Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,140 members, 7,852,885 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:55 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8845341 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9568) (9569) (9570) (9571) (9572) (9573) (9574) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:15pm On Feb 10, 2021
Only Bayern Munich's matches have seen more goals (84) than Manchester United's (79) in Europe's top five leagues this season.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 7:20pm On Feb 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
So, why didn't Madrid go for Bruno? And all the other good players?

Well, Bruno wasn't highly rated as a wonder boy like those Ajax boys. He was below the radar with minimal hype and most of the big clubs didn't rate him that much the way they will rate the likes of VDB or De jong as per the he's not a flashy kind of player. Even Totenham dey price am like garri with Sporting Lisbon then and wanted to take him on loan with option to buy, just to show you that they didn't rate him that much. Even us as a club wasn't that serious about him. It only took us to have our season turning into shit before we decided to take a risky on him, which paid off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 7:20pm On Feb 10, 2021
Botfuss:
Any technically sound player would flop under ole.
See nonsense talk. So Cavani, Bruno, Shaw, Rashford etc are flopping under Ole? Nonsense and Ingredients.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 7:26pm On Feb 10, 2021
afrodoc2:

He should not be waiting for those vertical passes all the time. After all somehow the ball gets to Bruno from this same McFred and he makes things happen from there. The problem is with VDB IMO. He should spend less time making runs into the box waiting for vertical passes and more time helping to build up play for others and make those vertical passes himself.

As a 10 he should be creating for Cavani, Rashy, Martial NOT expecting McFred to create for him. Bruno and Pogba pick and choose when to make those runs, he should too.

Let us even forget the lack of McFred vertical passes for a second. What does he do when he gets the ball? He passes it to the nearest man whether it be Fred, AWB, Maguire or DDG. He does not turn and look to see if Rashy or Cavani are making good runs so HE can make vertical passes for them to score. Do you know how many runs by our forwards he has wasted because he refused to turn and look forward with the ball?

He wants McFred to make vertical passes to him, the same vertical passes he refuses to give Cavani and co. grin

I remember a match like that the he played in, he had the ball for a counter attack, I think Rashy was in the other side with acres of space, instead of my guy to do a diagonal pass, he cut the ball back and passed back , thereby wasting the opportunity. OGS was visibly furious that day. It was the day I concluded that he can't make it playing as a 10. He plays it way to safe for someone that is supposed to be an AM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 7:33pm On Feb 10, 2021
SyIvalord:
See nonsense talk. So Cavani, Bruno, Shaw, Rashford etc are flopping under Ole? Nonsense and Ingredients.

You are dumb sha. Are awb, Maguire, vdb, James, greenwood, flourishing under ole?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:33pm On Feb 10, 2021
timay:

Well, Bruno wasn't highly rated as a wonder boy like those Ajax boys. He was below the radar with minimal hype and most of the big clubs didn't rate him that much the way they will rate the likes of VDB or De jong as per the he's not a flashy kind of player. Even Totenham dey price am like garri with Sporting Lisbon then and wanted to take him on loan with option to buy, just to show you that they didn't rate him that much. Even us as a club wasn't that serious about him. It only took us to have our season turning into shit before we decided to take a risky on him, which paid off.
Madrid didn't notice nothing...We just swooped in and signed VDB...

Any player we sign that is struggling, you guys try to downplay their ability but if he joined City and was blossoming, it would have been Ed getting the stick now...

See how easy it is for you to rubbish VDB who's not been here for up to a year but you will find all the excuses in the world for Ole...

E be things...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:39pm On Feb 10, 2021
SyIvalord:
So a Midfielder should be taught how to play like a midfielder? I really don’t understand all this unnecessary debate about VDB.

Instead of connecting midfield to attack and supplying the attackers with goal scoring opportunities, he is always making runs and looking to be at the end of through balls.

Can someone please remind him that; he plays in the position of the player who is MAJORLY supposed to be giving the throughballs, not receiving them!

