Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,659 members, 7,816,689 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN (18655 Views)

Olajumoke Orisaguna Featured On CNN (Photos&Video) / Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN / Charlyboy Pictured In Church During Father's Funeral Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by iBlogNaija: 10:10pm On Feb 17, 2012
4pm GMT

(CNN) -- Saturday's funeral for legendary pop singer Whitney Houston is expected to be made available for television and web streaming from the New Jersey church where she grew up, Houston's publicist said Wednesday.

The services, to be held at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, will be in a much smaller, more intimate setting than the concert halls and arenas Houston packed during her heyday.In every sense, she will be going home.

Publicists and entertainers by Wednesday had confirmed nearly a dozen celebrities and personalities will be in some of the 1,500 coveted, "invitation-only" seats.

Actor Kevin Costner, who starred with Houston in the movie "The Bodyguard," will speak, and singers Stevie Wonder and Aretha Franklin -- Houston's godmother -- will perform, according to a source with knowledge of the funeral plans.

Gospel singer and pastor Marvin L. Winans, a longtime friend of the Houston family, will give the eulogy at New Hope Baptist Church. Winans officiated at Houston's 1992 marriage to R&B singer Bobby Brown.

http://www.thenetng.com/2012/02/17/whitney-houstons-funeral-service-to-be-streamed-live/
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/02/15/showbiz/whitney-houston-funeral/index.html
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Lasinoh: 5:19am On Feb 18, 2012
Not innarestid.
I have said goodbye. kiss
When I say goodbye. . . I mean goodbye.
RIP. kiss
To whom it may concern please.
My TV only has one channel on at all times. . . INVESTIGATIVE DISCOVERY ONLY.
Bye Whitney. See you when I get there. kiss
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by utelee: 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2012
it is so pathetic dat d world have lost one of d greatest voice of all time.rest in peace DIVA.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by mukina2: 4:59pm On Feb 18, 2012
its about to start sad
Cnn Playing i'll always love you and showing pictures of whitney
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by mukina2: 5:01pm On Feb 18, 2012
New hope Baptist Church New Jersey
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by 27naira(m): 5:04pm On Feb 18, 2012
She was a sacrificial lamb.

"Commercialize every thing. squeeze the juice outta her everything" so says the corporation

Just like Michael, celebrities brings in more money dead than alive.
Her archaic albums now cost more than my balls on itune. don't know what to say. Its all business right?  undecided
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by mukina2: 5:13pm On Feb 18, 2012
Pastor of another Baptist church and Dr Jesse Jackson talking
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Afam4eva(m): 5:30pm On Feb 18, 2012
Why do African Americans like Baptist church a lot?
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by willsman(m): 5:34pm On Feb 18, 2012
May her soul rest in perfect peace, Amen! Should she come back to this earth again according to some faith you know, then if she's being given 'gbaanaa' of any type to take, i believe she will not risk to take it regardless any situation. God gave her talent as a musician; her voice alone will not have second in this world; she made money from the entertainment world but she failed to position herself matrimonially before she could kick the bucket and presently there are single women in their millions are in her shoes on earth that are living the ways late Whitney.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by obowunmi(m): 5:35pm On Feb 18, 2012
Baptist churches had influential roles during slavery.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by slimyem: 5:50pm On Feb 18, 2012
goodnight Whitney!
I will always love you!
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by iKoksi(m): 6:10pm On Feb 18, 2012
How i wish she was the one leading the Choir now.
Its Sad, but i celebrate her Life, her Voice and Her Music.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by babsjnr(m): 6:16pm On Feb 18, 2012
Too many black choir just one white
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by babsjnr(m): 6:20pm On Feb 18, 2012
Too many black choir just one white. R.I.p whitney
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by pendo89(f): 6:28pm On Feb 18, 2012
watching it live right now.Oh lord the tears on her daughter's eyes just can't stop falling. Great choir .
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Ivynwa(f): 6:31pm On Feb 18, 2012
I can't believe that it is my Whitney girl in that casket o-o-o Jesus and that her song of hers that they are singing now that ends with Forever and ever, Forever and ever is giving me goose pimples. That leading lady singer sings like Whitney too. They are killing me with those songs OMG.
My girl is going home. Forever and ever, forever and ever---------Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
They are singing that song i love very much.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by seunlayi(m): 6:31pm On Feb 18, 2012
all stations are showing it live with only one camera. this is really special

