Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,799 members, 7,831,585 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1863) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4461088 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Etfash(m): 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2021
@Lazyyouth4u I thought you already dropped these exchange of words.. I mean, i was beginning to enjoy your comments and learning a great deal until this new episode started. Please let the "banter" throwing stop. Some of us enjoy your analysis more.

Meanwhile, we should all allow peace reign now abeg. E don do! Future generations will come and learn from what we are putting down here, so we shouldn't burden them with too many irrelevances.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Myhelper1: 10:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
Lazyyouth4u
Now i understand your profession, you're devil's manager and your purpose here is to steal, kill and to destroy. Continue with your devilish assignment God will judge you.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2021
Myhelper1:
Lazyyouth4u
Now i understand your profession, you're devil's manager and your purpose here is to steal, kill and to destroy. Continue with your devilish assignment God will judge you.

My purpose is to kill and destroy the evil plans of monkey hunters and criminals wey wan use sense chop maga for this thread angry

I will continue with that assignment despite the insults from those criminals that God is already judging with poverty and suffering angry

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 11, 2021
Etfash:
@Lazyyouth4u I thought you already dropped these exchange of words.. I mean, i was beginning to enjoy your comments and learning a great deal until this new episode started. Please let the "banter" throwing stop. Some of us enjoy your analysis more.

Meanwhile, we should all allow peace reign now abeg. E don do! Future generations will come and learn from what we are putting down here, so we shouldn't burden them with too many irrelevances.

So someone actually enjoys my ‘theories’? shocked

Okay if na just because of only you, I will just jump and pass the insults sad

Have a good evening!

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 11, 2021
Emmydude:
Oga Lazyyouth4u, I admire your energy. Na utility player you be. You no lazy at all. This una e-banter is actually educative. Many people ought to face their fronts. Why pick sides? See how matured Oga Emma responses dey always be.

You are funny grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Myhelper1: 11:10pm On Apr 11, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

My purpose is to kill and destroy the evil plans of monkey hunters that wan use sense chop maga for this thread angry

I will continue with that assignment despite the insults from those criminals that God is already judging with poverty and suffering angry
Time waster, since you have started this your full time monkey hunters business, has anyone reported money lost on this thread to you and how many people have you arrested? If you're a real investor, you'll understand time and words.

My offence to you was because I mentioned sfsreit and you accused me that I wanted to dump my shares on people isn't? Now, what will you call Stockbrokers who suggest stock pick to their clients daily? Are they also trying to dump it on the shareholders? You're just evil full of envy...an empty barrel who makes the loudest noise that's whom you are. Anyway, resume back to your NL monkey hunters business on monday 9am-11pm.

I will talk to seun to add you to his payroll. grin

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 11, 2021
U guys are still fighting...

Sighs...

I will come back later to read when y'all are done

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 12, 2021
Strong men , chair I hail una oo

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 7:03am On Apr 12, 2021
No na that thing called her self whatever that is attacking Ahib, i asked Ahib a question regarding a land he bought some time ago and boom that nonentity started Ahib is audio this and audio that and nobody in this thread is this or that as if she knows everyone here one on one.
OgogoroFreak:
Weytin these two men dey feed on sef, wey make them get so much energy to attack themselves meaninglessly like this?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 7:52am On Apr 12, 2021
Coolmaney:
Good day all. Please I will like to know the fair cost of a 3 bedroom suite with an extra empty plot attached .

Location is arigbajo close to ifo ogun state.
The house is in good shape .

Please great mind help a guy before I fall into wrong hands.

Do you have an idea of the going rate in the area?

How old is the structure?

What is the estimated cost of maintenance you would carry out?

If you visit the real estate thread I'm sure you would get more detailed analysis sha
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 9:14am On Apr 12, 2021
Coolmaney:
Good day all. Please I will like to know the fair cost of a 3 bedroom suite with an extra empty plot attached .

There are a lot of activities in that area of recent .... please confirm if the land is not a Govt. Aquisition land

Check the link below for more info.

Thanks
https://www.nairaland.com/6473226/house-demolished-what-should
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:16am On Apr 12, 2021
Rotiix:

Send me your account number let me shock u this night, u think everyone is an empty barrel like u?

