Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1818) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4434591 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EarlyCareer: 11:56am On Mar 23, 2021
handsomebolanle:

cheesy grin sometimes we need people as such that differs a conventional position on opinion/arguments to enable us make better judgement.

But ehhn...Lazyyouth4u can just decide to become a pain I don't understand lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ... just pick what you need from him and move...One shouldn't stress self replying grin cheesy

Of course, she/he saved a lot of people money by countering that coordinated move.

I was reading and praying someone did...the moniker came through. I honestly don't have a problem with her/him, I just aired my view on the vile approach. As I said, I also have no intention to be a frequent contributor here. So it is not my business.

We need more people doing so on this thread as it has been monopolized a lot by certain folks that are only comfortable discussing what they like, sadly herd mentality follows suit. Getting the thread back to how it was before when I used to be a guest viewing it will help everyone.

Thankfully, feelamong the creator is liberal and allows free discuss which is why a lot of people have been benefitting here. NSEMPA and the crypto thread is good too.

TB rates is picking up again. Good times.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
EarlyCareer:

Of course, she/he saved a lot of people money by countering that coordinated move.

I was reading and praying someone did...the moniker came through. I honestly don't have a problem with her/him, I just aired my view on the vile approach. As I said, I also have no intention to be a frequent contributor here. So it is not my business.

We need more people doing so on this thread as it has been monopolized a lot by certain folks that are only comfortable discussing what they like, sadly herd mentality follows suit. Getting the thread back to how it was before when I used to be a guest viewing it will help everyone.

Thankfully, feelamong the creator is liberal and allows free discuss which is why a lot of people have been benefitting here. NSEMPA and the crypto thread is good too.

TB rates is picking up again. Good times.

To be very honest and if you read my comments, you will notice that I only reciprocate the vileness to the riff raffs that think they can use insults to shut me up because I am going against some of their so called gurus that they believe are always right and can never be wrong.

As an investment professional, I always do my DD na and digging through old posts to know the background of the individuals is how I do this here grin. If it was not allowed, NL would have prohibited that feature. And honestly anyone that has nothing to hide shouldn’t fear that.

Sadly, when I dig through i find out that most of the people here are fake, audio liars with ulterior motives.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by EarlyCareer: 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

To be very honest and if you read my comments, you will notice that I only reciprocate the vileness to the riff raffs that think they can use insults to shut me up because I am going against some of their so called gurus that they believe are always right and can never be wrong.

As an investment professional, I always do my DD na and digging through old posts to know the background of the individuals is how I do this grin. If it was not allowed, NL would have prohibited that feature. And honestly anyone that has nothing to hide shouldn’t fear that.

Sadly, when I dig through i find out that most of the people here are fake, audio liars with ulterior motives.

Fair enough.

Sometimes, ignore though, state your case and ignore. You must not join people to bath in mud. It's good for one's mental health.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by budaatum: 1:34pm On Mar 23, 2021
skydiver01:
Turkey's central bank today hiked interest rates to 19% to curb inflation and support the Lira.

https://www.ft.com/content/f1ec0b3d-00c0-4959-a9e2-addb736e6e3f

After four months of relative calm, the Turkish lira is once again doing what it does best: slumping against every major currency. It nose-dived 17% overnight to near all-time lows, hitting 8.39 against the dollar and 9.97 against the euro before recovering later on, ending the day down over 7% against the dollar, amid concerns that the central bank and state-owned banks cushioned the fall by selling dollars into the market, thereby further depleting Turkey’s already scarce foreign currency reserves. The lira has lost half of its value since its currency crisis began in 2018.
https://wolfstreet.com/2021/03/22/after-shock-awe-rate-hike-turkeys-central-bank-governor-gets-sacked-and-all-heck-breaks-loose/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2021
EarlyCareer:

Fair enough.

Sometimes, ignore though, state your case and ignore. You must not join people to bath in mud. It's good for one's mental health.

He is very enlightened, but his manner of approach is shocking, insulting him to shut him up is a counterproductive move, this is his alter ego, he enjoys the attention he gets, always giggling and refreshing the investment section to see who has replied him so that he can throw more insults

He is working or must have worked in a Financial institution

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 23, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

As an investment professional, I always do my DD na and digging through old posts to know the background of the individuals is how I do this grin. If it was not allowed, NL would have prohibited that feature. And honestly anyone that has nothing to hide shouldn’t fear that.

