Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,055 members, 7,866,979 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8883563 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2012
El Guapo: Cooger aren't u takin' ya Hydrocele ailment to the Paraolympic?

Jxt a Question from a concerned pal
cheesy cheesy

thanks for letting us know you still wear your disabled badge with a pride!
mentally-handicapped peasant!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 31, 2012
coogar:

thanks for letting us know you still wear your disabled badge with a pride!
mentally-handicapped peasant!

There he goes -- Jxt like a Randy Dog grin tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 31, 2012
Apparently someone else feels the same way as me on this Nani thing.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19422123

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2012
StarBoard: @dayokanu,
Nani is over-rated.Much like Robben but on a lesser scale.Robben does stuff well till he gets to finals, at least.
Nani was at the Euros, nothing spectacular except involving himself in a controversy in the penalty-shoot out loss.He didn't make the team of the tournament.So why is everyone on his d/ick?
Aside from a few times when he's really turned it on, Nani hasn't done it consistently enough over the period he's been at United for me to believe he's actually the player we think he is.That has been my point.
You talk about Nani being feared.Really? I don't see it.
@A-40,
That same 2010/11 when we played Chelsea in the champions League,who did Fergie bench?Nani was dropped in favour of a returning Valencia for both legs, and United won home and away. I'm guessing that should say something about his value.

I'm sorry to say this but I think this is more of a personal thing against Nani, than an objective and well rounded analysis from a footy fan. If both Nani and Robben are both over rated to you, then I'm guessing the soccer u watch is different from the one the rest of us do. StarBoard, please tell me two wingers in 2012 soccer who are 'totally" ahead of the aforementioned. Till u can give me a satisfactory answer, I rest my case...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2012
debosky:

So Fergie dropping Rooney for RVP last week says something about the value of Rooney?

RVP was rubbish at the Euros, did that stop Utd paying 250k for him?

Your weak logic doesn't stand up to scrutiny. The fact is that coaches pick players with the best form/attributes at a particular time, and it doesn't mean the others were rubbish. A player's performance over the course of the season is the best reflection - 10 goals and 14 assists is a high level of performance in any season in the EPL no matter how you cut it.

Nani is a maverick - by nature that makes him inconsistent, just like Robben. Your issue is more to do with the type of player Nani is than his performances. If you're looking for Valencia-type performances you're wasting your time because they are different types of players.

Thumbs up mate! End of discussion!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2012
The likes of Nani, Young, Anderson, Welbeck etc are the reason why the likes of Giggs, Scholes are still playing today. No one has 100%, cast-iron faith in 'em!

Anyways, the jury is out - especially on Nani and Anderson, who are not Brits - perform below expectations and they will definitely go the way of Berbatov. . . no two ways about it!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
Hugoboi:

I'm sorry to say this but I think this is more of a personal thing against Nani, than an objective and well rounded analysis from a footy fan. If both Nani and Robben are both over rated to you, then I'm guessing the soccer u watch is different from the one the rest of us do. StarBoard, please tell me two wingers in 2012 soccer who are 'totally" ahead of the aforementioned. Till u can give me a satisfactory answer, I rest my case...
Hugoboi:

Thumbs up mate! End of discussion!

Please face your front.
Nobody was talking to you and if you don't have anything to say without echoing, just stick your nose up your a$$.

RuuDie: The likes of Nani, Young, Anderson, Welbeck etc are the reason why the likes of Giggs, Scholes are still playing today. No one has 100%, cast-iron faith in 'em!

Anyways, the jury is out - especially on Nani and Anderson, who are not Brits - perform below expectations and they will definitely go the way of Berbatov. . . no two ways about it!
But coogar will say they are the future of the club and dig up stats that don't amount to nothing.
Instead of facing up to the under-performing nature of the quartet, they are creating excuses for their sub-par performances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2012
StarBoard:

Please face your front.
Nobody was talking to you and if you don't have anything to say without echoing, just stick your nose up your a$$.

Mr StarBoard, This is a soccer thread and not ur favourite beer parlour. I'm not here to trade insults with you since u apparently can't embark on an intellectual discourse without throwing verbal bottles. As for echoing, what better way to tell u to stop arguing meaninglessly. Even Stevie Wonder can see ur points make no football sense. I'm not gonna insult you so I suggest u grow some cojones and talk to me in decent language when next u have something to say to me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2012
Meanwhile, rumours abound that United have made a late bid of €25 mil in an attempt to hijack Joao Moutinho from Tottenham. I hope it isn't just a rumor anyway.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2012
Hugoboi: Meanwhile, rumours abound that United have made a late bid of €25 mil in an attempt to hijack Joao Moutinho from Tottenham. I hope it isn't just a rumor anyway.

