Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1746) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4440878 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1743) (1744) (1745) (1746) (1747) (1748) (1749) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Comeandcollect: 8:25pm On Feb 01, 2021
Good, could you work out how much interest I can have on the ZPlan with N2.5 million investment for a six months duration. The guaranteed interest on the capital?

Also, is capital guaranteed?

Dsticks47:

Why not go for Zplan on our Ziing mobile app.

The ROI on Zplan is between 4-10% depending on the duration and lock status.

We also have VGIF which presently guarantees 4.5%.

The above portfolio is powered by IOFS and regulated by SEC.

To open an account with us kindly use the link on my signature and for more clarification you can also get across to me.

Cheers ❤️

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 02, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Think about this.

There is more to life than making money and investing. It gets very boring and old. Most people discuss real life issues with their true friends over cold drinks and good food. Family wahala, spiritual life, politics, sports, the opposite sex, office/business wahala, movies, travel and vacation escapades/experiences, etc.

Of course every now and then friends discuss plans for the future and business links but not every time. Personally, I will change my circle of friends if all they talked about was making money and investing. The point of relaxing with true friends is to get away from the daily grind and hustles of life to de-stress.

Ps: this is assuming that one has a circle of friends that are doing well in life. I always avoid hanging out with broke friends. Them go sap life out of you with constant whining and begging. Some jealous ones go even dey plot how to defraud you, rob you or even murder you. Jealous broke friends are the most evil people!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 02, 2021
Comeandcollect:
Guys who knows any fixed income I can invest N2.5 million into now, I am expecting interest rate between 5 to 8 percent.

Crypto currency is calling but I do not have the time for it, I need fixed income where I put my money and be notified when it matures with bank alert.

Fixed income funds will give you the kind of returns you are looking for and you can withdraw anytime.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 02, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Hope you know the difference between friends and acquittances.

You can have 20 acquittances that you can't do business with.

I beg to disagree here. To preserve true friendship, it is better to do business and build business networks with acquaintances than with friends. The easiest way to kill true friendship is to involve money and business dealings in the relationship.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:39am On Feb 02, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

I beg to disagree here. To preserve true friendship, it is better to do business and build business networks with acquaintances than with friends. The easiest way to kill true friendship is to involve money and business dealings in the relationship.

Friends should have unifying factors. Check out friend6 of 50 years and beyond that is waxing stronger, to the extent that they became in-laws.

They are usually united by Investments, businesses, deals and other activities that add values to all parties.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 02, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Friends should have unifying factors. Check out friend6 of 50 years and beyond that is waxing stronger, to the extent that they became in-laws.

They are usually united by Investments, businesses, deals and other activities that add values to all parties.

Sorry these are not real friends. Just business partners pretending to be friends with the sole purpose of preserving their investments and business interests.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:16am On Feb 02, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Sorry sir but these are not real friends. Just business partners pretending to be friends with the sole purpose of preserving their investments and business interests.

Different strokes for different folks.

I discuss business, Investments, finance, parenting, personal development with my friends, if we don't discuss what I listed there. Then we are just acquittances, drinking partners, party partners or partners in crime

My business partners are my real and serious friends.

Any association that is not symbiotic, beneficial or we derive synergies from is not worth it

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aquilapriscilla: 11:31am On Feb 02, 2021
Comeandcollect:
Guys who knows any fixed income I can invest N2.5 million into now, I am expecting interest rate between 5 to 8 percent.

Crypto currency is calling but I do not have the time for it, I need fixed income where I put my money and be notified when it matures with bank alert.
Try piggyvest you won't regret it

I use PiggyVest to save & invest securely. Sign up with my link and get ₦1,000.00 to start your own savings journey - https://www.piggyvest.com/?newref=1&ref=3c1641fb3f0219
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FeeleyBee2020: 11:37am On Feb 02, 2021
Please click the link to send a message on whats'app https:///message/JJQFWLGL4BPUI1

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 1:17pm On Feb 02, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

There is more to life than making money and investing. It gets very boring and old. Most people discuss real life issues with their true friends over cold drinks and good food. Family wahala, spiritual life, politics, sports, the opposite sex, office/business wahala, movies, travel and vacation escapades/experiences, etc.

