Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8789855 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9566) (9567) (9568) (9569) (9570) (9571) (9572) ... (14181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:54pm On Feb 09, 2021
LostMyZeal:

Hopefully... na rumour

Else premium wailings go dey lipsrsealed
For you na cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:27am On Feb 10, 2021
Lana1:
McTom about to outscore Martial in all competitions this season.

"mOre GoAls ThAN MeSsI iN 2020"

Mctominay outscoring our best finisher grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 12:54am On Feb 10, 2021
#OleOUT

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:33am On Feb 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
This VDB situation is pitiful...Baba makes runs, good runs actually but we play more to feet. I'd like him to play more centrally...

I thought Lindelof was excellent tonight away from that one mistake...
Martial, Rashford and Greenwood should have scored but they were wasteful especially Martial and Rashford...

With Telles and Shaw, we have real quality left backs, AWB and Williams weren't bad either...

All our players should learn from Cavani and Bruno, they press so well...

We move!

As an AM he can't just be making runs all the time. He also can't just be giving the obvious quick anywhere bele face pass all the time.

When he gets the ball he should sometimes hold it, turn, and move with it towards the opponent's area OR hold it turn and make a truly incisive pass.

He is an intelligent player but he is not creative enough and quite significantly he doesn't get involved in midfield play enough. His stats for Ajax foreshadowed this and this was one of the reasons i had my VDB vs De Jong debate with Kagawa.

He is presently playing like (using an Elampism) a midfield hyena.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 6:07am On Feb 10, 2021
KingAlabi:
cheesy
I imagined the fence to be finer than this, if that's the fence I don't want to be on it and that fence go soon collapse cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 10, 2021
undecided
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud
#Maguireisafridge

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:03am On Feb 10, 2021
Panther7:
I imagined the fence to be finer than this, if that's the fence I don't want to be on it and that fence go soon collapse cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin
Looks might be deceiving Sha
Come on board and enjoy the view grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:08am On Feb 10, 2021
afrodoc2:

As an AM he can't just be making runs all the time. He also can't just be giving the obvious quick anywhere bele face pass all the time.

When he gets the ball he should sometimes hold it, turn, and move with it towards the opponent's area OR hold it turn and make a truly incisive pass.

He is an intelligent player but he is not creative enough and quite significantly he doesn't get involved in midfield play enough. His stats for Ajax foreshadowed this and this was one of the reasons i had my VDB vs De Jong debate with Kagawa.

He is presently playing like (using an Elampism) a midfield hyena.
He behaves like he is the striker most times

As an AM in this united system, you are the creative link, hold ball and make a pass not just make " make e no spoil for my leg" pass Everytime

That stuff can be annoying to watch especially as united does play that kind of ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:52am On Feb 10, 2021
Oasis007:
grin

VDB is a waste of £££££. He's talented, yes - but not suit to our Style of Play at all. He's gonna flourish at Man City or Barcelona. If he wanna excel at United under OGS, he needs to stop playing "e no go spoil for my leg" style of play.
Sebi una say Ole get list grin. Ole added a VDB that doesn't suit his style of play to his list cheesy

Agenda tinz grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:54am On Feb 10, 2021
Tommorow same you will tell us Ole doesn't have style of play and tactics. Confused from head to toe cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 9:20am On Feb 10, 2021
It was a desperate buy.
TrebleChamp:
Sebi una say Ole get list grin. Ole added a VDB that doesn't suit his style of play to his list cheesy

Agenda tinz grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dammywapes(m): 9:22am On Feb 10, 2021

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:22am On Feb 10, 2021
benji93:
It was a desperate buy.
Desparado ni

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:53am On Feb 10, 2021
eph12:

Desparado ni

The only real addition to the team this season was Cavani.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:01am On Feb 10, 2021
With Pogba out, I will like to see a midfield of VDB - Bruno - McTom start on Sunday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:14am On Feb 10, 2021
benji93:
It was a desperate buy.
It was just a friendly dig at Oasisi007 jare, but dat tool 2 quote below mine would never understand a joke even if we stick it into its brain....

