Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,806 members, 7,851,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:05 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9907) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8841981 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9904) (9905) (9906) (9907) (9908) (9909) (9910) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:44am On Apr 16, 2021
afrodoc:
That was an underwhelming performance. I suspect Amaka will disappoint again cos i no understand how we will play 2 games against an out oshi team from La Liga and we could not play correct football against them in either game.

It used to happen under SAF too against some small teams. But these were mostly group matches
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 7:49am On Apr 16, 2021
Pogba: “We won the game, he lost the game and he doesn't want to speak about the game, he wants to speak about the dad of someone, that's what he does. Everybody knows him, it's very Mourinho." [@SkySportsPL]

grin cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:49am On Apr 16, 2021
If we get past Roma, it's Arsenal or Villarreal in the final...This competition no easy as it seem o!

KingAlabi, abeg tell Amaka make him just win am and I go personally extend him contract...

Villarreal play very good football that can leave you frustrated and Arsenal can be very unpredictable, on their day, they're dangerous...

Roma? I really haven't watched them this season so, I don't know what to expect but hopefully, Ole rotates well and leaves the squad fresh in the run up to the game against Roma...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:50am On Apr 16, 2021
Leyqute:

Phil Jones played as a DM when he was around 20 or so.

A younger McTom, with the right coaching and enough minutes , could maybe turn out as an elite CM. At 24, the story is different.

This your theory is wrong. Whoever thought Mikel could play the DM role with the way he played the behind the striker in his formation years? Carrick, Xavi did not start as a DM. Kante was all over the field at Leicester when he paired with Drinkwater. Kante was moving all over the place while Drinkwater was stationed DM, and no one knew Kante would be able to maintain discipline
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 16, 2021
patrickmuf:
If we get past Roma, it's Arsenal or Villarreal in the final...This competition no easy as it seem o!

KingAlabi, abeg tell Amaka make him just win am and I go personally extend him contract...

Villarreal play very good football that can leave you frustrated and Arsenal can be very unpredictable, on their day, they're dangerous...

Roma? I really haven't watched them this season so, I don't know what to expect but hopefully, Ole rotates well and leaves the squad fresh in the run up to the game against Roma...
angry angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 16, 2021
afrodoc:
That was an underwhelming performance. I suspect Amaka will disappoint again cos i no understand how we will play 2 games against an out oshi team from La Liga and we could not play correct football against them in either game.
On to the next one Doc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:10am On Apr 16, 2021
Expert17:

Degea. 31 games. 12 clean sheets

Henderson 21 games. 12 clean sheets

We are observing grin grin
Walahi i dey gbádùn you gàn ni grin....

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:15am On Apr 16, 2021
handelex:
angry angry angry
After the Spurs game, haven't you notice that the animosity towards Ole and the players has seized here? What does it tell you?

It's really nothing personal, we just want the team playing well and winning games most times even as we acknowledge that it'll not always be the case but then those bad days should be few and far between...

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:17am On Apr 16, 2021
If we make it past AS Roma, i would prefer we play Villarreal in the final. Arsenal just have a way of beating us under Ole, even if na rubbish dem play throughout. If Arteta win Europa League this Season........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:18am On Apr 16, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Walahi i dey gbádùn you gàn ni grin....
The guy dey carry stats everywhere him go but him dey only drop am when you touch him anointed... grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:21am On Apr 16, 2021
TrebleChamp:
If we make it past AS Roma, i will prefer we play Villarreal in the final. Arsenal just have a way of beating us under Ole, even if na rubbish dem play throughout. If Arteta win Europa League this Season........
I thought we had an easy run to the trophy but you see Arsenal and Villarreal? I no get any preference...Villarreal plays very good football like a typical Spanish side and you know too well we struggle against such teams.

Arsenal on the other hand always turn up against us...We need to play as well as we did against Spurs in the 2nd half to win it...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:40am On Apr 16, 2021
patrickmuf:
I thought we had an easy run to the trophy but you see Arsenal and Villarreal? I no get any preference...Villarreal plays very good football like a typical Spanish side and you know too well we struggle against such teams.

Arsenal on the other hand always turn up against us...We need to play as well as we did against Spurs in the 2nd half to win it...
The bolded is so true, even under SAF we struggled against Spanish team who keep the well most times. But i just have a feeling we can do it against Villarreal rather than Arsenal, let's do our job and qualify for the final first......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:46am On Apr 16, 2021
patrickmuf:

When you haven't been able to personally sack him? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:50am On Apr 16, 2021
KingAlabi:

When you haven't been able to personally sack him? undecided

Try cheer up, I know say you no like as the thread dey peaceful...