Rumour!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:28pm On Aug 31, 2012
StarBoard:
But coogar will say they are the future of the club and dig up stats that don't amount to nothing.
Instead of facing up to the under-performing nature of the quartet, they are creating excuses for their sub-par performances.

for the last time, mention another pair of wingers better than ashley young and luiz nani? it can't be that difficult - after all, the two of them are crappy! i wonder what the fans of spurs, liverpool, arsenal, chelsea and man city have to say when they put up with lennon, downing, maxi rodriguez, malouda, kalou, adam johnson, walcott, gervinho, arshavin and james milner grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2012
And for the last time, nobody cares too much about wingers these days.
Even you should know that by now.
And my point was about the mostly inept play of the above listed players that is responsible for OAPs still abounding and flourishing at United
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 31, 2012
Hugoboi:

Mr StarBoard, This is a soccer thread and not ur favourite beer parlour. I'm not here to trade insults with you since u apparently can't embark on an intellectual discourse without throwing verbal bottles. As for echoing, what better way to tell u to stop arguing meaninglessly. Even Stevie Wonder can see ur points make no football sense. I'm not gonna insult you so I suggest u grow some cojones and talk to me in decent language when next u have something to say to me.
Ok, I've heard,just face your front.
It can't be so hard to ignore me if I'm not making any sense.

Everybody has an opinion and Internet access, no matter how uninformed they are. . .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:01pm On Aug 31, 2012
StarBoard: And for the last time, nobody cares too much about wingers these days.
Even you should know that by now.
And my point was about the mostly inept play of the above listed players that is responsible for OAPs still abounding and flourishing at United

we are united, we care about them! we picked up a scrawny boy from madeira and turned him into an absolute football beast! the top 2 best players in the world today are wingers, go figure!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 12:00am On Sep 01, 2012
Messi a winger?.......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:15am On Sep 01, 2012
chic2pimp: Messi a winger?.......
how did he start? as a defender?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:40am On Sep 01, 2012
messi started (his senior career) at least as an inverted winger
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:41am On Sep 01, 2012
My 2 cents on Nani is that firstly I want him to stay at the club.

I understand the type of player he is, means he will be very frustrating as on his good days he can be incredible but his bad days are beyond woeful. His main issue is consistency, but also his downfall is his versatility. He is a very different type of winger to Valencia so I cant see the point in comparing them and please dont mention Ashley Young in the same bracket.

His versatility means he will get shunted out to the left as well even though his best form as always been on the right.

He is also still suffering from Ronaldo's shadow as people still think he should be as good or play like Ronaldo. He isnt in that style at all. Ronaldo was a direct winger/forward. While Nani is your tricky winger. They dont dribble alike or strike the ball the same or even finish alike as the only thing Nani has that Ronaldo doesnt is the subtle finish, the little dink or chip finish. I hope he finds his form and gains some consistency as I still believe he's the best winger at the club. In the last 2 seasons he has really improved and stepped up his game now its about finding that consistency.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 4:33am On Sep 01, 2012
coogar:

for the last time, mention another pair of wingers better than ashley young and luiz nani? it can't be that difficult - after all, the two of them are crappy! i wonder what the fans of spurs, liverpool, arsenal, chelsea and man city have to say when they put up with lennon, downing, maxi rodriguez, malouda, kalou, adam johnson, walcott, gervinho, arshavin and james milner grin cheesy

You've already mentioned some of the names yourself!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 10:15am On Sep 01, 2012
RuuDie:

This is an absolute joke right?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:59am On Sep 01, 2012
RuuDie:

milner, downing and walcott are better than nani? ruudie, let me have what you are smoking!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2012
coogar:
how did he start? as a defender?

Started as a winger but he is no longer one. His best years have come playing the No 10 role not as a winger.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 1:27pm On Sep 01, 2012
Hugoboi:

This is an absolute joke right?

It would be a joke if Nani can actually spend more time on improving his game than packing oro'ro on his fowl-dancing-on-faeces hair!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 1:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
coogar:

milner, downing and walcott are better than nani? ruudie, let me have what you are smoking!