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 12:07pm On Feb 10, 2021
Still on Rashford he has only one league goal In his past 8 matches. What kind of nonsense is that.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:22pm On Feb 10, 2021
Wahala...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 12:34pm On Feb 10, 2021
#OleOUT

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 12:47pm On Feb 10, 2021
Lana1:
With Pogba out, I will like to see a midfield of VDB - Bruno - McTom start on Sunday

Except Fred's leg got broken, there's no way that Ole is starting VDB ahead of MCFred midfield. Infact , he'll rather start Matic sef grin
And to be fair, I don't think Ole is convinced of VDB as a Box to box. He only plays him as a 10.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 10, 2021
#OleMustGo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 1:18pm On Feb 10, 2021
Some peeps are busy making fun of Mourinho when it's obvious that Mourinho intentionally got himself sacked.

If you were following his pressers at the time, you'd see that Mourinho played those Foolish Ed Woodward & co.

During the pre-season of the season Mou left...he made it very clear what to expect in the season - that the team would struggle, and it happened.

Not too long after M0u's contract was renewed, he started throwing shades at the club. I remember vividly, after the UCL game with Juventus Mou said that Juve's acquisition of CR7 despite having the likes of Dybala, Mandzukic and co was a testament to the fact that they're a very ambitious side.

Not to talk of when Mou realized that he had started loosing the respect, and backing of some of the people at the club, and some so-called Legends like OlE who were constantly criticizing the team's performance under Mou.

It was when the bolded became obvious to him that he started throwing shades at everybody and reminding them of his past achievements
cheesy cheesy
That period if Mou lose any game and the reporters quiz am...baba go begin talk of him past glories as a coach. cheesy cheesy

If you are in this thread and you still don't know that Mou gave MUFC a brutal checkmate by intentionally getting himself sacked, so he could cash out,and get the fvck out of a dieing, ambitionless club run by a pack of business-minded twats, then all I can say is "it's a pirry"

Naive people be in this thread talking about Mou Everytime...you think for a moment in his life ....he ever felt bad about leaving a stupid club

Naah...he provoked and forced the hands of his employers to sack him. tongue tongue tongue

I remember someone on this thread saying he'll support united just the way he supports Super Eagles...no strings attached

With these idiots running the club ... it's just a top-4 business and nothing More...that is why OlE is so comfortable. He said himself that the project is long-term - that was what he discussed with Ed & co kiss

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:23pm On Feb 10, 2021
If City had signed VDB, we for still dey here dey complain say Woodward no try. Let the coaching staff work with him to improve his game.

He should play more centrally and keep the ball for a split second...The coaches should have noticed he drifts out wide often and doesn't keep the ball enough to influence the play...E no go make sense if him flop here at all...

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:28pm On Feb 10, 2021
LostMyZeal:
Some peeps are busy making fun of Mourinho when it's obvious that Mourinho intentionally got himself sacked.

If you were following his pressers at the time, you'd see that Mourinho played those Foolish Ed Woodward & co.

During the pre-season of the season Mou left...he made it very clear what to expect in the season - that the team would struggle, and it happened.

Not too long after M0u's contract was renewed, he started throwing shades at the club. I remember vividly, after the UCL game with Juventus Mou said that Juve's acquisition of CR7 despite having the likes of Dybala, Mandzukic and co was a testament to the fact that they're a very ambitious side.

Not to talk of when Mou realized that he had started loosing the respect, and backing of some of the people at the club, and some so-called Legends like OlE who were constantly criticizing the team's performance under Mou.

It was when the bolded became obvious to him that he started throwing shades at everybody and reminding them of his past achievements
cheesy cheesy
That period if Mou lose any game and the reporters quiz am...baba go begin talk of him past glories as a coach. cheesy cheesy

If you are in this thread and you still don't know that Mou gave MUFC a brutal checkmate by intentionally getting himself sacked, so he could cash out,and get the fvck out of a dieing, ambitionless club run by a pack of business-minded twats, then all I can say is "it's a pirry"

Naive people be in this thread talking about Mou Everytime...you think for a moment in his life ....he ever felt bad about leaving a stupid club

Naah...he provoked and forced the hands of his employers to sack him. tongue tongue tongue

I remember someone on this thread saying he'll support united just the way he supports Super Eagles...no strings attached

With these idiots running the club ... it's just a top-4 business and nothing More...that is why OlE is so comfortable. He said himself that the project is long-term - that was what he discussed with Ed & co kiss

S
H
A
L
A
Y
E
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2021
KingAlabi:

S
H
A
L
A
Y
E

Mehn...you literally live in this thread.
Omo how dyu manage to do that shii shocked

Are you an employer of Labour?
Like you got peeps werking for you or lipsrsealed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 2:10pm On Feb 10, 2021
Expert17:

Mctominay outscoring our best finisher grin cheesy grin

Balon dor potential
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 2:12pm On Feb 10, 2021
Double post
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
If City had signed VDB, we for still dey here dey complain say Woodward no try. Let the coaching staff work with him to improve his game.

