Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,753 members, 7,862,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:26 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8869420 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2012
^^ What is Phelan doing? Sitting on their backs everyday and making them run laps round the OT pitch? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 01, 2012
coogar:

it's the diet and mike phelan.....
Wetin Phelan do u coogar? Lollz @ staring like a lost goat
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 8:39pm On Sep 01, 2012
debosky: ^^ What is Phelan doing? Sitting on their backs everyday and making them run laps round the OT pitch? grin

Phelan is the worst assistant we've ever had.
If he can sit on the bench wearing shorts in winter then he can do the above. He's that clueless.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2012
haba, if not someone bashing Nani, or cursing Welbeck, lambasting Anderson. Now we are even blaming Phelan for injuries. Shouldn't it be Strudwick or Swire if anybody is to be blamed on the coaching staff. Thank God Evans has earned a reprieve from scapegoating. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2012
ogbeche77:
Wetin Phelan do u coogar? Lollz @ staring like a lost goat

phelan makes me nauseous - you can tell he has no clue. if fergie makes an error of judgement, you expect his assistant to correct that error - carlos quieroz did that when he was here, same as steve mclaren aka the umbrella man - but for phelan? forget it........all he's concerned about how smooth his shorts look on camera!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:43pm On Sep 01, 2012
Im just glad I havent yet seen his one eyed mnster trying to escape from those shorts! shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 12:48pm On Sep 02, 2012
I have given my expectations for this season and Coogar has given his. Lets hear from others.

Note its what you expect from this United squad this season, not what you hope or wish to happen. Also please no unnecessary rants about Nani, Welbeck or any particular player/s that annoy you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:50pm On Sep 02, 2012
Some team news for today.

Jonny Evans is set to return for Manchester United's trip to Southampton on Sunday. Evans has recovered from a summer ankle operation and will partner Nemanja Vidic in central defence. Phil Jones (back) and Rio Ferdinand (groin) are back in training but unlikely to be involved, while Wayne Rooney (thigh), Ashley Young (knee) and Chris Smalling (foot) are all out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:54pm On Sep 02, 2012
For the season I truly believe if injury permitting, we will win the league. But Im not confident of the fitness of our players anymore.

Im hopeful of a semifinal place in Europe but I know that is unrealistic so I will settle for getting into the knockout stages.

Domestic cups, we haven't won the FA Cup in a while and we have a big enough squad to take it seriously as I would like us to win atleast the FA Cup this season. Obvious cup games are more difficult to predict but I would really like to win it this year.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2012
I believe we can give City a run for their money.
We've been through this situation many times before where we have been branded as the under dog but I expect this team to bounce back.
Plus I expect the team to learn from last season's shenanigans.
My only problem is with Fergie not picking the right team. He tinkering last season cost us some crucial points.
If everyone is fit and on form, with Fergie playing his strongest line up whether its Wigan or Accrington Stanley, we should challenge for the title.
City are still favourites but that's only on paper.
We will know how the season will pan out better towards October/November.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 02, 2012
United won't win anything this season with the dolts (Anderson, Welbeck, Nani) playing regularly, the line up and the central midfield the way it is as well as Fergie making daft signings all over the place.
Injuries happen every season, I wonder why we scream it as an excuse when things don't work out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:30pm On Sep 02, 2012
While injuries do happen for everyone they do unbalance things when you have far more than any other team in the league. Not a single team in the league would have survived the same injuries we had last season so I think that makes it a valid excuse even though you havent heard anyone say that's why we lost the league last season. We just get on with it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 02, 2012
Your boy coogar uses it every chance he gets.
Injuries wouldn't be an issue if we had a decent bench.While I admit the scale hit us in a way that I can't quite remember happening previously, we didn't have enough quality or consistent performances from the fit ones.
Of course Anderson spent more time injured than being fit.
Nani kept being the inconsistent Arrow we know him.Ashley Young only scored against wack London teams.I could go on forever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2012
interesting lineup in a 433. Good to see Rio back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:27pm On Sep 02, 2012
StarBoard: Your boy coogar uses it every chance he gets.
Injuries wouldn't be an issue if we had a decent bench.While I admit the scale hit us in a way that I can't quite remember happening previously, we didn't have enough quality or consistent performances from the fit ones.
Of course Anderson spent more time injured than being fit.
Nani kept being the inconsistent Arrow we know him.Ashley Young only scored against wack London teams.I could go on forever.

and winning against london teams don't count as 3 points, right?

moving on.......

