Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej (8534 Views)

Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year / OPC Joins Calls For Sovereign National Conference / Tinubu Calls For Sovereign National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by oiseworld: 10:52am On Feb 17, 2012
@sweetlemon agreed on the jew/christian part. But i still don't get ur point.

Now, their is serious rumours that boko haram is sponsored by the northern leaders and emirs. Boko haram attacks churches, christians, govt officials and moslems who do not support their course, so wat else do you need.they even asked that christians leave the north so they can practice sharia. With very uncivilized laws. I think we should let them. As long as they let us.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Sweetlemon(f): 11:21am On Feb 17, 2012
We can decide to use this SNC to plant the root of love and tolerance in our systems that should be the main issue to discuss. Believe me, that is the best medicine we can give ourselves. Any other thing will just be cosmetic.
Each of us have our roles to play. like i said, start loving that Yoruba man, start considering that Igbo woman, start smiling at that mallam, start respecting that calabar man, and watch Nigeria climb up again.
If you look closely, you will see that from North to south, Nigerians have a lot of things in common, we are a creative bunch, we have this suffering and smiling attitude, we are survivors, we are hustlers, we love our pidgin English, I have never seen people who know how to 'yab' playfully more than Nigerians. We are religious, we have this nothing is worth dying for mentality (we all heard that boko haram suicide bombers are more or less forced to do it) we love good things, our languages are even similar, I could go on and on! Now tell me who said that these are not enough reasons to keep us together? Tell me how we can fail with all these similarities if we can learn to love and respect one another?
Nigerian youths tell me you do not enjoy saying ''Naija 4 lyf''
Tell me you do not enjoy boasting to other Africans about the Naija flavour in Nollywood or in our music industry. The beauty of Naija cannot be overemphazised!
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by oiseworld: 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2012
@sweetlemon,

lol!! Did you think i didn't know all these about ma beloved country. Do you think i trully want Nigeria to break up? No i don't ! And i would cry, and cry if we do break up. But growing more matured, i have come to understand dat what has to be done,has to be done. From ur post i can tell u are far away from home, presicely america. I am on ground and i take every person killed by boko haramor any other religious war as a member of my family. The MARRIAGE IS NOT WORKING.
All effort done to make it work has failed. Probably you do have job, and if you don't ur govt and system ia working towards getting you ome. its not the same down here. A religion here has choosing to dictate the tide and flow of things down here, they have refused to feed us as regards the agreement that unites us. We have still feed them with education and enlighthenment of which they have rejected. Just yesterday the son of a very wealth banker was sentence to life imprison,ent on attempt of tring to blow up a plane. Does that not show somethimg is wrong somewhere. they still crave and fight for leadership positions just to promote their islamic religion. What do they know about governance when non of their arab brothers have succeeded in extablishing and maitaining a truly democratic government, yet they must rule. By fire by force.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Sweetlemon(f): 12:15pm On Feb 17, 2012
Nope! I have never set foot out of this country! I'v spent ALL my life in Naija. And yes, I know EXACTLY how poverty tastes!
Did you just say ''All effort done to make it work has failed'' precisely and EXACTLY WHAT effort (devoid of selfishness and greed) are you talking about?
Have you started trying what I am now suggesting? please go and start doing so, also tell others to try it, then come back here and tell me it's not working!
LOVE is the most powerful force in this world!
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by oiseworld: 12:29pm On Feb 17, 2012
ok, i would continue in my love practice and increase my llve message. I have always lovedd my northern brothers until i discouvered who they trully are.
Can u imagine how boko haram could easyly recruit willing members. Didn'yt u see how the youth in kano jubilated during and after the boko haram activity. They went further to ask the reporters if they where christians, pls wat for?
I have said my own. May God help us.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by ektbear: 1:12pm On Feb 17, 2012
Nigeria will and must divide sooner or later.

So you can either negotiate separation peacefully and gradually through a SNC, or deal with option #2.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Sweetlemon(f): 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
The youths in Kano jubilated? or the brainwashed youths in Kano?
before you start pointing fingers at them, what can you say about the recent tribal clashes in Ebonyi? Are they Northerners? Mba!
What of MEND who are now threatening to bomb organizations like MTN? Are they abokis? No!
Are they not ALL brainwashed by bad politicians? this is what I am trying to say, dividing the country will only be cosmetic and in fact a costly mistake! look at my first post here again to see why!
As long as we still have these evil politicians with us, we will continue breaking into tens and hundreds of tiny countries becausethey will always continue to sponsor such groups for their own selfish interests.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by oiseworld: 3:51pm On Feb 17, 2012
wat actually is the purpose of this marriage. I think dats what we should be talking about. I believe no matter how far u've gone on a wrong way; YOU JUST HAVE TO TURN BACK. Don't u know some northerners are also clamoring for a national conference/Total seperation.
Don't defend those northern youths the quran actually regards non muslims as infidels and states that the be subdued/ruled and killing them is just as far as allah is concerned. You have to make phsical moves to get to heaven. You and i know thats not the truth. While they carry out their day to day office activities they shoul use it to promote islam. Now aare u saying they should set the religious pursue aside for the course of nigeria dats near imposible. So decide for ir self how you intend too bring love into a heart filled wir religious sentiments. Allow them to pursue their curse while we pursue ours

