Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,410 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8776792 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9548) (9549) (9550) (9551) (9552) (9553) (9554) ... (14175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:53am On Feb 08, 2021
KingAlabi:

Now your been bias undecided
Guy, Ole is not taking us anywhere...You people said we need to out spend our rivals to win and to be honest, I don't see us spending another £300-400m pounds in the summer so, how exactly will Ole do it?

Ole is not taking us anywhere, one step forward and 2-3 steps backward...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
Guy, Ole is not taking us anywhere...You people said we need to out spend our rivals to win and to be honest, I don't see us spending another £300-400m pounds in the summer so, how exactly will Ole do it?

Exactly, by this time last season we were 6th or so on the log with over 20 points deficit from the first position but now we are 2nd, he's taking us backwards.

angry angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 2emotional(m): 10:00am On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

You no see as i dey use agidi kick OleInners like KingAlabi and handelex comot for the fence.

We wey build am we know the seating capacity. cheesy
Doc See what I discoverd on the fence this morning

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
What mess did Van Gaal and Mou have?

Abi na me go teach Maguire how to defend?

patrickmuf:

Is it not when we realized that Mou has reached his peak with us especially when he started causing trouble that most folks here gave up on him? How long before we realize that nearly isn't what brought us thus far? We always managed to win irrespective of the conditions but now, we seem to find excuse for every set back...
undecided undecided undecided

So you know, why asking then?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:04am On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:
Exactly, by this time last season we were 6th or so on the log and now we are 2nd, he's taking us backwards.

angry angry angry
Juventus have been runners up in the UCL for a record of 7 times, they have only won it twice...

If Juventus didn't fail all those years, they'd have been the second most successful team in the UCL but no, they did thus have a meagre 2 UCL titles...

Nobody remembers that they have failed 7 times and how close they were, the only thing that matters is winning...

Finishing 2nd (The league is still some way off) or reaching semi finals isn't what brought us thus far...Waje me up when the Norwegian fraud wins a trophy here...I am no mediocre.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 10:07am On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:
Exactly, by this time last season we were 6th or so on the log with over 20 points deficit from the first position but now we are 2nd, he's taking us backwards.

angry angry angry
The kind of nonsense one read here somethings ehnn grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:07am On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:

undecided undecided undecided

So you know, why asking then?

Van Gaal? Since na mess them dey employ people to clean now...

So when will Ole the cleaner finish cleaning the mess so we can start demanding for him to start coaching and winning trophies? This year? Next year? That year? Forever?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:08am On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:
We are Manchester United bla bla bla, we shouldn't be lowering our standards... sad

When last was this team realistically close to challenging for a title talk more of winning it.. angry

When elite coaches like Van Gaal and Mou were brought to win the league, did they even throw in a competent challenge?

Mourinho was on record saying coming second with this team was he's best achievement at United, we were hailing him oo, a proven winner and it was not mediocrity then angry angry
grin grin grin grin
Let's not forget the football heritage yarns.

Now everybody suddenly understands mediocrity as if they know Jack shit about coaching.
Look at them moaning about City's defence.
People that have spent about 300m on defenders alone in the last 3/4 seasons.

Yet when we suggest that we have to buy defenders u go begin dey hear "The Glazers have tried". How we wan take compete with City if shareholders no wan make we spend money?

All it takes to be hearing absolute buulshít and ridiculous takes on this thread is for City or Liverpool to win a match. Then u go begin hear how our season is over.
Now, they have stylishly started telling us to see Tuchel. When we begin dey see the Tuchel now, they will say our own is too much
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
Juventus have been runners up in the UCL for a record of 7 times, they have only won it twice...

If Juventus didn't fail all those years, they'd have been the second most successful team in the UCL but no, they did thus have a meagre 2 UCL titles...

Nobody remembers that they have failed 7 times and how close they were, the only thing that matters is winning...

Finishing 2nd (The league is still some way off) or reaching semi finals isn't what brought us thus far...Waje me up when the Norwegian fraud wins a trophy here...I am no mediocre.
Then you guys should stop complaining that we didn't qualify from our CL group because we won't be winning it anyways and history remembers the winners only not the runner up.