He should play more centrally and keep the ball for a split second...The coaches should have noticed he drifts out wide often and doesn't keep the ball enough to influence the play...E no go make sense if him flop here at all...
If the bolded happens, Mino Riola go finish us with yab again grin....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2021
So a Midfielder should be taught how to play like a midfielder? I really don’t understand all this unnecessary debate about VDB.

Instead of connecting midfield to attack and supplying the attackers with goal scoring opportunities, he is always making runs and looking to be at the end of through balls.

Can someone please remind him that; he plays in the position of the player who is MAJORLY supposed to be giving the throughballs, not receiving them!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 3:45pm On Feb 10, 2021
One thing people should know about vdb is that he is a proper product of TOTAL FOOTBALL, that ajax academy teaches their players basically all key positions and roles in football, especially for midfielders,they are above average in finding and giving passes.

Now anytime vdb plays and either of Fred/matic holds the ball,vdb ALWAYS positions himself in between passing lanes,he puts himself in a position where the passer of the ball should be forced to make a vertical splitting pass,the basic problem of that our midfield is that its not really drilled well tactically..its basically individual brilliance that helps us..our players are too immobile that's why its also affecting vdb.now ogs supposedly called vdb and convinced him to join knowing his strengths, he's not a player to always hold on to the ball and dribble,he's the player that needs players around him with a similar level of football intelligence.. Now whether we like it or not,ogs doesn't really have a sound tactical setup to help players like this..
An average Spanish coach would do better with him..I'm just saying that he shouldn't be written off immediately, hopefully once we get a better manager,his qualities would show.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:51pm On Feb 10, 2021
SyIvalord:
So a Midfielder should be taught how to play like a midfielder? I really don’t understand all this unnecessary debate about VDB.

Instead of connecting midfield to attack and supplying the attackers with goal scoring opportunities, he is always making runs and looking to be at the end of through balls.

Can someone please remind him that; he plays in the position of the player who is MAJORLY supposed to be giving the throughballs, not receiving them!
That is why we have coaches to help improve players, their positional play as well as passing...

We all watched VDB at Ajax and didn't notice this deficiency or maybe we just didn't pay enough attention but then, for a club as big as ours to go after a player, I don't want to believe they didn't see something that excited them...It is imperative he comes good because if he fails, it will be a case of one too many failures here...

We have signed so many players who were doing well before joining us. If this trend continues, most players will be skeptical when the idea of joining Manchester United pops up.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:56pm On Feb 10, 2021
dubylhover:
One thing people should know about vdb is that he is a proper product of TOTAL FOOTBALL, that ajax academy teaches their players basically all key positions and roles in football, especially for midfielders,they are above average in finding and giving passes.

Now anytime vdb plays and either of Fred/matic holds the ball,vdb ALWAYS positions himself in between passing lanes,he puts himself in a position where the passer of the ball should be forced to make a vertical splitting pass,the basic problem of that our midfield is that its not really drilled well tactically..its basically individual brilliance that helps us..our players are too immobile that's why its also affecting vdb.now ogs supposedly called vdb and convinced him to join knowing his strengths, he's not a player to always hold on to the ball and dribble,he's the player that needs players around him with a similar level of football intelligence.. Now whether we like it or not,ogs doesn't really have a sound tactical setup to help players like this..
An average Spanish coach would do better with him..I'm just saying that he shouldn't be written off immediately, hopefully once we get a better manager,his qualities would show.
You're spot on with the bolded, that guy takes up positions I find interesting but our midfielders hardly ever make those passes for fear of losing the ball (Fred tries it but his passes aren't always accurate)...

I watched VDB playing with De Jong, Ziyech, Blind and others at Ajax and he did not look timid. That Ajax team was renowned for their crisp passing and movement, something we collectively lack as a team.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9566) (9567) (9568) (9569) (9570) (9571) (9572) ... (14181) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eghos12(m), Kamelot77(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.