Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,442 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN (18658 Views)

Olajumoke Orisaguna Featured On CNN (Photos&Video) / Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN / Charlyboy Pictured In Church During Father's Funeral Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Freesia(f): 11:48pm On Feb 18, 2012
cap28:

bobby had 3 kids from previous relationships when he married whitney.

@ at previous r/ships Oh boy !! This dude isn't even 40 yet and already has adult kids I'm taking Bobbi Kris is his youngest (who is 18)
He still hasn't grown up!! he still had to cause some commotion today of all days
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Ivynwa(f): 11:50pm On Feb 18, 2012
Freesia:

I wonder which is which Bathtub or pool ??
or do they mean a pool of water in the tub undecided
I'm confused sef grin

Read your post earlier, I'm sorry to hear about you mom,may she rest in peace

Oh dear, thanks very much.
Sometimes when you witness a funeral, it brings it all back.

Freesia:

@ at previous r/ships Oh boy !! This dude isn't even 40 yet and already has adult kids[b][/b] I'm taking Bobbi Kris is his youngest (who is 18)
He still hasn't grown up!! he still had to cause some commotion today of all days

Freesia free Bobby brown o-o Ojare, did he impregnate himself and make kids all by himself?
He did that with ladies who have the freedom of choice too.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by MissyB3(f): 11:51pm On Feb 18, 2012
I missed it. Is there any way I can watch it online now? Link, please.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Freesia(f): 11:53pm On Feb 18, 2012
Ivynwa:

Oh dear, thanks very much.
Sometimes when you witness a funeral, it brings it all back.

yeah it does,you take heart she is watching over you and your siblings all the time

Ivynwa:

Freesia free Bobby brown o-o Ojare, did he impregnate himself and make kids all by himself?
He did that with ladies who have the freedom of choice too.

Ehn you have a point there,but he should have done his own bit of protection too,but again they might have planned it too who knows
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 18, 2012
Missy_B:

I missed it. Is there any way I can watch it online now? Link, please.

It should be on youtube. Check it out.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by firmi(m): 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2012
ifysoft:

RIP Whitney,    Lesson learnt,  Drug Kills,   stay away from bad friends,     E-gbo is also a kind of DRUG,  So E-gbo Kills too,   BEWARE
,yes ooo! tell it 2 dem
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by MissyB3(f): 11:55pm On Feb 18, 2012
Aigbofa:

It should be on youtube. Check it out.
It's not (yet) available on youtube. sad
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Ivynwa(f): 11:55pm On Feb 18, 2012
Freesia:

yeah it does,you take heart she is watching over you and your siblings all the time

Amen! Thanks.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by babsjnr(m): 12:02am On Feb 19, 2012
Wtf is going on every saturday now lemar obika is dead too today popular nigerian british r&b singer
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Seamate(m): 12:06am On Feb 19, 2012
The world's gonna miss Whitney Houston. Please holla Michael Jackson when you get there!
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Freesia(f): 12:13am On Feb 19, 2012
babsjnr:

Wtf is going on every saturday now lemar obika is dead too today popular nigerian british r&b singer

What?? are you sure
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Ivynwa(f): 12:40am On Feb 19, 2012
Seamate:

The world's gonna miss Whitney Houston. Please holla Michael Jackson when you get there!

A bit funny, reminded me of a relative who on losing a family member was crying as the person was being buried and telling the dead person please greet this person and this person -o-o in the land of the dead and was tearfully listing names of people that should be greeted for her.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by narttis1: 12:51am On Feb 19, 2012
why is everybody blaming bobby brown?whitney was an adult,she knew what was right and what was wrong.she had a choice.i dont think an adult can be forced into drugs.its very sad she made the wrong choice.may her soul RIP
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by ideylaff: 12:55am On Feb 19, 2012
Yeye Man.

If he didn't introduce her to drugs, she would have still been alive.

Greedy and Arrogant Bastard

why do most people get this wrong Whitney (RIP) was into drugs b4 she met bobby
its open news. it only got worse with bobby also it takes 2 to tango hope we knpw that.

Bobby after the divorce fought his own demons but Whitney with all the folks around her allowed it to go further

if they valued her more alive Dem Ray J, Dionne Warwick and co and co cld have helped, she spent the last days of her life hanging around them lot.

Now everybody gather for Church when they could have tried more,

Hmmm That is life sha, Bobby has a blame but lets not put all of it on him,

Whitney had a second chance like MJ had but all we blame is the other party,
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Nobody: 1:19am On Feb 19, 2012
Cece Winnas, R.Kelly and Stevie Wonder did a very wonderful job!
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Koolking(m): 1:32am On Feb 19, 2012
U were an inspiration to millions including me. U'll be missed. Adieu whitney. May God ve mercy on u
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:35am On Feb 19, 2012
It was a beautiful service. No dry eyes in this house cry

RIP Whitney kiss
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Nobody: 2:55am On Feb 19, 2012
Rest In Peace, Whitney Houston.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by iykak47: 3:27am On Feb 19, 2012
ideylaff:

why do most people get this wrong Whitney (RIP) was into drugs b4 she met bobby
its open news. it only got worse with bobby also it takes 2 to tango hope we knpw that.