Yes, they are. . . sedately said!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 1:53pm On Sep 01, 2012
Windows closes and the squad is set. I was looking forward to this years window as I felt a number of quality players who could satisfy areas of need for us would be available. While I believe we made 2 excellent signings (particularly Kagawa) in terms of quality and 1 unknown prospect with upside. I can't hide the fact I am incredibly disappointed. This was unlike the past 2 summer windows as many players in positions we could have strengthened were available. Once again we didn't do much, but this time there were no excuses. There was value available, there was quality available and there were many teams and players willing to do business. Yet we continue to hope in what we got despite the evidence that it might be a futile exercise.

Anyway as the present squad is constituted, I don't have much expectations this season. We could regain the EPL, but my gut says we don't. City are a more matured side now, armed with the experience of winning from behind last season. We can't expect costly mess ups like last season. I believe we will certainly do much better in Europe probably reach the semis. Why? Cos after last year SAF will be determined to banish last season disappointment. Also no doubt the Glazers have pointed out to Gill and SAF what our early elimination cost the club with our tight rope financial situation. The cups are always unpredictable, but might be the year if we get to a semi-final.

If things go our way e.g we can field a consistent back 5 for at least 3/4 of the season, we can keep most of our squad fit enough to actually be able to realize what our strongest 11 should be and not guess, improvement in performance from certain marginal players (e.g Ando, Evra), over-paid players (e.g Rooney) and other younger players e.g (DDG, Jones, Welbeck, Tom C), new signings have solid debut seasons. Then we could be the ones winning the EPL and possibly europe.

But my gut says the question marks are too many to believe such a scenario is likely to develop. In short not expecting much. My expectations are a strong challenge for the league (2nd) even if we come up short, a marked improvement in Europe (quarters) and avoiding a trophy-less season (FA cup would do nicely).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2012
united will win the league - its inevitable! we always win it a season after finishing as runners-up!! we were a minute close to winning it last season despite the ridiculous injuries we had. now, we have vidic back and we have added 2 excellent players in kagawa and van persie!

the midfield looks shaky but i think fergie is gambling on ando-clev to turn it on this season and debarring injuries, i am confident they can. jones and rio are now training, evans should start tomorrow and we have a good cover for mr evra this time around! i am optimistic about our chances provided everyone stays fit for 80-85% of the league campaign!

RuuDie:
Yes, they are. . . sedately said!

sedated by what? lsd? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2012
coogar:

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 6:45pm On Sep 01, 2012
montelik: Windows closes and the squad is set. I was looking forward to this years window as I felt a number of quality players who could satisfy areas of need for us would be available. While I believe we made 2 excellent signings (particularly Kagawa) in terms of quality and 1 unknown prospect with upside. I can't hide the fact I am incredibly disappointed. This was unlike the past 2 summer windows as many players in positions we could have strengthened were available. Once again we didn't do much, but this time there were no excuses. There was value available, there was quality available and there were many teams and players willing to do business. Yet we continue to hope in what we got despite the evidence that it might be a futile exercise.

Anyway as the present squad is constituted, I don't have much expectations this season. We could regain the EPL, but my gut says we don't. City are a more matured side now, armed with the experience of winning from behind last season. We can't expect costly mess ups like last season. I believe we will certainly do much better in Europe probably reach the semis. Why? Cos after last year SAF will be determined to banish last season disappointment. Also no doubt the Glazers have pointed out to Gill and SAF what our early elimination cost the club with our tight rope financial situation. The cups are always unpredictable, but might be the year if we get to a semi-final.

If things go our way e.g we can field a consistent back 5 for at least 3/4 of the season, we can keep most of our squad fit enough to actually be able to realize what our strongest 11 should be and not guess, improvement in performance from certain marginal players (e.g Ando, Evra), over-paid players (e.g Rooney) and other younger players e.g (DDG, Jones, Welbeck, Tom C), new signings have solid debut seasons. Then we could be the ones winning the EPL and possibly europe.

But my gut says the question marks are too many to believe such a scenario is likely to develop. In short not expecting much. My expectations are a strong challenge for the league (2nd) even if we come up short, a marked improvement in Europe (quarters) and avoiding a trophy-less season (FA cup would do nicely).

The sad but inevitable truth
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2012
Young out for 2 weeks - I'm starting to believe that this injury situation is no longer a coincidence, something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2012
chamotex: Young out for 2 weeks - I'm starting to believe that this injury situation is no longer a coincidence, something is wrong somewhere.

you are 12 months late!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2012
coogar:

you are 12 months late!

Not late . . . just didn't want to believe it.
Fergie should look into the training regime - hope its not too rigorous.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:28pm On Sep 01, 2012
chamotex:

Not late . . . just didn't want to believe it.
Fergie should look into the training regime - hope its not too rigorous.

it's the diet and mike phelan.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.