Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1038) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4449420 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) ... (2230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zohan101: 11:58pm On Jan 07, 2020
grin cheesy..I likd you jare..You sabi follos who know road

needful:

My name na follow follow ooooo, I go dey follow u for back Sir.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 12:21am On Jan 08, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

What do you think of this new trading apps

Trove, you have access to us stocks there but I don't see most of the stock guys talking about it.

Another one is investnow.ng , they have a plethora of funds along with stock trading

Thank you for this relevant and timely information
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 12:34am On Jan 08, 2020
ukay2:
To those starting small.....always know that most of our ogas here started small too .

You will soon be there if you remain focus in your investment goals.....SLOW AND STEADY INVESTMENTS WIN THE RACE.

Stock trading nowadays is better now with the use of real time online trading account with stockbrokers like Morgan Capital roup and other good brokers in the Nse unlike before where analog brokers deal with us as they like. .

....now I can trade real time in the floor of the NSE anytime I want once market opens.. ...quite exciting and fun too....while making good profit without stress once you master the market

.....it stills baffles me why some people and close friends are still afraid of stocks investment despite educating them on the new and current trading pattern .....maybe from previous bad experience. ...

However, most of us lost funds during that time too but with resilience and information available now, we are making good profit from the exchange now.

It's just having time to study the market and get relevant information in this forum and the NSEPA forum all in this nairaland.

May year 2020 and this new decade be a more fruitful and more financial knowledge for all of us to grow our funds .
Amen.

Cheers! !

Please what are the new pattern, can you educate us, I just opened an account with investnow.ng they are sooo impressive
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 12:49am On Jan 08, 2020
richforever123:

Please what are the new pattern, can you educate us, I just opened an account with investnow.ng they are sooo impressive

I don't know about the investnow.ng platform, but if it's a real time trading broker where you can buy stocks yourself per seconds without delays and their buy and sell commissions are low, it's good.

I use Morgan capital broker and investment one broker.

But Morgan is more flexible, real time trading and cheaper commissions.

I got frustrated with investment one broker by not using online real time trading platform before moving to Morgan Capital Stockbroker. And since then, life has been sweet.

Also, for those dividend paying stocksyou purchase , get e-dividend mandate from their respective registrars so that your dividend will be paid on the scheduled payment date by the registrars.

Don't forget to be in the Nigeria Stock Exchange Market Pick Alert forum in this nairaland and ask any questions you do not understand. Many members here are in that forum.

Cheers! !

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 08, 2020
ukay2:

I don't know about the investnow.ng platform, but if it's a real time trading broker where you can buy stocks yourself per seconds without delays and their buy and sell commissions are low, it's good.

I got frustrated with investment one broker by not using online real time trading platform before moving to Morgan Capital Stockbroker. And since then, life has been sweet.

Also, for those dividend paying stocksyou purchase , get e-dividend mandate from their respective registrars so that your dividend will be paid on the scheduled payment date by the registrars.

Don't forget to be in the Nigeria Stock Exchange Market Pick Alert forum in this nairaland and ask any questions you do not understand. Many members here are in that forum.

Cheers! !
Thanks, the stock guys are busy celebrating their zenith loot , they nor get time for we newbies.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:30am On Jan 08, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

What do you think of this new trading apps

Trove, you have access to us stocks there but I don't see most of the stock guys talking about it.

Another one is investnow.ng , they have a plethora of funds along with stock trading

Investnow.ng is the Investment trading app of United Capital
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ndidigood(f): 7:53am On Jan 08, 2020
ukay2:
To those starting small.....always know that most of our ogas here started small too .

You will soon be there if you remain focus in your investment goals.....SLOW AND STEADY INVESTMENTS WIN THE RACE.

Stock trading nowadays is better now with the use of real time online trading account with stockbrokers like Morgan Capital roup and other good brokers in the Nse unlike before where analog brokers deal with us as they like. .

....now I can trade real time in the floor of the NSE anytime I want once market opens.. ...quite exciting and fun too....while making good profit without stress once you master the market

.....it stills baffles me why some people and close friends are still afraid of stocks investment despite educating them on the new and current trading pattern .....maybe from previous bad experience. ...

