Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9658) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8684607 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9655) (9656) (9657) (9658) (9659) (9660) (9661) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:09am On Feb 25, 2021
KingAlabi:

Looking at that game
Tuchel plays the exact same formation lampard uses against us when we played in the past

But one thing I have noticed is the spaces on the flank because of how high Hudson and Alonso play, if rashy and James can draw azi and rudiger out then our starting CF will have a field day(on a counter though)

The 3 CBs are more disciplined under Tuchel. He has tried to eliminate counter-attack opportunities against his side by playing 3 standing CBs.
Even the central midfielders are quite conservative. In essence he has made them more defensive and possession minded than Lampard’s open gbas gbos that made them more likely to both score and concede goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 25, 2021
timay:

Reason why one southampton youth player Making his league debut wanted to cripple Mctominay the other day. Those refs have allowed those small boys to get used to reckless and dangerous tackles
That's proper British football as they call it. Hard and gritty angry
But most of those tackles can end a career before it starts. There should be moderation and protection especially when some players are targeted more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 25, 2021
KingAlabi:

Looking at that game
Tuchel plays the exact same formation lampard uses against us when we played in the past

But one thing I have noticed is the spaces on the flank because of how high Hudson and Alonso play, if rashy and James can draw azi and rudiger out then our starting CF will have a field day(on a counter though)
Ole himself might set up to counter too. That game get as e be.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:32am On Feb 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

He is more ready than Shoretire na so if Shoretire was judged ready then he is also ready. Problem is that it has to be in the EPL cos he is not eligible for the B list in Europe.

Won’t the EPL be too physical for him? He’s still a bit deficient in that aspect although he’s stronger than Amad and Shoretire
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:32am On Feb 25, 2021
handelex:
Yes he was the next in the line for a senior debut, I'll say even before Shoretire but that injury happened. Hope he comes back stronger.

Yeah. Hopefully he comes back stronger.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:35am On Feb 25, 2021
handelex:
Our game against Chelsea, I see Tuchel playing a low block since he's well familiar what our attackers can do when giving space to run. Wish Pogba was fit for that game.

That game might be a boring 0-0 affair.

OGS can force his hand by playing a low block. Tuchel will more likely not try to keep possession and will be very direct. But if United play a low block he’ll be forced to come out and leave those precious space behind.

Remember OgS defeated him in the UCL this season already.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:36am On Feb 25, 2021
Bombblacks:

I actually don't know the level henderson has shown that makes people want him to start for us. If De gea is not good enough then go for another top level goalie. Henderson is not better than Nick Pope and I won't even want him to be United first choice talkless of Henderson. Tim Howard, Ben Foster and even Tomasz Kusczak are examples of quality keepers who have crumbled under the weight of being united number 1.
Top level goalie like who?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:51am On Feb 25, 2021
Leyqute:

Won’t the EPL be too physical for him? He’s still a bit deficient in that aspect although he’s stronger than Amad and Shoretire

Maybe just a few minutes here and there to keep him excited and happy, then possibly loan him out next season depending on how he does in pre-season.

I would still keep Shoretire in the under-23s for next season while giving him a few minutes here and there in the 1st team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 10:51am On Feb 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

Not true at all.

Tomas and Ben were always going to be no2s and the fans were never really sold on Tomas especially. They were signed at about the same time as the great VDS so i don’t know how they could have been expected to be no1. They were backups from Day 1.

I can concede that of Tim but he has a neurological disorder that is often worsened by heightened stress and anxiety. It is a miracle that he was able to have a decent career as a GK at all.
Really shocked, and yet he did very well at Everton. Dude should be given a medal of courage and determination ooh...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 11:01am On Feb 25, 2021
I heard you're playing tonight. That's really weird, use this for inspiration.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 11:03am On Feb 25, 2021
Leyqute:

OGS can force his hand by playing a low block. Tuchel will more likely not try to keep possession and will be very direct. But if United play a low block he’ll be forced to come out and leave those precious space behind.

Remember what Tuchel also did to OGS at Old Trafford?

Why on earth do you think we would not keep possession against lorry parkers like you?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Patrickmuf1(m): 11:05am On Feb 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

Henderson can’t be patient for the sake of his own career. Keepers more than other players must play continuously or else they lose their sharpness. There is a reason why clubs don’t rotate keepers the way they rotate players.

If Henderson waits around for 2 years he would lose so much form that another keeper would be needed to replace DDG.

One of them has to go.
Dean has made over 13 appearances this season which is not bad. Seeing that we are still in the FA Cup and UEL, I reckon it's possible he'll make over 20 appearances across all competitions...

It's not like he's not getting games under his belt, he should be patient...His time will come...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:07am On Feb 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

No not Brexit. He has not been here long enough.
B-list should have been with the club for at least 2 yrs.

Oh. Okay. He got here in August 2019.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Patrickmuf1(m): 11:10am On Feb 25, 2021
eph12:

Top level goalie like who?
If Henderson doesn't make it here, the best option for me is Jan Oblak...I think he is the best goal keeper right now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 25, 2021
Leyqute:

That game will be a very tactical game. Any manager that manages to outwit the other wins.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 11:23am On Feb 25, 2021
timay:

Reason why one southampton youth player Making his league debut wanted to cripple Mctominay the other day. Those refs have allowed those small boys to get used to reckless and dangerous tackles
refereeing in the pl is bad, but at reserve level it is 50x worse
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRick: 11:30am On Feb 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

He is more ready than Shoretire na so if Shoretire was judged ready then he is also ready. Problem is that it has to be in the EPL cos he is not eligible for the B list in Europe.
I'm pretty sure Shola was made promises when he first signed AND with his last contract. He was hotly contested when he signed and some clubs were circling before his pro contract. One of the ways to get him to commit would have been to make promises.

