Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej (8535 Views)

Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year / OPC Joins Calls For Sovereign National Conference / Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by oiseworld: 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2012
@sweetlemon
u've made lots of points there, but still using america as a case study for nigeria, i would say lets find out what really binds them together. It must be really strong. And i would say its religion.(christianity). Every other religion are minor emmigrants. The founding fathers had already layed the indept laws of the bible into their constitution.
Thats why nigeria is finding it difficult to work. Wth two powerful and totally different religions we have different tots of reasoning and selfish religious pursue. Therefore a need for SNC.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by PeeDaVinci: 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2012
which rubbish constitution are we amending when the whole idea upon which the constitution is based is fraudulent, and the bunch of currently elected legislators are fraudsters

when would we stop decievin ourselves
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Sweetlemon(f): 4:15pm On Feb 16, 2012
@Kilode, the answer is simple, swallow your pride and start considering that Yoruba man, start loving that Igbo woman and start respecting that Itshekiri, Ijaw, Efik, elder, start smiling at that Hausa man in your area
@Oiseworld, No I dont think Christainity is what binds America because a good percent of them do not even go to church! Please can you just do some more research there? thank you
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by kjhova(m): 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2012
@sweetlemon, I am sorry but you are so wrong.
Yes, there are no guarantees that breking up is the solution to Nigeria's problem. But there is no proof either that staying together as 1 will work ultimately. Yes, India, Pakistan & Bangladesh split, but India is better off for it today as a member of the BRICS nations. South Sudan is less than a year old so you can't say it is a mistake yet. Then your example of the USA doesn't correlate with ours as the different religious & ethnic forces in America are not of equal powers as with Nigeria.
Also, on the point that we shouldn't expect a sitting president to support a call for SNC, that's also dead wrong. Mikhail Gorbachev supervised the end of the USSR as a sitting head of state. FW De Klerk killed apartheid as ruling president in South Africa! This 2 characters sacrificed self preservation on the ground of moral & social fairness.
It is this type of Leaders we pray for in this present Nigeria & not some phantom non-existent LOVE!
You get the point my dear sweetlemon?
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Sweetlemon(f): 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2012
@Kj Hova, how do we have good leaders when the mind of the average Nigerian is filled with hate, pride and intolerance? is it not out of what we have that we will produce?
With the way Nigeria is right now, we CAN ONLY BE RULED PROPERLY BY LEADERS WHO LOVE THEIR COUNTRIES. LEADERS WHO WILL BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO SEE NIGERIA GREAT AGAIN! HOW WILL YOU DO SOMETHING SO PASSIONATE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH LOVE IN YOUR HEART? PLEASE TELL ME?
Do you get my point now?
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by musiwa43: 4:50pm On Feb 16, 2012
first of all Justice alfa Belgore report will not be acceptable to the people  of nigeria and other group in Nigeria.   So jonathan Goodluck is wasting his time.

The 6 zone is not acceptable to the Yorubas. Please quote me. And with no disrespect to Chief clark. There was no time in Nigeria that the people of nigeria created 6 zones. And be assure that leadership have change hand in Nigeria.

And to be honest with you, that why there is crisis in Nigeria. The population of Nigeria post independent of Nigeria is 80% of Nigeria. And their opinion and believe is different from the pre independent Nigeria. And there is no way the pre independent nigeria will determine the future of Nigeria for the pro independent Nigeria.

You cant not expect us the Yoruba people to accept having kwara or kogi state in a different zone or the itsekiri, what you do is you make them minority in a country, where they are majority.

And I want to point it out to you, if you refuse to conduct a National Conference, this government will be overthrown by members of  of army Nigeria soon.  In order to save your job , I will advice you to conduct a National Conference.

I want to point out to you, there is no age mate of chief Clark in nigeria army. And he does not have any friend he will loss in the army if Nigeria goes to a civil war. I want to say bola ahmed does not have any of his friend in the army that will loss his life.  And none of this people can determine our future for us.

And I will like to tell them if any of them have forgotten that the power of the Nigeria nation is reserve not in the hand of Jonathan Goodluck and not in the hands of Clark or any of the politician. but in the hand of the Nigeria army  and the army have the guns. and I will tell you, we have more than enough friend in the Nigeria army that will loss their life, if there is a civil war.  So you better listen carefully. there must be National Conference or you will all loss your jobs.  And when our friend is more than 25,000 members of the Nigeria army, i say you better listen very carefully to Godly advice. You will loss your job.  THE NIGERIA ARMY HAVE CHILDREN AND ARE NOT READY TO DIE FOR GREEDY POLITICIAN.