1 Like

Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Ivynwa(f): 6:40pm On Feb 18, 2012
I can't imagine how that her daughter must be feeling right now being an only child and being that close to her.
The death of a mother hurts like crazy, it hurts so much that the heart feels like ripping apart.
and having her corpse beside you is the heaviest thing on the heart, it will want to heave you down.
Nothing hurts like it, I am not related to Whitney and I am hurting which makes me wonder how her own blood must be feeling.
May God strengthen her at this moment, Amen.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by pendo89(f): 6:44pm On Feb 18, 2012
^^If uv ever lost a loved one you will understand her pain.It 's beyond words esp now that its her mom. The pain will be greater after all this noise and after everybody has left for home.That's when it hits hard.
Oh Donnie Mc clurkin is killing it.Nway RIP.Its a stage of life.
I wonder what is going through Jesse Jackson's mind. He seems out of this world.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Ivynwa(f): 6:55pm On Feb 18, 2012
pendo89:

^^If uv ever lost a loved one you will understand her pain.It 's beyond words esp now that its her mom. The pain will be greater after all these noise and when everybody has left for home.That's when it hits hard.
Oh Donnie Mc clurkin is killing it.Nway RIP.Its a stage of life.
I wonder what is going through Jesse Jackson's mind. He seems out of this world.

Girl you are so right, Yes having loved ones around helps thru the pain at that burial stage. It all passed before my eyes like a movie and I awoke days after her burial staring at the bed she was laid in state in and wondering when we all went thru the motion of that burial. I guess that was when it dawned on me.
Nothing, nothing in this world hurts like that dear. Just slot in the video of that burial and I and my sister will start crying all over again and big girl like me will be crying and calling "My mother, my mother". Now I mustn't cry.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by pendo89(f): 7:00pm On Feb 18, 2012
Don't make me cry dear. I hv been there.Its well.
Lemmie listen to the winans my favorites

1 Like

Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by mukina2: 7:07pm On Feb 18, 2012
bebe winans nice song even though his voice was cracking a lot and he cried inbetween sad.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by tpia5: 7:09pm On Feb 18, 2012
so sad.

Commercialize every thing. squeeze the juice outta her everything" so says the corporation

Its all business right?

the price of fame.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by tlops(m): 7:09pm On Feb 18, 2012
Tyler Perry made a short sermon. Nothing could separate Whitney from the love of God no matter how low she went.Rom 8:35-39!
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 18, 2012
RIP cry
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by mukina2: 7:12pm On Feb 18, 2012
Kim Burrell singing now. ,
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by pendo89(f): 7:12pm On Feb 18, 2012
Wow short powerful sermon by TD Jakes. Love will last forever.Shes gone outwardly,
I love the joke by Bebe Winan.Light moment it was.
Can't wait to hear Jesse speak.He seems very deep in thought.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by mukina2: 7:17pm On Feb 18, 2012
Kevin Costner talking . . .
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by member67023: 7:22pm On Feb 18, 2012
^^^^is he cracking jokes? Cos they are LOL.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by mukina2: 7:24pm On Feb 18, 2012
he is talking of the memories he shared with whitney smiley

the similarities between them etc.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by pendo89(f): 7:27pm On Feb 18, 2012
lol kevin

wow Alicia Keys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okorocha, Uti Nwachukwu, CeeC Join Juremi NGO To Celebrate The Less Privileged / Banky West - "Haters Like To Talk About The Size Of My Head" / Photos: Singer, Waje Shares Cute Pics, Celebrates Easter In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.