Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8684822 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9654) (9655) (9656) (9657) (9658) (9659) (9660) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:24am On Feb 25, 2021
handelex:
So rumours are saying Dean Henderson wants to leave with Dortmund and Spurs at the forefront for his signature. angry

OGS and his crew better borrow sense if true. Degea has past his best simple.

Meanwhile thunder fire Dortmund and Spurs angry angry
Is Dean really mentally ready to become United number 1? Make his case to go be like Ben Foster own, Ben was doing well as second choice. He was given the chance to be number 1 but the pressure consumed him, only to go on and become one of the best EPL goalkeeper with Westbrom. If Dean can handle the pressure, he will most definitely become one of the best Goalkeeper in the League....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:28am On Feb 25, 2021
KingAlabi:

That was on trend when Dean signed his 6 years deal

I hope Dean gets to replace degae

Rashy and dean seem to be very close friends

Dean is an aggressive united supporter though cheesy

McTom and Rashford have been there together since the age of 8 or so. Dean joined them later at about 14.

I personally think it is always good to have some home grown talent in the squad and McTom and Rashy are local boys too. Dean in particular has got real potential and even though he might not be better than DDG he is more complete and better suited to the English game.

DDG’s large contract however means nobody (apart from maybe PSG) will be willing to pay him similar salary in this Covid era, meaning Henderson might be the one to be sold just cos he is more affordable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:35am On Feb 25, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Is Dean really mentally ready to become United number 1? Make his case to go be like Ben Foster own, Ben was doing well as second choice. He was given the chance to be number 1 but the pressure consumed him, only to go on and become one of the best EPL goalkeeper with Westbrom. If Dean can handle the pressure, he will most definitely become one of the best Goalkeeper in the League....

His mental strength is one of his strongest points.
He is better in the air than DDG and he commands the goal area better and is also quite vocal a bit like Schmeichel.

DDG is quiet like VDS but does not have his aerial command or Rio/Vida in front of him.

At this point I prefer Henderson to be honest but nobody will buy DDG and pay him 350k weekly, and we can’t bench that kind of salary.

One option would be to sell DDG for something ridiculously cheap like 25-30m then his new club might keep him on his huge salary.

Having said all that I suspect Ed would offload Henderson and keep DDG.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:40am On Feb 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

He is better in the air than DDG and he commands the goal area better and is also quite vocal a bit like Schmeichel.

DDG is quiet like VDS but does not have his aerial command or Rio/Vida in front of him.

At this point I prefer Henderson to be honest but nobody will buy DDG and pay him 350k weekly, and we can’t bench that kind of salary.

One option would be to sell DDG for something ridiculously cheap like 25-30m then his new club might keep him on his huge salary.

If this happens, i go enter Benin City for Ed matter cheesy. Henderson should be number from the start of next season, but i won't trust Amaka to make it happen though...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 25, 2021
Alisson's dad is dead sad the old man drowned yesterday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 8:47am On Feb 25, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Is Dean really mentally ready to become United number 1? Make his case to go be like Ben Foster own, Ben was doing well as second choice. He was given the chance to be number 1, but the pressure consumed him. He went on to become one of the best EPL goalkeeper with Westbrom. If Dean can handle the pressure, he will most definitely become one of the best Goalkeeper in the League....
I actually don't know the level henderson has shown that makes people want him to start for us. If De gea is not good enough then go for another top level goalie. Henderson is not better than Nick Pope and I won't even want him to be United first choice talkless of Henderson. Tim Howard, Ben Foster and even Tomasz Kusczak are examples of quality keepers who have crumbled under the weight of being united number 1.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:53am On Feb 25, 2021
Bombblacks:

I actually don't know the level henderson has shown that makes people want him to start for us. If De gea is not good enough then go for another top level goalie. Henderson is not better than Nick Pope and I won't even want him to be United first choice talkless of Henderson. Tim Howard, Ben Foster and even Tomasz Kusczak are examples of quality keepers who have crumbled under the weight of being united number 1.
True at bolded, Henderson is very good no doubt. Hope he doesn't go the way of the bolded if and when he is given the opportunity to be United no 1.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:56am On Feb 25, 2021
TrebleChamp:
If this happens, i go enter Benin City for Ed matter cheesy. Henderson should be number from the start of next season, but i won't trust Amaka to make it happen though...