LWKD with this monkey girl.Investment professional my foot.Why you never dig mine.An investment professional writing rubbish about marketing of a stock in investment thread could move the price.What is the percentage of cash from retail investor in the nse.Just stick to TB and if you want to talk about stock move to appropriate thread so that you will be schooled.I have never seen anybody do it as far back as the time of SMN.And she saved nobody.Is all about investment objective.The two REITs in question are performing for those who see it as retirement option as long as they have been declearing dividend whether liquid or not is story for another day.There are people who would have been happy with oando being illiquid and be declearing at least 5% dividend yearly to its present stand point.If they had recommended a none performing/dead reit that would have been a different case .You are responsible to your investment decision and that is why DD is always adviced.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 2:19pm On Mar 23, 2021
budaatum:

After four months of relative calm, the Turkish lira is once again doing what it does best: slumping against every major currency. It nose-dived 17% overnight to near all-time lows, hitting 8.39 against the dollar and 9.97 against the euro before recovering later on, ending the day down over 7% against the dollar, amid concerns that the central bank and state-owned banks cushioned the fall by selling dollars into the market, thereby further depleting Turkey’s already scarce foreign currency reserves. The lira has lost half of its value since its currency crisis began in 2018.
https://wolfstreet.com/2021/03/22/after-shock-awe-rate-hike-turkeys-central-bank-governor-gets-sacked-and-all-heck-breaks-loose/

Nigeria will soon join Turkey and Argentina in the multiplicity of ultimately futile central bank currency interventions.
It's a question of when, not if.
The only prayer is that we don't join another list of countries - the one that contains Venezuela and Zimbabwe, but with Emefiele and Buhari doing the thinking, I'm not holding my breath.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2021
The fall in the Lira was as a result of the central bank governor being sacked (something like the fourth one in two years). Not the increase in rates. As it happens, he was a markets friendly governor and the Lira appreciated markedly over the period he was governor of the central bank.

budaatum:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 23, 2021
skydiver01:
The fall in the Lira was as a result of the central bank governor being sacked (something like the fourth one in two years). Not the increase in rates. As it happens, he was a markets friendly governor and the Lira appreciated markedly over the period he was governor of the central bank.

Correct! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 23, 2021
EarlyCareer:

Fair enough.

Will try wink. I see one of the clout chasing riff raffs trying to push my buttons by quoting me with some senseless gibberish but let me ignore the non-entity.

Meanwhile, I encourage anyone that still doubts what Sholapey’s intentions were with the clever use of his/her alternate monikers to hype SFS REIT to google Pump and Dump stocks using social media and thank me later grin

People should be careful and question random hyping of stocks on social media platforms, especially thinly capitalized illiquid stocks.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyisanya(m): 4:08pm On Mar 23, 2021
Knowledge, they say, is power. Seek knowledge and see how powerful you will become in every aspect of your life. Do your research regarding all the investment vehicles that are available to you and only come here to cross-fertilize ideas. That way, while reading through lengthy pages of comments here, you will be able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Despite the country's woes, people are legitimately making money while they are asleep in this same country. It's called passive income.

Be wary of people with an ulterior motive, but at the same time be open-minded, and don't be antagonistic towards every idea.

16 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 5:04pm On Mar 23, 2021
seyisanya:
Knowledge, they say, is power. Seek knowledge and see how powerful you will become in every aspect of your life. Do your research regarding all the investment vehicles that are available to you and only come here to cross-fertilize ideas. That way, while reading through lengthy pages of comments here, you will be able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Despite the country's woes, people are legitimately making money while they are asleep in this same country. It's called passive income.

Be wary of people with an ulterior motive, but at the same time be open-minded, and don't be antagonistic towards every idea.
In a pandemic year the number of cars increased in Lagos, people are making it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 23, 2021
lavylilly:

Please state your source...

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Please state your source...
Grab a copy of businessDay
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 23, 2021
lavylilly:
Grab a copy of businessDay

Okay I will. Today’s copy? What page please?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2021
Yes
Lazyyouth4u:

Okay I will. Today’s copy? What page please?
Front page, check their website or Twitter page
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2021
lavylilly:
YesFront page, check their website or Twitter page

Okay seen. Thanks!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
@lazyyouth4u, you are doing well, please continue with your investigative journalism, we appreciate you in this thread, we've learnt a lot from you here, like emmasoft, emmanuelelewumi and host of others, God bless you all. You are just the type who feels very uncomfortable seeing ignorant/innocent people being scammed of their hard earned money, though many won't say it directly because it is a faceless forum, but just try to respond to any suspicious ponzi scheme promoter without insults, or there are ways you could also insult people politely without hurting their feelings.

