Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,699 members, 7,831,179 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1745) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4460461 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) (1746) (1747) (1748) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 4:36pm On Jan 27, 2021
Dear Esteemed Client,

In line with the National Pension Commission’s regulatory framework and regulation on the management of Retirement Savings Account (RSA) by Pension Fund Administrators (PFA), funds in RSA accounts are to be unitized. However, based on regular engagement with RSA contributors, we have observed that most contributors do not understand how this process and growth of funds are determined.

In view of the above, you are invited to this chat on “Valuation of Pension Assets and Returns” for in-depth insight and knowledge.

Please see details below:

Date: Thursday, January 28th, 2021

Time: 12 noon

Venue: Instagram @investmentonepension

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
other stations that brought at lower price will start despensing..he forced by market forces to sell at the new low rate ..and there no 900k any where ...he might be lucky to sell some few litres at big margin (20 ) but within hours marker will be flooded with the new lower rates and customer will abandon him ....if he remains stubborn and choose that he must sell at that margins then he smart by half cos he will need longer term to sell the 45000 litres inbetwen cost of sale will eat up the 900 k ..
Theoretically correct!

But you and I know that market doesn't easily get flooded with new lower rates as it does with new higher rates. Infact, sometimes govt have to force them.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:49pm On Jan 27, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Theoretically correct!

But you and I know that market doesn't easily get flooded with with new lower rates as it does with new higher rates. Infact, sometimes govt have to force them.
very easy since pmb came on board......no more subisdy fraud now na survival of the fitness.....fixed cost will not allow a station idle for long .....when station had other under G way of Making money they could afford to not sell anything for 6 months and smile to back ....Enyo will dont have ....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:56pm On Jan 27, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
very easy since pmb came on board......no more subisdy fraud now na survival of the fitness.....fixed cost will not allow a station idle for long .....when station had other under G way of Making money they could afford to not sell anything for 6 months and smile to back ....Enyo will dont have ....

Ardova the new owners of Forte Oil are planning to buy Enyo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:11pm On Jan 27, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I taught the owner of forte oil is prudent energy? Are they the same group?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:17pm On Jan 27, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

forte oil has the highest number of outlet in Nigeria a merger with Enyo will be Good .......a 206m people and 11m cars Nation with car as the main transport mean .....if they merge and have 700 stations that can sell 4000 litres daily x700 station that over a 1bn litres yearly......if net margin can be 5 naira....that p.a.t of 5bn naira naira from retail outside haulage income .....not bad ....even dangote refinery will partner with companies that can do this volume annually......or they face a hostile take over from Dangote at a handsome price ....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
I taught the owner of forte oil is prudent energy? Are they the same group?

Prudent Energy bought from Femi Otedola, but they renamed Forte Oil to Ardova Petroleum
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 7:06am On Jan 28, 2021
Has Anyone gotten alert from the FGN BOND JAN 2022 coupon payment due on 27 JAN?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:33pm On Jan 28, 2021
Rate going up ....mr cbn governor cannot create his own economic principle....interest rate and inflation go hand in hand ....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by BianuBianu: 7:15am On Jan 29, 2021
NL1960:

You mean if you transfer money from your GTB Current account to your GTB Savings account, COT will not be charged on the transaction?.

From my personal UBA current to savings, no COT is charged
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 7:57am On Jan 29, 2021
Do you know of the FGN BOND JAN 2022 coupon payment due on 27 JAN has been paid?
ukay2:

Quite good

Well done
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:55am On Jan 29, 2021
condomuser:
Do you know of the FGN BOND JAN 2022 coupon payment due on 27 JAN has been paid?

I don't know Sir...

Have you checked your account balance?

Have you been receiving coupons before now ?

Have you contacted your investment house about it?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 6:44pm On Jan 29, 2021
I received a coupon in July 2020, just wondering if anyone here has received coupon for the same Jan 2022 bond.

ukay2:

I don't know Sir...

Have you checked your account balance?

Have you been receiving coupons before now ?

