Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4433378 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1744) (1745) (1746) (1747) (1748) (1749) (1750) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2021
Thanks my sister or brother, people keep talking about dollars, my question is do we spend dollars in nigeria? I have dollars in uptown and i spend dollars there i can not come and spend naira in U.S or canada . so i no really send i have decided to split my invesment naira and dollars. once i allocate my naira invesment in nigeria it never comes back US or canada.

NL1960:

Gbam.

Same with me. I earn in Naira with all my expenses in Naira. So why should i bother myself with hoarding forex?.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolajay: 5:03pm On Feb 03, 2021
Nice!

Does Bamboo have anything of this sort?

Tobex4realTobex234:
I feel more comfortable about Rise vest now. To they follow up stocks don they tire me.

https://mobile.twitter.com/armengage/status/1356562635668533248
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Goldiano(m): 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Fixed income funds will give you the kind of returns you are looking for and you can withdraw anytime.
only keystone bank has the best for fixed deposit now 4.52% per annual if above 26mln and 5% if up to 50mln.But just go there and verify Ur rate size

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Goldiano(m): 5:54pm On Feb 03, 2021
Aquilapriscilla:

Seriously piggyvest is good ,they are trying, they recently opened up an opportunity to invest in a potato farm that gives 20% in 9 months. I know you might raise I brows but they have an insurance policy that guarantees your money in the stipulated time.
are u sure that is not Mlm scheme in a coded way cos such 20% is not sustainable
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Goldiano(m): 6:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
Comeandcollect:
Guys who knows any fixed income I can invest N2.5 million into now, I am expecting interest rate between 5 to 8 percent.

Crypto currency is calling but I do not have the time for it, I need fixed income where I put my money and be notified when it matures with bank alert.
visit keystone
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Goldiano(m): 6:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

How do you expect the thread to be what it was 5 years ago when T Bill yields are at all time lows? The days of active discussions on Tbills are dead and buried and won’t be happening in the foreseeable future. Low fixed income yields are here to stay.

You want an active investment thread, go to the NSE thread. You can even check the coins thread if that’s what you fancy. It’s also happening there. You may also enjoy the US stocks thread if investing in foreign stocks is your thing.
true
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Goldiano(m): 6:28pm On Feb 03, 2021
elmas:

Sir which is good to invest in?
which one is bamboo.Also try to have property and physical achievement too
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Comeandcollect: 7:16pm On Feb 03, 2021
Good evening all,
Has anyone here Invested in Stanbic Dollar fund?
Could you throw more light on it like if your capital is safe, interest rates?
Availability of funds if withdrawal is initiated?

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 7:42pm On Feb 03, 2021
"BBNaija Nina laments about thieves in Atlanta, says Nigeria is better"

I love stories like this
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aquilapriscilla: 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
Goldiano:
are u sure that is not Mlm scheme in a coded way cos such 20% is not sustainable
Sha do your DD grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kings11ng(m): 9:02pm On Feb 03, 2021
Goldiano:

How exactly did. You arrive at this conclusion? Even agropartnership that they bought from where offering same thing at 30%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:15am On Feb 04, 2021
True talk,

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Silverpurple: 6:28am On Feb 04, 2021
RayRay06677:
I am the richest amongst my friends, those above me in the ladder I avoid them so they don't treat me like it's suggested here. Those below me, I try to build them up to my standard, so I bring the investment discussions and possibility of doing businesses that can bring profit. A friend should be one that discusses what I like and he likes same things. If you have money that can school your kids to PhD level in any school in the world and can get medication and can buy beer for a lifetime, bros retire and go and rest. Nothing dey this life.

My friend, the requirement to retire above is quite vague. To study till PhD in Unilag cost different from PhD in University of London, and PhD in University of London is different from cost of PhD in Stanford University. Same as even cost of sipping ice cold beer, I know a couple of people that prefer their beer in the 7-star hotels of Dubai, while some are A-OK with could Trophy from any hotspot in Ibadan.

Life in it self is designed such that we keep running, and like my yourba people say. The day we die, is the day we rest.

Therefore, chosing to rest earlier, require one thing *contentment*.

Most of the ballers here, respectably including "moi" once live like Kings on NYSC allawee....how did we get to 20k per month internet, 20k per month fuel, 400 USD headphones? I for one had internet, headphones and was able to move easily around on NYSC allawee...