Lemme still remind you that your MCM said coming second is his greatest achievement with us.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 10:12am On Feb 08, 2021
I said it before it will take one bad result for the pretenders to jump out. People that are praying silently we loss or drop points ever since to start their useless agenda. When we go back to winning they will be here pretending as always cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:12am On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
Guy, Ole is not taking us anywhere... You people said we need to out spend our rivals to win and to be honest, I don't see us spending another £300-400m pounds in the summer so, how exactly will Ole do it?

Na your people talk am (oleouter)

Where will an average coach take us before?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:12am On Feb 08, 2021
Leyqute:
Isn’t it funny how there is more outrage here after City won Liverpool than after Utd drew Everton?
There's always more reactions after Liverpool, City or Chelsea win a game than when we do.
These ones are more concerned about their rivals than the team they claim to support.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:13am On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
City won't struggle...I am certain if Pep handles our squad and Ole handles City, in no time Man City fans will start saying we have the better players...

The urgency in the passing of Man City players, their positional awareness and pressing isn't down to the players but tentamount to a well drilled team...

Doc said I should make peace with the fact that Ole is average but how do you make peace knowing that we are headed to no where with Ole as coach? Aren't we wasting the talents of our current crop of players?

Is it not when we realized that Mou has reached his peak with us especially when he started causing trouble that most folks here gave up on him? How long before we realize that nearly isn't what brought us thus far? We always managed to win irrespective of the conditions but now, we seem to find excuse for every set back...

Na public service i dey do. I care about the health of my fellow United fans.

If you have studied the Glazers and Woodward over the last decade you will see that what matters to them is the Champion’s League qualification.
Check out the timing of their manager sackings.

A couple of weeks ago i posted a list of facts that would help both OleOut and OleIn live with peace of mind. If you read that list you will also have a relaxed mind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:19am On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:
Then you guys should stop complaining that we didn't qualify from our CL group because we won't be winning it anyways and history remembers the winners only not the runner up.

Lemme still remind you that your MCM said coming second is his greatest achievement with us.
He said it's his greatest achievement as a manager...For your info, I am not a Mou fan, never will but the facts are there, he won a couple of trophies with us...

If not for Van Gaal and Mourinho, the situation would have been worse, their trophy win stint served as a perfect buffer to keep the club in the mix as trophy winners just the way Arsenal have managed a couple of FA cup triumphs even in their dark days...How long before we start demanding that Ole wins a trophy?

Why are you Oleinners not holding Ole to the same standards you held Van Gaal and Mou? Or should we just be satisfied with a couple of cup runs and UCL qualification? How the mighty have fallen, I remember how we used to banter Arsenal fans here when Wenger was still around...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:20am On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

Na public service i dey do. I care about the health of my fellow United fans.

If you have studied the Glazers and Woodward over the last decade you will see that what matters to them is the Champion’s League qualification.
Check out the timing of their manager sackings.

A couple of weeks ago i posted a list of facts that would help both OleOut and OleIn live with peace of mind. If you read that list you will also have a relaxed mind.
Doc I read it but I can't imagine that we will be satisfied with a second placed finish or better put, qualification for the UCL...It just doesn't sit well with me...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 10:22am On Feb 08, 2021
Leyqute:
Isn’t it funny how there is more outrage here after City won Liverpool than after Utd drew Everton?
it's because the point gap between United and City just increased and would likely increase to 8.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 10:23am On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

You no see as i dey use agidi kick OleInners like KingAlabi and handelex comot for the fence.

We wey build am we know the seating capacity. cheesy
How many of una dey that fence sef?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:24am On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

Calm down bruv. This is recency bias.

David Moyes is the most clueless. Confirm.

Lol. Doc. David Moyes was not given the kind of opportunity ole was given. Ole finished 6th in his first season, Moyes 7th. Who knows how moyes would have done if he was a legend and was allowed to continue like Ole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 08, 2021
Trevor012:

The kind of nonsense one read here somethings ehnn grin
I just tire.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 08, 2021
Lana1:

grin grin grin grin
Let's not forget the football heritage yarns.

Look at them moaning about City's defence.
People that have spent about 300m on defenders alone in the last 3/4 seasons.

Yet when we suggest that we have to buy defenders u go begin dey hear "The Glazers have tried". How we wan take compete with City if shareholders no wan make we spend money?