Lazyyouth4u:

Shock your wife with this month food money first wink

As Lazyyouth4u does not want to send his account number, should i send mine?. I like the shocks of free alerts very well. cool

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 12, 2021
NL1960:

As Lazyyouth4u does not want to send his account number, should i send mine?. I like the shocks of free alerts very well. cool

grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 12, 2021
Coolmaney:

Instead of asking people on a faceless forum that have very little information on the property, why not just use an estate valuer. It doesn’t have to be Jide Taiwo. There are many cheap ones around.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:00am On Apr 12, 2021
abraolas1:

There are a lot of activities in that area of recent .... please confirm if the land is not a Govt. Aquisition land

Check the link below for more info.

Thanks
https://www.nairaland.com/6473226/house-demolished-what-should

That is another angle, someone might be selling a property on government land to him. He will lose his hard earned money
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 10:01am On Apr 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Instead of asking people on a faceless forum that have very little information on the property, why not just use an estate valuer. It doesn’t have to be Jide Taiwo. There are many cheap ones around.

That's the beauty of a faceless forum....... There might just be an estate valuer here, some might just be living around that axis....... More over any info gotten here is free........

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 12, 2021
maishai:

That's the beauty of a faceless forum....... There might just be an estate valuer here, some might just be living around that axis....... More over any info gotten here is free........

Sir, If you were one and depended on it to feed your family, would you come here and be giving free services?

Just curious please. No be fight matter smiley

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 10:26am On Apr 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Sir, If you were one and depended on it to feed your family, would you come here and be giving free services?

Just curious please. No be fight matter smiley

There are somethings that no matter how you describe to a nonexpert or an outsider to a trade, he will never understand.......
Sharing the knowledge of a trade especially on digital platform does not diminish ur market, it rather opens u up
An estate valuer can never b a doctor so also a doc can never be an accountant but when knowledge is shared we all become sharper

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 10:31am On Apr 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Also someone here might just have executed a project there, who knows by him or her sharing his experience, he might just pick a speck of info that would save him a whole lot

No one is an encyclopedia but a collection of people from different walks of life might just be

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:35am On Apr 12, 2021
maishai:

Free information is dangerous, we should get used to paying for services

I shared my view on my WhatsApp group about a shares of a cement company, not knowing that someone sold his shares in that company because of my personal views.

Three months later pumping and other tricks made the shares to appreciate by about 200%, but the guy who sold his shares crucified me for sharing my opinions, which he never paid a kobo for.

I later realized that the guy has made money or saved costs from some of the opinions and viewed freely shared in the past

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 10:48am On Apr 12, 2021
afroxyz:
Shares of Guinness have increased 74% YTD. Very impressive.

It's easy to see a snippet and forget about the bigger picture.

For stocks and most investments, i always want to look at performance over time, at least 7-10 years before investing cos markets generally have a pattern to them... Except it's a quick trade or a novel company where it's tricky to judge

On Guiness, that's it's performance overtime. I first used a line chart to take away the noise.
Price in 2013 -270
2014- 180
2015- 150
2016 -95
2017- 60
2018-110
2109 -48
2020-15.

When something is that down that much, a small rally doesn't mean much... It's what's called a dead cat bounce... Also, the dividend yield has been as low as 0.7% in some of the years
Some people would look at the current price and want to be Warren Buffet and buy at the lows... Well, good for them. But if something fundamental and novel hasn't changed with the company/market, it's more likely the price will revisit 15 naira or even lower

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 11:08am On Apr 12, 2021
But guiness is still in the market selling their products and people still buy, so why has their fundamentals changed so badly? Any ideas?

jedisco:

For stocks and most investments, i always want to look at performance over time, at least 7-10 years before investing cos markets generally have a pattern to them... Except it's a quick trade or a novel company where it's tricky to judge

On Guiness, that's it's performance overtime. I first used a line chart to take away the noise.
Price in 2013 -270
2014- 180
2015- 150
2016 -95
2017- 60
2018-110
2109 -48
2020-15.

When something is that down that much, a small rally doesn't mean much... It's what's called a dead cat bounce... Also, the dividend yield has been as low as 0.7% in some of the years
Some people would look at the current price and want to be Warren Buffet and buy at the lows... Well, good for them. But if something fundamental and novel hasn't changed with the company/market, I wouldn't be surprised to see it revisit 15 or even lower in the coming months to years...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 11:34am On Apr 12, 2021
ojesymsym:
But guiness is still in the market selling their products and people still buy, so why has their fundamentals changed so badly? Any ideas?