Regards,
John Doe from Orile Agege.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:54am On Feb 04, 2021
Godbpraised:
Thanks my sister or brother, people keep talking about dollars, my question is do we spend dollars in nigeria? I have dollars in uptown and i spend dollars there i can not come and spend naira in U.S or canada . so i no really send i have decided to split my invesment naira and dollars. once i allocate my naira invesment in nigeria it never comes back US or canada.

You know that most times we do things in Nigeria for show off and to do guy. There was a time that people living in Nigeria were just buying houses in US and London that they only stay for a week or two when they travel for their yearly vacation. The word then was 'i have a house in US or i have a house in London'. To show say you be big man now, you go say 'i have a DOM account'. Very soon Okada and Kekep Napep riders go open DOM accounts and also be saying 'i have a DOM account'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 9:39am On Feb 04, 2021
Silverpurple:

My friend, the requirement to retire above is quite vague. To study till PhD in Unilag cost different from PhD in University of London, and PhD in University of London is different from cost of PhD in Stanford University. Same as even cost of sipping ice cold beer, I know a couple of people that prefer their beer in the 7-star hotels of Dubai, while some are A-OK with could Trophy from any hotspot in Ibadan.

Life in it self is designed such that we keep running, and like my yourba people say. The day we die, is the day we rest.

Most of the ballers here, respectably including "moi" once live like Kings on NYSC allawee....how did we get to 20k per month internet, 20k per month fuel, 400 USD headphones? I for one had internet, headphones and was able to move easily around on NYSC allawee...

Regards,

Said best university in the world, my only fear is inflation but I capture that effect but I can't tell limits because this country is unpredictable.
Aiming high so even we land on average, we move.
Law of contentment is what I practice, I don't compete. My target is a billion naira untouchable fund. The day I get a billion, next morning I will be at home playing with kids. I need a good car due for changed every three years. A good retirement home will be on ground already and I don't need another home. Only thing I will be doing with the proceed is children fees. My manager retired last year and died last month, never trade all your useful years hustling, use some in grooving and rehabilitation of the dead cells so you live long. Getting close to 50yrs, time to think home. Started working at 35yrs after enough "local balling" investing 20yrs to white collar job is ok, and I will be back to my "local balling". Typing from ibom five star hotel, drank only a bottle of beer because I am not comfortable drinking 1k5 beer I can comfortably buy 3h, I drink beer a lot but have stayed about two weeks with just a bottle and campari and coke I get from town, I am just contented. Live for yourself alone and not for others.

The hotel am staying is not on my bills ooooo before we think otherwise

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 04, 2021
Silverpurple:

Regards,

Boss, your post is full of contradictions. On one hand, you are talking about going on until the day you die and on the other hand, you are talking about contentment. Did you read where he said ‘any university in the world’?

My definition of contentment is when a man/woman has more than enough money to take care of his/her financial needs and those of his/her future generations and decides to slow down and take life easy. There is more to life than money, money and more money and there are many non-profit causes to keep wealthy people busy.

You get to a point where having extra money doesn’t even give you the happiness and satisfaction that you crave. You just become an unhappy lonely soul with tons of money trying to fill the void in your life with mansions, yachts, private jets and low-life oloshos lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:48pm On Feb 04, 2021
RayRay06677:

Said best university in the world, my only fear is inflation but I capture that effect but I can't tell limits because this country is unpredictable.
Law of contentment is what I practice, I don't compete. My target is a billion naira untouchable fund. The day I get a billion, next morning I will be at home playing with kids. I need a good car due for changed every three years. A good retirement home will be on ground already and I don't need another home. Only thing I will be doing with the proceed is children fees. My manager retired last year and died last month, never trade all your useful years hustling, use some in grooving and rehabilitation of the dead cells so you live long. Getting close to 50yrs, time to think home. Started working at 35yrs after enough "local balling" investing 20yrs to white collar job is ok, and I will be back to my "local balling". Typing from ibom five star hotel, drank only a bottle of beer because I am not comfortable drinking 1k5 beer I can comfortably buy 3h, I drink beer a lot but have stayed about two weeks with just a bottle and campari and coke I get from town, I am just contented. Live for yourself alone and not for others.

Your manger retired or he was made to retire after reaching the maximum age?

To a lot of people who are addicted to salaries and never invested, the shock of a job loss can kill them in less than 3 years.

Some of them will also want to play catch up, thereby investing in High Yield Investment Schemes after retirement. Frustration, financial losses etc can also kill such people

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Boss, your post is full of contradictions. On one hand, you are talking about going on until the day you die and on the other hand, you are talking about contentment. Did you read where he said ‘any university in the world’?