All it takes to be hearing absolute buulshít and ridiculous takes on this thread is for City or Liverpool to win a match. Then u go begin hear how our season is over.
Now, they have stylishly started telling us to see Tuchel. When we begin dey see the Tuchel now, they will say our own is too much
Na this one dey off me pass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:28am On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:
We are Manchester United bla bla bla, we shouldn't be lowering our standards... sad

When last was this team realistically close to challenging for a title talk more of winning it.. angry

When elite coaches like Van Gaal and Mou were brought to win the league, did they even throw in a competent challenge?

Mourinho was on record saying coming second with this team was his best achievement at United, we were hailing him oo, a proven winner and it was not mediocrity then angry angry

Now everybody suddenly understands mediocrity as if they know Jack shit about coaching.

After Mourinho left. We spent almost 300m pounds byt still cant finish the same 2nd.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:32am On Feb 08, 2021
CapitalCee:

After Mourinho left. We spent almost 300m pounds byt still cant finish the same 2nd.
Has the season finished?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
Van Gaal? Since na mess them dey employ people to clean now...

So when will Ole the cleaner finish cleaning the mess so we can start demanding for him to start coaching and winning trophies? This year? Next year? That year? Forever?
Van Gaal tenure wasn't messy, the board saw Mourinho as an upgrade and with City appointing Pep, it was good for rivalry but alas Mou seemed to has lost his edge.

Ole should win something alright, the EL at least and if he does, it helps my argument the more.

My problem is with the unrealistic outrage about our chances as regards the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 10:34am On Feb 08, 2021
Ole first full season 4th

Ole 2nd full season currently 2nd

We are going backwards grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:36am On Feb 08, 2021
As far as Ole is concerned, we can win 5 games and go ahead and loss 2 but we shouldn't complain because of what? Who cares about what you think...

How will we ascend to the top if we are okay with dropping points just because he had a good run prior to dropping points? In a league competition, how do you measure progress if you don't look at those around you?

Man City were below us at some point but ATM, they are ahead with a 5 pts lead and have a game in hand making it a possible 8 pts gap...Nobody wants to complain because we are 2nd on the log but by the time you look at how where City were before and now, you realize just how many points we have dropped that shouldn't be...

We draw Leicester, they will say Leicester is a big team but couple of weeks after, even smaller teams will go and get the maximum points off Leicester...

With Liverpool is the same thing. 1 point was looking like a steal until Burnley, Brighton and yesterday City when to Anfield and came back with 3 pts...Same Anfield that our fans here will vilify you for saying we shiuld have won there.

Every time we drop points, we will start reading how the other team is like prime Barca, only for a smaller team to beat the same team in the near future...

Excuses fc...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:38am On Feb 08, 2021
CapitalCee:

Lol. Doc. David Moyes was not given the kind of opportunity ole was given. Ole finished 6th in his first season, Moyes 7th. Who knows how moyes would have done if he was a legend and was allowed to continue like Ole.

Nah not accepting that. Amaka had half a season and the team was already in trouble when he took over (which was exactly why he came in mid season anyway).

Moyes took a team from 1st to 7th in one season.
BIG DIFFERENCE. You can’t compare sleep to death.

Maybe it is because Amaka’s case is still fresh and Moyes was a long time ago but trying to compare what is happening now to what Moyes did devalues your OleOut argument.

When you make good points i will be the first to support you but indirectly trying to whitewash Moyes record? Kolewerk. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:39am On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:
Van Gaal tenure wasn't messy, the board saw Mourinho as an upgrade and with City appointing Pep, it was good for rivalry but alas Mou seems to has lost his edge.

Ole should win something alright, the EL at least and if he does, it helps my argument the more.

My problem is with the unrealistic outrage about our chances as regards the league.
With every passing weekend that we fail to win, the gap between us and the chasing pack closes...Remember...

Our momentum for the fist 18 games or so was perfect, it was near league winning form but right before our noses, the team haave started dropping points where they have no business dropping points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:40am On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
City won't struggle...I am certain if Pep handles our squad and Ole handles City, in no time Man City fans will start saying we have the better players...

The urgency in the passing of Man City players, their positional awareness and pressing isn't down to the players but tentamount to a well drilled team...