However, most of us lost funds during that time too but with resilience and information available now, we are making good profit from the exchange now.

It's just having time to study the market and get relevant information in this forum and the NSEPA forum all in this nairaland.

May year 2020 and this new decade be a more fruitful and more financial knowledge for all of us to grow our funds .
Amen.

Cheers! !
if l no do stock, wetin l gode do?it is easier way of making money.
M just trying to adopt a good strategy.m getting it.trading myself is the best thing that happened in my investment life no stress, no wahala.
Stock trading is a legacy I will pass my to myboys.
I no fit shout.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:19am On Jan 08, 2020
ndidigood:
M just trying to adopt a good strategy.m getting it.trading myself is the best thing that happened in my investment life no stress, no wahala.
I no fit shout.

Better to be diversified by having multiple streams of income.

There is a popular saying on Wall Street that says " stocks make you rich but bond keeps you rich".

That is why Investments that give continuous residual income are very good eg real estate, dividend paying blue Chip stocks, bond, structured and well managed businesses.

My late grand mother died in 1997, but her property at Shipeolu St Shomolu Lagos still generates rental income of over N4 million, 23 years after her demise.

The rents collected are invested in stocks, bonds, money market funds,Invested in buying other properties, used to finance the post graduate studies of her grandchildren and equally created the seed capital which her grandchildren used in starting their businesses after graduation.

It is my prayer that we will also leave a lasting legacy for our loved ones and children.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 08, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 9:36am On Jan 08, 2020
ndidigood:
I no fit shout.

Same thing. .....it's a cool passive income without stress and quite interesting and fun.

Waiting for my boy and girl to grow to learn this trading and other forms of financial investment .....generational wealth.

Sadly , I was not thought this thing in all my education career but just developed interest.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 9:43am On Jan 08, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

There is a popular saying on Wall Street that says " stocks make you rich but bond keeps you rich".

That is why Investments that give continuous residual income are very good eg real estate, dividend paying blue Chip stocks, bond, structured and well managed businesses.

My late grand mother died in 1997, but her property at Shipeolu St Shomolu Lagos still generates rental income of over N4 million, 23 years after her demise.

The rents collected are invested in stocks, bonds, money market funds,Invested in buying other properties, used to finance the post graduate studies of her grandchildren and equally created the seed capital which her grandchildren used in starting their businesses after graduation.

It is my prayer that we will also leave a lasting legacy for our loved ones and children.

Quite revealing. ....generational wealth without stress.

I think Investment should be put in our educational curriculum for all disciplines.

Very sad seing my colleagues not knowing much in investments but are good in their career......struggling in finance is very sad.

Have told many of them some of the investment opportunities available and how to tap it. .....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:04am On Jan 08, 2020
ukay2:

Quite revealing. ....generational wealth without stress.

I think Investment should be put in our educational curriculum for all disciplines.

Very sad seing my colleagues not knowing much in investments but are good in their career......struggling in finance is very sad.

Have told many of them some of the investment opportunities available and how to tap it. .....

She was a retired Head Teacher, the founder of Leadway Assurance late Sir Hassan Odukale was her pupil at William Memorial Methodist Primary school Ebute Metta Lagos

Her children were successful professionals, the eldest son was a retired surveyor general in Lagos.
That helped in allowing the income generated from the inherited property to grow and multiply.

I believe that the income generated from inherited assets should not be for consumption but should be used for further Investments eg post graduate studies, seed capital to start a business etc

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:53am On Jan 08, 2020
Jejebabaa:

Oga Ukay2, I have PM you many times but you never replied.

Sorry Sir.

Just saw your PM.

Have replied you now.

Waits your response.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by incogni2o: 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
Pls when is TBills starting this year.

