Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,034 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary (5184 Views)

8 Important Things That Sustain A Successful Marriage / Is It Wrong To Mary 2 Wifes As An African? Or Rather Divorce & Marry Another / If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by nzeka: 11:26am On Feb 23, 2012
i am 33yrs but i hv seen the girl that i wants to mary she is 26yrs but my take home pay is 40k.i am currently workin with with my state govt.both my girl and i are graduates .

1 Like

Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by tellwisdom: 11:28am On Feb 23, 2012
Mbanuuuuu angry angry. Wey dis our modern ojukokoro girls dey use fone worth of 90k sad sad
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by MrsChima1(f): 11:30am On Feb 23, 2012
Why are you asking us? You should know if you can support a family or not. Many of us will not help you financially so it is not up to us.

Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by egbeman1: 11:31am On Feb 23, 2012
If she's working too den i guess u can go ahead.Their re people dat earn 30k and stil survive wit wife and children.because only God knows how long it wil take u to even get a better job,considering the unemployment situation of the country.Just pray over it and take the bold step.
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by Idowuogbo(f): 11:32am On Feb 23, 2012
Come again

Are u ok?

Na puff puff and purewater guest  wan chop?

Dude like seriously don't make urself uncomfortable bcus u wan marry by force.
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 23, 2012
tellwisdom:

Mbanuuuuu angry angry. Wey dis our modern ojukokoro girls dey use fone worth of 90k sad sad

Nnayi, thread neva start you wan use laugh kill me! choi!

1 Like

Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by Killz3(m): 11:46am On Feb 23, 2012
[size=48pt]NO! wink[/size]
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by Killz3(m): 11:50am On Feb 23, 2012
Anybody that says yes is lying to you. . . wink
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by tellwisdom: 11:53am On Feb 23, 2012
We don hear. idiottt angry angry
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by Honeycity(f): 11:53am On Feb 23, 2012
it all boils down to where you reside, places like Lagos or abuja  im afraid 40k might not  be enough 2 sustain  you for a month
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by MrsChima1(f): 12:00pm On Feb 23, 2012
~Killz~:

Anybody that says yes is lying to you. . . wink

Yes. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by tellwisdom: 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2012
it all boils down to where you reside, places like Lagos or abuja im afraid 40k might not be enough 2 sustain you for a month

Oshogbo nko?? akure?? ilesha?? Jos?? Na 1naira dem dey sell food for there??
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by dwise88(m): 12:11pm On Feb 23, 2012
Brother if d 40k is ur monthly pay, i think u are gud to go because d ultimate measure of a man is not during confort or convinced but during challenges and controversy. I knw u are a man but u are not getting any younger.
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by Killz3(m): 12:13pm On Feb 23, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Yes.   tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
OP, RUN!
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2012
nzeka:

i  am  33yrs but i hv seen the girl that i wants to mary she is 26yrs but my take home pay is 40k.i am currently workin with with my state govt.both my girl and i are graduates .

Don't even think of getting married. It's bad enuff that your take home pay is 40k, it's even worse now that you work for the state govt (civil servants are hardly paid on time).

Except offcourse, you plan on getting married and living in a free house, no kids, no fun, no car.

Am not an advocate of poverty, and won't endorse it for anybody, whether married or single.
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by Killz3(m): 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2012
Honeycity:

it all boils down to where you reside, places like Lagos or abuja  im afraid 40k might not  be enough 2 sustain  you for a month
Actually, Lagos is the cheapest place to live in. But even at that, building a family on a foundation of 40k is like committing suicide. Times are getting harder. Now, if her salary is also 40k and she is willing to combine(she should be) then 80k will take them places. On 40k alone? Count me the hell out! wink
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by MrsChima1(f): 12:24pm On Feb 23, 2012
~Killz~:

Actually, Lagos is the cheapest place to live in. But even at that, building a family on a foundation of 40k is like committing suicide. Times are getting harder. Now, if her salary is also 40k and she is willing to combine(she should be) then 80k will take them places. On 40k alone? Count me the hell out! wink

