Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,762 members, 7,851,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:12 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9905) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8840844 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9902) (9903) (9904) (9905) (9906) (9907) (9908) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:07pm On Apr 15, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Neither Fred nor McTom can hold that role alone regardless of whatever training they go through.

This thing was discussed some months ago.

With the right training and coaching, a CB will play that DM role alone perfectly, not to talk of Mctom.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:09pm On Apr 15, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Nope

Something else

You wan go do jazz or you wan go for rock climbing?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2021
Expert17:

With the right training and coaching, a CB will play that DM role alone perfectly, not to talk of Mctom.

When you get to a certain age, no amount of coaching can help you in some specific areas. An old dog can’t be taught new tricks.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 7:10pm On Apr 15, 2021
adebayo201:

See, no matter how hot you be, if guys do thesis upon your matter even the most fierce herbalist from Ifè can't save you. You go either deactivate or jp. E.g. Eruditor, Coogar, diggz, etc.

Nairaland can't forgive you momentarily but can't forget. Them go drag you like rug.
grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2021
Leyqute:

When you get to a certain age, no amount of coaching can help you in some specific areas. An old dog can’t be taught new tricks.

24 years is still at the right side of 20.

He plays as a DM or CB for Scotland..( he had a great game against Barcelona at Old Trafford playing similar role) - DM role is not a new trick to Mctom

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2021
raumdeuter:

You wan go do jazz or you wan go for rock climbing?
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Make i go see if Money fit comot from there

Na Herdsmen dey scare me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
Expert17:

24 years is still at the right side of 20.

He plays as a DM or CB for Scotland..( he had a great game against Barcelona at Old Trafford playing similar role) - DM role is not a new trick to Mctom

McTom actually started out as a striker in the youth team. He’s been shuffled all over the pitch (mostly at the spine though) so that has affected his game somehow.

But if you don’t have what’s necessary to play a role, no form of coaching can make you play that role, especially if you’re not a young player. You cannot turn Fred into a prime AM or Ronaldo into a dependable CM. You just kent.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
Expert17:

Can Maguire play DM? “With the right coaching” of course.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:39pm On Apr 15, 2021
Nezzjnr:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Make i go see if Money fit comot from there

Na Herdsmen dey scare me

When you don see boys going to remote villages, Na jazz things wan happen

Shey na because of Ole you wan do jazz?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2021
Leyqute:

McTom actually started out as a striker in the youth team. He’s been shuffled all over the pitch (mostly at the spine though) so that has affected his game somehow.

But if you don’t have what’s necessary to play a role
, no form of coaching can make you play that role, especially if you’re not a young player. You cannot turn Fred into a prime AM or Ronaldo into a dependable CM. You just kent.

@ bolded, you are correct

And that's my point, he got atleast 5 out of the 10 necessary qualities needed as a DM.

Leyqute:

Can Maguire play DM? “With the right coaching” of course.

grin

Disconnect

Phil Jones played as a DM under Fergie oo.(2-3 times, and he played well)

Fergie dey try abeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:47pm On Apr 15, 2021
Expert17:

@ bolded, you are correct

And that's my point, he got atleast 5 out of the 10 necessary qualities needed as a DM.

grin

Disconnect

Phil Jones played as a DM under Fergie oo.(2-3 times, and he played well)

Fergie dey try abeg

Phil Jones played as a DM when he was around 20 or so.

A younger McTom, with the right coaching and enough minutes , could maybe turn out as an elite CM. At 24, the story is different.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:01pm On Apr 15, 2021
elampiro:

I meant Matic playing as DM while Pogba as CM, but struggled.

Matic is finished as a DM. He’s got no recovery pace to catch up when the opponents break.

We can as well bring Schmeichel back as a goalkeeper.

Expert17:

Fred is also a CM.

Infact, he never played as a DM for Country or previous clubs.

Mctom plays as a DM or CB for Scotland.

We have two experienced DMs he could learn from - Matic and Carrick.

The two of them are not good enough as CMs or DMs. They should be substitutes at their very best if the club really wants to go to the next level.

Matic and Carrick have nothing in their brains to teach or rehabilitate Fred or Scott. If they can do it, they would have done it.

How many erratic passes does Fred make in a single game? What have Carrick/Matic done to improve Fred’s passes?

A good DM must be positionally aware, must be excellent in interceptions, blocks, tackles and a good recovery pace even when he’s caught upfield. A good DM must also have composure in possession and the ability to pass or dribble when pressed.

Fred or McTominay lack each of these qualities.

BARAJ92:
Really, this is rubbish, about from his contribution to the last goal which other goal was he involve in against Tottenham, we won Man City without same Pogba.
Bruno is far better than him but talent wise Pogba is superior. Without Bruno, I don't know where this team will be

Bruno couldn’t have done what Pogba did to Hojberg for the 3rd goal and Bruno couldn’t have found Cavani like Pogba did for the disallowed goal.

I don’t know why you guys can’t get it that a squad needs more than Bruno OR Pogba. A squad needs Bruno + Pogba + 2 other quality midfielders.

Bruno struggled in plenty of games without Pogba. All those 0-0 games that widened the gap between United and City are because Bruno cannot do it alone sometimes. Only United fans want one of the two when you should be clamoring for both and maybe 3 more.

City have KDB, Foden, Gundogan, Bernardo Silva in their midfield. If one or two of them get injured or suspended, there isn’t any loss of quality. At United, if Bruno should get injured, everything collapses.