Also, What's the estimate that 3m will yeild in one Year.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mills55: 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Investnow.ng is the Investment trading app of United Capital

please Sir, what are requirements to open account with Morgan Capital? Is there any hidden charges on the account in case one didn't run the account for a period of time? Is my presence needed for the account to be opened? How does one fund and withdraw from the account? Please answers to this few questions will really go a long way in helping some of us here. Thanks in anticipation.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Trone: 1:29pm On Jan 08, 2020
ukay2:

Cheers! !
can I have the link?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 1:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
I am just opening one with them now without leaving my desk. Just find their site and register with a valid email and they will send the form to you which you can fill and scan back to them alongside the normal required kyc documents.
For me, I am waiting for further instructions from them.
Mills55:

please Sir, what are requirements to open account with Morgan Capital? Is there any hidden charges on the account in case one didn't run the account for a period of time? Is my presence needed for the account to be opened? How does one fund and withdraw from the account? Please answers to this few questions will really go a long way in helping some of us here. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 1:58pm On Jan 08, 2020
I settled for Morgan mostly because of itrade.

emmanuelewumi:

It is good to start small and grow. I started with just N5000 way back.

Investment One

Morgan Capital

The listed Stockbrokers will consider small Investors, with N20,000 you are good to go.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 2:11pm On Jan 08, 2020
Mills55:

Whether you run it or not there used to be yearly N2,500 account maintenance charge. Not sure if it is still there but I can't remember reading any news that it was removed.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
High school Biology taught me that organisms must adapt if they want to survive, without adaptation organisms will die and become extinct.

I also learnt that adaptation is the modification of response to changes in the environment. Adaptation allows the survival ,protection and continuity of life of the organisms

As investors and business people we all need to modify our response to changes in the Nigerian business and Investment terrain.
We need to adapt in order to survive, protect and have a generational transfer of our investments and wealth.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 2:15pm On Jan 08, 2020
Trone:
can I have the link?

morgancapitalgroup.com

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 2:16pm On Jan 08, 2020
I think the theory of adaptation is from one of the lesser known works of Charles Darwin.

Please, what is the process for transferring shares from a late parent to his offspring?

emmanuelewumi:
High school Biology taught me that organisms must adapt if they want to survive, without adaptation organisms will die and become extinct.

I also learnt that adaptation is the modification of response to changes in the environment. Adaptation allows the survival ,protection and continuity of life of the organisms

As investors and business people we all need to modify our response to changes in the Nigerian business and Investment terrain.
We need to adapt in order to survive, protect and have a generational transfer of our investments and wealth.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2020
ojesymsym:
I think the theory of adaptation is from one of the lesser known works of Charles Dickson Darwin.

Please, what is the process for transferring shares from a late parent to his offspring?

You wanted to type Darwin.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2020
ojesymsym:
I think the theory of adaptation is from one of the lesser known works of Charles Dickson.

Charles Darwin and not Dickson.

Talk to your stock brokers or visit the registrar
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
Yes please. Thanks.
IamR:

You wanted to type Darwin.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2020
Okay thanks. At least it's possible right.
emmanuelewumi:

Charles Darwin and not Dickson.

Talk to your stock brokers or visit the registrar
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2020
ojesymsym:
Okay thanks. At least it's possible right.

It is possible, are your parents still alive. If yes they will need their consent
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 2:41pm On Jan 08, 2020
Dad. Late. The man compiled everything inside envelope (cscs number etc), almost as if he was handing over.
emmanuelewumi:

It is possible, are your parents still alive. If yes they will need their consent
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
ojesymsym:
Dad. Late. The man compiled everything inside envelope (cscs number etc), almost as if he was handing over.

Handing over. ....Loooooool

Congratulations Sir.

Visit your stockbroker for guidance on how to dematerilize the shares
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:48pm On Jan 08, 2020
ojesymsym:

You will need a letter of administration if he did not write a will.

What is the value of the stock, Stockbrokers can help you with the paper and leg work at a fee.
Depending on the value of the investment. If the investment is huge like N100 million upward, they can charge you at 1% of the value.

But if there is a Will, the transfer will be easy and fast
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gokoyer0(m): 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2020
Anyone that knows why i-invest interest rate is very low these days? And when is the rate gonna pick up?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ndidigood(f): 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

l HV a biz,but trading is a side hussle.
Thanks so much for these writeup
UA investment personified.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) ... (2230) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: stephen13(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.