And then he went on to say that Man City would've made good use for him. Why didn't Pep make good use of Bravo?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 7:39pm On Feb 10, 2021
First season ole bottled top 4 when he only needed 6 points against Cardiff and Huddersfield who were already relegated.
Gollum bottled FA cup quarters to Wolves.

Second Season, same PE dude bottled 3 Semis.

Third season(so far), bottled champions league group stages, already bottled 1 Semi.

This man is a clown

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 7:39pm On Feb 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
Madrid didn't notice nothing...We just swooped in and signed VDB...

Any player we sign that is struggling, you guys try to downplay their ability but if he joined City and was blossoming, it would have been Ed getting the stick now...

See how easy it is for you to rubbish VDB who's not been here for up to a year but you will find all the excuses in the world for Ole...

E be things...

if you say so then.

VDB will come good eventually and with time. Coming to EPL and Man utd is a big step up in his career, so he'll need time to adjust. Not every player will be a Bruno. Bruno was an exception and not the Normal. Most players don't kick the ground running immediately in new clubs.

Criticizing VDB for an obvious deficiency in his play is not out of place, it will only make him adjust and iron them out. After all the likes of Fred had worse at the beginning of their United career., similar to VDB because of the step up from a lower league to a big league, now he's fine.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2021
VDB is a good player but he needs to stop keeping it so simple. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 7:43pm On Feb 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
That is why we have coaches to help improve players, their positional play as well as passing...
Not everything can be taught. VDB simply cannot play defence splitting passes and we need our AM to be able to play defence splitting passes.

It will take time to change his positional play and he should be the one to focus on training to be better

We all watched VDB at Ajax and didn't notice this deficiency or maybe we just didn't pay enough attention but then, for a club as big as ours to go after a player, I don't want to believe they didn't see something that excited them...It is imperative he comes good because if he fails, it will be a case of one too many failures here...

We have signed so many players who were doing well before joining us. If this trend continues, most players will be skeptical when the idea of joining Manchester United pops up.
It’s on VDB to make sure he comes good, not on the club. If he doesn’t come good, he will be promptly sold. This is Manchester United, not Ajax or Dortmund where improving young footballers is the main goal.

You are one of those who are not patient with the coach and you want him to win trophies immediately. How can he win trophies with a player like VDB who doesn’t even posses the qualities we need from a player that plays in his position?

How many clubs have ever won titles with players who are still being taught how to play in their position?

If VDB wants to be a big part of the team, then he should hit the training ground and train hard. It’s on him to improve himself. I am sure he knows what the coach wants from him and I am sure he knows he is not doing what the coach wants him to do.

I am not saying VDB will not come good. I think he will get better over time. But there is no space for him in the first team now.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 7:44pm On Feb 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
You're spot on with the bolded, that guy takes up positions I find interesting but our midfielders hardly ever make those passes for fear of losing the ball (Fred tries it but his passes aren't always accurate)...

I watched VDB playing with De Jong, Ziyech, Blind and others at Ajax and he did not look timid. That Ajax team was renowned for their crisp passing and movement, something we collectively lack as a team.

Van de Beek will be fine if ole plays him in his best position. Trouble for Ole is, he needs two protecting midfielders instead of one. And that’s down to centre back problems!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 7:46pm On Feb 10, 2021
cool

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 7:50pm On Feb 10, 2021
Botfuss:
Any technically sound player would flop under ole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 7:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
Leyqute:

And then he went on to say that Man City would've made good use for him. Why didn't Pep make good use of Bravo?

People who always say Pep will make good use of a certain player make me wonder if no player has ever flopped under pep, especially in their first season with him.

Sane was largely a flop under pep, where was Stones before this season? Bravo had to be promptly discarded and replaced after one season, Gabriel Jesus nko? I guess Pep is using him to tear the world apart? What happened to Rodri last season? Pep did not perform magic on him?