I think his first team involvement and subsequent debut has more to do with these promises than him being physically ready. There's the obvious talent and the club obviously believe in it as well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:48am On Feb 25, 2021
Patrickmuf1:
Dean has made over 13 appearances this season which is not bad. Seeing that we are still in the FA Cup and UEL, I reckon it's possible he'll make over 20 appearances across all competitions...

It's not like he's not getting games under his belt, he should be patient...His time will come...

You are looking at it from your point of view as a fan. Look at it from Henderson's point of view for once. If he does not complain and cause some commotion he will remain here as DDG's no2 until that contract runs out. And the more he keeps 10-15 matches per season the more his skills depreciate.
He is even lucky that we dropped to Europa this season cos in any season we stay in the UCL until knockout stages he will be struggling to make 10 apps. He can't waste his developmental years playing 10-15 games a season. It is not enough for outfielders not to talk of keepers that require more sharpness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:53am On Feb 25, 2021
BikeMan:
I heard you're playing tonight. That's really weird, use this for inspiration.
We can't wait for the rematch this season..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:00pm On Feb 25, 2021
PietroRick:
I'm pretty sure Shola was made promises when he first signed AND with his last contract. He was hotly contested when he signed and some clubs were circling before his pro contract. One of the ways to get him to commit would have been to make promises.

I think his first team involvement and subsequent debut has more to do with these promises than him being physically ready. There's the obvious talent and the club obviously believe in it as well

Yes i believe they made promises but that is not unusual. Mejbri for example was as highly coveted also before he chose us and promises must have been made to entice him to move over from Monaco. Shoretire right now is bigger than Fred, James, Mata so i think he is ready to contribute but not really ready to shine.

He for some reason has been fast tracked since he turned 14 and i suspect it is a combination of him being talented and his family being impatient as well. I read that he once played for England Under-15 as a 14-15 yr old and was brought on in the second half of a game, scored a hat trick in a few minutes and was then taken off immediately.
The guy was scoring like 50 goals a season until they started fast tracking him and i still believe it was a mistake. Leaving him to dominate each age group as he got older would have given him a better platform to develop his skills.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Patrickmuf1(m): 12:32pm On Feb 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

You are looking at it from your point of view as a fan. Look at it from Henderson's point of view for once. If he does not complain and cause some commotion he will remain here as DDG's no2 until that contract runs out. And the more he keeps 10-15 matches per season the more his skills depreciate.
He is even lucky that we dropped to Europa this season cos in any season we stay in the UCL until knockout stages he will be struggling to make 10 apps. He can't waste his developmental years playing 10-15 games a season. It is not enough for outfielders not to talk of keepers that require more sharpness.
I understand but I still think De Gea has some good years ahead of him...

The useless of our defenders (Maguire and Lindelof) is making it hard to judge De Gea's performance...Let's assume Henderson is given an extended run as starter, will it make Lindelof and Maguire improve automatically? I think not...We just might find ourselves asking questions of Hendo in no time...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:33pm On Feb 25, 2021
Patrickmuf1:
If Henderson doesn't make it here, the best option for me is Jan Oblak...I think he is the best goal keeper right now.
True

There are not many around that can be snapped like that. We will have to a some extra mile to land one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 12:37pm On Feb 25, 2021
PietroRick:
refereeing in the pl is bad, but at reserve level it is 50x worse
Refereeing in women's football in England is worst. I follow a lot of WSL games and you see a lot of outrageous calls, offside goals that are even clear and not tight ones o. I remember a referee last season give a penalty against man utd women when the player head the ball away in the box, referee blow whistle, everybody confuse because there was no foul, even opposition even wanted to argue with referee thinking referee was giving a freekick, the referee con say na PK that the man utd player handled the ball with hand , everyone shock including the opposition grin

It's like the FA don't train their referees properly accross board, and it's only getting worse every season

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

The 3 CBs are more disciplined under Tuchel. He has tried to eliminate counter-attack opportunities against his side by playing 3 standing CBs.
Even the central midfielders are quite conservative. In essence he has made them more defensive and possession minded than Lampard’s open gbas gbos that made them more likely to both score and concede goals.
We are one of the best teams in Europe when counter attacking
So let us see how well they will manage us before I will conclude.

It looks like a draw though
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2021
TrebleChamp:
I don't understand. Are you a Bayern fan now? cheesy

Ole has disappointed you this much?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by omoolababs(m): 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2021
MRTA7:

Hopefully he rests Bruno and Rashford tomorrow.
sure. he should rest them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by omoolababs(m): 3:19pm On Feb 25, 2021
handelex:
And Rash is not on PK duties. That guy dey try.
he tried but i want more from him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 3:30pm On Feb 25, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Can’t you observe how everyone ignored that cretin? It seems you have time to waste
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 4:03pm On Feb 25, 2021
#OleOUT #EndOLE #OleMustGo #EndOLECluelessness #SackTheFraud

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2021
Black Ronaldo can be a legend.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 4:41pm On Feb 25, 2021
Leyqute:
Black Ronaldo can be a legend.

E sure me die say that snail wearing 9 never reach 70goals..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2021
CrystalTiger:

E sure me die say that snail wearing 9 never reach 70goals..

Anthony ‘the number 9 they collected from him affected his performance’ Martial cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9655) (9656) (9657) (9658) (9659) (9660) (9661) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.