Lagos housing may be cheap, but their hotels aren't!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

One guy tried to sell us some yellow holy water. angry angry angry
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by tellwisdom: 12:27pm On Feb 23, 2012
mshew chima, aint it time for bed? im on boxers now. come over angry angry
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by MrsChima1(f): 12:28pm On Feb 23, 2012
tellwisdom:

mshew chima, aint it time for bed? im on boxers now. come over angry angry

It is time for you to suck my whole nut and choke on it. wink
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by Killz3(m): 12:29pm On Feb 23, 2012
dwise88:

Brother if d 40k is ur monthly pay, i think u are gud to go because d ultimate measure of a man is not during confort or convinced but during challenges and controversy. I knw u are a man but u are not getting any younger.
He is not good to go! No one should get married because of undue pressure. If he's not getting younger, so what? Should he get married and start manufacturing kids on a 40k salary? Will you be there when he falls into the deep sh[i]i[/i]t? The ultimate measure of a man is maturity. Maturity to know that it is foolishness to start what you cannot finish. Maturity to realize that it is calamitous to get married on a 40k salary and expect a miracle. If it was 4 years ago in 2008, i would have said give it a shot. But in 2012? Hell to the power of NO! wink
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by Honeycity(f): 12:32pm On Feb 23, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Lagos housing may be cheap, but their hotels aren't!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

One guy tried to sell us some yellow holy water. angry angry angry
accomodation in lagos is not cheap unless you are talking about places like Makoko and d rest
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by Killz3(m): 12:33pm On Feb 23, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Lagos housing may be cheap, but their hotels aren't!!!!   angry angry angry angry angry angry

One guy tried to sell us some yellow holy water.   angry angry angry
LMAO @ yellow holy water. grin What tha hell is that?
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by pendo89(f): 12:37pm On Feb 23, 2012
Am sorry but I really don't understand this.Are we in short saying that only the financially able should marry? Is that the trend now?
And no please do not misquote me.If the guy was jobless I would have said 'pause'.But hes got something small and they are both graduates meaning they got something to count on for a brighter future.
I hate poverty but c'mmon if we all wait to get it all together so as to move on to the next phase of life we are gonna get stuck cz things ain't getting better but worse. One must learn to live and survive with the little they got BUT aim for more.
I think they can marry.The only thing they can put on hold is babies.
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 23, 2012
pendo89:

Am sorry but I really don't understand this.Are we in short saying that only the financially able should marry? Is that the trend now?
And no please do not misquote me.If the guy was jobless I would have said 'pause'.But hes got something small and they are both graduates meaning they got something to count on for a brighter future.
I hate poverty but c'mmon if we all wait to get it all together so as to move on to the next phase of life we are gonna get stuck cz things ain't getting better but worse. One must learn to live and survive with the little they got BUT aim for more.
[b]I think they can marry.[/b]The only thing they can put on hold is babies.

No, they can't and shouldn't. They will find it pretty hard to make both ends meet. He should wait for her to get a job, and then, together, they can start planning on getting married. But certainly not before.
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by MrsChima1(f): 12:44pm On Feb 23, 2012
~Killz~:

LMAO @ yellow holy water. grin What tha hell is that?

Beats me. He said it has divine powers. lipsrsealed
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by MrsChima1(f): 12:46pm On Feb 23, 2012
Honeycity:

accomodation in lagos is not cheap unless you are talking about places like Makoko and d rest

The hotel in Victoria was HIGH AS HELL.   angry angry angry we even stayed with some friends near Babcock University as well. They even told me I couldn't eat meat. I almost fainted.
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by Killz3(m): 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2012
pendo89:

I think they can marry.The only thing they can put on hold is babies.