This one is beyond Amaka’s pay grade. You can’t replace the highest paid GK in the world without the board’s approval.

The mistake was made when the board gave DDG that bumper contract even after he had started showing signs of decline and despite the fact that everyone in the club knew Henderson had a real shot at developing into a no1.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Patrickmuf1(m): 9:02am On Feb 25, 2021
This goal keeper matter get as e be...Romero was a good deputy until he was given the chance after the fax saga to be number one and after a couple of games, he was quickly consumed by the pressure...

Henderson is still young and should be patient, in a season or 2, he will be number 1...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Patrickmuf1(m): 9:03am On Feb 25, 2021
Bombblacks:

Well said...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:12am On Feb 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

This one is beyond Amaka’s pay grade. You can’t replace the highest paid GK in the world without the board’s approval.

The mistake was made when the board gave DDG that bumper contract even after he had started showing signs of decline and despite the fact that everyone in the club knew Henderson had a real shot at developing into a no1.
Na wa ooh, will Henderson be patient enough to wait for De Gea to leave? Make we see how the start of next season goes...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 9:13am On Feb 25, 2021
Water always finds its level. cheesy grin
KingAlabi:
To think that Southampton were once top of the league

Where did it go wrong for them na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

Then Ed will be getting a visit soon from some people who are not very nice angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:14am On Feb 25, 2021
Patrickmuf1:
This goal keeper matter get as e be...Romero was a good deputy until he was given the chance after the fax saga to be number one and after a couple of games, he was quickly consumed by the pressure...

Henderson is still young and should be patient, in a season or 2, he will be number 1...

Henderson can’t be patient for the sake of his own career. Keepers more than other players must play continuously or else they lose their sharpness. There is a reason why clubs don’t rotate keepers the way they rotate players.

If Henderson waits around for 2 years he would lose so much form that another keeper would be needed to replace DDG.

One of them has to go.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 25, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Mentally ready how? Between Degea and Dean who do you think is more mentally fragile?

For all Ole talks about being like Fergie, Fergie was never afraid of moving stars out and building on with new upcoming ones. Martial, Degea, Pogba should be moved on. This is Ole's team, he should show some balls.

The only challenge I see in Degea is his humongous wages but even that can be solved like we did with Sanchez's situation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

Henderson can’t be patient for the sake of his own career. Keepers more than other players must play continuously or else they lose their sharpness. There is a reason why clubs don’t rotate keepers the way they rotate players.

If Henderson waits around for 2 years he would lose so much form that another keeper would be needed to replace DDG.

One of them has to go.
This exactly. Henderson is just wasting on the bench no matter how one looks at it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:22am On Feb 25, 2021
TrebleChamp:
True at bolded, Henderson is very good no doubt. Hope he doesn't go the way of the bolded if and when he is given the opportunity to be United no 1.

Not true at all.

Tomas and Ben were always going to be no2s and the fans were never really sold on Tomas especially. They were signed at about the same time as the great VDS so i don’t know how they could have been expected to be no1. They were backups from Day 1.

I can concede that of Tim but he has a neurological disorder that is often worsened by heightened stress and anxiety. It is a miracle that he was able to have a decent career as a GK at all.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:25am On Feb 25, 2021
Leyqute:

Have a look at this:

https://twitter.com/mrstephenhowson/status/1364203957535592452?s=21

He never had to rush out when we had Vidic and Ferdinand. And Smalling. Now the issue has become a gaping hole in the defence with Lindelof and co.
When I saw the initial post, it was Henderson rushing out in the build up to Rashford's goal against Sociedad that immediately came to my head.
Uncle DDG will just sit on his line and be observing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:27am On Feb 25, 2021
handelex:
Those U23 Refs need to be fired. The tackles they allow is outrageous.

