Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,073 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN (18659 Views)

Olajumoke Orisaguna Featured On CNN (Photos&Video) / Popular Nigeria International Singer, Nneka, Blast Jonathan On CNN / Charlyboy Pictured In Church During Father's Funeral Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by OAM4J: 10:07pm On Feb 18, 2012
It was about Whitney not about Bobby Brown.

The least he could do was to bury his ego/pride and show some respect.

Am not too disappointed in him, I kind of expected the worse from him.

The Service was well organized. Kudos to the family.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by tlops(m): 10:09pm On Feb 18, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Was Bobby Brown at the service?
left!
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by mukina2: 10:09pm On Feb 18, 2012
OAM4J:

It was about Whitney not about Bobby Brown.

The least he could do was to bury his ego/pride and show some respect.

Am not too disappointed in him, I kind of expected the worse from him.

The Service was well organized. Kudos to the family.
i was actually hoping he could have done something commendable  sad
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 18, 2012
^^^
For where?? Just had to draw attention to himself.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by mukina2: 10:14pm On Feb 18, 2012
well now he has done more damage to his already bad name/image, and people will grow to hate him more, he messed up real bad
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by OAM4J: 10:15pm On Feb 18, 2012
hispinkolo:

^^^
For where?? Just had to draw attention to himself.

Bad attention for that matter, that even in her death and burial, he couldn't show enough respect.  Whatever honor left of him was just lost by the scene he created.

mukina2:

well now he has done more damage to his already bad name/image, and people will grow to hate him more, he messed up real bad

Good for him. Maybe he deserves it.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by fadaz(m): 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2012
The preacher's wife is gone over the bridge, NEVER to thread this path again. Only her actions here on earth would determine where she's resting yonder. May God help us all to make the right choices while we still can. RIP sweet lady.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 18, 2012
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by cap28: 10:20pm On Feb 18, 2012
Rev Al Sharpton said that he conducted himself with the utmost  respect and simply wanted to be there for his daughter -and to cherish the memories of his ex wife (whom he loved) apparently he left because there was no space for him and his entourage.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 18, 2012
^^
Well,his tweets insinuate another thing.Dunno how he could even be tweeting in church sef undecided
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by nduchucks: 10:24pm On Feb 18, 2012
Bobby Brown left Whitney Houston’s funeral at Newark, N.J.’s New Hope Baptist Church shortly after the service began.
In a statement put out by his representative, he explained,

“My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston.  We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions.

“I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move,” he said.

“Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events.

This was a day to honor Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how.”
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by mukina2: 10:26pm On Feb 18, 2012
cap28:

Rev Al Sharpton said that he conducted himself with the utmost  respect and simply wanted to be there for his daughter -and to cherish the memories of his ex wife (whom he loved) apparently he left because there was no space for him and his entourage.
when the CNN reporter asked him if he knew why bobby left or if he knew of the events that led to bobby leaving he said he didnt know.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 18, 2012
Nawaa for all these press statements oo!! Oga Bobby has come with his own.He's still asking why he was treated in a bad manner?okayy.

if his own account is true,that's really sad.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by cap28: 10:28pm On Feb 18, 2012
hmm - who do you believe? - definitely not the media who are always looking to blow things out of proportion.

maybe it was best that he left because i know seeing him would have upset whitney's family who have never forgiven him for what he did to their gem.

i know cissy, whitney's mum couldnt stand him.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by mukina2: 10:29pm On Feb 18, 2012
hispinkolo:

Nawaa for all these press statements oo!! Oga Bobby has come with his own.He's still asking why he was treated in a bad manner?okayy.

if his own account is true,that's really sad.

true that, we'll get to know the real thing soon enough i guess.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by vanitty: 10:30pm On Feb 18, 2012
Bobby Brown should go and siddon for corner. Who cares how he feels. If they tell you to move 100 times so what? Foolish man.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 18, 2012
@cap28
So True.The media can just take things and twist to unimaginable proportions.
But Al tweeted the thing naaa.Don't know why he's now saying somethingelse.Maybe amnesia.Guess he tweeted in excitement? undecided

Rev. Al Sharpton tweeted just moments ago, saying, "I am at Whitney's funeral. I spoke with Bobby Brown trying to calm him down and not distract from the services. Today is about Whitney!"

Culled from TMZ
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Freesia(f): 10:33pm On Feb 18, 2012
ndu_chucks:

“My children and I were invited to the funeral of my
My children are completely distraught over the events.

Hang on a minute did he say children?? thought they only have Bobbi Kris together?
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by OAM4J: 10:35pm On Feb 18, 2012
According to CNN, he claimed he and his entourage were moved 3 times and he was not allowed to speak with his daughter and for that he got upset and left.