That's one of the miracles on the NSE, that leaves me wondering. Unfortunately, it is the case for over 95% of listed companies.

For a household name like Guinness whose products are everywhere, one would expect it should at least maintain its stock value in naira- dividends aside. But then the value has surprisingly been on the continuous decline for years and dividends annoyingly low (we're talking of <1% for some years). I can hardly put down a reason for that.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:58am On Apr 12, 2021
ojesymsym:

They have been making loses for the past 4 years, the sector is highly competitive

The duties, taxes and levies introduced by Buhari is killing the sector. Upon the reduction in profit margin, staff costs are increasing.

Except you are a trader, I don't think an investor who wants to live on dividends will have this stock in his portfolio.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:02pm On Apr 12, 2021
jedisco:

That's one of the miracles on the NSE, that leaves me wondering. Unfortunately, it is the case for over 95% of listed companies.

For a household name like Guinness whose products are everywhere, one would expect it should at least maintain its stock value in naira- dividends aside. But then the value has surprisingly been on the continuous decline for years and dividends annoyingly low (we're talking of <1% for some years). I can hardly put down a reason for that.

Value will go down if fundamentals nose dive. They have been making losses back to back, the effects of their diversification into spirit is yet to be seen on the bottom line

Nigeria Brewery the market leader is struggling, but it is still profitable but not growing its earnings.

International Brewery made a big mistake trying to challenge the market leader, the company suffered a bloodied nose and currently in the intensive care unit trying to undergo multiple major corporate surgical operations.

The debt of the company should be about N250 billion

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by edoman2016: 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Value will go down if fundamentals nose dive. They have been making losses back to back, the effects of their diversification into spirit is yet to be seen on the bottom line

Nigeria Brewery the market leader is struggling, but it is still profitable but not growing its earnings.

International Brewery made a big mistake trying to challenge the market leader, the company suffered a bloodied nose and currently in the intensive care unit trying to undergo multiple major corporate surgical operations.

The debt of the company should be about N250 billion
what! 250 billion naira debt? I thought international brewery have overtaken Guinness Nigeria as the second largest brewer in Nigeria based on revenue. What now happens to all the revenue they are making? Is it that their profit margin is too low or their operating costs is very high?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2021
jedisco:

Price in 2013 -270
2014- 180
2015- 150
2016 -95
2017- 60
2018-110
2109 -48
2020-15.

Some people would look at the current price and want to be Warren Buffet and buy at the lows... Well, good for them. But if something fundamental and novel hasn't changed with the company/market, it's more likely the price will revisit 15 naira or even lower

I know you wouldnt touch NSE with a 10-ft pole
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 3:44pm On Apr 12, 2021
Could be of interest.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2021
edoman2016:
what! 250 billion naira debt? I thought international brewery have overtaken Guinness Nigeria as the second largest brewer in Nigeria based on revenue. What now happens to all the revenue they are making? Is it that their profit margin is too low or their operating costs is very high?

Revenue is not the same thing as profit. They spent heavily on marketing and production capacity, trying to unseat the market leader.

Forgetting that Nigeria Brewery is baba in guerilla marketing warfare and strategy.

Guinness tried it in the past, Satzenbrua was positioned to challenge Gulder, Harp to challenge Star. Nigeria Brewery won in all the brand wars .

Nigeria Brewery then started Legend to challenge the Stout from Guinness, that was the only battle lost by NBL against Guinness

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bbbwings: 3:52pm On Apr 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Revenue is not the same thing as profit. They spend heavily on marketing and production capacity, trying to unseat the market leader.

Forgetting that Nigeria Brewery is baba in guerilla marketing warfare and strategy.

Guinness tried it in the past, Satzenbrua was positioned to challenge Gulder, Harp to challenge Star. Nigeria Brewery won in all the brand wars .

Nigeria Brewery then started Legend to challenge the Stout from the Guinness, that was the only battle lost by NBL against Guinness
Sir, why is unilever tanking.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2021
Bbbwings:

Sir, why is unilever tanking.

Which of the tanks, value or price tank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bbbwings: 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Which of the tanks, value or price tank?
Better still what is your view about the stock.
Would you buy it now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: biznus and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.