if the name naija is ur issues we would still bare nigeria only this time wit a southern,northern nigeria or what so ever.

Mind you, i don't want a divided nigeria but has spoken from the actual situation of things.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Sweetlemon(f): 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2012
Nope! I am NOT defending the northern youths. I'm only saying we all have our own kinds of madness as exhibited by MEND, etc. and this madness will keep haunting us as we keep splitting into tiny counties. Dont you get it??
Also, by the time we split into about 50 countries, waht are we going to call ourselves? ''calabar 9ja''? ''Enugu Naija''? ''Fulani naija''? Now THAT sounds dull as hell!
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Dede1(m): 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2012
Nigeria was initially constituted to serve the sole interest of British colonialists not foolish Nigerians. It is high time the progressives in Nigeria started motions that will swiftly bring Nigeria to rubbles so that nation states configured to serve interest of their native inhabitants could emerge. Nigeria is a dead end.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 17, 2012
Who r those calling for SNC? The same group of people that brought this pain on all Nigerians! What an irony. They r all acting up a script!
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by oiseworld: 6:14pm On Feb 17, 2012
no! We won't split into tiny countries, we are greedy but not stupid. You would see how powerful the region would be.

but mind u am only calling for SNC. Not the total breakup of the country. I would list all i want to be addressed at the SNC.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by musiwa43: 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2012
Here is it , if you dont conduct a SNC, they will overthrow you. This is how nigeria works. If you know nigeria history. Different secret group in the army would already have most of the politician under watch if they want to run away. So to give people the chance to speak their mind. You break up the country. since most people want it breaking up.

It does not mean politician will loss their jobs to break up the country. You just transfer yourself to the new country as interim govt.
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Sweetlemon(f): 7:50am On Feb 20, 2012
@oiseworld, that is EXACTLY where we would be headed if we start spliting now.
Just stop arguing with me and go show some love ok?
@Musiwa, so you think the military will come in if we do not split? what makes you think that the military will not come in AFTER we have split AND still having the same problems because we wil still have the same breed of politicians ruling us? have you considered that?
Read my previous posts please
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
Hehehehe GEJ the lying fisherman
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
lets not forget
Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by musiwa1f: 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
there have already been a conference.. before merge of 1960 before the union of the 3 sovereign state, it is respecting the decision of that conference.

Constitution is not binding to sovereignty Western Nigeria

The constitution of Nigeria is not binding to Western Nigeria --Engr Musiwa

Is not ,

Here is African union constitution, Morocco was part of africa union. After a while Morroco pull out of africa union. Why did africa union not show morroco their constitution.

When military Olusegun Obasanjo sign the document in 1979, he had no power to sign sure. He was a military man, all laws by the military are not acceptable in international law. Obasanjo did not know what the word sovereignty mean.. He did not know what sovereignty mean till less than 2 month ago. 99% of nigeria office holders do not know the meaning.

Constitution is just a piece of paper.. It is not binding to western nigeria, it can leave nigeria... Just like Morroco . constitution is just an agreement that any of the party to the agreement can say, I am no more interested in. Human divorce. Please ask international lawyers.

[s][/s]http://www.africanconstitution.org/home/constitutive-act

Morocco is not part of africa union .. it remove itself from africa union

http://mg.co.za/article/2013-04-26-00-morocco-has-au-aspirations/

Ghana and Guinea formed Ghana-Guinea Union in 1958 (Union of African States). just like Western Nigeria, eastern nigeria and Northern nigeria form Nigeria in 1960. if you have friend from Ghana please called them and ask if I am speaking the truth.

Koffi annan is my witness.

i represent the voice of my people.,

to help you out in the town obasanjo comes from, if the election is free and fair. i will win against obasanjo. with tinubu nobody can tell you, where he comes from. dont laugh. at least obasanjo knows his home town. I just kept on laughing when i was written this. For tinubu, he has has several home towns. nigeria politician go kill me.