--------lindegaard---------
--rafael--rio--vidic--evra--
----cleverley--carrick-----
valencia--kagawa--welbeck
----------van the man----------

welbeck ahead of nani? fergie's brainfarting again....welbeck is not a wing forward, it does not matter how much he gets to play there!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2012
Much respect to the Legend Sir Alex for being in charge of 1000 league games. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2012
Mr_TA: Much respect to the Legend Sir Alex for being in charge of 1000 league games. cool

fergie can fuck off!
some of his decisions lately have been worthless! sold berbatov, kept welbeck in the team! he knew berbatov was going to fulham - shouldn't that have been the advantage to prise dembele out of fulham? instead, he tabled a miserable £5m bid for moussa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2012
@coogar,
Scoring the same goal over and over against clueless sides from North London now counts?How was his showing in the summer when everybody came together in Ukraine and Poland?
Ashley Young is wack, abeg.please Spare me.Thank goodness th one-trick pony with an over-achiever's salary is injured.
As per Welbeck over Nani, nothing much to say except one a$$-wax replaced by an even bigger a$$-wax
I suspect Nani might go in January.nothing personal, I don't just understand why he isn being used.No injury news.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:02pm On Sep 02, 2012
I hope Nani gets his form and gets a run in the side. No sure that position is the best for Welbeck.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 4:18pm On Sep 02, 2012
I just can't understand Fergie's attachment with the 4-4-2 system. Someone should pls tell him that he's playing the most obsolete formation in world football. No wonder these St Mary boys are just bossing the mf.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 4:24pm On Sep 02, 2012
interesting to note rio is back to playing on the right and vida on left at the back. guess that means evra is no longer under probation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2012
Hugoboi: I just can't understand Fergie's attachment with the 4-4-2 system. Someone should pls tell him that he's playing the most obsolete formation in world football. No wonder these St Mary boys are just bossing the mf.

Not playing 4-4-2 though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2012
Assist for Valencia.
They say he doesn't put telling passes in the box.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:51pm On Sep 02, 2012
Its as if we don't know what to do with the ball when we have it. Am not impressed at at all. We can do better than this. Southampton look more purposefull.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2012
Mr_TA: I hope Nani gets his form and gets a run in the side. No sure that position is the best for Welbeck.

welbeck is so shyte/fergie is brainless. welbeck was in no man's land when the saints pulled out the cross they scored from. he kept leaving evra isolated with 2 players while he goes on a walkabout trying to score.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2012
Rubbish.
This is the midfield we want to win the EPL with.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2012
Pity RVP's leg has not been broken yet. tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:02pm On Sep 02, 2012
Pataki: Pity RVP's leg has not been broken yet. tongue

2 goals in 2 starts - value!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2012
coogar:

welbeck is so shyte/fergie is brainless. welbeck was in no man's land when the saints pulled out the cross they scored from. he kept leaving evra isolated with 2 players while he goes on a walkabout trying to score.....

welbeck to blame, not tom c who lost the ball at the half way line, not rio who should have been on lambert or rafael who got totally dominated. when will some of us stop biased scapegoating.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2012
I hope we don't lose this game. Can't see any clear pattern as to how we want to win, except individual brilliance. We being forced to play rubbish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 5:15pm On Sep 02, 2012
coogar:

2 goals in 2 starts - value!!

Southampton 2 - ManU 1!

Now that is value and CLASS!!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2012
Pray, what is Tom Cleverley doing ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Bill8012(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.