Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1864) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4465621 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:18pm On Apr 12, 2021
Bbbwings:

Better still what is your view about the stock.
Would you buy it now?

Might buy when it shows signs of fundamental recovery

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Danniee(m): 6:13pm On Apr 12, 2021
Pls any value in TRANSCORP at present price?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2021
grin grin cool

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 10:47pm On Apr 12, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:
grin grin cool

Nothing new. Housing prices globally are rising coupled with our own unique situation
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 13, 2021
afroxyz:

Nothing new. Housing prices globally are rising coupled with our own unique situation

What’s the relationship between the increasing cost of building materials in Nigeria and rising housing prices globally? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 10:58am On Apr 13, 2021
Troyze:
Do you bet on football matches? Visit the link on my signature to learn how to stop losing bets on football matches

Hahahaha Wrong thread, nobody will patronize you here

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
GTB advised TB rate

Good morning.

The Secondary market rates available for today are:
94 days 1.5%
185days 3.0%
353days 7.0%

The rate at the last Primary Market auction are:
91 days 1%
182 days 2%
364 days 4%

StabicIBTC advised rate
Treasury Bills

Date of the next T-Bills Primary Market Auction :Wednesday, 14 April 2021

See below the CBN stop rates at last T-bill PMA:

91d – 2.0000%

182d – 3.5000%

364d – 8.0000%

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2021
richforever123:

Hahahaha Wrong thread, nobody will patronize you here

Who told you?. I want to bet on Arsenal winning UCL in 3040AD. grin cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2021
May this Ramadan be successful for all of us and provide us with good health, peace and joy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 9:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
E choke!!!

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obaze21: 2:42am On Apr 14, 2021
Emndy:

ARM is ok. Redemption effected on a working day before noon gets credited sameday 4-6pm. While redp effected after noon gets credited next working day.

Maximum daily withdrawal is 500k by default.

Customer service is good aswell. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much. This is quite helpful.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:01am On Apr 14, 2021
maishai:

There are somethings that no matter how you describe to a nonexpert or an outsider to a trade, he will never understand.......
Sharing the knowledge of a trade especially on digital platform does not diminish ur market, it rather opens u up
An estate valuer can never b a doctor so also a doc can never be an accountant but when knowledge is shared we all become sharper

I don’t understand how this is related to the question I asked sir. I simply asked if you would come here to give free professional services if you were an estate valuer that depended on providing such services to feed your family. That required a yes or no response.

I think it is extremely selfish for anyone to feel they can come to a forum to get free professional services and save costs at the expense of professionals that depend on providing such services to feed their families. Some of those professionals actually comb these forums looking for work.

To be clear, sharing and exchanging knowledge on an online forum is very different from seeking free professional services online.

You don’t have to agree with me on this sir.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:12am On Apr 14, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

I don’t understand how this is related to the question I asked sir. I simply asked if you would come here to give free professional services if you were an estate valuer that depended on providing such services to feed your family. That required a yes or no response.

I think it is extremely selfish for anyone to feel they can come to a forum to get free professional services and save costs at the expense of professionals that depend on providing such services to feed their families. Some of those professionals actually comb these forums looking for work.

To be clear, sharing and exchanging knowledge on an online forum is very different from seeking free professional services online.

You don’t have to agree with me on this sir.

Oh now I see. I guess the investment advice given here freely will also be affecting the revenue of investment professionals too...

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 14, 2021
freeman67:

Oh now I see. I guess the investment advice given here freely will also be affecting the revenue of investment professionals too...

Hahaha you are very funny grin. But in actual fact, discussions and exchanges here help increase the revenues of investment houses wink

I don’t think anyone gives professional investment advice here.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 14, 2021
freeman67:

By the way, do you know how wide the definition of an investment professional is? Do you know that there are investment professionals that act as corporate financial advisers, investment banking professionals that advise companies on M&A and equity/debt alternatives, private equity professional that invest directly in private/unlisted companies, VC professionals that invest in early stage ventures, investment professionals that invest in and/or structure and advise sponsors on infrastructure and project finance transactions, etc

Oga those listed above is where the money is at o. Not the petty petty treasury bills and retail stock and bond market that you people think about when you hear investment o.

With an open mind, there is a whole lot that we can learn...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:37am On Apr 14, 2021
freeman67:

Knowledge sharing is different from professional advise.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:42am On Apr 14, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

By the way, do you know how wide the definition of an investment professional is? Do you know that there are investment professionals that act as corporate financial advisers, investment banking professionals that advise companies on M&A and equity/debt alternatives, private equity professional that invest directly in private/unlisted companies, VC professionals that invest in early stage ventures, investment professionals that invest in and/or structure and advise sponsors on infrastructure and project finance transactions, etc

Oga those listed above is where the money is at o. Not the petty petty treasury bills and retail stock and bond market that you people think about when you hear investment o.

With an open mind, there is a whole lot that we can learn...

Okay ooo, you call Treasury Bills, bonds and stock petty. Investment banking firms make good money from what you call petty.

Check out 2020 financial report of United Capital.