Have you contacted your investment house about it?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 1:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
Put a span to Your Waiting

It’s obvious that January has just one more day to go in fact as per official working days for most corporate entities January ended already.
Have you been waiting to start saving and investing?
Wait no further you lost 30 days already, perhaps one of your resolutions was to start saving and investing this year 2021. This is the time to start because you are getting late; yes, did I hear you say haba it’s still January na? ok let me let you know that if you planned to save 1000 every day you have lost 30,000 already, if you have to make up for that you make extra sacrifices to meet up your target. Do you know if you planned to buy zenith bank shares as we started this year you will have to spend extra 4,000 or more if you are buying it now? If you just kept that money laying down fallow without investing it at least in a mutual fund it would have depreciated by at least 1%. I can go on and on.
So folks don’t just wait start something now. If you are new to investment do not hesitate to learn quick and hit the ground running a little here and a little there you will be surprised what you have by December 2021.

One good way to start is to share your income into percentages and try as much as possible to stick to it. A very popular one is the 45, 20, 20, 10, 5 rule or pattern. You can modify it to suit your current income or investment drive.

45% - The most have ie essential things to the survival and well being of your life and family. House, food, transportation, and the likes fall into this category.

20% - Good to have ie things that is good for your comfort but life is still complete and can go on without them. A better phone, designer items etc Mind you depending on your lifestyle, income bracket and purpose of this items or services, what is good to have to one person is a must have to another because sometimes those items or services could be use as way to increase network or even income.

20% - Saving and investment. This is money meant for you. Every other percentage of your income is exchanged for goods or services. It is only this portion you can actually call your money. This is what the popular slogan “pay yourself first” means. It is what you save and invest that is yours.

10% - Obligation to God. We must always show appreciation to God. He gave us power to make wealth.

5%- Charity. This is what you give to the truly needy. Mostly the people that do not have the capacity to return your kind gesture in terms of giving you back especially cash. This is another way to invest. He that give to the poor lend to the Lord... Proverbs 19:17.

However, as earlier stated these ratios are not cast on stone. You can modify the ratios to align with your specific goals at a particular period. For instance, the month of December being festive period and time to reach out could warrant increase in percentage to charity.

Before February starts Put a span to your waiting and start immediately.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 30, 2021
10% - Obligation to God greedy yahoo yahoo pastors.

The 10% ‘tax’ above is the reason why our greedy yahoo yahoo pastors and their families are living large with their mansions and private jets while the poor masses continue suffering and smiling.

17 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AirBay: 6:42am On Feb 01, 2021
I am here to learn grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 7:54am On Feb 01, 2021
AirBay:
I am here to learn grin

You welcome. If to learn is your mission I advice you: Read! Read! Read! beware of arguments that defeats your purpose and filter the wheat from the chaff to avoid distractions.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AirBay: 8:24am On Feb 01, 2021
emmasoft:

You welcome. If to learn is your mission I advice you: Read! Read! Read! beware of arguments that defeats your purpose and filter the wheat from the chaff to avoid distractions.

Yes, thank you.

I have been into tbills for sometime but the rates have been low since about 1year undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 8:43am On Feb 01, 2021
This your percentage na up to 105%
emmasoft:
Put a span to Your Waiting

It’s obvious that January has just one more day to go in fact as per official working days for most corporate entities January ended already.
Have you been waiting to start saving and investing?
Wait no further you lost 30 days already, perhaps one of your resolutions was to start saving and investing this year 2021. This is the time to start because you are getting late; yes, did I hear you say haba it’s still January na? ok let me let you know that if you planned to save 1000 every day you have lost 30,000 already, if you have to make up for that you make extra sacrifices to meet up your target. Do you know if you planned to buy zenith bank shares as we started this year you will have to spend extra 4,000 or more if you are buying it now? If you just kept that money laying down fallow without investing it at least in a mutual fund it would have depreciated by at least 1%. I can go on and on.
So folks don’t just wait start something now. If you are new to investment do not hesitate to learn quick and hit the ground running a little here and a little there you will be surprised what you have by December 2021.

One good way to start is to share your income into percentages and try as much as possible to stick to it. A very popular one is the 45, 20, 20, 10, 5 rule or pattern. You can modify it to suit your current income or investment drive.

50% - The most have ie essential things to the survival and well being of your life and family. House, food, transportation, and the likes fall into this category.

20% - Good to have ie things that is good for your comfort but life is still complete and can go on without them. A better phone, designer items etc Mind you depending on your lifestyle, income bracket and purpose of this items or services, what is good to have to one person is a must have to another because sometimes those items or services could be use as way to increase network or even income.

20% - Saving and investment. This is money meant for you. Every other percentage of your income is exchanged for goods or services. It is only this portion you can actually call your money. This is what the popular slogan “pay yourself first” means. It is what you save and invest that is yours.