They turn blind eyes to all these things just because they want to find something to criticize Ole with. So Ole must teach VDB how to play as an AM because you don’t want him to flop here? Let them just start academy sessions in training for VDB na. Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
dubylhover:
One thing people should know about vdb is that he is a proper product of TOTAL FOOTBALL, that ajax academy teaches their players basically all key positions and roles in football, especially for midfielders,they are above average in finding and giving passes.

Now anytime vdb plays and either of Fred/matic holds the ball,vdb ALWAYS positions himself in between passing lanes,he puts himself in a position where the passer of the ball should be forced to make a vertical splitting pass,the basic problem of that our midfield is that its not really drilled well tactically..its basically individual brilliance that helps us..our players are too immobile that's why its also affecting vdb.now ogs supposedly called vdb and convinced him to join knowing his strengths, he's not a player to always hold on to the ball and dribble,he's the player that needs players around him with a similar level of football intelligence.. Now whether we like it or not,ogs doesn't really have a sound tactical setup to help players like this..
An average Spanish coach would do better with him..I'm just saying that he shouldn't be written off immediately, hopefully once we get a better manager,his qualities would show.

This sounds like an excuse. Ajax always playing in a particular way doesn't mean all other teams must play in that manner.

As a footballer, you have to adapt to different circumstances and situations on the pitch. Part of football is understanding your teammates and learning their mannerisms to suit your game to theirs. Martial, for instance, will hardly make a run behind a defender on the wings. If you give him a defence splitting pass in that manner you're just going to waste the ball. Also, Rashford will never make a run behind opposition defenders if he sees an opening and the ball is with McTomminay or Fred. Cos he knows the pass will hardly be accurate. But once it's Pogba, you'll see him sprinting with his heels at the back of his head.

Same with VDB. If you keep passing and immediately making yourself available for a difficult return, vertical pass and no one is giving you the ball , something should tell you to try something else to help the team. Make yourself available for the simple pass.

And he's a midfielder. Primary job is to create. And you will hardly create when you're constantly on the move.

Doesn't he play in other teams apart from Ajax? How has his performance for Netherlands been?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 7:58pm On Feb 10, 2021
Joezinho:

Van de Beek will be fine if ole plays him in his best position. Trouble for Ole is, he needs two protecting midfielders instead of one. And that’s down to centre back problems!

Ole's style is a 4231, I think it's not because of CB problem but that's just his pattern. He's tried 352, 442 and after a while gone back to his 4231. I doubt he will change it for VDB any time soon.

Even before Bruno , when we were shit, he still plays 4231 consistently with Lingard or Perera as the no. 10..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 10, 2021
Oasis007 didn't I tell you I won't bet on that grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 8:00pm On Feb 10, 2021
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 10, 2021
Any technically sound player will flop under Ole..

grin grin grin

This criticism is no longer objective, Oleouters are beginning to sound like trolls.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 8:05pm On Feb 10, 2021
Leyqute:

This sounds like an excuse. Ajax always playing in a particular way doesn't mean all other teams must play in that manner.

As a footballer, you have to adapt to different circumstances and situations on the pitch. Part of football is understanding your teammates and learning their mannerisms to suit your game to theirs. Martial, for instance, will hardly make a run behind a defender on the wings. If you give him a defence splitting pass in that manner you're just going to waste the ball. Also, Rashford will never make a run behind opposition defenders if he sees an opening and the ball is with McTomminay or Fred. Cos he knows the pass will hardly be accurate. But once it's Pogba, you'll see him sprinting with his heels at the back of his head.

Same with VDB. If you keep passing and immediately making yourself available for a difficult return, vertical pass and no one is giving you the ball , something should tell you to try something else to help the team. Make yourself available for the simple pass.

And he's a midfielder. Primary job is to create. And you will hardly create when you're constantly on the move.