Now that our youths are now doing apprenticeship on how to become a scammer/fraudster, we just have to be extremely careful on how and where we invest our money, but Nigerians like learning their lessons the hardest way, so ponzi scheme promoters will always find victims.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lavylilly: 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Okay seen. Thanks!
So, what are your thoughts?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SeaTrade(m): 7:20pm On Mar 23, 2021
Where that fool wey dem dey call lazyyouth?
My truck is back and I get your time today.
Shey you dey see ba?
Mugu

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by budaatum: 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2021
skydiver01:

The trigger was President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s snap decision on Friday evening to fire the governor of Turkey’s Central Bank, Naci Ağbal, who on Thursday, in order to tamp down on surging inflation and to prop up the lira, had engineered a shock-and-awe 2.0 percentage-point hike of the policy rate from 17% to 19%, when economists had expected a rate hike of half that magnitude. It was the third time since mid-2019 that Erdogan has sacked a central bank chief.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 23, 2021
condomuser:
Anyday any of the person's here start meeting together for any reason, it maybe the start of the greatest KIDNAPPING of all time.
A lot of people on this thread are thieves, cultists, arm robbers in real life. They are just waiting for you to slip slightly so they chop you mugu.

Do not fall for it . On the other hand, this thread is filled with lots of audio billionaires and millionnaires not knowing if they unfortunately get kidnapped, the same masterminder of the kidnap will care less of your worth rather eyes will be on the N100 million ransome.

100% accurate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 23, 2021
Donbrig:
@lazyyouth4u, you are doing well, please continue with your investigative journalism, we appreciate you in this thread, we've learnt a lot from you here, like emmasoft, emmanuelelewumi and host of others, God bless you all. You are just the type who feels very uncomfortable seeing ignorant/innocent people being scammed of their hard earned money, though many won't say it directly because it is a faceless forum, but just try to respond to any suspicious ponzi scheme promoter without insults, or there are ways you could also insult people politely without hurting their feelings.

Now that our youths are now doing apprenticeship on how to become a scammer/fraudster, we just have to be extremely careful on how and where we invest our money, but Nigerians like learning their lessons the hardest way, so ponzi scheme promoters will always find victims.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 9:45pm On Mar 23, 2021
lavylilly:
Abeg leave that business day article. the metric they used is car registration. What about people who brought in cars and it was trapped in the ports due to the pandemic? Definetely they clear the cars and register there would be an upsurge.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2021
How does this effect or affect us?

At the end of the two-day bimonthly MPC meeting, all policy levers were maintained following a unanimous vote of all committee members.

• Monetary Policy Rate (MPR) - 11.50%
• Asymmetric corridor around the MPR - +100/-700bps,
• Cash Reserve Ratio – 27.50%, and
• Liquidity Ratio 30.0%.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Diogo2019: 4:23am On Mar 24, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
The answer is YES!

I'm already having interest

Good morning, hope you won't mind.... showing me the way
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aquilapriscilla: 9:08am On Mar 24, 2021
ojesymsym:
How does this effect or affect us?

At the end of the two-day bimonthly MPC meeting, all policy levers were maintained following a unanimous vote of all committee members.

• Monetary Policy Rate (MPR) - 11.50%
• Asymmetric corridor around the MPR - +100/-700bps,
• Cash Reserve Ratio – 27.50%, and
• Liquidity Ratio 30.0%.

@emmasoft

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Myhelper1: 10:39am On Mar 24, 2021
[quote][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 10:50am On Mar 24, 2021
Aquilapriscilla:

@emmasoft

For now, everything remains the same in terms of benchmarks. CBN seems to still focus on the real sector ie making funds available for businesses.
However, it cannot continue for long because if inflation continue on the rise, I’m sure they will have to increase rate and reduce cash in circulation.
So, for now fingers cross. Let us wait till May for the next MPC meeting.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damilola1978: 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2021
emmasoft:

For now, everything remains the same in terms of benchmarks. CBN seems to still focus on the real sector ie making funds available for businesses.
However, it cannot continue for long because if inflation continue on the rise, I’m sure they will have to increase rate and reduce cash in circulation.
So, for now fingers cross. Let us wait till May for the next MPC meeting.
when are we likely to see double digit Tbill rates?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 24, 2021
damilola1978:
when are we likely to see double digit Tbill rates?
likely second quarter of next year if the forcast on Dan refinery materialize.The government want the real sector outside oil to compliment thr the oil sector .Thr will be general improvement in economic indices next year because APC really needs it for campaign
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 1:01pm On Mar 24, 2021
Biafran4life:
likely second quarter of next year if the forcast on Dan refinery materialize.The government want the real sector outside oil to compliment thr the oil sector .Thr will be general improvement in economic indices next year because APC really needs it for campaign
if there would bw improvement in economy then why woukd tbill rates increase? isnt it meant to be the opposite?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.