10% - Obligation to God. We must always show appreciation to God. He gave us power to make wealth.

5%- Charity. This is what you give to the truly needy. Mostly the people that do not have the capacity to return your kind gesture in terms of giving you back especially cash. This is another way to invest. He that give to the poor lend to the Lord... Proverbs 19:17.

However, as earlier stated these ratios are not cast on stone. You can modify the ratios to align with your specific goals at a particular period. For instance, the month of December being festive period and time to reach out could warrant increase in percentage to charity.

Before February starts Put a span to your waiting and start immediately.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:45am On Feb 01, 2021
AirBay:

Yes, thank you.

I have been into tbills for sometime but the rates have been low since about 1year undecided

You are right. Rates are not smiling at this time across all tenors.

Like I did and have always advice members of this thread why not move over to Vantage Gurranteed income fund VGIF.

In terms of capital and interest it's guaranteed just like Tbills.

The guaranteed rate is currently 4.5% with a promise of extra interest that could bring your total income to about 8% if not more.

There is free entry and exit.

Interest paid twice in the year and irrespective of the time you invest in the fund, your interest is prorated and paid for the number of days you invested before the payment date.

You can read more from my earlier posts for more about VGIF.
Check my signature at the bottom of this post my phone number and the link to open account online for free is there.
You are free to contact me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:48am On Feb 01, 2021
ojesymsym:

Check well Sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:52am On Feb 01, 2021
50% + 20% + 20% + 10% + 5%
emmasoft:

Check well Sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 10:09am On Feb 01, 2021
ojesymsym:

50% + 20% + 20% + 10% + 5%

Oh okay... I can see it now. The mistake was on the explanation on each percentage category . Up in stating of the pattern it's correct. 45,20,20,10,5 pattern. Sleep of hand
Thanks for eyes on details, I appreciate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:54pm On Feb 01, 2021
Think about this.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 4:17pm On Feb 01, 2021
ojesymsym:
He wants you to take a loan and give grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 5:16pm On Feb 01, 2021
For naija?
You go de friendless be dat.

emmanuelewumi:
Think about this.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:32pm On Feb 01, 2021
ojesymsym:
For naija?
You go de friendless be dat.

Really, you need to change your circle.

At times it is better to be friendless, if the ones you have can't add value to you

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 5:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
How do you change your circle of friends and family? Not so easy bro.
Most people will turn your discussion to politics and blame game. Also depending on how old, girls, runs, clubbing, strip clubs, premiership (football), Zeeworld and relationship matter will fill major discussions.

Very true about staying friendless than having people around you that add or have no value.
emmanuelewumi:

Really, you need to change your circle.

At times it is better to be friendless, if the ones you have can't add value to you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Comeandcollect: 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
Guys who knows any fixed income I can invest N2.5 million into now, I am expecting interest rate between 5 to 8 percent.

Crypto currency is calling but I do not have the time for it, I need fixed income where I put my money and be notified when it matures with bank alert.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 7:30pm On Feb 01, 2021
Who has any experience with shopping complex JV like this one https://www.nairaland.com/6344432/sangotedo-ajah-lagos-jv-shopping?

Is it generally a good idea?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:59pm On Feb 01, 2021
ojesymsym:
How do you change your circle of friends and family? Not so easy bro.
Most people will turn your discussion to politics and blame game. Also depending on how old, girls, runs, clubbing, strip clubs, premiership (football), Zeeworld and relationship matter will fill major discussions.

Very true about staying friendless than having people around you that add or have no value.

Hope you know the difference between friends and acquittances.

You can have 20 acquittances that you can't do business with.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 8:12pm On Feb 01, 2021
Comeandcollect:
Guys who knows any fixed income I can invest N2.5 million into now, I am expecting interest rate between 5 to 8 percent.

Crypto currency is calling but I do not have the time for it, I need fixed income where I put my money and be notified when it matures with bank alert.

Why not go for Zplan on our Ziing mobile app.

The ROI on Zplan is between 4-10% depending on the duration and lock status.

We also have VGIF which presently guarantees 4.5%.

The above portfolio is powered by IOFS and regulated by SEC.

To open an account with us kindly use the link on my signature and for more clarification you can also get across to me.

Cheers ❤️

(1) (2) (3) ... (1742) (1743) (1744) (1745) (1746) (1747) (1748) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.