Doesn't he play in other teams apart from Ajax? How has his performance for Netherlands been?
@bolded , even in Netherlands, he barely starts in serious matches. Infact they usually play Wijnaldum as a 10 rather than him because he rarely influences game as an AM. He usually have the least touches in games as if he's a CF
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2021
Double post
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2021
handelex:

grin grin grin

This criticism is no longer objective, Oleouters are beginning to sound like trolls.
Lol, na today you know say some so-called fans here are trolls in disguise?

It’s either they are trolls or sense just far from them sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 8:12pm On Feb 10, 2021
handelex:

grin grin grin

Keep deceiving yourself you hear undecided

OLE is a fraud ..a very incompetent one at that

I see you and your likes are doing better than lai Mohammed and Adesina

It's obvious even to a dumbass that all the players ole bought were doing well at their former clubs

They were star players before coming...now they look average and clueless like their master

Bruno Fernandez played better when he was at sporting...go figure...

It's all about the system ok wink wink

And please stop trying to outdo the likes of Leyqute & Sylvadunce abi Sylvamumu in their stupidity

Those ones are titled elders...they are vastly experienced.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:12pm On Feb 10, 2021
SyIvalord:
Not everything can be taught. VDB simply cannot play defence splitting passes and we need our AM to be able to play defence splitting passes.

It will take time to change his positional play and he should be the one to focus on training to be better

It’s on VDB to make sure he comes good, not on the club. If he doesn’t come good, he will be promptly sold. This is Manchester United, not Ajax or Dortmund where improving young footballers is the main goal.

You are one of those who are not patient with the coach and you want him to win trophies immediately. How can he win trophies with a player like VDB who doesn’t even posses the qualities we need from a player that plays in his position?

How many clubs have ever won titles with players who are still being taught how to play in their position?

If VDB wants to be a big part of the team, then he should hit the training ground and train hard. It’s on him to improve himself. I am sure he knows what the coach wants from him and I am sure he knows he is not doing what the coach wants him to do.

I am not saying VDB will not come good. I think he will get better over time. But there is no space for him in the first team now.
So you recognize it's Manchester United abi? Good to know...

As per the bolded, it was Ole that recommended that VDB be signed not me so what did he see in VDB to have ask the board to sign him?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 10, 2021
SyIvalord:
Lol, na today you know say some so-called fans here are trolls in disguise?

It’s either they are trolls or sense just far from them sha.
The thing dey weak me aswear.
It's just pure hatred for Ole, cos I can't understand, everyday same issue.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2021
handelex:

grin grin grin

Can you just respond to him instead of taking a swipe at others?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2021
LostMyZeal:

Keep deceiving yourself you hear undecided

OLE is a fraud ..a very incompetent one at that

I see you and your likes are doing better than lai Mohammed and Adesina

It's obvious even to a dumbass that all the players ole bought were doing well at their former clubs

They were star players before coming...now they look average and clueless like their master

Bruno Fernandez played better when he was at sporting...go figure...

It's all about the system ok wink wink

And please stop trying to outdo the likes of Leyqute & Sylvadunce abi Sylvamumu in their stupidity

Those ones are titled elders...they are vastly experienced.
k

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:21pm On Feb 10, 2021
From most of the opinions here, it is obvious we all recognize the issues with VDB...I expect the coaching staff to work with him closely...

He should make himself available for the simple pass and be more adventurous with the ball...

Asking that the coaches work with him isn't an attack on Ole as some folks will think...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 8:23pm On Feb 10, 2021
handelex:
k

Hehehe...says a handless nigga

Leyqute come and take ya apprentice and GTFO of this thread.

Drag him by the ears ...since he no get hand grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
Can you just respond to him instead of taking a swipe at others?
Ok Patrick, tell me you didn't like that post?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:30pm On Feb 10, 2021
handelex:
Ok Patrick, tell me you didn't like that post?
I don't agree with the post...But I know some players require certain set ups to function effectively...

(1) (2) (3) ... (9568) (9569) (9570) (9571) (9572) (9573) (9574) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.