Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,314 members, 7,853,461 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:05 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8846202 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9551) (9552) (9553) (9554) (9555) (9556) (9557) ... (14210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:27pm On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
The solution is simple, change the coach...

The first time I watched Man City under Pep was in a friendly against Arsenal, a couple of days after he took over the reigns at City...The first thing I noticed was that immediately the keeper had the ball, the CBs opened up towards to full back position whilst the DM dropped back and the two wing backs moved higher up the pitch and the striker running into channels giving the keeper 6 options to pass the ball either to his CBs, the DM, wing backs or go long looking for the striker...Immediately I told myself that Pep is a coach...He didn't wait for when he got the best players, he started it straight away with Otamendi and Kompany, Clichy and Sagna, Fernandinho and Aguero...As the season wore on, he made changes to his personnel to best suit his style of player...

Under Pep it is soothing to note that most of their purchases is within the range of 50m whilst we on the other hand will sign one player for 100m or thereabouts...For Lukaku and Pogba, City will buy Gundogan, Jesus, Mendy and Walker...At the end, we will cry that City got 4 players while we got 2 but what happened? They spent better...Pep goes after very technical players and isn't afraid to bench underperforming players...Garcia was starting over Stones after Stones allowed the hype to get to him. Garcia na Tuanzebe and Mengi them mate o!

Jesus was starting over Aguero when Pep thought Aguero wasn't offering enough...

If Pep comes here, he might not win it in his first season but our pattern of play will change almost immediately and in the proceeding seasons, he will go about signing players to plug the gaps in the team...Everything is deliberate, he knows what he wants, how he wants to play and goes about getting it done...

You’re making my point for me.

If Pep comes here, nothing will change with these players. They will adhere to instructions a match or two and then revert to normal in the next few games. If you’d watched other City games after that friendly, you’d notice.

That is the reason Pep couldn’t do jack with the Sagnas, Clichys and Bravos and Yaya Toures. He overhauled his squad in the first 2 seasons. Last 2 seasons he overhauled his defense again.

Do you think Martial will press like Jesus if Pep were his coach? I want you to answer this.

And buying players isn’t the job of the coach. The coach only gives the procuring department a list of the type of players he wants and the attributes he expects.

That United spent huge sums on a player doesn’t mean they cannot spend less on other alternatives. Blame the board and Ed for that incompetence. They cannot build a good scouting system or strike good deals in time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:29pm On Feb 08, 2021
ChristineC:
I'm going by their release clauses.
I think Upamecano has release clause that is active in the summer. 40m+ as reported.
Kanote is also good and should be priced lesser.
for Haaland, Ole should channel camaraderie.

We should be taking advantage of this situation at the moment, applying pressure where necessary to quickly strike a good deal.

I’m sure Ed will wait till the last day in the next TW to offer any tangible deal to the player and club. And then we’ll blame the coach.

Can we secure those deals sef?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:29pm On Feb 08, 2021
Expert17:
Away from OLE and his fans

Transfer gist
============

Lukaku to Mancity (to replace Aguero)

Haaland to Chelsea.

Hmmmmm, Jambody to City? Na rumour jare....Pep will never consider a useless player like Lukaku.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2021
Leyqute:

So, no one realized that was a possibility when we stupidly dropped points vs Everton?

Mentioning the Everton match Dey vex me again sef. I wanted them to sack Ole and all the players after that game. Especially the defense. They are all fooooools. Useless people. If we blame coach for the first 2 goals because he was outsmarted, conceding at the last minute, after a new sub was made to help with the defense is unforgivable. Why was Maguire playing all of the opponents onside? I feel like flogging him after that match.

Make I cool down.

Kumbayah.
Cool down bro! The draw is painful to be honest and I'm not pained like before. I remind myself that players easily move on from defeats or draws more than fans themselves the next thing you know the players are in the bar/club chilling while the fans are wallowing in anguish. cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2021
Leyqute:

You’re making my point for me.

If Pep comes here, nothing will change with these players. They will adhere to instructions a match or two and then revert to normal in the next few games. If you’d watched other City games after that friendly, you’d notice.

That is the reason Pep couldn’t do jack with the Sagnas, Clichys and Bravos and Yaya Toures. He overhauled his squad in the first 2 seasons. Last 2 seasons he overhauled his defense again.

Do you think Martial will press like Jesus if Pep were his coach? I want you to answer this.

And buying players isn’t the job of the coach. The coach only gives the procuring department a list of the type of players he wants and the attributes he expects.

That United spent huge sums on a player doesn’t mean they cannot spend less on other alternatives. Blame the board and Ed for that incompetence. They cannot build a good scouting system or strike good deals in time.

Hehe, blame the players, then Ed, and the board. Rinse and repeat. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2021
Harry Kane's recovery from injury is one of the best....

Always returning at least 2 weeks before the expected date
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:34pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

Hmmmmm, Jambody to City? Na rumour jare....Pep will never consider a useless player like Lukaku.

Lols

Your sarcasm dey give me joy this days grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ouzo1(m): 12:35pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

As in ba

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:36pm On Feb 08, 2021
Expert17:
Away from OLE and his fans

Transfer gist
============

Lukaku to Mancity (to replace Aguero)

Haaland to Chelsea.

Pep Guardiola will never buy Lukaku.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:36pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

Add Mourinho to this list grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2021
Leyqute:

Pep Guardiola will never buy Lukaku.

Why?