Doc said I should make peace with the fact that Ole is average but how do you make peace knowing that we are headed to no where with Ole as coach? Aren't we wasting the talents of our current crop of players?

Dont mind them. they think the clueless ole will achieve anything even if you give him Brazil 1970 squad. Give this united team to Guardiola, 1 year later you will see what the team will turn into, Ole cannot perform more than his abilities. He started coach about the same time with Guardiola but look at their trajectory.

For those that care to remember, the Barca team that Pep took over in 2008 is a very unbalanced and dilapidated, one year later he is winning the treble. Give Ole that kind of team, we will only be hearing of complaints here and there.
Today we complain of attack, tomorrow we complain of midfield the next is goalkeeper and then defence, every time with Ole nothing is ever balanced. If Ole did not play for Man United, will he ever smell the managers position at Manchester United?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
He said it's his greatest achievement as a manager...For your info, I am not a Mou fan, never will but the facts are there, he won a couple of trophies with us...

If not for Van Gaal and Mourinho, the situation would have been worse, their trophy win stint served as a perfect buffer to keep the club in the mix as trophy winners just the way Arsenal have managed a couple of FA cup triumphs even in their dark days...How long before we start demanding that Ole wins a trophy?

Why are you not holding Ole to the same standards you held Van Gaal and Mou? Or should we just be satisfied with a couple of cup runs and UCL qualification? How the mighty have fallen, I remember how we used to banter Arsenal fans here when Wenger was still around...
Well first of all one is a P. E teacher while the other two are proven winners.

Two they were brought in for specific purposes and assignments.

But me say this, if the the board mistakenly renews Ole's contract it means they now trust him to deliver those big titles then you'll see that I'm not an Ole fan boy if he fails to deliver those.

Now I don't kill myself knowing it's the board has the power to sack or retain him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:46am On Feb 08, 2021
CapitalCee:

Dont mind them. they think the clueless ole will achieve anything even if you give him Brazil 1970 squad. Give this united team to Guardiola, 1 year later you will see what the team will turn into, Ole cannot perform more than his abilities. He started coach about the same time with Guardiola but look at their trajectory.

For those that care to remember, the Barca team that Pep took over in 2008 is a very unbalanced and dilapidated, one year later he is winning the treble. Give Ole that kind of team, we will only be hearing of complaints here and there.
Today we complain of attack, tomorrow we complain of midfield the next is goalkeeper and then defence, every time with Ole nothing is ever balanced. If Ole did not play for Man United, will he ever smell the managers position at Manchester United?
Ole's status as a legend is the reason why some of them have refused to own up to the truth...

Ole doesn't have the credentials to coach this team neither does he have the technical know-how to see us all the way back to the top...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:48am On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:
Well first of all one is a P. E teacher while the other two are proven winners.

Two they were brought in for specific purposes and assignments.

But me say this, if the the board mistakenly renews Ole's contract it means they now trust him to deliver those big titles then you'll see that I'm not an Ole fan boy if he fails to deliver those.

Now I don't kill myself knowing it's the board has the power to sack or retain him.
Ole is learning on the Manchester United job...If he wants to learn, Salford City is there...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:50am On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:

Good point. But look at this angle:

How has Tottenham’s passes been this season under Mou?
How has our passes been under Mou?
And how has our passes been this season?

There was a time under Mourinho when the passing was an issue. Mou drilled it into them and in the next game the passes were crisp and fast. Two games later the passes were slow again.

Even this season sef. There were games where the players took less time to pass the ball. Maguire was giving one time passes to Shaw. No time wasted on control. In 3 games he don revert to normal.

It’s either the coach is not telling them to pass faster or they’ve been telling them and e don tire coach.

If we’re going to make faster passes, it has to be as a unit. One slow passer (like Magwaya) will thrown a wrench in the works.

Same as pressing as a unit from the front. With Cavani up top, Bruno behind him and likeminded players on either side of him we’ll be good. But put Martial in front and we’re as useless as Phil. Jokes.

The solution? Which one is easier- buy new players that fit those roles or convert the ones you have to do those jobs ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9548) (9549) (9550) (9551) (9552) (9553) (9554) ... (14175) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Santos07, Corlah, MrJaay(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.