That’s why City are miles ahead and United are on their longest run without a trophy in the PL era.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 15, 2021
GloryIsaac:

You’ve been here long enough to know cheesy

• Poch, bottler to UCL-winning coach
• Herrera, average to UCL winner
• Poch, master tactician, strong pattern of play

And a host of other things we’ll likely not see coming or expect.
How what Pochettino does concern Olé is the issue.
Any body that drags Ole cos Poch wins the CL is simply deluded, cos it's not like Ole coached PSG or Poch coached United b4. Shouldn't it be Tuchel that should be dragged if there's any dragging to be made?
undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:07pm On Apr 15, 2021
Cavani

Goall balll
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 8:08pm On Apr 15, 2021
Cavani
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:09pm On Apr 15, 2021
See Degea dey watch ball

Haaa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:11pm On Apr 15, 2021
I wish we could swap Matic and Fred age
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
50 - 60M for Saka is not a bad deal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 8:29pm On Apr 15, 2021
Phill ma man

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:31pm On Apr 15, 2021
afrodoc:

Where is CapitalCee and all those that were maligning Sancho at the beginning of the season.

Immediately Sancho got injured Haaland’s goals dried up like Hadejia river. cheesy

Haaland is a very talented striker, but he is supplier dependent, unlike Killah Mbappe that can do both at a high level.
It's the reason I prefer Mbappe, that guy is the truth...

Haaland will do well in City as they create a lot of chances, all they need is a deadly finisher...

Which other young striker is out there sef?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:34pm On Apr 15, 2021
patrickmuf:
It's the reason I prefer Mbappe, that guy is the truth...

Haaland will do well in City as they create a lot of chances, all they need is a deadly finisher...

Which other young striker is out there sef?

I doubt Pep will buy Haaland though. He’s not his kind of striker.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
handelex:
How what Pochettino does concern Olé is the issue.
Any body that drags Ole cos Poch wins the CL is simply deluded, cos it's not like Ole coached PSG or Poch coached United b4. Shouldn't it be Tuchel that should be dragged if there's any dragging to be made?
undecided

Let PSG win first wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
Cavani was a successful buy las las...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
Why the random shooting na angry

Jodera I see you smiling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:47pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bruno score abeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:48pm On Apr 15, 2021
Expert17:
Last season
===========
Haaland scored 13 Bundesliga goals

Assist from Sancho = 1

This season
===========
Haaland has 21 goals

Assist from Sancho = 6

Make una calm down abeg grin
I went searching for the stats. The absence of Sancho means teams can focus more on Haaland in a bid to neutralize the threat he poses...His goal return in the same time frame proves the teams have succeeded...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2021
Leyqute:

I doubt Pep will buy Haaland though. He’s not his kind of striker.
I know but then, he'd bury a lot of those chances City strikers construe to miss...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2021
patrickmuf:
I went searching for the stats. The absence of Sancho means teams can focus more on Haaland in a bid to neutralize the threat he poses...His goal return in the same time frame proves the teams have succeeded...

I understand your point.

He scored in 7 straight games without Sancho at some point this season.

He has scored 20 goals in UCL at age 20, how many of those games did he play with Sancho??

Hype Sancho, don't include Haaland......thats my point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 8:52pm On Apr 15, 2021
afrodoc:
No Bailly. Likely going to be Lindelof and Tuanzebe partnership with young Will Fish on the bench. With Elanga, Shoretire, and Amad training i expect to see a number of youngling cameos in the 2nd half if things go well.

Also noticed Rashford was absent. They should please allow the boy rest for 2 weeks in order to recover from the ankle injury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CZ4EDmhnsA
Seems Mata is now a coach o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2021
Expert17:

I understand your point.

He scored in 7 straight games without Sancho at some point this season.

He has scored 20 goals in UCL at age 20, how many of those games did he play with Sancho??

Hype Sancho, don't include Haaland......thats my point.

Spot on...Haaland though will do better in a team that creates as much chances as Dortmund...Manchester United? I am not so sure...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 9:04pm On Apr 15, 2021
Illimitable:

Matic is finished as a DM. He’s got no recovery pace to catch up when the opponents break.

We can as well bring Schmeichel back as a goalkeeper.

The two of them are not good enough as CMs or DMs. They should be substitutes at their very best if the club really wants to go to the next level.

Matic and Carrick have nothing in their brains to teach or rehabilitate Fred or Scott. If they can do it, they would have done it.

How many erratic passes does Fred make in a single game? What have Carrick/Matic done to improve Fred’s passes?

A good DM must be positionally aware, must be excellent in interceptions, blocks, tackles and a good recovery pace even when he’s caught upfield. A good DM must also have composure in possession and the ability to pass or dribble when pressed.

Fred or McTominay lack each of these qualities.

Bruno couldn’t have done what Pogba did to Hojberg for the 3rd goal and Bruno couldn’t have found Cavani like Pogba did for the disallowed goal.

I don’t know why you guys can’t get it that a squad needs more than Bruno OR Pogba. A squad needs Bruno + Pogba + 2 other quality midfielders.

Bruno struggled in plenty of games without Pogba. All those 0-0 games that widened the gap between United and City are because Bruno cannot do it alone sometimes. Only United fans want one of the two when you should be clamoring for both and maybe 3 more.

City have KDB, Foden, Gundogan, Bernardo Silva in their midfield. If one or two of them get injured or suspended, there isn’t any loss of quality. At United, if Bruno should get injured, everything collapses.

That’s why City are miles ahead and United are on their longest run without a trophy in the PL era.
Really, should I bring the number of games, both of them were on the field that we fail to score or lose the match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 9:05pm On Apr 15, 2021
KingAlabi:
Why the random shooting na angry

Jodera I see you smiling.
Lol ..
Na after match I go visit you tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9902) (9903) (9904) (9905) (9906) (9907) (9908) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.