Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1037) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4429853 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by multibalotel: 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2020
Dis last few pages nah oga Emma nd Pm dey battle am ... Oga Emma dey share money for pm?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2020
rationalmind:

Except you are very good with technical analysis and you know when to jump out, do not go near stocks when prices are rising.

Too many sharks out there waiting for who to dump on. Even Emma the major proponent of Zenith and its DY will not buy it at the current price.

I don talk my own. What is it they say about experience being the best teacher?

Very correct, that was my mistake in those days! There is a colleague of mine who bought oando then when it was rising, he bought it at 10 naira only for the stock to reverse and later sold it for 5 naira

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jossy26: 3:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
aremso:

Bought at dividend yield of 13.40% sitting on profit of 12.48% of my investment less than a month
You mean paper profit...like someone said earlier dont rush into NSE its somewhat similar to playing gamble. Oga Emma has been in NSE for donkey years, been silently following him when he was using manie...

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 3:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
jossy26:

You mean paper profit...like someone said earlier dont rush into NSE its somewhat similar to playing gamble. Oga Emma has been in NSE for donkey years, been silently following him when he was using manie...

yea i love the gamble very much infact, it flows in my blood in as much is my money, i will continue to play it.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 07, 2020
aremso:

Very correct, that was my mistake in those days! There is a colleague of mine who bought oando then when it was rising, he bought it at 10 naira only for the stock to reverse and later sold it for 5 naira

Exactly. I have missed this current Zenith rally already so na to siddon dey look. When the time is right, the price will revert to my junction. And if it doesn't, there are many other fishes in the ocean.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 3:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
Oga Ahib, na you buy this truck?

https://www.nairaland.com/5604090/iveco-truck-2011-model-tokunbo
ahiboilandgas:
Telll emefele i don invest in the real economy make him raise t.b rates ,welder ,tyre man ,service oil ,license office painting man don benefit

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2020
I dey fear shares ....my bank phb shares bought around 2007 vamosed

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 3:23pm On Jan 07, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
I dey fear shares ....my bank phb shares bought around 2007 vamosed

PHB, OCEANIC AND INTERCONTINENTAL BANK all gone. Then i started checking those things i was not checking, stopped to listen to my brokers and read more. I later went back after i ran away

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:34pm On Jan 07, 2020
rationalmind:

Exactly. I have missed this current Zenith rally already so na to siddon dey look. When the time is right, the price will revert to my junction. And if it doesn't, there are many other fishes in the ocean.

Why didn't you buy at N16 in October when you know that by March you will receive a final dividend of N2.50k in March which is different from the interim dividend of 30k paid in September. Making a total dividend of N2.80k on a N16.00 share

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 07, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Why didn't you buy at N16 in October when you know that by March you will receive a final dividend of N2.50k in March which is different from the interim dividend of 30k paid in September. Making a total dividend of N2.80k on a N16.00 share

I was this close to buying but I thought I'll get it at a slightly lower price. You know how these things work, the lower the better.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:21pm On Jan 07, 2020
rationalmind:

I was this close to buying but I thought I'll get it at a slightly lower price. You know how these things work, the lower the better.

The lower the price the higher the dividend yield

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ndidigood(f): 4:47pm On Jan 07, 2020
aremso:

yea i love the gamble very much infact, it flows in my blood in as much is my money, i will continue to play it.
Mr.Aremso happy new year
This time l de ur back.
The game is sweet if UA patient/.focused

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ndidigood(f): 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2020
aremso:

PHB, OCEANIC AND INTERCONTINENTAL BANK all gone. Then i started checking those things i was not checking, stopped to listen to my brokers and read more. I later went back after i ran away
l do homework on every stock l intend to buy.I mean serious work.l have 2 big note book for stock and d best part is trading by ursef.
Stock trading is the only sin l commit.and the game l love playing

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

The lower the price the higher thedividend yield

If I bought below N16, I would have sold today at N21. Dividend came early niyen grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ndidigood(f): 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2020
multibalotel:
Dis last few pages nah oga Emma nd Pm dey battle am ... Oga Emma dey share money for pm?
Lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2020
rationalmind:

If I bought below N16, I would have sold today at N21. Dividend came early niyen grin

Good for you, it was marked down last year for dividend payment at N24 and history repeats itself.
At N24 the dividend yield is still higher than 10%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You must be enjoying the performance by Zenith bank dividend yield just fell to 12.5% in 3 months for those who bought yesterday at N20, you bought at N16 when the dividend yield was 15.5%.

Oga is so sweet and I accumulated enough units.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by temi4fash(m): 5:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Good for you, it was marked down last year for dividend payment at N24 and history repeats itself.
At N24 the dividend yield is still higher than 10%

Hello Sir,

Many thanks for what you do for all of us.

Please how do I start and learn in the school of stocks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
needful:

Oga is so sweet and I accumulated enough units.

If we are open to new ideas, cross fertilise ideas with genuine and forward thinking people. Get the necessary information and knowledge, I think there are endless opportunities in the Nigerian Investment terrain.

While some of us are lamenting the Indians, Lebanese, Chinese, South Africans are making a kill in our economy.

Recently developed interest and learning about the agricultural sector,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 6:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

If we are open to new ideas, cross fertilise ideas with genuine and forward thinking people. Get the necessary information and knowledge, I think there are endless opportunities in the Nigerian Investment terrain.

While some of us are lamenting the Indians, Lebanese, Chinese, South Africans are making a kill in our economy.

