Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,696 members, 7,831,171 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8776136 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9567) (9568) (9569) (9570) (9571) (9572) (9573) ... (14175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
You're spot on with the bolded, that guy takes up positions I find interesting but our midfielders hardly ever make those passes for fear of losing the ball (Fred tries it but his passes aren't always accurate)...

I watched VDB playing with De Jong, Ziyech, Blind and others at Ajax and he did not look timid. That Ajax team was renowned for their crisp passing and movement, something we collectively lack as a team.

It was very frustrating to watch,at least Fred has the idea of The pass, just that he lacks the ability to give it..if we had a carrick type of player in that matic role,vdb would be eating good,those vertical passes easily takes out 2 or more midfieders out of the game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 4:01pm On Feb 10, 2021
Luke Shaw on Sir Ole Man management and getting the best out of players.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2021
dubylhover:

It was very frustrating to watch,at least Fred has the idea of The pass, just that he lacks the ability to give it..if we had a carrick type of player in that matic role,vdb would be eating good,those vertical passes easily takes out 2 or more midfieders out of the game.
You definitely know your football...

Carrick mastered the art of releasing those vertical passes which in the process easily takes out 2-3 players...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:14pm On Feb 10, 2021
Also, Manchester United have not contacted Sergio Ramos agent as of today - they’ll decide for the real target as centre-back in the coming months.
PSG are interested [only if Sergio will leave the club as free agent, no decision yet - situation still open with Real].

- Fabrizio Romano
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2021
Manchester United have never been in advanced talks to sign Upamecano - always been appreciated but ‘unlikely’. He’s the main target for Bayern Münich prepared to pay the release clause, Chelsea and Liverpool are still in the race. Also PSG interest now cooled down.

- Fabrizio Romano
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2021
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
That is why we have coaches to help improve players, their positional play as well as passing...

We all watched VDB at Ajax and didn't notice this deficiency or maybe we just didn't pay enough attention but then, for a club as big as ours to go after a player, I don't want to believe they didn't see something that excited them...It is imperative he comes good because if he fails, it will be a case of one too many failures here...

We have signed so many players who were doing well before joining us. If this trend continues, most players will be skeptical when the idea of joining Manchester United pops up.

I believe i had a debate here with Kagawa in which i felt FDJ was better but he said VDB was the main guy in that Ajax midfield. I didn't like the fact that in a possession oriented team that dominates possession in most of its games FDJ was averaging 65 passes per game while VDB was averaging just 30 passes per game.
Watching him at close quarters now it all makes sense. Running far head of the ball into dangerous areas and getting involved only minimally in build up play is his natural style. If the coaches at Ajax could not change him over several years of his development i am not sure how easy it is for him to change now at this stage.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2021
Ole's Tactics ain't good for this Lad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BstufDvKjRE

He won't do bad as a CM - B2B Midfielder. Certainly he's not an AM.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:32pm On Feb 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
That is why we have coaches to help improve players, their positional play as well as passing...

We all watched VDB at Ajax and didn't notice this deficiency or maybe we just didn't pay enough attention but then, for a club as big as ours to go after a player, I don't want to believe they didn't see something that excited them...It is imperative he comes good because if he fails, it will be a case of one too many failures here...

We have signed so many players who were doing well before joining us. If this trend continues, most players will be skeptical when the idea of joining Manchester United pops up.

Another point to note is that after these players left us a good number of them got their groove back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2021
codedguy1:

Another point to note is that after these players left us a good number of them got their groove back.
Name some of them?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2021
Leyqute:

The only real addition to the team this season was Cavani.
You would have said something different if Martial was in form this season, limiting Cavani to scraps and VDB managed to dislodge Fred from the first team

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:43pm On Feb 10, 2021
Trevor012:

Name some of them?

Di maria, Depay, zaha.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2021
KingAlabi:

He behaves like he is the striker most times

As an AM in this united system, you are the creative link, hold ball and make a pass not just make " make e no spoil for my leg" pass Everytime

That stuff can be annoying to watch especially as united does play that kind of ball.

It simply means that's not his style of play. Now what exactly did the scout see in him that they recommended him to be bought?