In simple word, Jonathan Goodluck will return to bayelsa state if he fails to conduct a National Conference.  And a national conference where pre independent will be representing  post- independent will not be acceptable to the people of Nigeria.  because the population of post independent Nigeria is 80%, and there is no way 20% of Nigeria, will be representing the interest of the majority 80%.  

We would put up young post independent nigeria , who will represent our interest. Because this is the future of our people . In less than 10 years pre independent nigeria , total population will just be about 7% of Nigeria population.   chief Edward clark may not be around in 10 years.

And if any politician have forgotten who is your master, please kindly see this pictures of the nigeria army, they all have koboko. And they use koboko on politician too.

If you dont want to loss your jobs as politician you conduct a National Conference. If not the army will have no other choice than to overthrow you. nd under nigeria law, they are require to protect the people of nigeria and not the politician of nigeria.  they are not your slave.

Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by oiseworld: 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2012
Sweetlemon:

@Oiseworld, No I dont think Christainity is what binds America because a good percent of them do not even go to church! Please can you just do some more research there? thank you

their are two countries in the world that have always carried themselves as one. US AND ISREAL. Have u tried to ask wat history do they have in common? Non but religion. I moght be wrong pls edu. Me
Whenn 'ast did u look at an american dollar. Did you still find their IN GOD WE TRUST. Another american quote i came across i can't say or tell where bu if says something like , A people bounded by God. Ps if u hav the write phrase do correct me. They just like us might not follow completely in all the ways of the bible like most modern society and their religion, but their founding fathers did for a long long time dat it has dissulved fully into their system.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Kilode1: 5:10pm On Feb 16, 2012
Sweetlemon:

@Kilode, the answer is simple, swallow your pride and start considering that Yoruba man, start loving that Igbo woman and start respecting that Itshekiri, Ijaw, Efik, elder, start smiling at that Hausa man in your area

That might be achievable on a micro scale when you are talking about a few individuals in a close knit group. Nigerian is a nation of 150M+ people with diverse languages and without a single unifying culture.

Now please educate me on how a nation of 150M+ can achieve this your plan on a macro scale.

Please respond to me like you'ld respond to a child, or a clueless leader with no nation building experience.

I really want to learn.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 16, 2012
oiseworld:

their are two countries in the world that have always carried themselves as one. US AND ISREAL. Have u tried to ask wat history do they have in common? Non but religion. I moght be wrong pls edu. Me
Whenn 'ast did u look at an american dollar. Did you still find their IN GOD WE TRUST. Another american quote i came across i can't say or tell where bu if says something like ,  A people bounded by God. Ps if u hav the write phrase do correct me. They just like us might not follow completely in all the ways of the bible like most modern society and their religion, but their founding fathers did for a long long time dat it has dissulved fully into their system.

What is this Religion angle you keep harping on and on about? In your last post you claimed the United States is a "Christian" Nation. That can go either way, because as someone told you above, most of us dont go to Church out here anyways---- quite frankly majority could give two f**ks about religion.

Next, you claim "Religion" is what binds us with Israel? Lol So, you think Israel is a Christian nation abi?

Like someone said to you above: Pick a book and do some more reading!
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by hakanai(m): 5:12pm On Feb 16, 2012
Don't know what to say.Why Nigerian leaders dey alway resist this SNC?Especially the PDP gang!! Please lets have this thing soonest considering that it is a milestone to seperation.In such a gathering without bloodletting we can say i no do and walk out with a peace resolution to split.GEJ with all due respect allow this thing take place i beg you.You try in some areas but this is critical to our survival as different entities.Please agree to this SNC or national conference.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Reference(m): 5:16pm On Feb 16, 2012
How can a sitting President undermine the constitution he swore to uphold. Friends, that is barking up the wrong tree. The power to change the constitution lies in the with a group called your representatives. They represent collective interests not the Executive and certainly not the Presiednt who was elected with a manifesto which I don't remember contained such a promise to establish or conduct such a conference. Military, regimented mentality again which we find hard to shed that places all powers in the hand of the President. Totally mistaken. The day he moves on that issue is the day he will be impeached and any other President that follows if you and I through our representatives resist the calls. On the other hand if the both Houses are able to agree and pass a motion no sitting President will be able to resist it. That is how democracy works.

grin grin grin Except of course it is SNC by SMC (Supreme Military Council). The 64 dollar question in this whole debate is how to chage democratic settings democratically. No one has ventured an answer.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by musiwa43: 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2012
That constitution is not valid. He know it. Even Obasanjo knew that and he tried to do a conference too. And Obasanjo was a sitting president too.