Why, because leadership is a generation thing.. And yoruba will call them Agbaya if they try to compete with me. So obasanjo and tinubu can clearly see, there is a new person in town. if they doubt, i can make 1,000,000 protesters come stand infront of their house.

you can see from this video, i am the voice of my people. Not tinubu or obasanjo. they are not the voice of our people. So if I tell you something. You have to believe. Because the people are upset and they will kill anyone who oppose me. this is why I show you my facebook. To show you the level the leevel my voice hold..

Tinubu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFjWFOcn1y8

Obasanjo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5ytW23Vodo&list=PL9BA9A24EFAECF049

[img]http://4.bp..com/-HvHqiEdSDIk/T1aCTamKrNI/AAAAAAAAAAs/mD4eteogCxM/s1600/naija.jpg[/img]

Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by musiwa1f: 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2013
The world of God says the my sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me, What it means is the people do not follow tinubu or obasanjo or fashola.. They follow me, because I truth represent their voice. That why i show you people my facebook. You can see that is the army force of Nigeria. because they have had it up to here,

they will clear obasanjo, tinubu or fashola or anyone who do not listen to me. Because their own lifes are first in danger as members of the army. they will kill fashola, obasanjo or tinubu or Jonathan. if fashola doudt it, they come and shoot him, because the people are feed up.. etc or any senators, if you dont listen. Word of God says wisdom is for the wise.

The sheep only listen to who. So listen to my voice.. because leadership have change hands. the people are feed up with old wine in new bottle.

Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by musiwa1f: 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2013
and if you fail to listen now this is where we are going. yorubas have uranium. this is a nuclear bomb. and i have inform the international community. to prevent this. you most listen to me. stop listen to obasanjo or tinubu and other they are not been sincere with you. we are a people who develop oil platform. So anything is possible. we would be able to develop nuclear bomb.

When I say listen to my voice, you listen because people dont hear under anything.. The sheep follow the voice , another the word of God says, they will not follow.

Re: No Need For Sovereign National Conference – Gej by DanAnyiam: 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
author=Sweetlemon]before I start, let me say I AM NOT A GEJ PRAISE SINGER/SYMPATHIZER
I have watched in total dismay, the rate at which this site has turned into a tribal war site due to the rising belief among Nigerians that a split up of Nigeria will automatically solve Nigeria's problems.
My dear brothers and sisters, this belief, I must say, is a lie directly from the pit of hell!

No one is your brother or sister here, just make your point.

Oh! so you guys think that spliting Nigeria will save you from boko haram huh? Well, I have news for you, Nigeria will keep spiliting into many tiny countries as long as the root of our problems remain in tact because we will still be stuck with the same evil breed of politicians who wll continue to sponsor more groups like they have been doing with MEND, boko haram, OPC, etc. More groups will continue to spring up from no where in our new countries! cant you guys see that!!!!
It is well known that the use of fear can be a dangerous weapon in the fight for heart and mind. It doesn't matter how many pieces they split, the main point is any where each people find themselves, it will be based on their choice. Its not a question of number of size of area, Andorra in Europe is less than 50 thousands people, still they exist side by side with giants like Germany. It may be the same politician but it gives the people more chance to be closer to them, than the present far away land in Abuja. Let everyone go and manage their own politicians and corruptions. No more using ethnic card as defence, whenever they are caught stealing etc.

Cant you see that the real problem with Nigeria is LACK OF LOVE for one another and PRIDE?
Now you even said, Nigerian lack of love is the problem. When there is no love in marriage, the best alternative is divorce. Unless you don't know that Nigeria is a marriage. Where there is lack of love, you have nothing at all to work on and you cannot force love, it comes very natural.

Let me break it down, look at the west, let's pick lagos as a case study. We have the Ijebus and Aworis at each others throats on the issue of who the real settlers are. Imagine Nigeria breaking up, wont these groups also fight for who should govern over them?  Would an Ijebu man vote for an Awori man for president?
When we have western region as a regional power, why didn't we have the same fight you talking about, but even we have, then it the problem of the those involved and them alone to settle it. No more Abuja interference in the matter that doesn't concern them, no more Abuja imposition of puppets. This problem will no longer afffect Hausa, Efik or Igbo but those involved.
Let's look at the Niger delta region, we are all aware of the age old beef btw the ijaws and the Itshekiris. How would they cope with leadership if that region becomes a country?
In my state, the three ethic groups hardly see eye to eye. Imagine Akwa-Ibom and Cross-River as one state, the Oron and Calabar people will never be comfortable with the Ibibios ruling them. We will be back to that 'zoning' crap.[/quote]
It shown you knew little about Nigeria. Akwa Ibom, cross River use to be in the former Eastern region and record shows that they are the most peaceful in that era. Before Lord lugard tied everybody down into an evil marriage called Nigeria, these people you mentioned have lived together in peace not in pieces for centuries.