Pendo, how about you do some calculations from over there! 1 us dollar = 165 Naira. (convert to your currency)
If the lady is employed as well, by all means, let them get married. (he did not mention if she was) I'm assuming she is jobless at the moment. Now, let's say they get married(not talking of a wedding, that's another expense to consider) at the court, and on an allowance of 40k monthly. That's about 1,350 Naira apportioned to a day.

They'll feed, He'll transport himself to work and back, they buy basic amenities, pay bills, accommodation bills, phone bills, and he is expected to have savings for the rainy day? I mean, c'mon!

1,350 a day for 2 humans? Damn!
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by MrsChima1(f): 12:51pm On Feb 23, 2012
~Killz~:

Pendo, how about you do some calculations from over there! 1 us dollar = 165 Naira. (convert to your currency)
If the lady is employed as well, by all means, let them get married. (he did not mention if she was) I'm assuming she is jobless at the moment. Now, let's say they get married(not talking of a wedding, that's another expense to consider) at the court, and on an allowance of 40k monthly. That's about 1,350 Naira apportioned to a day.

They'll feed, He'll transport himself to work and back, they buy basic amenities, pay bills, accommodation bills, phone bills, and he is expected to have savings for the rainy day? I mean, c'mon!

1,350 a day for 2 humans? Damn!

If they get married, they are more likely to have children unless the wife has effective birth control.

1, 350 for three people is poverty.
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by pendo89(f): 12:56pm On Feb 23, 2012
DaShyGuy:

No, they can't and shouldn't.  They will find it pretty hard to make both ends meet. He should wait for her to get a job, and then, together, they can start planning on getting married. But certainly not before.

And how will that improve their love life? Is it the ticket to happiness in marriage? Comfort yes,happiness no.
Do you know what may transpire in between as they continue to wait for God knows what? What if a moneyed guy comes along and takes his love?
grin grin
Now given the choice btwn comfort and peace plus love what would you go for? The guy has something at least.They can live within their means and reduce all costs.I swear theirs a Love that makes people sleep on rocks without pain. Do slum dwellers marry? should we prohibit them from marrying till conditions dictate? Whose fault is it? Wait a second.Must we wait for the favourable conditions to move on with life?
Guess what I would say,Yes,But I don't think so because life goes on, while conditions remain stagnant and probably get worse with time. Humans must learn to exist in all conditions.
Lets see. Suppose they have good jobs,marry and lose the jobs? should they divorce cz things are just bad and they have become a burden to the society?

@killz usd 242 is lil but pliiz!

Some excesses are done away with. Look here if these two must marry they must tighten their belts completely and do away with some few luxuries for a while. eg
No salon/barber shop,eat cheap,no fancy dressings,etc
I dont know how cheap accomodation is but if the money can pay for the cheapest accomodation and necessary bills then they have a foundation. They don't need to use electricity if they cannot afford!

Gosh am I promoting poverty or general welfare cz I sound funny but true. Ok lets just stop assuming that things wont get any better for them if they marry?

1 Like

Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by Killz3(m): 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

If they get married, they are more likely to have children unless the wife has effective birth control.  

1, 350 for three people is poverty.  
In lagos currently 1,350 for two people is POVERTY in emboldened capital letters! Well i just realized he did not mention his state, and how much he spends a day. . . If he is that desperate to get married on 1,350, they should be ready to go on a ration. ( 011 ,101 ,110) Where "0" represents "No food" in the morning, afternoon, night!
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by tellwisdom: 1:01pm On Feb 23, 2012
It is time for you to suck my whole nut and choke on it. wink

Its high time you stop swallowing excess of chloroquine angry angry
Re: Plz Frnds I Need Ur Advice Can 40k Sustain A Family Jst Wants To Mary by dabrake(m): 1:09pm On Feb 23, 2012
oga, except you stay in jos 'cause even me, despite being young and being a bachelor, i get N90k monthly and it's never enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Most Embarassing Moment... / I Am In A State Of Dilemma- Should I Give My Boyfriend A Phone? / Crazy Things Boys Do For Pussy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.