It would be unfair to start asking him to do what he ain't used to. We should play him to his strength, whether Ole and the coaching crew can achieve that with the team is another question. Not that he is a Maradona that the whole team would be tweaked to suit his style. grin

He is majorly suited for quick precise passes with very mobile team mates and we don't play that kind of football now.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2021
afrodoc2:

I believe had an debate here with Kagawa
Doc, before a player is signed, I want to believe a detailed analysis of his game was done by those in charge and he was deemed a possible good fit for the team...

I remember your debate with Kagawa sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
eph12:

You would have said something different if Martial was in form this season, limiting Cavani to scraps and VDB managed to dislodge Fred from the first team
True that...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2021
codedguy1:

Exactly...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2021
Imagine we bought an AM midfielder to be a creative hub for the team, instead, the team is expected to create for him and give him fine through balls and defense splitting passes, meanwhile that is suppose to be the Job of the said player in the first place. Omo, this one done pass ment o grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
Doc, before a player is signed, I want to believe a detailed analysis of his game was done by those in charge and he was deemed a possible good fit for the team...

I remember your debate with Kagawa sha

He is an intelligent player but he is so different from Bruno that if we use him as a sub or alternative for Bruno our play would likely go to pieces, not because he is not decent but because our play right now is based on Bruno's skillset.

Bruno is a player who goes out to seek the ball and can hold it turn and pass long or short. For example Bruno averages about 3 long balls a game for us, VDB for his career has averaged just under 1 long ball a game. He is not the one to pass long for Rashy or Martial's runs INSTEAD he wants to make the runs so that McFred can find him with long balls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2021
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 5:07pm On Feb 10, 2021
afrodoc2:

He is an intelligent player but he is so different from Bruno that if we use him as a sub or alternative for Bruno our play would likely go to pieces, not because he is not decent but because our play right now is based on Bruno's skillset.

Bruno is a player who goes out to seek the ball and can hold it turn and pass long or short. For example Bruno averages about 3 long balls a game for us, VDB for his career has averaged just under 1 long ball a game. He is not the one to pass long for Rashy or Martial's runs INSTEAD he wants to make the runs so that McFred can find him with long balls.

Lol, I now see why Madrid didn't go far VDB when they wanted to buy him before. He's definitely a false AM. I mean since I've been watching most renowned AM in the world since the day I've been watching this game, I've never seen anyone play that role in that manner that VDB wants to play the role. It's total bullshit.

Even Bruno makes runs for passes sometimes too, but he doesn't stay up front and make runs all day expecting passes. He knows he has to drop to collect ball and make things happen for his front three

I also now see the reason why the Netherlands coaches often opt to play Wijnaldum as the AM instead of VDB in most of their serious games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2021
afrodoc2:

I think most times he positions himself in a way that a quick vertical pass can release him to turn and look for the forwards but the pass doesn't come and when it goes through, he immediately releases the ball back to Fred/Matic...I think this has to do more with lack of confidence in his ability to turn and find his strikers...I'd like to see him going towards the ball and using his quick passing to move the ball forward but that will mean playing with a CM that's good with touch and move football...He'd have worked well with Herrera...

In all, I hope Ole and the others find a way to best utilize him. Maybe, when Bruno is not on the pitch we need to change our pattern of play...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
I think most times he positions himself in a way that a quick vertical pass can release him to turn and look for the forwards but the pass doesn't come and when it goes through, he immediately releases the ball back to Fred/Matic...I think this has to do more with lack of confidence in his ability to turn and find his strikers...I'd like to see him going towards the ball and using his quick passing to move the ball forward but that will mean playing with a CM that's good with touch and move football...He'd have worked well with Herrera...

In all, I hope Ole and the others find a way to best utilize him. Maybe, when Bruno is not on the pitch we need to change our pattern of play...

He should not be waiting for those vertical passes all the time. After all somehow the ball gets to Bruno from this same McFred and he makes things happen from there. The problem is with VDB IMO. He should spend less time making runs into the box waiting for vertical passes and more time helping to build up play for others and make those vertical passes himself.