My definition of contentment is when a man/woman has more than enough money to take care of his/her financial needs and those of his/her future generations and decides to slow down and take life easy. There is more to life than money, money and more money and there are many non-profit causes to keep wealthy people busy.

You get to a point where having extra money doesn’t even give you the happiness and satisfaction that you crave. You just become an unhappy lonely soul with tons of money trying to fill the void in your life with mansions, yachts, private jets and low-life oloshos lipsrsealed

I agree with all you wrote

But what is your own with oloshos?

Are you married?

Sorry for asking personal questions

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Are you married?

What exactly do you mean? I’m confused.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 2:23pm On Feb 04, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Are you married?

To some, they make the world go round
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by igbizen(m): 3:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
RayRay06677:

This guy is either a chevron or Total staff.
I have dotted the i,s maybe I still need to cross my t,s b4 concluding grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Silverpurple: 4:03pm On Feb 04, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Baba, your very definition of contentment is funny. You said when a man has "enough" money.

Whereas money no dey reach...

I see you mentioned Oloshos. I did some "research" in this sometime ago...lol. I know how much they around Ogba-Ijaiye, Refinery Road-Warri, Old GRA-PHC, Ikate Eleghusi, etc. The prices are different. Soo how do you plan enough resources for this. You just have to pick the textbook definition of contentment.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2021
igbizen:

I have dotted the i,s maybe I still need to cross my t,s b4 concluding grin grin

Non of the above, but am a labourer somewhere no doubt about that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wiseoldman: 4:13pm On Feb 04, 2021
hmmm....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 04, 2021
Silverpurple:

Baba, your very definition of contentment is funny. You said when a man has "enough" money.

I see you mentioned Oloshos. I did some "research" in this sometime ago...lol. I know how much they around Ogba-Ijaiye, Refinery Road-Warri, Old GRA-PHC, Ikate Eleghusi, etc. The prices are different. Soo how do you plan enough resources for this. You just have to pick the textbook definition of contentment.

Wow! That’s all I can say.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tracyorez(f): 9:08pm On Feb 04, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Madam Tracy how far na? Any update from Oga pot belly side?
Good evening to you and all my oga's.
I got the full alert today with plenty apologies from the branch manager.it happened that the guy dint try to defraud me but was just not taking his job serious.I told them to pardon him that I have forgiven him though.
Meanwhile I spoke to another manager from another branch and within 2 days the money reflected.
First contact told me to hold on while they investigate and started calling managers but I think they took too long.
The bottom line is ,I am now wiser .
Thanks all.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Silverpurple: 9:13pm On Feb 04, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Wow! That’s all I can say.

Hahahaha, it is either my previous statement was amazing beyond words or it doesn't add up and there is no need for a response. I honestly hope it is the former...lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9free(m): 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2021
igbizen:

Mobil Producing, Eket. angry

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 7:13am On Feb 05, 2021
RayRay06677:

Oga leave am. You never ready to retire yet
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:50am On Feb 05, 2021
I
Silverpurple:

Contentment means living below and within your means and you are okay.

A man can be worth N20 million and he is financial independent, while another man is worth N500 million but not financially independent.

Contentment is a spiritual and psychological phenomenon, has little to do with money or finance.

17 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Masterrhymes: 8:37am On Feb 05, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6384942/register-truck-cartego-get-paid
ahiboilandgas:
we have dry and wet haulage ..trucks carry more than 30 tonnes but fashola is trying to stop it ....in wet haulage we have 33,000 litres (standards 30 tonnes) 45000 litres and now 60000 litres tankers ..i give drivers 1000 litres Ago to Abuja from Lagos ,1300 to kano ,1100 to kano , 700 litres to kanji,1600 to yola , 1000 to benue , 900 to ph 1400 to jos ....the dangote/howo or shagman truck carry 900 bags of cements that around 45 tonnes......its better u buy your truck it increase profitability and efficiency of the supply chain network....in doing that your should buy double Axel truck either Mack r model or daf 85 (3300) double Axel to move the 900 tonne easy ....for it to be profitable and sustainable..u should lease the truck to your company ... (meaning separate the truck cash flow from your firm)...despite own by u .....at the end of the year the truck must have a p/l accounts and can also source for jobs on it own whem company work is less ........we use an average of 0.6 litres per 1km on 45 tonne truck
...truck are now expensive double Axel will set u back above 8m excluding carrier ..pls do comprehensive and G.i.t insurance ..it a must to survive

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1744) (1745) (1746) (1747) (1748) (1749) (1750) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.