2020 was a very good one for all fund managers courtesy of the bond market

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 14, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Okay ooo, you call Treasury Bills, bonds and stock petty. Investment banking firms make good money from what you call petty.

Check out 2020 financial report of United Capital.

2020 was a very good one for all fund managers courtesy of the bond market

My oga, I did not mention fund managers. To be clear, I meant to say giving investment advice on petty retail T bills, bonds and stocks.

Notwithstanding, you still cannot compare the money they make from managing these funds (which I agree are impressive) to what they make from advising companies and project sponsors and being the Mandated Lead Adviser or Bookrunners to primary market issues. That’s where the money is at.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:07am On Apr 14, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

My oga, I did not mention fund managers. To be clear, I meant to say giving investment advice on retail T bills, bonds and stocks.

Notwithstanding, you still cannot compare the money they make from managing these funds (which I agree are impressive) to what they make from advising companies and being the Mandated Lead Adviser or Bookrunner to primary market issues. That’s where the money is at.

I understand you, but every stream of income is very important especially steady one like fees from portfolio and fund management, financial advisory, merger and acquisition, book running no be every week but the management fees for managing money market funds, Eurobond fund, equity fund, fixed income fund, ethical fund etc is steady.

I agree with you discussions here does not affect Investment firms, it actually brings more income to them because people are becoming more knowledgeable about the importance of Investments and planning for the unexpected

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:34am On Apr 14, 2021
Value of $1,000 invested 5 years ago:

Etherevm: $273,716
Bitco1n: $148,194
Shopify: $41,662
AMD: $28,639
Etsy: $26,388
Nvidia: $17,071
Tesla: $14,975
PayPal: $7,101
Amazon: $5,530
Netflix: $5,050
Apple: $4,799
Microsoft: $4,670
Salesforce: $3,055
Google: $3,016
Facebook: $2,803

Invest wisely... Don't drown in theories. Crypto is inevitable. atleast, 10% of your investment should be in it for long. smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chidoo1234: 10:37am On Apr 14, 2021
just2endowed:
GTB advised TB rate

Good morning.

The Secondary market rates available for today are:
94 days 1.5%
185days 3.0%
353days 7.0%

The rate at the last Primary Market auction are:
91 days 1%
182 days 2%
364 days 4%

StabicIBTC advised rate
Treasury Bills

Date of the next T-Bills Primary Market Auction :Wednesday, 14 April 2021

See below the CBN stop rates at last T-bill PMA:

91d – 2.0000%

182d – 3.5000%

364d – 8.0000%

How did you get this information pls
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 14, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

Invest wisely... Don't drown in theories. Crypto is inevitable. atleast, 10% of your investment should be in it for long. smiley

grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 11:00am On Apr 14, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Value of $1,000 invested 5 years ago:

Naira: $657

At 10% per annum
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 11:04am On Apr 14, 2021
I'm struggling to understand how individuals are running away from crypto and even worse painting it a bad name at a time when the following entities are rushing it:

Publicly traded companies.
Federal government reserves.
Big banks e.t.c

You sabi future pass all these people. Kwantinue to allow dead naira diminish your wealth grin cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:13am On Apr 14, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:
I'm struggling to understand how individuals are running away from crypto and even worse painting it a bad name at a time when the following entities are rushing it:

Big banks e.t.c

You sabi future pass all these people. Kwantinue to allow dead naira diminish your wealth grin cool

Because they are adults who are solely responsible for their actions and inactions. Adults are not concerned about how other people spend, save, burn or invest their funds.

I always say this " different folks for different folks".

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 11:16am On Apr 14, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

Hahaha you are very funny grin. But in actual fact, discussions and exchanges here help increase the revenues of investment houses wink

I don’t think anyone gives professional investment advice here.

emmanuelewumi:

Knowledge sharing is different from professional advise.

grin grin grin Very true. Discussions here only open investors eyes on how to navigate. It does not shorten what the professionals actually stand to benefits but instead direct more people to their corner...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 11:19am On Apr 14, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Because they are adults who are solely responsible for their actions and inactions. Adults are not concerned about how other people spend, save, burn or invest their funds.

I always say this " different folks for different folks".

All the people I listed above are kids

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:25am On Apr 14, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

Big banks e.t.c

Na your money abi na by force to enter crypto?. cool

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 14, 2021
freeman67:

grin grin grin Very true. Discussions here only open investors eyes on how to navigate. It does not shorten what the professionals actually stand to benefits but instead direct more people to their corner...

The way I was trying to navigate discussions to the estate valuers’ side. Make dem see something chop na wink

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:08pm On Apr 14, 2021
9 wonders of Nairaland ...investment professional and theorist start his day on treasury bill thread , mid day still ranting aimlessly on treasury bill thread and still condemning the treasury bill investment that keeps him ranting all day for free ....imagine a real investment professional in Investment 1 having clients thinking of Nairaland tb thread ....make I give the eassyist small work for the day .......

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

All the people I listed above are kids

Nobody's business if the are kidding themselves for themselves.

I have not seen where people are begged to come and make money

Busy and engaged people don't time to disturb themselves about kids who are kidding themselves

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.