Don't tell me bad first touch please
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:37pm On Feb 08, 2021
Panther7:
Cool down bro! The draw is painful to be honest and I'm not pained like before. I remind myself that players easily move on from defeats or draws more than fans themselves the next thing you know the players are in the bar/club chilling while the fans are wallowing in anguish. cheesy cheesy

They have a match tomorrow and I’m not even going to follow it.

Useless bunch of group

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:38pm On Feb 08, 2021
ChristineC:
yeah well I'd not really mind that fee for Haaland. with the number of chances we fashion, we should be nearer 70 goals already. the issues at the back would have been masked.
£135-140m in the summer isn't excessive.
our midfield can be better but I think it's no longer pressing, and Matic it's staying one more year.

If we could get both it won't be bad. We could add Alaba on a free transfer. Upamecano and Alaba instead of those 2 we are currently using would be a major improvement.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:38pm On Feb 08, 2021
Expert17:

Why?

Don't tell me bad first touch please

You won’t understand.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:39pm On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

If we could get both it won't be bad. We could add Alaba on a free transfer. Upamecano and Alaba instead of those 2 we are currently using would be a major improvement.

The Alaba of Bayern Munich or another one ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

Of course you won't see where he blamed the coach.
It's as if you people get paid for doing this.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2021
Fergie in charge this season, I can bet KingAlabi's life savings on us winning the league.....but you see this amaka ehnnnn

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
Leyqute:

The Alaba of Bayern Munich or another one ?

Yes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
Karleb:

Of course you won't see where he blamed the coach.

It's as if you people get paid for doing this.

Lol, soldiers of OGS, continue! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ouzo1(m): 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
All I know be say if you buy Europe's best give Ole, Him go turn them to average players..las las wetin u no sabi u no sabi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

Player makes poor decisions and misses sitters? Blame coach.

Board fails to buy transfer target? Blame coach.

Sugar tastes like salt and akpu plus agbalumo? Na coach cause am.

Blame coach. Blame coach. Blame coach.

No rinse, always repeat.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

Yes.

Did I not tell you that your list get as e be? Alaba is washed up and tired, we should aim for VVD and De Ligt, ready-made, hot and perfect defenders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2021
Afrodoc2, the Glazers have won the superbowl with their NFL franchise do you see them replicating that at United by spending big money just like they did with Tom Brady? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

Yes.

I’m skeptical of that deal. Bayern tend to release players only after they’ve extracted every juice of football from them.

They’d play well before they leave Bayern but on getting to another club they’d be useless.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

Lol, soldiers of OGS, continue! cheesy

Toor!

The length at which you guys go to prove a point still baffles me.

Someone said Moyes is better than Ole. Another said Guardiola inherited a dilapidated Barcelona team.

Even Buhari Media Crew on N30k salaries don't do up to this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2021
Leyqute:

Player makes poor decisions and misses sitters? Blame coach.

Board fails to buy transfer target? Blame coach.

Sugar tastes like salt and akpu plus agbalumo? Na coach cause am.

Blame coach. Blame coach. Blame coach.

No rinse, always repeat.

Well, the manager is at the centre of everything. He manages the team (directly), he does ‘point and kill’ in terms of players signing, so why should not I blame him?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ouzo1(m): 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
Hahahahahahaha I swear Olesexuals funny die.

When it comes to Ole na dey players fault but when it was other Coaches in charge na their fault. Double standards
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2021
Panther7:
Afrodoc2, the Glazers have won the superbowl with their NFL franchise do you see them replicating that at United by spending big money just like they did with Tom Brady? cheesy

Lol, I heard that OGS is considering old players too for immediate success, on the back of what happened yesterday. But Mou like mercenaries. Hahahahahuhuhuhuhahahahaha, back to square one?

Kosi bi e she fagbo to, e le fagbo to Baba Fela (you no fit smoke juana reach Baba Fela).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-united-brady-super-bowl-23461306.amp
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

Abeg, he must win the EPL or UCL o, EL and FA are won by small boys managing small teams.
Hehehe You no want hear...After all na for here them rubbish those trophies...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
Karleb:

Toor!

The length at which you guys go to prove a point still baffles me.

Someone said Moyes is better than Ole. Another said Guardiola inherited a dilapidated Barcelona team.

Even Buhari Media Crew on N30k salaries don't do up to this.

Lol, who is paying me to defend the players and the board? OGS?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:52pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

Well, the manager is at the centre of everything. He manages the team (directly), he does ‘point and kill’ in terms of players signing, so why should not I blame him?

Yes. The manager also carry boot dey play on the field. He plays CB, CF, MD and RMD together.

When the ball goes out of the pitch, na coach dey go carry am to give himself so that he can do tikitaka with himself and score.

He also identifies the type of player managers (since Na him dey do everything) he wants, puts it in a list (or not-a-list), submits it to himself and then goes about negotiating the deals. He ‘points’ and ‘kills’, to be exact.

The almighty coach.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:53pm On Feb 08, 2021
nitrogen:

Did I not tell you that your list get as e be? Alaba is washed up and tired, we should aim for VVD and De Ligt, ready-made, hot and perfect defenders.

Aim for VVD? The VVD of LIVERPOOL who recently ruptured all the ligaments in his knee and will turn 30 this year?

I like De Ligt but Upamecano has been better than De Ligt over the last 2 years.

I am not so sure Alaba is washed up. He would be coming on a free and will just be turning 29. His ability to play a high line is what i like about him. The knock against him is his relative lack of aerial ability.

And when did we discuss a list?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9551) (9552) (9553) (9554) (9555) (9556) (9557) ... (14210) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.