Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,511 members, 7,854,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:04 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8848025 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9550) (9551) (9552) (9553) (9554) (9555) (9556) ... (14210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 08, 2021
CapitalCee:

That was Fulham at least he got a draw. Ole lost to Sheffield United at old Trafford a team that was on course for an EPL lowest point total until Ole did saraka for them
Look at Moyes West Ham position in the table this season, a club he took in relegation battle last year. The last time Ole took a team like that, he sent them to championship and was about sending them to league 1 until they put him out of his misery.
Newcastle.

You're now a Moyes fanboy?

E be things oo. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:22am On Feb 08, 2021
Lana1:
Sarri had been coaching before I was born. Maybe that means he should be better than Pep too if we follow ur logic.
Na here we dey when many guys here were hyping Mourinho's appointment while Pep went to City. Now all we hear is "See Pep...see Pep"

The Glazers you guys keep telling us are trying are the same ones who let top managers like Ancelotti, Pep and Klopp slip their grasps so that they can hire the Mourinho's and LVG of this world.

I dont disagree that Ole is average. When the time is up, Ole will either step down or be sacked. But what I wont do is join you in crying about it.

Ole's time is up. Anybody that is excited about Mourinho's appointment is wrong, that it didn't work out as expected with us doesn't still make him a bad manager, name 3 managers that were more successful than Mourinho since he started coaching. Klopp is not a better manager than Mourinho, one can make a case for Pep and Ancellotti though.

Sarri can start Coaching since 1900, but that is the reason he is not having any job at the moment, he is not good enough. My point is Ole is not suitable for a club like Man united. Simple.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:24am On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:
Newcastle.

You're now a Moyes fanboy?

E be things oo. cheesy cheesy cheesy

It was Fulham ogbeni i watched the game. Darren Bent equalised in the dying seconds after Carrick and Van persie turned the game around.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:26am On Feb 08, 2021
Leyqute:

Compare how much we spent after Mourinho left with how much City spent on defense alone

Calculate it lets check something. Today we must Calculate this money they saud pep spent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:26am On Feb 08, 2021
CapitalCee:

Ole's time is up. Anybody that is excited about Mourinho's appointment is wrong, that it didn't work out as expected with us doesn't still make him a bad manager, name 3 managers that were more successful than Mourinho since he started coaching. Klopp is not a better manager than Mourinho, one can make a case for Pep and Ancellotti though.

Sarri can start Coaching since 1900, but that is the reason he is not having any job at the moment, he is not good enough. My point is Ole is not suitable for a club like Man united. Simple.
Lol. Have a nice day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 08, 2021
Lana1:
Sarri had been coaching before I was born. Maybe that means he should be better than Pep too if we follow ur logic.
Na here we dey when many guys here were hyping Mourinho's appointment while Pep went to City. Now all we hear is "See Pep...see Pep"

The Glazers you guys keep telling us are trying are the same ones who let top managers like Ancelotti, Pep and Klopp slip their grasps so that they can hire the Mourinho's and LVG of this world.

I dont disagree that Ole is average. When the time is up, Ole will either step down or be sacked. But what I wont do is join you in crying about it.
May your days be long.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by taiwoliu(m): 11:27am On Feb 08, 2021
When a mother continually compares her child to her neighbour's ignoring the superiority of her neighbour's child, her child will never be appear worthy to her even if he spends 48hrs in a day doing house chores.

#nuff_said

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 08, 2021
CapitalCee:

It was Fulham ogbeni i watched the game. Darren Bent equalised in the dying seconds after Carrick and Van persie turned the game around.
Yah my bad. A 2-2 draw I remember.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 11:31am On Feb 08, 2021
**Peeps**

Misery in the enemy's camp.

**Evil laughter** grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:31am On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:
Lol.