If a constitution is a lie, how can a nation operate on a lie. It says we the people of Nigeria. You can not amend an invalid constitution. Even if they scrape the  1999 , it return you back to pre independent Nigeria. And you can take it from there. You had a pre independent constitution which still valid until today.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Reference(m): 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2012
musiwa,,.:

first of all Justice alfa Belgore report will not be acceptable to the people  of nigeria and other group in Nigeria.   So jonathan Goodluck is wasting his time.

The 6 zone is not acceptable to the Yorubas. Please quote me. And with no disrespect to Chief clark. There was no time in Nigeria that the people of nigeria created 6 zones. And be assure that leadership have change hand in Nigeria.

And to be honest with you, that why there is crisis in Nigeria. The population of Nigeria post independent of Nigeria is 80% of Nigeria. And their opinion and believe is different from the pre independent Nigeria. And there is no way the pre independent nigeria will determine the future of Nigeria for the pro independent Nigeria.

You cant not expect us the Yoruba people to accept having kwara or kogi state in a different zone or the itsekiri, what you do is you make them minority in a country, where they are majority.

And I want to point it out to you, if you refuse to conduct a National Conference, this government will be overthrown by members of  of army Nigeria soon.  In order to save your job , I will advice you to conduct a National Conference.

I want to point out to you, there is no age mate of chief Clark in nigeria army. And he does not have any friend he will loss in the army if Nigeria goes to a civil war. I want to say bola ahmed does not have any of his friend in the army that will loss his life.  And none of this people can determine our future for us.

And I will like to tell them if any of them have forgotten that the power of the Nigeria nation is reserve not in the hand of Jonathan Goodluck and not in the hands of Clark or any of the politician. but in the hand of the Nigeria army  and the army have the guns. and I will tell you, we have more than enough friend in the Nigeria army that will loss their life, if there is a civil war.  So you better listen carefully. there must be National Conference or you will all loss your jobs.  And when our friend is more than 10,000 members of the Nigeria army, i say you better listen very carefully to Godly advice. You will loss your job.  THE NIGERIA ARMY HAVE CHILDREN AND ARE NOT READY TO DIE FOR GREEDY POLITICIAN.

In simple word, Jonathan Goodluck will return to bayelsa state if he fails to conduct a National Conference.  And a national conference where pre independent will be representing  post- independent will not be acceptable to the people of Nigeria.  because the population of post independent Nigeria is 80%, and there is no way 20% of Nigeria, will be representing the interest of the majority 80%.  

We would put up young post independent nigeria , who will represent our interest. Because this is the future of our people . In less than 10 years pre independent nigeria , total population will just be about 7% of Nigeria population.   chief Edward clark may not be around in 10 years.

And if any politician have forgotten who is your master, please kindly see this pictures of the nigeria army, they all have koboko. And they use koboko on politician too.

If you dont want to loss your jobs as politician you conduct a National Conference. If not the army will have no other choice than to overthrow you. nd under nigeria law, they are require to protect the people of nigeria and not the politician of nigeria.  they are not your slave.

smiley smiley Really I thought under Nigerian law they required to uphold the constitution and wage war against enemies of the constitution whether foreign or domestic. Where does your President lie and where is the point of entry for a SNC. I'm totally for structural reforms of this country. I believe it is the main cause of all our problems and there is no going forward in ANY issue of national importance including the vexed issues of the economy and corruption but the fact remains that there is a grand canyon between that utopia and where we stand right now. The biggerst challenge to the SNC is the very democracy we all agitate for. To be quite honest what are the chances of obtaining a SNC is this kind of democracy. Ordnarily it should take two-thirds of Nigerians in sound agreement for the show to take place. We are still far from that position. The factors that will make 110 million Nigerians actively tired (not passively) of this present system is are not in place yet so the call all looks elitist and sectional. Sorry to say so we are yet to reach the level of suffering and despair to trigger a wider call. My two cents.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 16, 2012
lol you guys still taking panadol untop GEJ? I've given up hope a very long time ago.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by oiseworld: 5:52pm On Feb 16, 2012
kingoflag:

What is this Religion angle you keep harping on and on about? In your last post you claimed the United States is a "Christian" Nation. That can go either way, because as someone told you above, most of us dont go to Church out here anyways---- quite frankly majority could give two f**ks about religion.