Bobby after the divorce fought his own demons but Whitney with all the folks around her allowed it to go further

if they valued her more alive Dem Ray J, Dionne Warwick and co and co cld have helped, she spent the last days of her life hanging around them lot.

Now everybody gather for Church when they could have tried more,

Hmmm That is life sha, Bobby has a blame but lets not put all of it on him,

Whitney had a second chance like MJ had but all we blame is the other party,

True talk brother. R.I.P Whitney.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by largie(f): 3:44am On Feb 19, 2012
Whitney's life was a miracle because as Tyler Perry said, she was not supposed to be able to talk let alone sing. God made it she could sing and her voice has been 'the voice'. In all things we all have a reason to praise God
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by ugotuf(m): 3:51am On Feb 19, 2012
what a sad end (R.I.P.) Whitney
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Meristem: 4:04am On Feb 19, 2012
From xmas to valentine, from halloween to new yam festival, its all about d commercialization of human existence. As we cant get enof of these stars we drive them to their early graves, the press feeds on their privacy while advertizers feed on their fame. sychiphants feed on their money. when they die judges feed on their autopsy report, arrrghhhh!
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by otokx(m): 4:06am On Feb 19, 2012
people should stop demonizing bobby brown.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Nobody: 5:07am On Feb 19, 2012
Ideylaff,ivynwa
Nice one.youre the only ones who have managed to use your brains to put up reasonable deductions
The other folks are yapping from their armpits.otokx, credit goes to you too
A lot of misinformation is being peddled here making Bobby seem like the devil.
If as the story goes ,Whitney allowed herself to be influenced by a younger person and a far lesser star, then she doesn't deserve the eulogies that we all are pouring on her because she would then appear to be a fake.
If however we are celebrating her life,warts and all, then I can understand why there is a live service in her honor.
As for the service,if it is true that Bobby was asked to move three times without having his access to his daughter, then it is wrong to expect him to stay after being humiliated.
@freesia,
Stop spewing the misinformation you learned under the hair dryer on a public forum.Bobby turned 43 on February 5.Also Bobbi Kristina is his fourth child but not his last.He has a son Cassius with his fiancée Alicia Etheredge who is almost 2,so you can see your claims are laced with falsehood.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by isalegan2: 5:26am On Feb 19, 2012
cap28:

bobby had 3 kids from previous relationships when he married whitney.

That sounds about right.  I think he had another baby after he and Whitney divorced.  Not sure if it's with the woman who's his fiance now.

Also, the girl pictured here (at the Wake) looks like his daughter that was featured in one of the episodes of their infamous reality show - there was a storyline about the 2 half-sisters hanging out together when Bobby tripped back home to Boston, if I remember correctly.

[img]http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.3540099.1329589240!/httpImage/image.JPG_gen/derivatives/display_600/image.JPG[/img]

Here's a nice moment with mother and child, from way back.  Bobbi Kristina looks so much like her dad. The nose, of course. 
Too bad the Wake turned out the way it did for Bobby Brown. Not a good way to end at all. 
I hope people will go easy on the guy and give him a fair shake.
[flash=580,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzgsaMNSYlE[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzgsaMNSYlE
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by MarcAnthon(m): 5:42am On Feb 19, 2012
Just watched in bits and pieces. . . had a day to forget

Goodnight Whitney. You'll be sorely missed.

For me there was Whitney, and then Celine Dion, then Mariah Carey and Toni Braxton in that order. No other female singer over the last two decades have come anywhere close to the talent of any of these four. It's really saddening that she died just before an attempt to put her career right again. But the memory of the good times stay with us. . .

[flash=420,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pze_mdbOK8[/flash]
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Nobody: 6:26am On Feb 19, 2012
Strong deep words Tyler Perry, Strong deep words.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 19, 2012
it's amazing how people know very little about Bobby Brown, the man had 3 kids before he married Whitney, and one after he divorced her. these first kids were part of their family for the best part of their 14yr marriage.

the family of WH are a bunch of hypocrites, the person closest to Bobby Kristina (that she will need the most right now) is her father, and they are trying their hardest to shield her from him. it even seems that she is already brainwashed well well. sadly with no strong foundations behind her, i can already see her downfall. WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!!
how can the family call themselves Christians?! all of them are talking about God, yet they are quick to forgive Whitney for all the shiit she's been doing up to her death, yet demonize BB like he is Lucifer himself. lol, what kind of one sided forgiveness is that?!

as for drugs, me too i thought Bobby Brown was the one who introduced Whitney to it, but a while back i talked to an industry heavy weight who was working on her tours in the late 80s/early 90s. this guy was also a close friend of her brother who was ALWAYS on tour, and was very close to Whitney. . . . . . . . . . .  and he was adamant that Whitney was doing drug (at least marijuana/coke) WELL BEFORE she met Bobby Brown.  BB was just the sparkle that made her indulge in it fully because he was also doing drugs when they first met. so its more like 2 junkies who found each other, and going on a 14yr drug fuelled bender.