CapitalC already said he inherited a squad that came 2nd a year before he was appointed, so it's a good enough squad while he's busy defending David Moyes that inherited a title winning team with proven winners and yet 7th was the best he could achieve.

grin grin grin

A title winning team with washed up Vidic and Ferdinand, retired Scholes, Giggs who os a shadow of himself, Declining Rooney and Evra, and injured Van persie. What is remaining in that team?
A title winning team that lost the drive of. Vidic, Rio, Rooney, RVP, EVra, Scholes, and Giggs. What is remaining? So you think because fergie won the league with that team they are as good? Fergie that used Brown, Oshea, Rafeal, Fabio, Cleverly, Welbeck, Gibson, Evans and Young to win titles.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:33am On Feb 08, 2021
Lana1:
Lol. Have a nice day.

That's your opinion.For me Klopp is not better than Mourinho. Both started coaching same time. Mou started with union Lieira, Klopp started with Mainz same time. Let look at their trophy cabinet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:33am On Feb 08, 2021
CapitalCee:

That was Fulham at least he got a draw. Ole lost to Sheffield United at old Trafford a team that was on course for an EPL lowest point total until Ole did saraka for them
Look at Moyes West Ham position in the table this season, a club he took in relegation battle last year. The last time Ole took a team like that, he sent them to championship and was about sending them to league 1 until they put him out of his misery.

I can’t illustrate to you enough how much i don’t give a phuck about what Moyes did at West Ham or East Ham.

I am talking about their records as United manager.
The lowest placed United manager in the last 30yrs is David Moyes. And he inherited defending champions.

He took us from no1 to no7 in one season.

We went from perennial champions league participants to not even qualifying for Europe( UCL or even Europa) for the first time in 25 years. In one season.

If you want to push your OleOut campaign Moyes is not the example to use.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:35am On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

This is just a bunch of excuses. In 7 years time people will make better excuses for Amaka. If Moyes had just dropped us from 1st to 3rd or 4th you would have a point. 7th loun loun!

Moyes dropped 6 spots in one full season. Amaka has not done that yet.

Moyes cleared out a multiple title winning coaching staff and brought with him the who’s who of nothing to coach. Amaka brought back title winners to help him coach.

Moyes told Rio and Vidic to watch tapes of Jagielka to improve their defending.

Moyes is the apotheosis of cluelessness. Say no revisionist history.

Back to chilling on my fence. cheesy

Are you saying Ole is a more accomplished manager than David Nwoye?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 08, 2021
CapitalCee:

A title winning team with washed up Vidic and Ferdinand, retired Scholes, Giggs who os a shadow of himself, Declining Rooney and Evra, and injured Van persie. What is remaining in that team?
A title winning team that lost the drive of. Vidic, Rio, Rooney, RVP, EVra, Scholes, and Giggs. What is remaining? So you think because fergie won the league with that team they are as good? Fergie that used Brown, Oshea, Rafeal, Fabio, Cleverly, Welbeck, Gibson, Evans and Young to win titles.
So a washed up team that was the defending champions suddenly become good enough for 7th, not even a top 4 finish?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:35am On Feb 08, 2021
Karleb:

This your conclusion tire me o.

So you mean Moyes could have won the league if he was given enough time?

Ole has not won anything yet and its going to 3 years now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:37am On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:
So a washed up team that was the defending champions suddenly become good enough for 7th, not even a top 4 finish?

A drop from fergie to Moyes is huge.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:41am On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:

Mou's first season we finished 5th.

Mou's 2nd season we finished 2nd.

Mou's 3rd season, sacked while 6th.

Ole comes in halfway and finishes 6th.

Ole's first season we finished 3rd.

Ole's 2nd season we are currently 2nd with half the season gone.

You forgot that within that Mourinho tenor. We won League cup and Europa, while at least qualifying from our champions league group. What Ole couldn't do
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:43am On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

I can’t illustrate to you enough how much i don’t give a phuck about what Moyes did at West Ham or East Ham.

I am talking about their records as United manager.
The lowest placed United manager in the last 30yrs is David Moyes. And he inherited defending champions.

He took us from no1 to no7 in one season.

We went from perennial champions league participants to not even qualifying for Europe( UCL or even Europa) for the first time in 25 years. In one season.

If you want to push your OleOut campaign Moyes is not the example to use.