Of course every now and then friends discuss plans for the future and business links but not every time. Personally, I will change my circle of friends if all they talked about was making money and investing. The point of relaxing with true friends is to get away from the daily grind and hustles of life to de-stress.

Ps: this is assuming that one has a circle of friends that are doing well in life. I always avoid hanging out with broke friends. Them go sap life out of you with constant whining and begging. Some jealous ones go even dey plot how to defraud you, rob you or even murder you. Jealous broke friends are the most evil people!
wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Comeandcollect: 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
How long have you been with them and what do they invest in, how many percent returns?

Can I put N2.5 million at once?

Aquilapriscilla:

Try piggyvest you won't regret it

I use PiggyVest to save & invest securely. Sign up with my link and get ₦1,000.00 to start your own savings journey - https://www.piggyvest.com/?newref=1&ref=3c1641fb3f0219

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2021
I am the richest amongst my friends, those above me in the ladder I avoid them so they don't treat me like it's suggested here. Those below me, I try to build them up to my standard, so I bring the investment discussions and possibility of doing businesses that can bring profit. A friend should be one that discusses what I like and he likes same things. If you have money that can school your kids to PhD level in any school in the world and can get medication and can buy beer for a lifetime, bros retire and go and rest. Nothing dey this life.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
RayRay06677:
I am the richest amongst my friends, those above me in the ladder I avoid them so they don't treat me like it's suggested here. Those below me, I try to build them up to my standard, so I bring the investment discussions and possibility of doing businesses that can bring profit. A friend should be one that discusses what I like and he likes same things. If you have money that can school your kids to PhD level in any school in the world and can get medication and can buy beer for a lifetime, bros retire and go and rest. Nothing dey this life.

You can't have it all. Someone will be richer than you in one or more areas

Are you the richest in education, Intelligence, wisdom, experience, business knowledge, Investment knowledge, exposure, social capital, connections, resources management, social skills, etc?

18 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You can't have it all. Someone will be richer than you in one or more areas

Are you the richest in education, Intelligence, wisdom, experience, business knowledge, Investment knowledge, exposure, social capital, connections, resources management, social skills, etc?

Finance is all I look at ooo,
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Comeandcollect: 6:15pm On Feb 02, 2021
******The downside Investing in the Nigerian economy *****

In 2015 I converted $50,000 @ N216 and invested in a mix of securities at average of 12 percent for 3 years i.e
0.12 X N10,800,000 = N1,296,000 x 3 years i.e N3,888,000.

Capital plus interest after 3 years N14,688,000.

Since 2019 rates hasn't been good and I opt for other fixed security at N10 percent per annum for 2 years.

Capital of 0.10 X N14,688,000 = N2,937,600.
Capital plus interest = N17,625,000/ N480 per dollar today = $36,720.

In hind sight I actually lost $14,000..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2021
Comeandcollect:
******The downside Investing in the Nigerian economy *****

In 2015 I converted $50,000 @ N216 and invested in a mix of securities at average of 12 percent for 3 years i.e
0.12 X N10,800,000 = N1,296,000 x 3 years i.e N3,888,000.

Capital plus interest after 3 years N14,688,000.

Since 2019 rates hasn't been good and I opt for other fixed security at N10 percent per annum for 2 years.

Capital of 0.10 X N14,688,000 = N2,937,600.
Capital plus interest = N17,625,000/ N480 per dollar today = $36,720.

In hind sight I actually lost $14,000..

Since you earn dollars, why did you convert all your funds to Naira? Why didn't you buy Eurobonds or GDR of some Nigerian companies? Why didn't you Invest in real estate.