this woman was a strong minded woman, we can ALL understand that nobody can make her do what she is not willing to do (ask anyone who worked with her till her last days on earth). so, that should be an indication of the person we are talking about here. . . . . . . . . . she was a woman that would do what SHE wanted, regardless of what anyone says, and nobody was able to get her off drugs/alcohol simply because thats what she wanted to do (and has been doing) for 20+ yrs.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:01am On Feb 19, 2012
Can this thread not be about drug use/drug rumors yada yada. It's about her life/talents/fans

Thanks

The "whitney is dead" thread has enough of that BS.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by edetcnn(m): 8:44am On Feb 19, 2012
A TRIBUTE TO WHITNEY AND FOR MYSELF, IF ONE DAY ,

If you have ever been in d grip of something that makes you relegate your humanity and mortality to the background for what on a clear eye day, you will characterize as momentary madness. Something that makes you feel ashamed of your maturity and Christianity moments after the flash of ecstasy clears; something that makes you shed secret tears and beg God every night to help save you from yourself; something that you seem to have no control over, drawing you, even when you know that each indulgence makes you despicable in the eyes of the public and brings you closer to your grave; You will know never to criticize Whitney Houston.

The Bible says it is not of him that willeth nor runeth but of the Lord that showeth mercy. If you have never lighted a cigarette, smoked a joint, sniffed a line, or stayed glued on the screen with your hands in your pants, I want you to go down on your knees after reading this and thank God for being merciful to you.

WE are doctors, pastors, true Christians, lawyers, superstars, high-IQ individuals but , God knows why we were caught up in what we are caught up in. I make no excuses. I hold no brief BUT I shed a tear for Whitney, and I have earned the right to call her by her first name.

I am a private individual so I can only imagine what pressure she must have felt, trying to keep up to the image of a public saint while struggling with the conscience of a private sinner. And you can't know this if you have never gone to church high and the pastor mentions your name at the altar as a paragon of virtue when you got a list of whores (literarily) in your phone book. Some people survive the same, or even more fatal wounds that others die of. Does it make the fallen lesser mortals or the survivors higher mortals. Indeed we can never know.

To those whose lives are pure enough to give them the power to condemned the fallen, especially those in the public eye, De gustibus non est disputandum. Do not condemn what you don't know!

Adieu Whitney! I will always remember you for your voice, and the joy that your music brought to us.

Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by MarcAnthon(m): 9:02am On Feb 19, 2012
edetcnn:

A TRIBUTE TO WHITNEY AND FOR MYSELF, IF ONE DAY ,

If you have ever been in d grip of something that makes you relegate your humanity and mortality to the background for what on a clear eye day, you will characterize as momentary madness. Something that makes you feel ashamed of your maturity and Christianity moments after the flash of ecstasy clears; something that makes you shed secret tears and beg God every night to help save you from yourself; something that you seem to have no control over, drawing you, even when you know that each indulgence makes you despicable in the eyes of the public and brings you closer to your grave; You will know never to criticize Whitney Houston.

The Bible says it is not of him that willeth nor runeth but of the Lord that showeth mercy. If you have never lighted a cigarette, smoked a joint, sniffed a line, or stayed glued on the screen with your hands in your pants, I want you to go down on your knees after reading this and thank God for being merciful to you.

WE are doctors, pastors, true Christians, lawyers, superstars, high-IQ individuals but , God knows why we were caught up in what we are caught up in. I make no excuses. I hold no brief BUT I shed a tear for Whitney, and I have earned the right to call her by her first name.

I am a private individual so I can only imagine what pressure she must have felt, trying to keep up to the image of a public saint while struggling with the conscience of a private sinner. And you can't know this if you have never gone to church high and the pastor mentions your name at the altar as a paragon of virtue when you got a list of whores (literarily) in your phone book. Some people survive the same, or even more fatal wounds that others die of. Does it make the fallen lesser mortals or the survivors higher mortals. Indeed we can never know.

To those whose lives are pure enough to give them the power to condemned the fallen, especially those in the public eye, De gustibus non est disputandum. Do not condemn what you don't know!

Adieu Whitney! I will always remember you for your voice, and the joy that your music brought to us.

Nice one man. We can only imagine the pressures these mortals face trying to keep up to such lofty ideals and expectations from the public all the while, like Kevin Costner said, wondering if they are good enough. It's unfair to be too hard on them.

My own memory of her is untainted though. It simply cannot be. I still get goose pimples listening to the sheer purity in her voice. . . I feel so sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: Singer, Waje Shares Cute Pics, Celebrates Easter In Style / Seyi Shay Dazzles In New Makeup Photos / BankyW And Wizkid May Part Ways - Global News Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.