Eeh Moyes didnt do well at man united and its a one off, I forgive him. But Ole is clueless
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:43am On Feb 08, 2021
CapitalCee:

Are you saying Ole is a more accomplished manager than David Nwoye?

Don’t play smart and place words in my mouth. Nobody cares about accomplishments that were not with United.

Our argument was over who was the most clueless United manager and the answer is Moyes a million times. I was not arguing about who was more accomplished with you but who was more clueless during their time at United.

I don’t care if Moyes goes ahead to win the UCL with West Ham. That is not the argument.

When he was at United he was the most clueless manager we have had in modern history.

Whether he is intrinsically a better manager than Amaka but just had meningitis that year is a different debate, but for that season 2013-2014 he was and still remains the most clueless I have seen at United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:43am On Feb 08, 2021
we need speed at center back and one more capable competition upfront.
Haaland and Upamecano/Kanote can be brought in for around 100m.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:47am On Feb 08, 2021
ChristineC:
we need speed at center back and one more capable competition upfront.
Haaland and Upamecano/Kanote can be brought in for around 100m.

Lol. Haaland AND Upamecano for 100m?

Not sure about that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:50am On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

Don’t play smart and place words in my mouth. Nobody cares about accomplishments that were not with United.

Our argument was over who was the most clueless United manager and the answer is Moyes a million times. I was not arguing about who was more accomplished with you but who was more clueless during their time at United.

I don’t care if Moyes goes ahead to win the UCL with West Ham. That is not the argument.

When he was at United he was the most clueless manager we have had in modern history.

Whether he is intrinsically a better manager than Amaka but just had meningitis that year is a different debate, but for that season 2013-2014 he was and still remains the most clueless I have seen at United.

Ok Moyes is more clueless at united, let me take my initial comment as a hyperbole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:53am On Feb 08, 2021
Leyqute:

Good point. But look at this angle:

How has Tottenham’s passes been this season under Mou?
How has our passes been under Mou?
And how has our passes been this season?

There was a time under Mourinho when the passing was an issue. Mou drilled it into them and in the next game the passes were crisp and fast. Two games later the passes were slow again.

Even this season sef. There were games where the players took less time to pass the ball. Maguire was giving one time passes to Shaw. No time wasted on control. In 3 games he don revert to normal.

It’s either the coach is not telling them to pass faster or they’ve been telling them and e don tire coach.

If we’re going to make faster passes, it has to be as a unit. One slow passer (like Magwaya) will thrown a wrench in the works.

Same as pressing as a unit from the front. With Cavani up top, Bruno behind him and likeminded players on either side of him we’ll be good. But put Martial in front and we’re as useless as Phil. Jokes.

The solution? Which one is easier- buy new players that fit those roles or convert the ones you have to do those jobs ?
The solution is simple, change the coach...

The first time I watched Man City under Pep was in a friendly against Arsenal, a couple of days after he took over the reigns at City...The first thing I noticed was that immediately the keeper had the ball, the CBs opened up towards to full back position whilst the DM dropped back and the two wing backs moved higher up the pitch and the striker running into channels giving the keeper 6 options to pass the ball either to his CBs, the DM, wing backs or go long looking for the striker...Immediately I told myself that Pep is a coach...He didn't wait for when he got the best players, he started it straight away with Otamendi and Kompany, Clichy and Sagna, Fernandinho and Aguero...As the season wore on, he made changes to his personnel to best suit his style of player...

Under Pep it is soothing to note that most of their purchases is within the range of 50m whilst we on the other hand will sign one player for 100m or thereabouts...For Lukaku and Pogba, City will buy Gundogan, Jesus, Mendy and Walker...At the end, we will cry that City got 4 players while we got 2 but what happened? They spent better...Pep goes after very technical players and isn't afraid to bench underperforming players...Garcia was starting over Stones after Stones allowed the hype to get to him. Garcia na Tuanzebe and Mengi them mate o!

Jesus was starting over Aguero when Pep thought Aguero wasn't offering enough...

