feb 06, 2021
eph12:
I was more impressed with Hannibal in that game. His movement, ball control and vision is good

Everyone knows Hannibal is the best player in the reserves na. He is the only person there that looks as good as if not better than Amad.

Shoretire is younger than them but he also looks to be on their wavelength. Elanga would be on that level too.

The under-18s are are also loaded but with so many of them and so much rotation it is a bit difficult to assess them properly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:29am On Feb 06, 2021
afrodoc2:

Everyone knows Hannibal is the best player in the reserves na. He is the only person there that looks as good as if not better than Amad.

Shoretire is younger than them but he also looks to be on their wavelength. Elanga would be on that level too.

The under-18s are are also loaded but with so many of them and so much rotation it is a bit difficult to assess them properly.
I should pay more attention to the reserves and under 18 teams.

How old is Hannibal?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:30am On Feb 06, 2021
afrodoc2:

Too early to tell but he definitely has better technique and vision than Jesse and potentially a better runner than Bruno.
Alright doc

But I had hopes of Hannibal taking Bruno's role in the future, but seems he is a CM, is he good defensively?,we don't want another pogba like CM oh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:30am On Feb 06, 2021
eleshin:

Ofcos, his name is Shola Shoretire but na England he dey rep.

Make e better stay with England national team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 11:31am On Feb 06, 2021
afrodoc2:
I heard that United bought a house for Shoretire's parents in order to convince him to sign for us.

The coaches really really rate the boy but i don't think they helped him by consistently playing him 2-3 age grades ahead. Now that he has just started to show glimpses that he is now conditioned to play under-23 football i hope they don't jump the gun and loan him out for senior football immediately.

I think Shoretire, Hannibal and Amad have a great chance of breaking into the first team. Not sure bout Hugil though. He might play 1 or 2 games but not many actually play 20+. Plus not many can do it. E.g Macheda and Januzaj we all thought they would play for United for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:32am On Feb 06, 2021
eph12:

I should pay more attention to the reserves and under 18 teams.

How old is Hannibal?

Turned 18 last month. He is almost ready.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:36am On Feb 06, 2021
KingAlabi:

Alright doc

But I had hopes of Hannibal taking Bruno's role in the future, but seems he is a CM, is he good defensively?,we don't want another pogba like CM oh.

Hannibal might have Pogba's problem in terms of trying to get his best position. They played him as LWF in the last 2 games and he was great. He was played false 9, CAM, CM, CDM.

I think he is best utilized as a CM where he can make use of his strength on the ball and his ability to either run with it or pass long or short. He has better work rate than Pogba so that might not be an issue.
Playing him as a CM also allows Shoretire to have a chance here at CAM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:38am On Feb 06, 2021
Joezinho:

I think Shoretire, Hannibal and Amad have a great chance of breaking into the first team. Not sure bout Hugil though. He might play 1 or 2 games but not many actually play 20+. Plus not many can do it. E.g Macheda and Januzaj we all thought they would play for United for a long time.
Hugil looks very potent in front of goal...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayromWrites: 11:39am On Feb 06, 2021
KingAlabi:

See as you just rush into the conversation wah......
How old is amad ?
Is it bad to pray he adds a little more height and muscles.
Did I say he won't perform?
I've followed the conversation
this isn't the tenth time you've made reference of his stature

You keep making it look like if he doesn't bulk up, he will most likey struggle
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:40am On Feb 06, 2021
Joezinho:

Hugill just joined from Sunderland so apart from the fact that he is tall, has decent link up play and scores goals i don't know much about him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 11:52am On Feb 06, 2021
KingAlabi:

cheesy cheesy
Inside life

I hope I don't get an early party today cool
For where?

Ref and var can't be unfortunate twice

We go win Aston Villa.

But I dey see draw for your game sha.
As per my guy wey you be, just set your mind for draw, so dat you no go shalaye later grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:53am On Feb 06, 2021
afrodoc2:

Hannibal might have Pogba's problem in terms of trying to get his best position. They played him as LWF in the last 2 games and he was great. He was played false 9, CAM, CM, CDM.

I think he is best utilized as a CM where he can make use of his strength on the ball and his ability to either run with it or pass long or short. He has better work rate than Pogba so that might not be an issue.
Playing him as a CM also allows Shoretire to have a chance here at CAM.

I just hope they all make it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:55am On Feb 06, 2021
JayromWrites:

I've followed the conversation

this isn't the tenth time you've made reference of his stature

You keep making it look like if he doesn't bulk up, he will most likey struggle
The guy is very small, that's the fact.

Have you watched the youth games to see how he is easily wrestled off the ball by the u23 defenders?

Either he bulks up or gets smarter with his body movement, if not he will struggle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 11:55am On Feb 06, 2021
patrickmuf:
Hugil looks very potent in front of goal...

You have a point . He's lethal(brexit haaland).
I think that there is alot of talent in the youth that have the potential to play in the 1st team... Hannibal, hugil, shoretire, diallo, puigmal, Neville. They all have the never say die mentality..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:56am On Feb 06, 2021
Jodera:
For where?

Ref and var can't be unfortunate twice

We go win Aston Villa.

But I dey see draw for your game sha.
As per my guy wey you be, just set your mind for draw, so dat you no go shalaye later grin

Make your own finish first, then we go face my own . cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:56am On Feb 06, 2021
afrodoc2:

Turned 18 last month. He is almost ready.
Hope to see him in the senior team soon
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:58am On Feb 06, 2021
eph12:

Hope to see him in the senior team soon

Na that im hair be my problem sha, e too dey remain me of fellaine. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:00pm On Feb 06, 2021
KingAlabi:

Na that im hair be my problem sha, e too dey remain me of fellaine. angry

You are on your own. He reminds me of Gullit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2021
afrodoc2:

Hugill just joined from Sunderland so apart from the fact that he is tall, has decent link up play and scores goals i don't know much about him.

He's solid. My happiness is the quality in the team. Amad, Shoretire, Hugil and Hannibal all are going be great players for us in the future.

Then there's a few on loan like Mengi as well as like Greenwood and Rashford in the first team already. Future looks bright for us. We might not need to spend much in future windows.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2021
KingAlabi:

Make your own finish first, then we go face my own . cheesy
My own sure.
Na why we dey face your own tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:09pm On Feb 06, 2021
afrodoc2:

You are on your own. He reminds me of Gullit.
Gullit didn't play for us now. undecided
Fellaine did angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:09pm On Feb 06, 2021
Jodera:
My own sure.
Na why we dey face your own tongue
Loose first cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9516) (9517) (9518) (9519) (9520) (9521) (9522) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Colson(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.