Look at the recent tribal clashes in Ebonyi state. Na boko haram cause am?
Think guys! dont allow the devil make us think that breaking up a family will solve its problems. look at India, it broke into pakistan, then bangladesh. Are they now living happily? tell me!
Ebonyi can fight all they like, its not abnormal that people even when close can fight, people fight their own brothers everyday, wife and husband fight, but the difference is in the end they will realise the blood link and made up. You really believe that Boko Haram will made up with you in a thousand years? Y ou seem to contradict yourself by using India as an example, not knowing that the economic powerhouse India is today is because they are not tied down with Pakistan or Bangladesh. Based on what we are seeing today with islamic militancy, can you just imagine the scenario where India and Pakistan is one country govern from one source? Can you just imagine a general election in such a country with India, Pakistan plus Bangladesh in it. Who do you think each people will vote for, if not the same scenario we have in Nigeria today? ethnic/religious sentimental voting pattern.

Look at Sudan, south sudan has been crying for 'independence from the northern part. now they have it. But guess what? Thousands have fleed south sudan due to fresh crisis in south sudan!
Again don't quote thing you knew little about. South Sudan had only just got independence, had to cope with the Sudanese hostile regime and blockade of their oil pipeline. Incoursion by the sudance militia. These are teething problem they have to cope with, along with thousand of refugee settlement. Give them time, but even that, they are happy as they are than the slavery life under the Kharthum government.

yeah yeah, I know it has worked for some other countries but how are we so sure it will work for us? I STRONGLY believe it will not because of the nature of the root of our problems
Let us love and respect each other's tribes, languages, cultures, and religion.

So you are well aware that it has worked somewhere? So what gave you the authority to sanction that it won't work for us too? Yes we can still love and respect each other from own countries, the same way we love and respect Cameroonians. I don't need to be in marriage with everyone before I could love them and earn their respect. France and Britain don't have to become one country with capital in Paris to a British man to show that they respect each other.

That is the ONLY thing that can bring lasting solution to our problems! Where there is love and respect, people will start considering others in whatever they do or say. when this happens, corruption will die a slow but steady death which will then pave way for better governance.
Even in the next hundred years, Nigeria, still based as it today will still be as it is today. You think Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani etc will wake up one day and start to love each other? An Igbo man will not give a job his brother is not qualified for? That Yoruba will start voting a non Yoruba in an election a Yoruba is top candidate? That some one from Katsina will stop saying that the Oil in Nigeria delta flowed down from the land into the delta? Dream on.

Look at the U.S.A, if there is any country in the world that should be having 'tribal' problems, it should be America because she has an assortment of not just different RACES but also different NATIONS from all over the world. there are also different religions such as Christianity, islam, Jewism, Hindu, etc. This is because there are African Americans, Asian Americans, European Americans, etc.
But do you see a New Yorker thinking that a Texan cannot 'rule' him? Hell No! why? Because although they may use different platforms, Americans generally speak up with ONE voice! they are together, they are united. do a research and you will see that is why they are still the most powerful country in the world.

Think about it guys!
My instinct tells me that breaking up Nigeria will be one of the biggest mistakes ever made in history, and believe me, its almost always correct!

This another wicked example some still spews out each day. U.S.A cannot be in anyway if you know your stuff, to be used to represent the Nigeria question. U.S.A is purely a migrant nation, while those that make up of Nigeria are indigenous people, who had lived there thousands of years before the European came. Why was Nigerians recently deported in their own country?
Is it not because those the feel that they own that Nigeria right from from their ancestors felt that the deportee doesn't belong, event hough they are Nigerian? Going by your own example, where have you seen someone deported from from New York, because he is from Florida? And Why didn't the Nigeria federal government kick off a fire over it in stead of its holy silence? Why not use Great Britain that created Nigeria-why did they allow Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales to have parliament with power to raise taxes, formulate health care etc agendas? Every Scot is a free as a birth anywhere in the U.K to do anything, but despite that many still want an independent Scotland. This is coming from those that created Nigeria. No one abuse them or harass them or worse deport them from non Scottish town, but they are granted by law the right to have a referendum where they will decide right from Westminster seat of power. People like you who are reaping like vulture from the state of Nigeria should be using fear and lies to seduce who care to be seduced.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria / FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland / Buhari Will Award Contract For Eastern Corridor Railways Before December, VON DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.