Recently developed interest and learning about the agricultural sector,

My name na follow follow ooooo, I go dey follow u for back Sir.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
Treasury bill for January is 2 percent..where else can we invest? Guarantee of capital like Treasury Bill
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
Gforce2015:
Treasury bill for January is 2 percent..where else can we invest? Guarantee of capital like Treasury Bill

Come to investment one and invest in vantage guaranteed income fund VGIF 11.11% or Abacus money market fund AMMF. Check my signature for link to open account online

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MummyIMadeIt: 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2020
Gforce2015:

Haba which kind talk is this talking u are talking here about 2%...Are you for real and which bank?

Meanwhile anyone with what the recent TB rate will be like this year
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2020
emmasoft:

Come to investment one and invest in vantage guaranteed income fund VGIF 11.11% or Abacus money market fund AMMF. Check my signature for link to open account online
How long does it take to open account with investment one? I used your link but I have not gotten any response from investment one since last week.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:18pm On Jan 07, 2020
IamR:

How long does it take to open account with investment one? I used your link but I have not gotten any response from investment one since last week.
24hrs in a business day. When u Completed d form u suppose to receive a mail instantly to acknowledge it. Did u get that? Call or send whatsapp message check my signature for my number

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 8:30pm On Jan 07, 2020
emmasoft:

24hrs in a business day. When u Completed d form u suppose to receive a mail instantly to acknowledge it. Did u get that? Call or send whatsapp message check my signature for my number
Ye, I got it immediately I submitted the form.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
IamR:

Ye, I got it immediately I submitted the form.
Call 08181057319 now for more specifics or give me your contact I will call you. It's something that can be resolved cos it's unusual except there is kyc issues
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cirtapoyat: 10:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

The liquidity status given by CBN shows that there is no risk, even Osun State bond performed. There is an irrevocable order which corporate lawyers to the bond must have secured that will mandate the accountant general of the federation to debit the payment at the source, it is what is left after the deduction that the state government can spend. Lagos State government even went a step further by creating a sinking fund for the bond.

With the order given to the accountant general of the federation the bond repayment and coupon MUST be paid before the state pays salaries, build hospitals and schools, repair roads and other expenses of the state government.

Lagos State has a budget of over N1 Trillion and the current is about N100 which is 10% of the budget.

Better to buy in the primary market than to buy at a premium in the secondary market.

I'm impressed by your quality contributions to this thread. I had been a visitor on Nairaland for upward of six years. I registered because I can relate to the discussions going on here. Kudos to others who have also kept this thread alive. Having lost a fortune in stocks I had vowed not to have anything to do with it again until I started to read interesting perspectives to it here though that hasn't made me change my mind. I have some tidy investment in treasury bills. Some have matured while some are still running. I'm looking at the money in my account without knowing what to do. I once 'enjoyed' TB at 18.5%. I guess it's time to do something else. I'm thinking of contract financing(I will need to learn the rope). My major fear is loss in value of this money. To the person who thought some people just come here to brag with figures he/she shouldn't measure others by his/her financial positions.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
ndidigood:
l do homework on every stock l intend to buy.I mean serious work.l have 2 big note book for stock and d best part is trading by ursef.
Stock trading is the only sin l commit.and the game l love playing

Once your able to do personal due diligence and buy a good stock.....your in for goodies.

The problem is making a good due diligence takes time and energy in taking the final action.

Just remembered my Dangflour bought at N4 and sold at N17 within 3 years of holding. .......all thanks to oga Bigjay in encouraging us to buy it then.

Enough good dividend payments from UBA and ZENITH has been awesome for the past decade. ....hoping for more good timeout this new decade we just started.

However multiple sources of income is very good to remain resilient in time of bear period in nse.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
To those starting small.....always know that most of our ogas here started small too .

You will soon be there if you remain focus in your investment goals.....SLOW AND STEADY INVESTMENTS WIN THE RACE.

Stock trading nowadays is better now with the use of real time online trading account with stockbrokers like Morgan Capital roup and other good brokers in the Nse unlike before where analog brokers deal with us as they like. .

....now I can trade real time in the floor of the NSE anytime I want once market opens.. ...quite exciting and fun too....while making good profit without stress once you master the market

.....it stills baffles me why some people and close friends are still afraid of stocks investment despite educating them on the new and current trading pattern .....maybe from previous bad experience. ...

However, most of us lost funds during that time too but with resilience and information available now, we are making good profit from the exchange now.

It's just having time to study the market and get relevant information in this forum and the NSEPA forum all in this nairaland.

May year 2020 and this new decade be a more fruitful and more financial knowledge for all of us to grow our funds .
Amen.

Cheers! !

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2020
ukay2:
To those starting small.....always know that most of our ogas here started small too .

You will soon be there if you remain focus in your investment goals.....SLOW AND STEADY INVESTMENTS WIN THE RACE.

Stock trading nowadays is better now with the use of real time online trading account with stockbrokers like Morgan Capital roup and other good brokers in the Nse unlike before where analog brokers deal with us as they like. .

....now I can trade real time in the floor of the NSE anytime I want once market opens.. ...quite exciting and fun too....while making good profit without stress once you master the market

.....it stills baffles me why some people and close friends are still afraid of stocks investment despite educating them on the new and current trading pattern .....maybe from previous bad experience. ...

However, most of us lost funds during that time too but with resilience and information available now, we are making good profit from the exchange now.

It's just having time to study the market and get relevant information in this forum and the NSEPA forum all in this nairaland.

May year 2020 and this new decade be a more fruitful and more financial knowledge for all of us to grow our funds .
Amen.

Cheers! !

What do you think of this new trading apps

Trove, you have access to us stocks there but I don't see most of the stock guys talking about it.

Another one is investnow.ng , they have a plethora of funds along with stock trading

(1) (2) (3) ... (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.