If Pep comes here, he might not win it in his first season but our pattern of play will change almost immediately and in the proceeding seasons, he will go about signing players to plug the gaps in the team...Everything is deliberate, he knows what he wants, how he wants to play and goes about getting it done...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:59am On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

Lol. Haaland AND Upamecano for 100m?

Not sure about that.
I'm going by their release clauses.
I think Upamecano has release clause that is active in the summer. 40m+ as reported.
Kanote is also good and should be priced lesser.
for Haaland, Ole should channel camaraderie.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:04pm On Feb 08, 2021
CapitalCee:

Ok Moyes is more clueless at united, let me take my initial comment as a hyperbole.

It has to be hyperbole. Amaka hasn’t shown me personally that he can take us to the top but i don’t moan about it consistently because I know what the Glazers and Woodward prioritise.

If he makes top 4 or wins the Europa they won’t sack him. They might not renew his contract at the end but they won’t sack him before time.

Moyes and LVG were sacked after missing out on UCL.

JM was sacked mid-season when it became clear that UCL qualification was in jeopardy.

They prematurely gave Amaka the job when it looked like UCL qualification was sure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:09pm On Feb 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
Juventus have been runners up in the UCL for a record of 7 times, they have only won it twice...

If Juventus didn't fail all those years, they'd have been the second most successful team in the UCL but no, they did thus have a meagre 2 UCL titles...

Nobody remembers that they have failed 7 times and how close they were, the only thing that matters is winning...

Finishing 2nd (The league is still some way off) or reaching semi finals isn't what brought us thus far...Waje me up when the Norwegian fraud wins a trophy here...I am no mediocre.

Abeg, he must win the EPL or UCL o, EL and FA are won by small boys managing small teams.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:14pm On Feb 08, 2021
ChristineC:
I'm going by their release clauses.
I think Upamecano has release clause that is active in the summer. 40m+ as reported.
Kanote is also good and should be priced lesser.
for Haaland, Ole should channel camaraderie.

Camaraderie when the longer throats Watzke and Raiola are involved.

Haaland alone will cost close to 100m. His release clause is not active until 2022 and is €75m. To get him a year earlier will cost at least 90m this summer and most likely more. He is not a winger like Sancho but a young goal machine.

Upamecano’s release clause is €45m but is activated this summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:15pm On Feb 08, 2021
handelex:
Well first of all one is a P. E teacher while the other two are proven winners.

Two they were brought in for specific purposes and assignments.

But me say this, if the the board mistakenly renews Ole's contract it means they now trust him to deliver those big titles then you'll see that I'm not an Ole fan boy if he fails to deliver those.

Now I don't kill myself knowing it's the board has the power to sack or retain him.

Lol, who told you that the board gave OGS a contract so he can clear Mou’s mess?

Who gives a manager 3 years to clear mess without a trophy? You have forgotten that time is money abi?

Be deceiving yourself!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
Leyqute:

LMAO grin grin grin
That guy can lie!
If you hate Ole just say it, you don't need to lie to prove your point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2021
Karleb:

Even if we give Pep this team, we'll still hand him at least 700 million to win anything.

Pep won’t spend 700m immediately. He will spend in bits, same way previous managers spent 150-200m every year.

OGS has spent 300m in 2 seasons, and the only progress and achievement (second position) is about to go down the drain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2021
Away from OLE and his fans

Transfer gist
============

Lukaku to Mancity (to replace Aguero)

Haaland to Chelsea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

Camaraderie when the longer throats Watzke and Raiola are involved.

Haaland alone will cost close to 100m. His release clause is not active until 2022 and is €75m. To get him a year earlier will cost at least 90m this summer and most likely more. He is not a winger like Sancho but a young goal machine.

Upamecano’s release clause is €45m but is activated this summer.

yeah well I'd not really mind that fee for Haaland. with the number of chances we fashion, we should be nearer 70 goals already. the issues at the back would have been masked.
£135-140m in the summer isn't excessive.
our midfield can be better but I think it's no longer pressing, and Matic it's staying one more year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9550) (9551) (9552) (9553) (9554) (9555) (9556) ... (14210) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.