Next, you claim "Religion" is what binds us with Israel? Lol So, you think Israel is a Christian nation abi?

Like someone said to you above: Pick a book and do some more reading!

pls tell me wat binds america wih isreal. that would make presiden OBAMA tell the world that the most important thing to them (AMERICAN GOVT) was the security of the homeland and isreal.

Your not going to church does not mean ur govt has not taken her stand. Pls anwer the first qst.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 16, 2012
^^^ ^^^

Be a good sport and listen to the girl: Pick up a book!
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Kilode1: 6:54pm On Feb 16, 2012
Reference:

smiley smiley Really I thought under Nigerian law they required to uphold the constitution and wage war against enemies of the constitution whether foreign or domestic. Where does your President lie and where is the point of entry for a SNC.

I'm totally for structural reforms of this country. I believe it is the main cause of all our problems and there is no going forward in ANY issue of national importance including the vexed issues of the economy and corruption but the fact remains that there is a grand canyon between that utopia and where we stand right now.

The biggerst challenge to the SNC is the very democracy we all agitate for. To be quite honest what are the chances of obtaining a SNC is this kind of democracy. Ordnarily it should take two-thirds of Nigerians in sound agreement for the show to take place. We are still far from that position. The factors that will make 110 million Nigerians actively tired (not passively) of this present system is are not in place yet so the call all looks elitist and sectional. Sorry to say so we are yet to reach the level of suffering and despair to trigger a wider call. My two cents.

Because a president swore an oath to protect the country or the constitution DOES NOT MEAN he can't preside over, propose or sign new amendments to the same constitution.

Perfecting the laws of the land is part of the broader responsibilities of a democratic leader.

Aside that little point, I agree with your post.

We stretch our optimism too far if we expect a ruling Nigerian government ( Executive + legislator) to  propose and preside over a dialogue that can lead to a fundamental reduction in their  influence, power and control.

Technically, I belive we can find a political solution to this problem of fundamental restructuring, but I'm not hopeful. Not with these crop of people

A popular bottom-up uprising will change minds faster in this kind of situation. That is where I expect the agitators to focus on - capturing the heart's and minds of the people.

These centralized greedy, visionless looters will not remove food from their own mouth, forget it.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Uche2005: 7:07pm On Feb 16, 2012
Kilode , your argue is not valid. Let me put it this way. Jonathan Goodluck will be a dead man in some weeks, if he does not conduct a national conference. So Jonathan Goodluck as a dead man will have no oath , which is as swore by as a dead man. Because dead people oath are of no value.

So if a man is about to die. he has to be smart. At this point in the life of nigeria. national conference is the best for the nation. Jonathan Goodluck will be overthrow very soon if he continue to be playing hard ball. This is the history of nigeria. And all senators who claim they are God, will not have a job.

So and when a man knows they will kill him and they say do conference, smart people do conference. foolish one will refuse.

like Azikiwe once said, only a madman argue with the man with a gun .
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by oiseworld: 7:15pm On Feb 16, 2012
kingoflag:

^^^ ^^^

Be a good sport and listen to the girl: Pick up a book!

one outstanding quality of americans is educating people thru the media. Eg movies. Pls educate this young nigeria who thnks dat the 'GOD' in the american moto IN GOD WE TRUST is the same GOD in the porpular saying of america being "GODS OWN COUNTRY" Is tje same God of the Isrealite. Ask questions and equally research and be proud to educate me like a proud american would.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Onlytruth(m): 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2012

I was expecting him to support it. If one Azikiwe has made a mistake in joining it (NIGER AREA) together i expect another to correct it.
This guy proving to be the second coming of the first Azikiwe.

I just had to laugh at this! hehehe! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

@Topic

GEJ, your stocks are gradually losing value (with me at least). If you don't have the balls want to convoke a SNC, be ready for whatever comes up.
Also be ready to accept responsibility. You cannot shift blames on anyone outside Aso rock.
By the end of this year, those of us who supported you in 2011 will start to abandon ship if we don't see a MAJOR change in Nigeria. cool
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 16, 2012
oiseworld:

one outstanding quality of americans is educating people thru the media. Eg movies. Pls educate this young nigeria who thnks dat the 'GOD' in the american moto IN GOD WE TRUST is the same GOD in the porpular saying of america being "GODS OWN COUNTRY" Is tje same God of the Isrealite. Ask questions and equally research and be proud to educate me like a proud american would.