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:50am On Apr 16, 2021
Where trevor012

Dem don seize him phone cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 8:54am On Apr 16, 2021
patrickmuf:
Try cheer up, I know say you no like as the thread dey peaceful...
I love vayolence grin grin

But I personally like how you are calm now Sha, I hope it lasts.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 9:00am On Apr 16, 2021
[/b]Pogba: “We won the game, he lost the game and he doesn't want to speak about the game, he wants to speak about the dad of someone, that's what he does. Everybody knows him, it's very Mourinho." [@SkySportsPL] https:///EHV7JXVJW2[b]

I love this. Mourinho is a mad man give it to him anyhow

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:03am On Apr 16, 2021
KingAlabi:

I love vayolence grin grin

But I personally like how you are calm now Sha, I hope it lasts.
As long as our play reflects the true potential of our team...It'll not always be pleasing but at least in majority of our games, we should be on the ascendancy and trust me, the points will follow...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 16, 2021
Nezzjnr:
Pogba: “We won the game, he lost the game and he doesn't want to speak about the game, he wants to speak about the dad of someone, that's what he does. Everybody knows him, it's very Mourinho." [@SkySportsPL]

grin cheesy cheesy

*screams quietly*
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 16, 2021
TrebleChamp:
The bolded is so true, even under SAF we struggled against Spanish team who keep the well most times. But i just have a feeling we can do it against Villarreal rather than Arsenal, let's do our job and qualify for the final first......

smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:53am On Apr 16, 2021
elampiro:

This your theory is wrong. Whoever thought Mikel could play the DM role with the way he played the behind the striker in his formation years? Carrick, Xavi did not start as a DM. Kante was all over the field at Leicester when he paired with Drinkwater. Kante was moving all over the place while Drinkwater was stationed DM, and no one knew Kante would be able to maintain discipline

No, you’re the one who didn’t get it.

The “theory” is that a player, who has played in a different position before, and doesn’t have the basics to play in another position, cannot be taught the basics required to play in that new position (and be really good there) once he’s grown.

It’s not as parochial as you thought.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 16, 2021
GloryIsaac:

The limitations aren’t about coaching staff.

McTom is 6’4 and most players good with ball at feet are usually less taller, also he doesn’t have the typical soccer player stature (legs in this case). However, his height gives him the advantage in duels.

Fred is 5’6 and has good ball at feet abilities, but can hardly win duels due to body stature.

And such team setup needs a player with good ball at feet abilities and who can also win duels and play dirty.

GloryIsaac:

McTominay needs space, and time to think on the ball, unlike the other guys who play it quicker and are very mobile.

Even Pogba with his excellent ball-playing skills, which is obviously raw talent, also occasionally faces similar height problems.

It’s not easy as a tall person (6’3 above) to maintain very good ball-playing skills. Unlike the others, Messi and Co who mesmerize everyone with same skills.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 11:41am On Apr 16, 2021
Nezzjnr:

grin cheesy cheesy

Jose is a winner and whatever they are saying about him right now will not make him look bad...

Ole has not won anything yet so he's still a serial bottler... Fraudgba just dey talk.

I dont care how good Pogba is buh it's low of him to talk abt mourinho this way.

If he loves Ole or United that much, he should sign the contract!!

1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:53am On Apr 16, 2021
As if Mourinho didn’t call him a virus and wasn’t the reason the air at Carrington wasn’t fresh cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:56am On Apr 16, 2021
Pogba: “What I have now with Ole is different, he wouldn't go against the players. Maybe Ole wouldn't pick them, but it's not like he puts them on the side like they don't exist anymore. That's the difference between Mourinho and Ole.”

- SkySportsPL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:59am On Apr 16, 2021
cool

According to some Folks here....... the cursed one.

Axel Tuanzebe’s game by numbers vs. Granada:

93% pass accuracy
54 accurate passes
4 ball recoveries
4 duels won
3 long passes completed
3 clearances
2 interceptions

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:42pm On Apr 16, 2021
Oasis007:
cool
According to some Folks here....... the cursed one.
Axel Tuanzebe’s game by numbers vs. Granada:
93% pass accuracy 54 accurate passes 4 ball recoveries 4 duels won 3 long passes completed 3 clearances 2 interceptions
So ¡¿
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 16, 2021
Oasis007:
Pogba: “What I have now with Ole is different, he wouldn't go against the players. Maybe Ole wouldn't pick them, but it's not like he puts them on the side like they don't exist anymore. That's the difference between Mourinho and Ole.”

- SkySportsPL

Did Pogba actually say this? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2021
GloryIsaac:

The video is on Twitter - he said so.

And it confirms my thoughts that Ole pampers these guys. There’s no consequence for failure, Ole actually rewards failure. Lindelof can score 5 own goals in a game and still start the next game.

Pogba has forgotten that he would have no trophy at United without Mourinho. How many competitions have United failed to win now post-Mourinho? Almost 11. Pogba is a joke.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
JayKayMaybachz:

So ¡¿

undecided

Sosoliso ni.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
GloryIsaac:

cheesy

Of course.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:16pm On Apr 16, 2021
Leyqute:

No, you’re the one who didn’t get it.

The “theory” is that a player, who has played in a different position before, and doesn’t have the basics to play in another position, cannot be taught the basics required to play in that new position (and be really good there) once he’s grown.

It’s not as parochial as you thought.

McTominay has the basic more than some who later went to dominate the DM position. There is no one route style to playing the DM position. Kean, Carrick, Toure, Fernadinho, Mikel, Pirlo, Oliseh, Ndidi, Essien, Matic, all have diffenrent style.

If Kante started at United, he would have been called a headless chicken

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9904) (9905) (9906) (9907) (9908) (9909) (9910) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: delkuf(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.