Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? (1945 Views)

How Did Cain Got Married To A Woman When There Are Only Just 3 People On Earth? / Pastor Chris Removes Information About His Wife From Church Website, / Where Did Cain Got His Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 17, 2012
God created only Adam and Eve, and they gave birth to Cain and Abel, and Cain killed Abel, and later saw the body of his wife and she gave birth to, so so so and so, Now folks, have you wondered, WHERE DID CAIN GOT HIS WIFE? WHO IS CAIN'S WIFE AND WHO ARE HER PARENTS??
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2012
jobfront:

God created only Adam and Eve, and they gave birth to Cain and Abel, and Cain killed Abel, and later saw the body of his wife and she gave birth to, so so so and so, Now folks, have you wondered, WHERE DID CAIN GOT HIS WIFE? WHO IS CAIN'S WIFE AND WHO ARE HER PARENTS??

Cain's wife must be the most popular un-named wife ever to be recorded in history. cheesy
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by crossman9(m): 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2012
it was one of the sister easy as pie
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:18pm On Feb 17, 2012
crossman9:

it was one of the sister easy as pie

What was her name? cool
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

What was her name? cool
And where was it stated I wanna know, with proven evidence not by an assumption, kids ask me this very question often, so I want to give them a clear pointblank answer, no harm! smiley
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2012
One possible explanation is that perhaps Adam was working away from home, and Cain spent time only with Eve.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2012
jobfront:

And where was it stated I wanna know, with proven evidence not by an assumption, kids ask me this very question often, so I want to give them a clear pointblank answer, no harm! smiley

Mrs Cain wouldn't be a bad answer, would it? wink
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by buzugee(m): 9:40pm On Feb 17, 2012
God did not just create adam and eve. God created a whole colony of people. but adam and eve are the only ones created in his image. adam and eve were the leaders. their job was to civilize the others. see the lord works through a person whom he uplifts above the others or a nation whom he uplifts above other nations. adam and eve were the uplifted people amongst the people created. they were the ones created in his image with intellect
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2012
Let's try to analyze it seriously.
The logical possibilities are:
1. Cain had sex with his mother. That would not be surprising. The Bible details many cases like this for example Abraham, husband of Sarah, who at 100 years old had a child with his maid named Agar.
2. In the case of Adam and Eve had had more children (the Bible does not say so) the other remaining possibility is that Cain had sex with your sister ,
Well, whatever , not something to recommend to the Bible do you?
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:39am On Feb 19, 2012
jobfront:

She was Mrs. No Name.

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20041025.gif[/img]

What were kids asking you, was it about the name of Cain's wife or where she came from?
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by eddy1977(m): 5:30am On Feb 20, 2012
what difference does it make? i mean;seriously? how does knowing the identity of cain's wife make you a better citizen? how doest it make you a better manager of your income?

who cares about cain's wife?
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:41am On Feb 20, 2012
Cain’s Wife—Who Was She? Click on the hyperlink below for answers.

Cain's Wife

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20000501.gif[/img]
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:57am On Feb 20, 2012
eddy1977:

what difference does it make? i mean;seriously? how does knowing the identity of cain's wife make you a better citizen? how doest it make you a better manager of your income?

who cares about cain's wife?

A lot of people care to know who the most popular wife in history is.  Money may not be the only thing people care about but a lot of people care about their historical backgrounds.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2012
Nonsense! our ancestors were incestuous, we were products of an incestuous relationship. Shake my head in shame!
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by FXKing2012(m): 1:28pm On Feb 20, 2012
@Mabel had already started a thread with this exact question and we addressed and rested the issue, so why bring it up again?

Anyway just so u know, in those days only male children were named as heirs so there is hardly any mention of female children. Go and read Genesis chapters 4, 9 & 10, only the male children were mentioned laving out the female children.
So even though the Bible only made mention of Cain and Abel (even though Gen 4:25 states that Adam and Eve had another child after Cain was banished whose name was Seth), there could have been - and must have been - other female children born to Adam and Eve but there was no mention of them due to my earlier explanation.

So this puts this question to rest - permanently!
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2012
FXKing2012:

@Mabel had already started a thread with this exact question and we addressed and rested the issue, so why bring it up again?

Anyway just so u know, in those days only male children were named as heirs so there is hardly any mention of female children. Go and read Genesis chapters 4, 9 & 10, only the male children were mentioned laving out the female children.
So even though the Bible only made mention of Cain and Abel (even though Gen 4:25 states that Adam and Eve had another child after Cain was banished whose name was Seth), there could have been - and must have been - other female children born to Adam and Eve but there was no mention of them due to my earlier explanation.

So this puts this question to rest - permanently!
Right.
Then discard that Cain had sex with his mother Eve.
But as you say, it would have had a sister.
I insist that the Bible is llema of incest and marital deceit, which were viewed favorably by God , Abraham just read!
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by UyiIredia(m): 1:54am On Feb 21, 2012
Why the sacred cows ? Cain slept with one of his sisters. Or maybe a nephew, if he had brothers & sisters. Thing is, whether evolution or creation occurred God would have had to close His eyes in shame while watching Cain sleep with his sister.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 22, 2012
the Bible is a bed-time story for kids. it doesn't mean what it says, it means what the reader thinks.

(1) (Reply)

Reflection/homily: 5th Sunday Of Lent Year B (march 25 2012) / Would You, like Abraham, P.I.M.P. Your Wife To A Rich Man In Exchange For Food? / The Man "Jesus"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.