As a 10 he should be creating for Cavani, Rashy, Martial NOT expecting McFred to create for him. Bruno and Pogba pick and choose when to make those runs, he should too.

Let us even forget the lack of McFred vertical passes for a second. What does he do when he gets the ball? He passes it to the nearest man whether it be Fred, AWB, Maguire or DDG. He does not turn and look to see if Rashy or Cavani are making good runs so HE can make vertical passes for them to score. Do you know how many runs by our forwards he has wasted because he refused to turn and look forward with the ball?

He wants McFred to make vertical passes to him, the same vertical passes he refuses to give Cavani and co. grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2021
LostMyZeal:

Mehn...you literally live in this thread.
Omo how dyu manage to do that shii shocked

Are you an employer of Labour?
Like you got peeps werking for you or lipsrsealed

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:33pm On Feb 10, 2021
afrodoc2:

He should not be waiting for those vertical passes all the time. After all somehow the ball gets to Bruno from this same McFred and he makes things happen from there. The problem is with VDB IMO. He should spend less time making runs into the box waiting for vertical passes and more time helping to build up play for others and make those vertical passes himself.

As a 10 he should be creating for Cavani, Rashy, Martial NOT expecting McFred to create for him. Bruno and Pogba pick and choose when to make those runs, he should too.

Let us even forget the lack of McFred vertical passes for a second. What does he do when he gets the ball? He passes it to the nearest man whether it be Fred, AWB, Maguire or DDG. He does not turn and look to see if Rashy or Cavani are making good runs so HE can make vertical passes for them to score. Do you know how many runs by our forwards he has wasted because he refused to turn and look forward with the ball?

He wants McFred to make vertical passes to him, the same vertical passes he refuses to give Cavani and co. grin

It's the very reason I said the coaches should work with him to improve his play...If me and you can see it, then the coaches too must have noticed it...I don't want to believe he doesn't have it in him to receive the ball from Fred/Matic and look to find our strikers...He might not be as good as Bruno in that regard but definitely should not be that bad...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2021
timay:

Lol, I now see why Madrid didn't go far VDB when they wanted to buy him before. He's definitely a false AM. I mean since I've been watching most renowned AM in the world since the day I've been watching this game, I've never seen anyone play that role in that manner that VDB wants to play the role. It's total bullshit.

Even Bruno makes runs for passes sometimes too, but he doesn't stay up front and make runs all day expecting passes. He knows he has to drop to collect ball and make things happen for his front three

I also now see the reason why the Netherlands coaches often opt to play Wijnaldum as the AM instead of VDB in most of their serious games.
So, why didn't Madrid go for Bruno? And all the other good players?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:40pm On Feb 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
It's the very reason I said the coaches should work with him to improve his play...If me and you can see it, then the coaches too must have noticed it...I don't want to believe he doesn't have it in him to receive the ball from Fred/Matic and look to find our strikers...He might not be as good as Bruno in that regard but definitely should not be that bad...

It will take time cos you can't correct a habit of 10years in 5 months, and i don't think he himself trusts is own long passing ability. His fast interplay is nice but he needs to mix it up and hold the ball and make defence splitting passes as well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 5:46pm On Feb 10, 2021
Any technically sound player would flop under ole.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:50pm On Feb 10, 2021
afrodoc2:

It will take time cos you can't correct a habit of 10years in 5 months, and i don't think he himself trusts is own long passing ability. His fast interplay is nice but he needs to mix it up and hold the ball land make defence splitting passes as well.
You're right...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 6:09pm On Feb 10, 2021
Botfuss:
??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 6:37pm On Feb 10, 2021
Botfuss:
Has Bruno flopped?
Or he isn't technically sound?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 6:38pm On Feb 10, 2021
timay:
Imagine we bought an AM midfielder to be a creative hub for the team, instead, the team is expected to create for him and give him fine through balls and defense splitting passes, meanwhile that is suppose to be the Job of the said player in the first place. Omo, this one done pass ment o grin

God bless you for this!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:13pm On Feb 10, 2021
Botfuss:

You truly lack what to type..

Dunno those who liked this post ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9567) (9568) (9569) (9570) (9571) (9572) (9573) ... (14175) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Corlah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.