All these notwithstanding he should have restrained himself as a mark of respect for Whitney
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 18, 2012
They were probably moving him cos no one wanted to see that his open teeth.How come people who introduce others to drugs live well past their prime while their inductees normally die early??

@Freesia
His PR said children oooo(probably his kids from other women).I don't know if he doesn't understand the animosity the Houston family feel toward him.He should have come alone,why bring his brood?Were they close to her or what?
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by holawhorl: 10:37pm On Feb 18, 2012
gud nite.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Harbb: 10:41pm On Feb 18, 2012
rip wh
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by sylve11: 10:42pm On Feb 18, 2012
pendo89:

Mukina,did Jesse speak in the service? maybe I missed.He seemed deep in thought and kinda bored

Now this bobby.I mean whos day was it? Throwing tantrums? angry why didn't he just observe protocol and accord the woman respect in her death! angry angry

The 9 people should have stood with the nurses!! There were people standing after all.

Bobbi is an arrogant man, not today . . ,

Whitney raised my cap for you!

The best African?American Artist of all time!

R.I.P! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cool
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Freesia(f): 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2012
hispinkolo:

@Freesia
His PR said children oooo(probably his kids from other women).I don't know if he doesn't understand the animosity the Houston family feel toward him.He should have come alone,why bring his brood?Were they close to her or what?

Can you imagine!!
I always found him to be so arrogant,
He should be glad that his ex mother in law was okay with his presence at the church at all
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by mukina2: 10:44pm On Feb 18, 2012
pendo89:

Mukina,did Jesse speak in the service? maybe I missed.He seemed deep in thought and kinda bored

Now this bobby.I mean whos day was it? Throwing tantrums? angry why didn't he just observe protocol and accord the woman respect in her death! angry angry

The 9 people should have stood with the nurses!! There were people standing after all.
sorry dear just seeing this.

No he didnt speak at all oh, he was talking to CNN reporter after the service.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by mukina2: 10:45pm On Feb 18, 2012
hispinkolo:

They were probably moving him cos no one wanted to see that his open teeth.How come people who introduce others to drugs live well past their prime while their inductees normally die early??

@Freesia
he get liver sha, these people cannot stand you, it was in his own best interest to behave. and keep quiet in one corner , must he make it about himself?
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Ivynwa(f): 10:47pm On Feb 18, 2012
However much people blame her ex-husband, Whitney is/was an adult. She chose to marry Bobby herself. If in the course of the marriage Bobby asked her to do stuff, she had the ability to say no but did not so don't blame him too much. They were living in the complicated woozy world of stardom then.

All the details of her death is confusing, i heard a part that said that she was discovered in the swimming pool of the Beverly hotel and another detail that said that she was discovered in the bathtub of her room in the hotel. Autopsy said that she died of drug mix up with Alcohol and not from drowning. Saying more that she died before getting submerged in the water, that had me feeling that there is foul play if she died from drug mix up before getting into the water. A dead Whitney cannot submerge herself into a water filled bath tub. It was confusing.

I truly don't like those pictures circulating in the web on her last days at a party with Kelly Price, her looks and poses in those pictures did not look good at all. Poor darling. Adieu.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Freesia(f): 10:49pm On Feb 18, 2012
Ivynwa:

All the details of her death is confusing, i heard a part that said that she was discovered in the swimming pool of the Beverly hotel and another detail that said that she was discovered in the bathtub of her room in the hotel. Autopsy said that she died of drug mix up with Alcohol and not from drowning. Saying more that she died before getting submerged in the water, that had me feeling that there is foul play if she died from drug mix up before getting into the water. A dead Whitney cannot submerge herself into a water filled bath tub. It was confusing.

I wonder which is which Bathtub or pool ??
or do they mean a pool of water in the tub undecided
I'm confused sef grin

Read your post earlier, I'm sorry to hear about you mom,may she rest in peace
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by cap28: 11:17pm On Feb 18, 2012
Freesia:

Hang on a minute did he say children?? thought they only have Bobby Kris together?

bobby had 3 kids from previous relationships when he married whitney.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by kizito96(m): 11:28pm On Feb 18, 2012
It was well deserving of an Icon
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 18, 2012
Bobby Brown is a self absorbed loser. No matter where he was seated, he should have given his last respect to a woman he claimed to have loved. Everything should not always be about him.
Re: Whitney Houston’s Funeral Service To Be Streamed Live At 5pm On CNN by ifysoft: 11:44pm On Feb 18, 2012
RIP Whitney, Lesson learnt, Drug Kills, stay away from bad friends, E-gbo is also a kind of DRUG, So E-gbo Kills too, BEWARE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: Singer, Waje Shares Cute Pics, Celebrates Easter In Style / Seyi Shay Dazzles In New Makeup Photos / BankyW And Wizkid May Part Ways - Global News Magazine

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50