Lmao what a religious nut! Nigerians. . . smh!

Anyways, I'm advising you as a PROUD AMERICAN. Listen to the lady and pick up a book.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by bakila: 8:30pm On Feb 16, 2012
Uche2005:

Kilode , your argue is not valid. Let me put it this way. Jonathan Goodluck will be a dead man in some weeks, if he does not conduct a national conference. So Jonathan Goodluck as a dead man will have no oath , which is as swore by as a dead man. Because dead people oath are of no value.

So if a man is about to die. he has to be smart. At this point in the life of nigeria. national conference is the best for the nation. Jonathan Goodluck will be overthrow very soon if he continue to be playing hard ball. This is the history of nigeria. And all senators who claim they are God, will not have a job.

So and when a man knows they will kill him and they say do conference, smart people do conference. foolish one will refuse.

like Azikiwe once said, only a madman argue with the man with a gun .
wake up from that nightmare. Soldier support SNC? They cannot support simple protest. No vex wake up.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by oiseworld: 8:48pm On Feb 16, 2012
lol!!
So wat book do you recomend. I mean the one you'r MOST PROUD OF i would get it.

I think u've learnt something today.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Beaf: 9:19pm On Feb 16, 2012
GEJ is in complete support of true federalism from the little one can gain from following his words. His position is much deeper than most peoples surface understanding of the true federalism issue; something that can be gleaned from the widely known proposed changes he has going to submit eg abrogation of the land use decree, petroleum act (some of which will come through the PIB) etc. There is also a lot of privatisation of govt interests, especially the divestments from the petroleum sector (subsidy etc).

Being the President, his position on unconstitutional things like an SNC must be nuanced.
It is not in anyones interest for the country to split if we can work things out; and if we nust split, it is not in our interest to do so violently either. These are the things that must guide the Presidents steps and utterances, indeed GEJ stated clearly that there might be a mechanism through which the Presidential Committee on Outstanding Constitutional Issues might be widened to include ethnic representation if there are any left over issues that are not inimical to national unity; if you ask me, that is your national conference. The only thing is that its scope must not be limitless or something that can cause bloodshed.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by musiwa43: 10:01pm On Feb 16, 2012
beaf on which interest is it that nigeria should remain. Give me those whose interest it is. Is it not jonathan Goodluck to continue to sign contract in aso rock.

The Sovereign National Conference is for the interest of nigerian and nigeria , since we have a problem. Yes Jonathan Goodluck thinks it is to his disadvantage to have a Sovereign National Conference. but you must ask yourself this question.
Who is more important. is it Jonathan Goodluck or the people of Nigeria. ?

even the word of God says , anyone who cover his sin does not have progress. For us to have progress we need a Sovereign National Conference.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by musiwa43: 10:09pm On Feb 16, 2012
beaf Jonathan come, Jonathan go. what will be the future of the next ijaw people. Do you think Jonathan will be there to give them allowance? Jonathan will not be there. His great ground children are going to suffer like any other ijaw in Nigeria.

So Jonathan Goodluck as to see it, I am not doing this for myself, I am doing it for the next generation. Knowing the history of Nigeria. They will overthrow Jonathan goodluck very soon.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Akiika: 10:13pm On Feb 16, 2012
Check out the list "Edwin Clark, Dr. Dosumu Awolowo, Felix Ibru, Oladipo Diya, Olu Falae, Tunde Akogu, Alabo Graham-Douglas, Mike Okiro, Femi Okunronmu, Gbonigi, Ebenezer Babatope, and Gen. Tony Etukudo amongst others."

Who among these people shouldn't be hanged for their contribution one way or the other to the mess Nigeria is in?

Nigeria is hopeless if we keep recycling these set of people.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by musiwa43: 10:22pm On Feb 16, 2012
the issue is not about the list but the issue is the statement that they say jonathan goodluck is against a conference. You have to have a conference.

Look Boko haram and sect like this are members of the Nigeria army. because they are islamic sect and they have job and some of them are members of the army.
listen to this video.   There must be national conference to resolve this issue. they are look at the satellite pictures in the north.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6l3U-H7MCg&feature=related

Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by musiwa43: 10:41pm On Feb 16, 2012
I have said over and over to remove the western niger for the north to become majority. Look. people have call me name. But who is the greatest Igbo man that ever lived. That man his Ojukwu . When I said at a time I want to be president. What most of you do not know is that Ojukwu was going to vote me. The reason is who is Ojukwu to me. You have to know i will not do anything against the Igbo.

Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Beaf: 10:52pm On Feb 16, 2012
oiseworld:

@sweetlemon
u've made lots of points there, but still using america as a case study for nigeria, i would say lets find out what really binds them together. It must be really strong. And i would say its religion.(christianity). Every other religion are minor emmigrants. The founding fathers had already layed the indept laws of the bible into their constitution.
Thats why nigeria is finding it difficult to work. Wth two powerful and totally different religions we have different tots of reasoning and selfish religious pursue. Therefore a need for SNC.

Lol! The US constitution is based on Freemasonry tenets (more out of frustration than scheming). In fact, the following US Presidents were Freemasons; no other country has such a preponderance:

George Washington
James Monroe
Andrew Jackson
James Polk
James Buchanan
Andrew Johnson
James Garfield
William McKinley
Theodore Roosevelt
Howard Taft
Warren Harding
Franklin Roosevelt
Harry Truman
Gerald Ford

http://www.mastermason.com/wilmettepark/pres.html
http://www.usnews.com/listings/freemasons/2-presidents

Another thing you should know is that many of the biggest US evangelists are Freemasons. Its not about Christianity and never will be, bruv; learn your World. It is about an enduring national philosophy.
This is how it went:

The American Revolution was like a force driving without any fixed direction and with the only goal as freedom from imperialist Britain. Freedom from Britain gave way to complete chaos and corruption, much like Nigeria of today. The first American constitution; Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union (drafting began in in 1776 and ratification came in 1781), was poorly thought up and only led to more chaos . Indeed the US had its own equivalent of MEND at the time called, Shays' Rebellion; a rebellion against the court system ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shays%27_Rebellion ).
US states acted in unrestrained ways to gain funding with states like Connecticut going as far as to act against the national interest. Call it the Wild Wild West.

The American soon realised that their brand new constitution was a failure and that their brand new country was becoming one too. So the clamour arose for a new constitution that would capture the ideology of the American Enlightenment movement (which was the driver of the American Revolution). The American Enlightenment movements based its ideology on freedom, liberalism, democracy, popular choice and religious tolerance.
By coincidence, the Freemasons in the US already had a very well thought out system of federalism by which the lodges were governed, a system they had hammered out by practice over centuries. It was almost a perfect fit for the chaotic US (indeed, there is a Masonic motto that says, Order out of Chaos), with a few changes, its principles were adopted.
It should be noted that several powerful members of the American Enlightenment were Freemasons (eg George Washington and Benjamin Franklin).

""Though free, we were not yet united [1783]. The loose Articles of Confederation did not provide a strong national government, common currency or consistent judicial system. Men of vision realized that another step must be taken if the weak Confederation of American States was to become a strong, unified nation. Again Freemasonry set the pattern in ideology and form. Since the Masonic federal system of organization was the only pattern for effective organization operating in each of the original Thirteen Colonies, it was natural that patriotic Brethren should turn to the organizational base of the Craft for a model. Regardless of the other forces that affected the formation of the Constitution during the Constitutional Convention in 1787, the fact remains that the federalism created is identical to the federalism of the Grand Lodge system of Masonic government created in Anderson's Constitutions of 1723."

Page 82
Masons Who Helped Shape Our Nation
Henry C Clausen ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Clausen )
http://www.amazon.com/Masons-Who-Helped-Shape-Nation/dp/B0006COFS0

The bottom line is that every nation MUST be founded on enduring principles; Nigeria is founded only on lies, immorality, theft and extortion.
With the American journey in mind, it is easy to see that Jonathans steps to amend the constitution will be the first in a process that might take a few years to a decade to achieve. Right now, we need to begin hammering out the philosophies of what makes us Nigeria, who can be Nigerian, the benefits of being Nigerian, what is expected of the citizen and what is expected of the state.

America got its philosophical grounding from Freemasonry, where will we get ours?
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by oiseworld: 10:59pm On Feb 16, 2012
did u see any alhaji on that list of leaders.

Pls help with what unites america and isreal
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by oiseworld: 11:13pm On Feb 16, 2012
@beaf
u could also help on the american motto "IN GOD WE TRUST"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abdulfatai Emetumah: The Igbo Muslim King (Photo) / Beinmo Jonah Escapes Assassination Attempt / Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.