Good investors don't lament, pick the necessary Investment lessons and move on.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Comeandcollect: 7:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
I invested a portion and at the time 2015, eurobond was hovering around 7 percent while most Nigerian securities offered up to 16 percent.

The lesson is for everyone who spends Naira, the doors to own USD has always been open to everyone N216/$ in 2015 and N360/$ in 2019, a lot of people saw devaluations coming but only a few hedged.

Any Naira you own now has lost more than 50 percent of it's value from 2015 up till date so long as you earn/own Naira even if it's N500. When we saw bags of million naira rushing in we thought is was worth it, it's worthless. If Naira can be halved in 5 years I'm sure you get my point.

emmanuelewumi:

Since you earn dollars, why did you convert all your funds to Naira? Why didn't you buy Eurobonds or GDR of some Nigerian companies? Why didn't you Invest in real estate.

Good investors don't lament, pick the necessary Investment lessons and move on.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:23pm On Feb 02, 2021
Comeandcollect:
I invested a portion and at the time 2015, eurobond was hovering around 7 percent while most Nigerian securities offered up to 16 percent.

The lesson is for everyone who spends Naira, the doors to own USD has always been open to everyone N216/$ in 2015 and N360/$ in 2019, a lot of people saw devaluations coming but only a few hedged.

Any Naira you own now has lost more than 50 percent of it's value from 2015 up till date so long as you earn/own Naira even if it's N500. When we saw bags of million naira rushing in we thought is was worth it, it's worthless. If Naira can be halved in 5 years I'm sure you get my point.

What about those who don't have forex expenses and may not have it in the next 5 years.

So they should hoard forex for the sake of keeping?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:49pm On Feb 02, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What about those who don't have forex expenses and may not have it in the next 5 years.

they should buy assets that beats both devaluation and inflation combine ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 10:05pm On Feb 02, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Don’t mind non-investors...he is a saver if you ask me. I haven’t had any forex expenses since 2017, why should I concern my self with converting my money. Any forex I get I leave as forex. My naira I invest in naira shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 10:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
they should buy assets are beat both devaluation and inflation combine ...

Assets like what sir?

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibk2020: 1:30am On Feb 03, 2021
please,has anyone here invested in piggyvest safe lock?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:41am On Feb 03, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
they should buy assets that beats both devaluation and inflation combine ...

That is what he should say and stop lamenting about Investments in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aquilapriscilla: 9:17am On Feb 03, 2021
Comeandcollect:
How long have you been
2 years

with them and what do they invest in?
I know they invest in agriculture, fixed instruments, and so on. They also have fees that they charge when you want to withdraw outside your withdrawal days.

, how many percent returns?
8%PA

Can I put N2.5 million at once?
No, you can only send max of 500k at once. To be able to do 2.5million, you need to send 500k five times

Seriously piggyvest is good ,they are trying, they recently opened up an opportunity to invest in a potato farm that gives 20% in 9 months. I know you might raise I brows but they have an insurance policy that guarantees your money in the stipulated time.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aquilapriscilla: 9:27am On Feb 03, 2021
Ibk2020:
please,has anyone here invested in piggyvest safe lock?
Yes, though not directly.
Someone recently used my referral link and I got a little commission.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 9:35am On Feb 03, 2021
Comeandcollect:

I did Piggyvest. Same amount gives like 15k each month. It's very liquid, but to maintain your interest, you are only allowed to withdraw 4 times in that month.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 9:39am On Feb 03, 2021
I feel more comfortable about Rise vest now. To they follow up stocks don they tire me.

https://mobile.twitter.com/armengage/status/1356562635668533248

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:39am On Feb 03, 2021
igbizen:

Don’t mind non-investors...he is a saver if you ask me. I haven’t had any forex expenses since 2017, why should I concern my self with converting my money. Any forex I get I leave as forex. My naira I invest in naira shikena.

Gbam.

Same with me. I earn in Naira with all my expenses in Naira. So why should i bother myself with hoarding forex?.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1743) (1744) (1745) (1746) (1747) (1748) (1749) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.