Seriously. I have a feeling he’s ready for a first team appearance and that injury derailed his ascension.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:28am On Feb 25, 2021
KingAlabi:

That was on trend when Dean signed his 6 years deal

I hope Dean gets to replace degae

Rashy and dean seem to be very close friends

Dean is an aggressive united supporter though cheesy

Over aggressive sometimes too cheesy

That guy will be screaming at Lindelof and Maguire in no time if given a steady run of games. Any cross into the air he’ll come out and challenge it.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:29am On Feb 25, 2021
Leyqute:

Seriously. I have a feeling he’s ready for a first team appearance and that injury derailed his ascension.

He is more ready than Shoretire na so if Shoretire was judged ready then he is also ready. Problem is that it has to be in the EPL cos he is not eligible for the B list in Europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:30am On Feb 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

McTom and Rashford have been there together since the age of 8 or so. Dean joined them later at about 14.

I personally think it is always good to have some home grown talent in the squad and McTom and Rashy are local boys too. Dean in particular has got real potential and even though he might not be better than DDG he is more complete and better suited to the English game.

DDG’s large contract however means nobody (apart from maybe PSG) will be willing to pay him similar salary in this Covid era, meaning Henderson might be the one to be sold just cos he is more affordable.
What of a loan deal for degae

Where we pay 30% and the loaned-to-club pays 70%

A small price to pay for Dean's development.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 25, 2021
Leyqute:

Yes he was the next in the line for a senior debut, I'll say even before Shoretire but that injury happened. Hope he comes back stronger.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 25, 2021
Our game against Chelsea, I see Tuchel playing a low block since he's well familiar what our attackers can do when giving space to run. Wish Pogba was fit for that game.

That game might be a boring 0-0 affair.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:40am On Feb 25, 2021
KingAlabi:

What of a loan deal for degae

Where we pay 30% and the loaned-to-club pays 70%

A small price to pay for Dean's development.

It is easier to loan Dean out again. They both won’t be and shouldn’t be here next season.

Dean is not willing to wait and one can’t blame.

Ed should find a solution but I will prefer we keep the younger keeper who will still get better, is cheaper but also more confident and better in the air.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:42am On Feb 25, 2021
handelex:
Our game against Chelsea, I see Tuchel playing a low block since he's well familiar what our attackers can do when giving space to run. Wish Pogba was fit for that game.

That game might be a boring 0-0 affair.
Looking at that game
Tuchel plays the exact same formation lampard uses against us when we played in the past

But one thing I have noticed is the spaces on the flank because of how high Hudson and Alonso play, if rashy and James can draw azi and rudiger out then our starting CF will have a field day(on a counter though)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by osamz007: 9:52am On Feb 25, 2021
KingAlabi:

Looking at that game
Tuchel plays the exact same formation lampard uses against us when we played in the past

But one thing I have noticed is the spaces on the flank because of how high Hudson and Alonso play, if rashy and James can draw azi and rudiger out then our starting CF will have a field day(on a counter though)

is cavani fit ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 9:57am On Feb 25, 2021
handelex:
Those U23 Refs need to be fired. The tackles they allow is outrageous.

Reason why one southampton youth player Making his league debut wanted to cripple Mctominay the other day. Those refs have allowed those small boys to get used to reckless and dangerous tackles
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:00am On Feb 25, 2021
Lana1:
When I saw the initial post, it was Henderson rushing out in the build up to Rashford's goal against Sociedad that immediately came to my head.
Uncle DDG will just sit on his line and be observing

Yup. There’s also the bit about helping to move the ball around during buildup. De Gea isn’t as good on his feet.

To be frank, football has moved away from the GK using their hands alone. You need to be able to pass and keep possession too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by osamz007: 10:00am On Feb 25, 2021
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:01am On Feb 25, 2021
afrodoc2:

He is more ready than Shoretire na so if Shoretire was judged ready then he is also ready. Problem is that it has to be in the EPL cos he is not eligible for the B list in Europe.

Was this due to a change in the laws or something ? Must be Brexit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:05am On Feb 25, 2021
Leyqute:

Was this due to a change in the laws or something ? Must be Brexit.

No not Brexit. He has not been here long enough.
B-list should have been with the club for at least 2 yrs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9654) (9655) (9656) (9657) (9658) (9659) (9660) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.